No, Robert Pattinson isn't up for 'Hunger Games' film
May 29th, 2012

No, Robert Pattinson isn't up for 'Hunger Games' film

While the overlap would've pleased "Twilight" fans who also dig Suzanne Collins' "Hunger Games" books, Robert Pattinson isn't being eyed for a role in the next "Hunger Games" film.

Although, we'd understand why you'd think that - because apparently Pattinson himself fell for a bit of gossip that suggested as much.

The “Twilight” star said he spotted the rumor floating around that he was up for the role of Finnick Odair in “Catching Fire,” the second installment of the "HG" franchise - and that even *he* wanted to know if it was true.

"I was kind of curious for a second,” he told USA Today of the scuttlebutt while in Cannes to promote his new film “Cosmopolis.” “So I called my agent."

"My agent was like, 'No,’” the 26-year-old said before laughing. “[My agent] was like, 'No one's going to offer you that part.' I was like, thanks for the reassurance."

Other actors rumored to be up for the role of the muscular, blond and handsome Finnick include Daniel Newman, Zac Efron, Jesse Williams and Chace Crawford, but none have been confirmed.

1. Cyraaxt

Hunger Games was pure hype! it was drawn out, boring, and lame. I sadly watched it in the movies an paid almost 19 dollars just for the ticket i was like wow nothing like what i was sold on first hour of the movie was boring and seemed like a decade elapsed what was left of the movie was as boring, unimaginative and littered with cliche. Abort it now that its a fetus, don't waste anymore money on a sequel there are many other projects and films that should be given a chance not this worthless junk of a movie.

June 10, 2012 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. kc

as if he'd be interested in another teen franchise. been there, done that. on to movies geared to adults now. and fyi, there's a reason he was cast TWICE as characters with one of the descriptions that says "handsome". he may not be your cup of tea – no one is everyone's type, but saying he's not handsome? i think you all doth protest too much hmmm? and creepy? are you talking about Edward Cullen or Robert Pattinson?

May 30, 2012 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. pennylane

THANK GOODNESS....guy is creepy looking...and the Hunger Games will forever be associated with the Twilight movies which would be a disaster.....characters for the Hunger Games need to be athletic looking, and Pattinson is neither attractive or athletic looking. He need to stick to vampire roles...which by the way those characters where ugly...you want real vampires characters that are convincing and don't glisten in the light....look up Interview with a Vampire....puts Twilight geeks to shame....,,enough said...

May 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Syd

Whew! Thank goodness. I say Armie Hammer, hands down would make the best Finnick. Let's get the rumor going and turn it into a reality! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2309517/

May 29, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • halle

From the minute I read catching fire, i thought Armie Hammer!!! Let's hope casting director did too!

May 29, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lennox

I think he'd be great in that movie,he looks like he could use a good meal.

May 29, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  6. babieeeeeeeee

I think he's handsome. Had yer eyes checked latly ?

May 29, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • pennylane

Ahhh...ya...you'd go for that pasty, pale, starved look that everyone thinks is sooooo attractive...I think you need to get your eyes check...

May 29, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ pettylane

Nothing a bit of sunshine won't take care of. How's that farmers tan of yours doing ?

May 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Aqua Girl

I think he's crappy as well as creepy.

May 29, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  8. HG

The dude still creeps me out. I just don't see the appeal. You're right, he's not muscular, blond, or handsome. He should stick to vampire movies. He has the right look for them. Creepy!

May 29, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. .•|•.

He's far from muscular, blond, & handsome...could that be the reason he didn't get asked?

May 29, 2012 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • pennylane

Yep....they wanted someone who could think, run with endurance...not someone who could just pounce.....

May 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |