May 23rd, 2012

'Dancing' crowns its season 14 winner

Donald Driver had a feeling that going country in his freestyle could be the difference on "Dancing with the Stars." He was right.

The Green Bay Packers receiver took home the Mirrorball Trophy on Tuesday's finale, upending singer Katherine Jenkins and actor William Levy in a showdown that many thought was too close to call.

But Driver's country-tinged freestyle routine, which judge Carrie Ann Inaba called her favorite dance of the season, helped the NFL star pull ahead with viewers.

"I can't believe we won," Driver told CNN after the show. "I feel the same way like [when] we won the Vince Lombardi Trophy [for winning the Super Bowl]. I just have a numb feeling, and it's going to soak in tomorrow that we are the champions."

Pro partner Peta Murgatroyd took home her first Mirrorball Trophy in just her second season as a competitor. It's a complete turnaround for the Australian dancer, who finished last with NBA star Metta World Peace in season 13.

"I'm over the moon," Murgatroyd said. "It's an amazing feeling coming from being out first last season to winning it this season. It's a total different journey."

To hear more from Driver, Murgatroyd and the other finalists, click on the above video.

What did you think of last night's "Dancing" finale? Did the right team win?

1. Nisac Delveechios

Great web site. A lot of useful info here. IЎ¦m sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you on your sweat!

July 11, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  2. George

Katheine was robbed. I thought the season was going along pretty good with the weaker dancers getting eliminated when their time was up. And last season got it right with JR Martinez being the winner. This season the rankings should have been

1. Katherine and Mark
    2. Maria and Derrek
    3. Donald and Peta or William and Cheryl about the same

Katherine was consistently excellent throughout the whole season. And Maria did some challenging moves and had a of variety in her performances. Donald was good too but I think he got voted for mostly on charisma and his enthusiasm. And I think women tend to judge other women more harshly than they judge men, and the demo for this show contains an huge female audience, which didn't work in Katherine's favor.

May 26, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Meg Mundy

WE ARE PROUD oth their victory.

May 25, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Meg Mundy

They deseve to win and command our respect.

May 25, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Daniel

Katherine was the best dancer and William the second best but neither had an American fan base. Donald won because of a huge national fan base of Packer fans. He was great, but they were better.

May 24, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nic

Incorrect.

Katharine was definitely the best dancer in terms of technical ability, and of the three, William was the WEAKEST. Go back and re-watch the episodes, and this time focus on his footwork. It's easy to miss a person's screwups when they know how to sell it (especially by looking confident and smiling). I wanted Katharine to win it until I saw Donald's freestyle – that's what did it for me. He deserved the Mirrorball.

May 25, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • mfx3

Show me your evidence.

May 25, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Maria Aleman

Daniel, I completely agree with you. Too much nationalism!!!

May 25, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. jumo

I have been watching for years and sometimes I get disappointed in judges who vote for who they like and sometimes people vote off better dancers but what I like is someone who improves over the course of the show and that was Donald.
    I favorite was Maria and Derek but I voted for Donald

May 24, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kate

GO PACK GO! He danced like a professional!

May 24, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Favre Sucks

GO PACKERS!!!!

May 24, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. Marybethdancingextraodinaire

Let's be honest. It is and always has been a popularity contest. ANY TIME you have the public voting, it becomes less of the talent and more of who draws in the most fans and the most fans who will actually pick up a phone and vote.

For it to be a true challenge, I wish the judges had selected the Final Dances as a Jive for William, a Paso for Katherine, and a Quickstep for Donald. Regardless of how the judges voted for those dances in the past episodes, they were not the best of these three celebrities.

I voted for Donald. Not because of the free style. Because of the Trios. Not any of the trios had 2 women and 1 man except for Donald. While Cheryl danced with her professional partner, William stood there. While Donald danced with Pete and Karina, he had to be in total and complete control over two female dancers. THAT to me said it all.

And finally, GO PACK!!!!

May 24, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Two Left Feet Gavin

It was clear from Day One, Katherine Jenkins was the best dancer and received high scores the whole time. Donald was the most popular, but deserved to be in the finals. Maria and Derek danced NO FLICKS during the Jive!! How can you have no flicks in a Jive? For that alone they didn't deserve to be in the finals.

In the end it is a popularity contest as we have seen very good dancers sent home early!!

May 24, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. ElKai0

I should of made a bet, i called this at the very start of the whole show. GO PACKERS

May 24, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. Margo

I am soooooo glad that Donald won. I was on his side the whole time. I really thought that Levy was too full of himself and really besides all that butt shaking which he did well was all he was about. Katherine is a beautiful dancer but shot herself in the foot when the pressure was on...Donald just kicked up his game and it paid off. No whining, crying or bad mouthing the judges...took what they had to say and went to work. It's a tv show folks, get over it.

May 24, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. JUGGERNAUT

LMAO

TYPICAL RACIST AND HATE COMMENTS ANY TIME A BLACK GUY DOES WELL....

LMAO.....WELL, THE RACIST HATERS CAN EAT THE HEART OUT, THEIR B**CHING WILL NOT CHANGE A THING. LOL

May 24, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. JimG

My conspiracy theory is that Maria was intentionally eliminated instead of Donald because she was injured and couldn't perform physically for the final. She had the top score and was eliminated. I voted for Katherine; but Donald had the most popular and dynamic freestyle – which most often wins in the finale. The problem I had was the judges giving all basically the same high scores – and leaving the choice to the fans. Then the winner gets decided on the fan base. Katherine's Welsh fans against the NFL – not a fair fight.

May 23, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

I have a slightly different take on it. I agree that the final three should have been Katherine, Maria, and William. But it didn't end up that way because Driver is a professional football player. Such folks have a fan base of blindly loyal supporters that will call in and vote for them ... not because they dance well; but because they play football for someone's favorite team. Driver is a classic example. He may be a nice guy. He may be a terrifice football player. But a dancer he is NOT. This is why I'm done with DWTS until they change the rules and stop allowing NFL players on the show.

May 24, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  15. rose de

WILLIAM was HOT and had natural rythem....Donald worked hard and Katherine seemed she had trainned before?

May 23, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • TommyBoy

All William did was a bunch of salsa moves, every freakin week. Even his final song choice was guess what...Salsa. Shocker. He was 1 dimensional and boring. I guess the hardup housewives voted for this g@y blade. Donald was the clear cut winner. He was dynamic and improved week-to-week. -TB

May 23, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. ulli

CNN must not have thought that Donald and Peta deserved to win. Their video shows only the other two finalists.

Shame on you, CNN. Shame on you....

May 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. BECKAH

MARIA OVER DONALD? YEAH, NO. I VOTED FOR WILLIAM, BUT IN THE END DONALD WAS DEFINETLY A BETTER DANCER WITHOUT A DOUBT!

May 23, 2012 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Faye

All of them deserved to win. I voted for Donald and Peta because they were my favorite couple and I am not going to apologize for it. It's a dance contest and yes, fan base is a big part of the show. In the past the best couples have not always won but, unfortunately that's the way it goes. Peta and Donald had amazing chemistry and were so exciting to watch...I was very excited everytime they hit the dance floor. Len, was extremely hard on Donald and obviously wanted Katherine to win. The people have voted....so it is what it is. It's just fun for me to watch all the dancers and I just don't take all of this that seriously. It's all for fun and if you are not having fun then you should stop watching the show. This dance show is not going to make or break any of the finalist regardless of the results. Someone is always going to be disappointed with the final results no matter who wins. Life is too short to get upset over a dance program.....because it's just not that serious.

May 23, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Essie

All these comments stating that "Katherine should have won"....well, SHE DIDN'T!!!! ~DONALD DRIVER & PETA DID.~ ...hooray!!! ~Honestly, she was pretty stiff! Her partner was waaaayy better than she was, but he is not "the star!" ~Go Donald, Go Donald... :)

May 23, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lindaluttrell

Congrats, Driver, you rock!

May 23, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  21. yojude

I agree that Maria should have been in the finals instead of Donald, with Katherine and Mark winning the trophy. This show isn't about dancing any more...it's all about popularity and how large your fan base is. The judges should decide the final winners with no voting from the viewing audience.

May 23, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan Randolph

I agree, it is clearing not about who is the best dancer, it is who has the largest fan base. I feel Katerine was clearly the best dancer. But her fan base was no where near the same as Donald's. Maria was in that same position when you was voted off.

May 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • LK2

I agree! No one in the states really knew who Kathrine was... I sure didn't! But that didn't mean I wouldn't have voted for her. I don't care WHO they are. If they are good, then they deserve to stay to win. If they are not, then they need to go. Some of the bad dancers have stayed on while others who were good, were voted off. That is what caused the change this year in having the "dance off", and judges decide who stays and who goes. But in the end, it needs to be better decided. Clearly Maria was a better dancer than Donald, but yet, she was sent home. Donald did GREAT for a sportsman. He really did! But the others were better, IMO. Donald didn't receive any perfect scores until the end, while the others (Katherine, Maria and William), got perfect scores a few times. Something not right in Denmark.

May 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

People need to stop taking this show so SERIOUSLY!! It's entertainment people . . . and the way the show is set up is that half of the scores are determined by the audience vote. If you don't like the way the show is, watch something else :) I was personally quite happy to see Derek & Maria go . . it's time he stopped hogging the spotlight and let some of the other pros shine a little bit. I have to wonder how good he'd do if he wasn't sleeping with all of his partners? ;)

May 23, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJ

So you want to leave it in the hands of the ever-grumpy Len Goodman? The guy votes against anyone doing any move newer than 60 years old in various dances, and constantly whines about dances being too raunchy (which is just "put on" BS anyway, since they're dressing these people in little more than nothing).

May 24, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
    • midwest

Yojude – you took the words right out of my mouth.

May 24, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Nic

How can you people believe that it is still all about popularity? Katharine made it to the final two despite having probably the lowest fan base of any contestant ever on the show. As for the "whole NFL" voting for Donald, even the NFL DWTS winner who was interviewed in the finals (Emmet Smith) wasn't for Donald. I seriously doubt that the entire NFL is sitting home watching and voting. Sometimes fame (and crazy idiot fans) keeps people on for too long (examples: Bristol Palin, Marie Osmond) as excellent dancers get eliminated (Sabrina) but ultimately the winners have consistently been strong dancers who have improved during the course of the show - like Donald. I would've been glad to see Katharine win it, but to say he didn't deserve it and only won thanks to the support of the NFL is laughable.

May 25, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  22. 4Realppl

Are you kidding? CLEARLY Gladys or Martina should have won!

May 23, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Kareen

I could kick myself for the time I spend watching this program.
    Donald Driver is a terrific dancer and entertainer, but he wasn't the best. William and defiantly Katherine were much much better.
    However I wish Donald well, he is a nice person and dancer.

May 23, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

This is one of those rare times when all three of the finalists deserved the trophy. I was routing for and voting for William and Cheryl. But in reality, Donald made the most improvement over the season. What I believe may have clinched it for him was the freestyle (Texas cowboy) routine and the strong performance he gave with the trio dance. Choreography is very important in these routines and I think Wiliiam and Cheryl and Mark and Katherine fell short this time around.

May 24, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  24. GaPeach

I am slapping myself for looking to see who won when I have never watched the program. Slow work day

May 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. nancy

the voting was politically correct, he was not the best, but what else can one expect

May 23, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Melinda Sousa

My name is Melinda Michelle Sousa.I am looking for new friends on Facebook.I live in Augusta,Georgia.Please send me lots of friend requests.

May 23, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Angela

Yes, I voted for Donald! I loved his personality, his drive and the hardwork he put into his practices and dances. For me William was nicely built but however not the best looking man I have seen in my lifetime and I was getting sick of hearing it every week. Katherine lost my respect with her "back" injury then jumping like a wild duck the next night. I just loved Donald and it aggrevated me to watch some of the dances that he would get a 10 from the other judges but nothing from Len, I think he got the wrong end of the deal a lot of nights. YEA DONALD!!!

May 23, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  28. 1twinsfan

Donald deserved and earned his win. Katherine was so great but she had a stumble or two while Driver was consistently good. And by MN law, I am not allowed to root for Packer so this is an unbiased opinion. Freakin' Packer, ugh. Is it pre-season yet? Yeah, Driver was the correct choice.

May 23, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. just a theory

I seemed to notice since Peeta became a pro she has been pushed to the forefront. Even after she was voted off last season, she appeared in almost all of the pro dancers (EVEN after other pros had been voted off and were available who were more popular). This is just my humble two-cent conspiracy theory, but I feel that while Donald was certainly good and entertaining, he did not deserve to win, and maybe, just maybe, DWTS powers that be had something to do with it?

May 23, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paula

Totally agree that Donald did not deserve to win; Katherine is a much better dancer

May 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • LucyRicardo

Peta is a newbie but she is an excellent dancer and a very good choreographer. Some of the pros are lacking in the choreographic skills and there are some strong ones too. Peta is one of the strong ones.

May 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Maria

they were all good, but they copy the western dance from another season winner, i love him but he was not a good dancer ,great lifs , but no a good dancer. Catherine was better but i think that Levy should have won. he was a natural, great body moves, easy to enjoy

May 23, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Artie

Copy? William copied himself every week. Cheryl did the right thing when he bombed trying to actually dance. Variate the same "two step/pose" routine to the finals. I agree, he didn't belong in the finals.

May 23, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

Katherine is a beautiful "English Rose" with the voice of an Angel, the personality of a sweet and delicate LADY and, as stated, she set the bar extremely high for this season. Katherine dances like Fred Astaire.

The ONLY reason Donald won was due to football and the followers, certainly NOT better than Katherine!!!

I believe by the Judges remarks (they) agreed.

May 23, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  31. doby

katherine was by the class and best dancer througout the season. Yes Driver came on strong but it should be a whole body of work not just a few dances in the end. Yes it is a poularity contest, no denying that- too bad Katherine couldn't take her top off then we would see how popular she would have been. Just kiddin– let the judges have 75% of vote and 25% for the public

May 23, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • KethanMO

Do you realize how painful it would be for a woman to do some of those dances with her top off? Even if they could, it would not be practical...

May 23, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. carmen maria

I still say cheyrl &william were much better they should be winners

May 23, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • tony

He did the same dance for 10 weeks! When he tried something different he flubbed up and then lieterally forgot what he was doing. He didn't belong in the finals.

May 23, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  33. MAC

No they did not deserve to win. He was in the bottom several times. He was good but not good enough to win. If you watch the show every year on the last dance the judges always give them 10's. I don't even know why they do this last dance. He got his first 30 on Monday. All of a sudden he is good enough to win on the last day. ABC didn't do a good job of covering up this so call win. They just gave him the win. He didn't earn IT!!!!

May 23, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Essie

Just like Donny Osmond should NOT have won against Mia...your point is?! ...People stop hating! Katherine was very stiff...Donald Driver has more rhythm & entertaining! ~Just face it, your skin color doesn't automatically crown you a winner any longer!! ....Kudos to you Donald Driver & Peta!!!

May 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mrg1978

I'm glad Donald won, he earned and deserved. To those who don't agree, well I kinda felt the same way when Donny Osmond beat Mya

May 23, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. get2livin

I dunno, Donalds free style reminded me alot of Drew Lachey's free style. Country, hats, line dancing....copy cat. Katherine by far deserved to win as she had the dances with the most content and polish. Donald should have been out when Maria left and she should have been in the finals with William and Katherine

May 23, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandra

I have to agree that Maria and Derek should have been in the finals, but Donald and Peeta had some great lifts and were flashy, with Donald really seeming to take the judges' criticisms not only very well, but he used them to improve. It was a tough call, but I knew Katherine would not win when she collapsed at the end of the very creative samba, after she fell. As a professional performer (singer) she should have known to keep her fragile ego to herself, and sucked it up a bit more. I know they have doctors on staff, and she received outstanding care that allowed her to dance with freedom the next night, but her reaction to her fall and "pulled muscle" was a disappointment. Even when Melissa Gilbert was cracked in the head, she waited til after she and Max got up to the sky box to show she was injured.

May 23, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Felix Fry

YES, I knew he would win, Carrie Ann with her jumping up and down makes me sick. NO they were not the best and did not deserve to win. Shame on all the judges who gave him a 10, he was not up with the other two in any way.

May 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tony

I agree. I don't think Donald danced as good as Katherine. In the dance prior, judges gave him high scores. Just because he is a football player does not mean he deserves high scores. He got high scores because he is Donald. Katherine is a dancer, she had grace, elegance and can dance. I believe people voted for donald because he is Donald. and certainly didn't care who danced better. Katherine is unknown in the U.S. Give her credit in putting on the best performance ever. She out did everyone else on the dance floor. People don't look to see who has the best dancing talent. Certainly not Donald. People should not be allowed to vote. There should be independent judges. Outcome would have been different.

May 23, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Tam

I USE to vote but now I watch for pure entertainment value so my feelings would not be hurt if my favorite didn't win. The show is very much a popularity thing with some dancing thrown in. Happy for Donald though as I thought he didn't stand a chance against Katherine.

May 23, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Marvelous

Donald does not dance, he walks, and that’s all. Americans know him and voted for him. They do not care that he is nothing comparing to Katherine and William. He is actually the weakest among last four. I just cannot believe he won.

May 23, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • evelyn

He is "nothing". I see where you're coming from, but I won't say it. By the way, it is "compared to" and not "comparing to". Are you here legally?

May 24, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  39. calvin

Maybe all those who felt Katherine or whomever should heve won, should have voted more? It based on the call-ins! Really People its just a show!! Maybe Ronald Mcdonald should have won!!! Who really cares?

May 23, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • casualobserver

You are right. He was not even close to the best dancer but the contest is really just a popularity contest. Very rarely does the "best" dancer win. If it was truly a dance contest, the judges would be experts and the only ones that vote. At the end of the day, who really cares.

May 23, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Margaret

One of the problems of letting votes take over is the sports stars have an enormous fan base, in the thousands, to start with which gives them a huge advantage. It's been seen before when the sports star wins over someone who is the better dancer. Kathryn is a star in her own right but unknown to the general US public so had to start from scratch.

May 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  41. carol sullivan

THEY DESERVED TO WIN HE WAS GREAT AND I AND MY ENTIRE FAMILY OF 42 VOTED THE MAX FOR THEM I'M SO GLAD HE WON KATHERINE THOUGT IF SHE WOULD SING A FEW NOTES SHE WOULD WIN SORRY

May 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Yawn

When "Dancing With The Stars" starts having REAL STARS as contestants, then I'll pay more attention to this show. Really...who were these 3 finalists?

May 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Barack

My ridiculous opinion or not Suzie, Katherine still LOST and you can't stand it. Deal with it. And don't be a crybaby like Katherine!

May 23, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Mira

Donald and Peta were so original and dynamic with their freestyle. They deserved to win!

May 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Barack

Katherine lost because she faked an injury and found a reason to CRY every week. That turned me and a lot of people off. I voted for her early in the season but her weepy ways made me change my vote.

May 23, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrea

A lot of people get injured on thet show, and I don't believe they "fake" injuries or pain. These dances are strenuous and I give anyone who does this show credit for particiapting.

May 23, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  46. C

William was robbed!!! simply as that

May 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Pjw751

I think the correct team won. Donald should have been scored higher many times during the season. Len even admitted to making a mistake judging him in the second week. Any of the last 4 could have won the trophy. And people watch in part because they can have an influence on the outcome. I mean what about Bristol Palin, Kate Goselyn and Master P, they should have been off in week1 and their fans kept them in. It's part of what makes the show a success.

May 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Sandy

DWTS has featured myriad athletes including Olypmians. When is a baseball player going to show up?

May 23, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Michael Caliazzo

We need more shows suchs as this.

May 23, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Michael Caliazzo

You guys are so jealous of Talent.

May 23, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Michael Caliazzo

they wee my choice.

May 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Nadine

The problem is when they have any stars with many sort of musical talent(band,dancing or singing) they have an
    advantage right off the bat. Donald started with nothing an accomplished everything.
    Well done.

May 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Stan

Katherine was by far the best dancer. She and Mark should've won.

May 23, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mr Ed

After watching the show all season, Katherine should have won. The problem as mentioned earlier, it's the fan base and support that helps you win, not necessarilly your dancing talent and skills. Who ever heard of William and Katherine before the season started, yet everyone's heard of the Green Bay Packers Donald Driver. Case in point, in season 5, Cheetah Girl Sabrina Bryan was a shoo in for first place, yet in week 7 to the surprise of all she got voted off, hence the change in scoring after that season. Maybe that's the formula for the show's success, you never know what's going to happen. I'd like to see the public's voting scores shown at the bottom of the screen just so we can see how close it may have been. They never seem to be posted anywhere, or at least I can't find them. Let's see who signs up for the "All-Star" season next year!!!!

May 23, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Yanixia

If you have watched Novela's, then you already knew of William Levey. And if you didn't, then if you shopped an GUESS, you knew.

May 23, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • OMG

Who are you, & what did you do to Mr Ed? Never in a million years would he do a post like that! lmao.

May 23, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Paula

To me DWS is about the most improved dancer – and in my opinion Donald Driver was the most improved – as he did not recieve a perfect score until his last two performers – way to go Donald.

May 23, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  56. Paula

To me DWS is about the most improved dancer – and in my opinion Donald Driver was the most improved – as he did not recieve a perfect score until his last two performers – why to go Donald.

May 23, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  57. rom2894

Kathryn should have won...she is the better dancer by far, but Driver was okay also but had a much bigger fan base.

May 23, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  58. Cat222

Katherine lost votes when she pretended to be hurt and then was jumping up and down the next day. I'm glad Donald Driver won..Katernine is a fake liar!

May 23, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Suzie

@Cat222
      you better hope that you don't get an unexpected back injury/muscle spasm!...don't throw stones at people's glass windows!
      Yes Katherine lost votes due to her back injury, not because of your ridiculous opinion, but overall she was the best dancer & she should have won that trophy!

May 23, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

everyone has injuries but they dont lie and get points for it

May 23, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • KERRYE

Does someone have some super inside info re: Katherine "faking it". Baloney. You just know nothing about certain types of bsck spasms, and, you have no reason to believe that Katherine-or anyone else in the preceding several weeks-was "faking" any of their injuries.

May 24, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Karole

Katherine should have won.

May 23, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • evelyn

Then why didn't she win? Apparently, a lot of people disagree with the Katherine fan base.

May 24, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  60. Anna

Donald and Katherine were the best, but Katherine should have won -

May 23, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  61. Joe

Well the US loves it's sports heroes...Kathryn was the better dancer.

Oh, and next year. Can we PLEASE pair Anna Trebunskaya up with someone who doesn't suck? Please????

May 23, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  62. Gretchen Jones

Maria and Derek should have been in the finals instead of Donald Driver, and Katherine and Mark should have been the winners. It's silly to call this a dance contest; it's all about the audience, and they are not dancers nor qualified to critique dancers.

May 23, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  63. DC

I have read many posts on several sites regarding the winner and people have shared their opinions. To be honest, I was voting for Katherine as she was by far the better dancer out of the three. Yes, it's a dancing contest, but it's also a popularity contest whether we like it or not. Regarding posts I have read regarding William, yes he is hot, and he can dance, but I do believe that Maria should have been in the finals. Everyone just needs to stop being a sore lose on their favorite. Like I said, it's a dancing AND popularity contest.

May 23, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  64. Jo

Katherine by far should have won.

May 23, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  65. Granny

Donald is a very nice person, but Kathryn was the better dancer. William superb too.

May 23, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  66. Name*DJ

No one cares

May 23, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

I wanna see Anna Trebunskaya and Karina Smirnoff in some hot girl on girl action...

May 23, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  67. carolae

An additional comment......DWTS has turned into more of a "popularity" vote as opposed to
    "best dancer" vote.

May 23, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  68. Gordon

Its all political..Katherine was by FAR the best dancer..her scores from the judges prove it...but public votes mirror the "lets make history" vice voting on performance

May 23, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Evelyn

Maybe the voting of the judges is also based on something other than talent. It can work two ways.

May 24, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  69. Debby

Overall, Katherine was consistently the better dancer. She should have won. Maria should have been in the finals as well. I'm not suprised, I saw this coming.

May 23, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • meadowsea

I agree with you. Driver was the worst dancer of the three in the finals, but I just have to say, Peta Murgatroyd is AWESOME! IMHO, she was the best pro dancer in the finals.

May 23, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  70. Diana Galarza

I watched the whole season. I felt the three remaining were the right choices but my money was on
    Driver (3rd) William Levy (2nd) and Katherine No. 1. I quess you just have to vote.

May 23, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • carolae

I rated them exactly like you did Di. Also, Maria should have been there as well. Donald did a fantastic job with his country free style dance but overall, the others were far better. It was just too close to call and it all boils down to votes, votes and votes.

May 23, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Analystgirl

I agree with your lineup 100%
      Katherine was miles apart from Driver, and Willaim Levy had been consistantly better than him the whole run!

May 23, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helen McDonald

I loved the show but was stunned by the result. He clearly was not the best dancer. There was no fairness. involved. I don't know the politics of the show. It took the pleasure out of watching. It seemed to be dishonest. We, the public, will never know the truth of how decisions are really made.

May 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  71. gigi

Absolutely he deserve to win.

May 23, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Faye

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. DONALD AND PETA ROCKED THE HOUSE! OBVIOUSLY LOTS OF PEOPLE THOUGHT THEY DESERVED TO WIN AND VOTED FOR THEM.

May 23, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |