Two heads are often better than one, especially on film. Case in point: this weekend's "Men in Black III."
Regardless of whether this franchise really needed a threequel (critics are leaning toward "no"), the relationship between Agents K and J are at the heart of this franchise, explored further in the latest installment with help from Josh Brolin, who plays the younger Agent K.
As with all great platonic pairs on film, each character brings something to the relationship that equates to an endlessly watchable partnership.
The duo concept is what makes buddy cop films so fantastic, but since that can be considered a genre unto its own, we're not including those in this week's list. We're also tossing aside romantic couples with great chemistry, as that can be an entirely separate list as well.
Even with that criteria, it's difficult to count off only five of our favorite on-screen pairs, so we hope you flesh out the list below in the comments.
1. "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" (1969) - The original gangsters, if you will, of the buddy movie.
2. "Thelma & Louise" (1991) - The buddy film often shines light on male friendships, but this is one movie that not only gives needed attention to female friendships, but does a fantastic job while doing it.
3. Vincent Vega and Jules Winnfield in "Pulp Fiction" (1994) - The movie is a classic, and this pairing is iconic.
4. Woody and Buzz Lightyear in "Toy Story" (1995) - Tim Allen and Tom Hanks, who voice Buzz and Woody, respectively, deserve much credit for taking two animated characters and making us love them.
5. Craig and Smokey in "Friday" (1995) - This comical pairing is endlessly quotable.
"Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" (1989)
"Harold & Kumar go to White Castle" (2004)
how anout fox and scully from the x files . they were good pair
Newman was a student at the actors studio.
The method actor is the best actor.
Warren Buffet and Barack Obama are two clueless Losers who should be sent to Siberia!
This was a great duoand we loved them.
What about fox and the hound? Tru friendship movie. Right up there with toy story.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,768 other followers