May 24th, 2012

Dina Eastwood on the advice she took from Kim K.

When one needs advice on how to win at reality TV, who better to ask than Kim Kardashian?

Sure, her televised marriage fell apart, and there are plenty of people who'd love to see her and her family yanked off the air, but on the upside, her show "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" saw a 16 percent bump in viewers when its seventh season premiered earlier this month.

So when Kim K. had a few words of reality wisdom to share with E! network newbie Dina Eastwood, wife of iconic actor Clint, Mrs. E made sure to listen.

"She got my band Overtone together, and she said, 'I'm gonna tell you all, Grab it while you can,'" Dina recalled. "She's like, 'Every opportunity that comes your way, seize the day, go for it. Be here a hundred percent.' And I was very impressed.”

But not everyone was as supportive as Dina worked on her new E! family reality series, "Mrs. Eastwood and Company," which premiered on the network May 20.

“A lot of people" advised her against doing the reality show, she told CNN, rattling off a list: "A lot of people that we love, a lot of family members, a lot of friends, a lot of people in the entertainment business."

But their fears are unwarranted, Dina said, because she knows that no one, most of all her, wants to see Clint Eastwood's rep go down the Hollywood tubes.

"That's where I come in," she told us. "I feel really bad because I feel like I'm being the gatekeeper of his reputation in shooting this show and I am. I am diligent… I don't want to ever ever tarnish his reputation.”

The series doesn't actually follow Clint as it does his wife, his two daughters and his wife's music group Overtone, although the Oscar winner is expected to make some appearances. But what does he think about cameras invading his personal life?

“I think Clint thought it was great when it was the band and me," Dina said, but "once the kids got thrown into the mix I think a little resistance started," something she actually appreciated and understood.

"I applaud him for resisting the fact that two teenage girls are gonna be in a reality show, you know ... [He] ...worried that the kids could get a little bit spoiled. Go 'Hollywood' on him. He's kind of the anti–what you would imagine Hollywood to be."

So dad Clint made sure to reiterate to his daughters Morgan and Francesca, "'Don't let it all get to you. Don't start buying into it, girls,'" Dina said.

"That's his concern, that somebody buying your food and painting your nails is normal. Unless you can afford it, unless you can get a job and pay for that kind of stuff, that's not normal living.”

"Mrs. Eastwood and Company" airs on E! Sundays at 10 p.m. ET.

1. Lorrainev Niitoe

hey there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for much more of your respective exciting content. Make sure you update this again very soon..

July 17, 2012 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Chad

I love the show, and particularly Dina's moral compass. I think she is a wonderful role model not just for her daughters but for kids in general. We need more shows that have positive messages like theirs.

July 4, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cheryl hullinger

Dina Eastwood and her idiot daughters totally make me sick,i cant believe Clint Eastwood would even let anyone know he is related to this bunch.

June 14, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lee

I think to promote the band & have Mrs. E portrayed was fine, but DO agree with Clint E: it's gonna take a different turn with the Family (the girls) being involved.......and that Tyler guy is (really) Bad news...reminds me of a gasoline fire, but no one's struck the match just yet.......Francesca needs to dump this Guy.

June 11, 2012 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. IM

oh yes...Kim is definatly an advisor. duh

May 30, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Susan

Once Dina opens the gate to the privacy of her home and family... it can never go back to the way they were...happy, normal in their private lives. The teenage girls will be impacted from "Hollywood" influences no matter how careful Dina is. I just don't understand why she would "mess" with her private life. It seemed pretty great before all this! Why would she take a chance in upsetting the established life they had. All I can think of she wants the spotlight on HER. I don't think she did this just for her band. She's missed working and she deals with Clint's fame....now she wants her own fame is how I see this....even at the expense of her two girls having a "normal" life......even at the expense of Clint's privacy....which he values. Seems selfish to me. She might be a nice person but she seems self centered and spoiled to me! The shows I've seen seem silly....you know everything is staged...it's all scripted! What a bunch of baloney!!!

May 29, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • lee

Yeah, I don't get that either – Clint E covets his privacy – Can't believe he's OK with all this Hoop-la.....
      Maybe Dina is a bit "lost" – with Clint being so busy all the time & their Daughter growing up – she'll be going to college in 3 years....Maybe Dina trying to fill that void she knows is coming......
      But this is a bad idea – to continue upping the "ante" & cash in on something bigger – more shocking – more controversial.....Just CAN'T believe that will sit well with husband Clint E.

June 11, 2012 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. Michael Calaizzo

Howie Buffet is Fat and would great as Baby number2.

May 25, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. Dad Clauss (in Diapers)

Waren Buffet is a Big baby, put him on the show.

May 25, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kendra

I think the purpose of the show is to showcase the band – to get them as much exposure as possible to help them succeed in the US. Personally, I think it says a lot about Ms. Eastwood's character to bring these guys over here and take responsibility for their success. She's willing to put herself on the line and open herself up to critics and potential ridicules in order to help this band. If it goes badly she will take most of the consequences and with two teenage daughters involved and the last name "Eastwood" I have no doubt she's thought about that more than once in the middle of the night. She could just as easily turn them over to agents and coaches and whatever else,but she took it on and is doing whatever she can because she made a committment.
    As for taking Kim Kardashian's advice: Kim has no talent, no skills, no morals or ethics whatsoever, and is so filthy, stinking rich all because she did a reality show. A lot of us may wish it would go way but more seem to enjoy it and the ratings are climbing. She's has to be doing something right, so I can't think of anyone better than Kim to give advice and the woman drives me up a wall.
    Good luck to Ms. Eastwood, her show and I hope Overtone takes off!

May 24, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Booo

I'd rather see Clint, who is not regularly appearing. Does Clint not make enough money for the family? I don't get why the wife and daughters need to exploit their personal lives on TV. Wealth? Check. Fame? Ask dad for a cast reading, then check. This is supposed to be the average man's avenue to fame, since real talent doesn't cut it for the masses any longer.

May 24, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Agrav8td

Dina Eastwood?? This proves ANYONE can have a reality show, and people will watch it.

May 24, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michael Caliazzo

Will Smith is no Mel Gibson (Racist Bigot), he was just angry.

May 24, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Michael Caliazzo

We need to show her the respect she deserves.

May 24, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Michael

I've been reading your posts for a while now. What the heck are you talking about? Most of your comments don't even relate to the thread. Are you from an alternate universe or what?

May 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. HG

Why would anybody in their right minds take advice from kim k? Too funny! They are a very pretty family. Anybody heard about her band, the overtones? I wonder what kind of music it is.

May 24, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. LC

Taking advice from kim k, classic!lmao

May 24, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  16. duh

would "the advice she took from kim k" have anything to "the d_ck she took from ray j"?

May 24, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |