Van Halen explains those postponed tour dates
May 21st, 2012

Van Halen explains those postponed tour dates

Although their abrupt tour date changes might've suggested as much to some, David Lee Roth says that he and the rest of Van Halen aren’t beefing, and there also isn't any internal discord threatening to break them all up.

According to Rolling Stone, the real reason why Van Halen is shuffling a bunch of their summer tour dates is because of fatigue.

Roth himself posted a video online Sunday explaining why the band crossed 30 American dates off their touring schedule following their July 26 show in New Orleans.

"As usual, we bit off way more than we could chew when it came to scheduling,” he explained of yanking shows in Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Salt Lake City and El Paso off their schedule with no explanation.

“The band is winning, but our schedule has been sidelined for unnecessary roughness," he continued. "We're gonna take a break and we're gonna come all the way back around, because this tour is gonna take about two years."

Roth also refuted a previous claim that the revised schedule was due to fighting within the band.

"The band is getting along famously, better than we have in quite some time," he insisted.

Van Halen released their newest studio album, “A Different Kind of Truth,” this past February.

1. icons designs

It is a pity, that now I can not express – I am late for a meeting. I will be released – I will necessarily express the opinion on this question.

P.S. Please review

24×24 Free Application Icons from designesticons

September 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. icons downloads

What good topic

P.S. Please revieew

Audio Toolbar Icons from tsenitelIkon

September 17, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. icon set

Can fill a blank...

P.S. Please review icons

September 17, 2012 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. icon-design

For the life of me, I do not know.

P.S. Please review our icons for Windows and windows12icons.

September 13, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TH

You want to see a real kick @$$ show from the past ... go find out where Loverboy is playing. They never disappoint.

June 19, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. David

I've got a ticket to tomorrow nights San Diego show. If you're interested, it's $170 in section U.

June 13, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. authentic retro jordans sale

I like the idea of being you. People love to hear about you, your story, what’s going on for you, especially the bad. I guess misery loves company.authentic retro jordans sale

June 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joe Cat

fatigue? really? Bruce Springsteen plays a minimum 3 hours every show. 22 shows in 5 weeks. now overseas until end of summer, THEN stadium tours in the fall. At 62, he is kicking this loser of a band's ass. Fatigue. What an excuse. And i am sure Sammy and Mike are loving it!!!!

May 28, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • thomass

wow are you really calling van halen losers when you you listen to bruce springsten...thats sad.

June 17, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay

So, can you do it? Can YOU do a 3 hour show? Can you even do a ten minute show? Every situation is different. Unless YOU'VE done it, go watch Bruce.

June 18, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jas

Thieving, sell-out, Dolly Parton bluegrass singing pukes!!!

May 27, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jas

Wow, are the guys that broke? They've hated each other for years. Dave left. Years later, we get reality shows, bluegrass albums...etc. I heard Dolly Parton singing VH songs. BROKE, SELLOUT PUKES!!! Now they can't even make the shows! We all would have like to have lived like you have, but Come On Man?! Don't just pay the bills, but give us something in return gaggers!

May 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mulberry factory outlet

It's actually a cool and useful piece of info. I'm glad that you shared this useful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

May 27, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Scoobydont

Review of the Denver show. Saw VH last night in Denver. DLR was BAD really really bad. The music was good but DLR talked thru half of the lyrics and the ones he actually sang was way off key and out of tune. What a waste of money that was. I was thinking they canceled the rest of their dates because they realized how bad Roth sounds these days. I grew up listening to VH and have seen them a few times over the years. Roth gets worse every time. Save your money. A lot of people walked out during this show

May 25, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kevin Story

Denver Review: DLR started out yelling at his stage crew in the middle of a song to "sweep my stage" – Then DLR proceeded to forget all of the lyrics he has sung for over 25 years? DLR brought the bad WAY down and yes, I did also see people leaving half way through. This show was one of the worst VH shows I have ever seen and I have seen about 20 of them through the years. Keep it up VH family – tell Dave to go back to rehab!

May 25, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tim Kongs

TOnight in Denver, THEY SUCKED! DLR was WAY off, EVH was WAY ONE but DLR was BAD!!! Their SOng selection was so bad that people were leaving! Good thing they are done, I have been with this band for over 25 years and they are just DONE!

May 25, 2012 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill Adams

Agree, the were VERY bad in Denver tonight. I wasted over $300 seeing them. SUPER BAD!!!!! DLR, GO HOME AND THINK ABOUT THE GREATNESS you created and look at how you are today. YOU SUCK!

May 25, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  15. Samantha

Who are these people? Definitely not Van Halen fans! I saw VH in Nashville and they were great! If you don't like them then stay at home. But quit complaining to the people who do like them.

May 24, 2012 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  16. ImpishLisa

David Lee sure has a lousy writer to do that release. LMAO. cliches as hammy as DLR himself.
    We're gonna wait and buy the new VH album off the markdown rack. It will be there soon.
    All you folks taking our comments against VH so personally, tell me this. Why are all the promos and announcements for the concert tour using old songs? Don't you think if it were selling great they'd be crowing about it? Other bands do promos and it uses new tunes. They don't even PLAY the new stuff in columbus ohio on the radio. THAT is how lame the album is selling.

May 23, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. rude

Wow, they now have Willem Dafoe singing in the band.

May 23, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  18. Not A VH Dreamer

All you posters on here lauding VH are in lalaland. This band is 1) only touring for the $$ and for the glory of DLRoth';s ego 2) a bunch of washed-up hacks who can't keep it going anymore and 3) probably the most dysfunctional band ever and finally 4) if you think they're going to keep touring then you need to see the doctor. And this coming from someone whose very first album was Van Halen in 1978. Too bad these guys were the best, in the 1980s, anyways....

May 22, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  19. LV

I'm lucky to have tickets to the last show not being postposed...New Orleans. I've seen their last two reunion tours (Sammy and David Lee) and they both rodked! I would be disappointed too if my show was postponed but if they feel they need a break to preform better then I would be ok with that. We all want a good show and they are older now so hopefully everyone will understand. Van Halen is worth the wait...best rock band ever!!

May 22, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Michael (not Anthony)

Don't underestimate the role Eddie's cancer is playing in this. He'd been cancer free for almost 10 years, but had some "issues" just last year. Don't think they should be fatigued? Try having your body fighting cancer and potentially dealing with chemo or radiation (those effects last a long time). Steve Jobs didn't like talking about it either. When cancer comes back, it's never good.

May 22, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  21. Ryder

Who can say David Lee Roth was seen and sounded great? I love Van Halen w/ Roth but in 2007 he was horrible I mean terrible – why dog Sammy he can still sing and can still front a band – regardless of which i like better for this year 2012 the only choice would be Sammy, then Gary and if there both died no more Van Halen. Dont get it they would be playing the same arenas (except really selling out – not claiming sold out and you can buy tickets night of in all areas including 24 th row MSG some sell out) and gone platinmum if Sammy was fronting.

May 22, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  22. Jamie

You aren't missing anything people. I saw them at the Verizon Center a few months ago. Ho Hum. David Lee takes his shoes off and in his stocking feet tries to attempt to slide , ala Tom Cruise, across this giant wooden floor the construct on the stage. He spends more times trying to do that than concentrating on the songs and at one point even forgets the lyrics! It was an okay concert but NOTHING like I had expected. I was not blown away by any stretch. The ship has sailed people.

May 22, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  23. IceCreamMan

I am sure this centers around the talented but dysfunctional Edward Van Halen. How unprofessional to realize after the fact "oh we've scheduled too many shows". At this stage and age why weren't you more involved in the planning that would prevent such a nightmare? Van Halen is done because no one can work with the insecure bi-polar personality of Eddie Van Halen. The guy is a nutcase on par with Axl Rose. Sammy and Michael probably find this hilarious!

May 22, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  24. MoodGrabber on YouTube

I really wonder if the Van Halen cancellations are due to Ed's Liquor being confiscated...again.

May 22, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  25. Boo

Who cares? They suck. Eddie VH is the most over-rated guitarist on the planet....all finess and noise...no feeling.....give me Clapton anyday over that hack.

May 22, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • LAYLA ROCKED !! hahaha...................

does Clapon even play anymore? He's dead right?

May 23, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • thomas

eddie with no feeling? my ass the guy reinvented the electric guitar clapton would say so too...you must be some old ass hippie from the 60s and apparently havent listened to enough van halen to make a judge call like that

June 17, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. NFLD thought

No problem guys, take all the time you need.....PLEASE. Now try to convince Aerosmith to do the same.

May 22, 2012 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  27. Hammy Sagar

They'll be fine if they rest up and stay away from Sammy Hagar.

May 22, 2012 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  28. Chris

I have seen a ton of concerts in my day and was soooooo excited to see VH in Charlotte. I've never seen them play live in concert, so I can't compare this concert to a concert that was led by early Dave or Sammy, but the concert that I went to a month ago was lacking stamina, stage presence and much much more. The first part part of the concert felt like it was a band singing karaoke. Once Eddie sat down and did a solo on stage, it brought life to the crowd. The rest of the concert was awesome!!!! It won't happen, but how awesome would that be if they did a tour with Dave signing the first half and Sammy singing the second half of the show. That would be amazing

May 22, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Rebel1958

I seen VH in Mobile Al. back 79 and they were barred from Mobile,they put on a Great Show back then ,Haven't seen the new show yet,hope it's as good as the last one

May 22, 2012 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  29. Ellen Claire Kowit

The guys are getting older.

May 21, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  30. David C

Been waiting for this concert since the last time I saw them with Sammy back in the 80's when I saw them with Loverboy and Ronny James Dio. This is going to Rock! A little delay will not kill me. Just don't cancel, please.

May 21, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Steve the worlds pet peve

Van Halen rocks. To put on a top notch performance everynight is grueling. Let them catch their breath and some R&R, they'll be back in no time:) I hope they come back to O.K.C Oklahoma or Wichita Ks. again.

May 21, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Steve

Sammy – if they could care less about money, why not do the concerts for free?

May 21, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Sam Johnson

I had the priviledge of seeing Van Halen ,May 5th in Tacoma,washington.this was a great show,David Lee's vocals were great and Edward proved why he is the best and Alex also showed why he is considered one of the best drummers around,the 2 hour show had the Tacoma rockin from beginning to end,I am so glad J had the oppertunity to see the band.I would gladly see them if I had the chance,Great Show!!!!!

May 21, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ChuckT

Completely understand if you need to reload. Would prefer to see you at your best rather than going through the motions and ripping off your fans. Please record footage so that we can have a real dvd to buy and just youtube clips.

May 21, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Michael

I saw them in Charlotte,NC last month for the first time and it was awesome!!!

May 21, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Kelley

THANKS FOR POSTPONNING YOURE SHOW!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES MY MONEY IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE FROM TICKETS NOW!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY YOURE TIRED OR MAYBE JUST TO OLD FOR THE GAME!!!! DISGUSTED!!!!!! THE STONES WOULDNT DO THAT TO THERE FANS!!!!!!! I HAD MY HEART SET ON SEEING YOU GUYS ALL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY YOURE FANS!!!!!!

May 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • CP

Wow. Was the ALL CAPS rant necessary? I like VH too, but cancelled shows happen all the time. Would you rather have spent the money and seen a horrible show because the band was tired?
      Try to keep in perspective all that is going on in the world around us and maybe you will realize your $35 being held "hostage" isn't realy the worst thing that could happen to you.

May 21, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eddie Van Halen

My goodness, Kelley. Sounds as if you're stuck in puberty. Spoken like a true Van Halen fan. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

May 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sammy H

Hey Kelley,#1 – NEVER get your heart set on something when in involves Van Halen# 2 – They arent ashamed of themselves,The brothers never dreamt of being famous and never wanted to be famous theyre just goofballs who like to play music,and they couldnt care about you in the slightest.#3 they arent too old or too tired for the game,they are burned out.#4 The brothers could care less about your money,these guys never have and never will live this life for the money,they do it for the music,they arent rappers,or rockstars,theyre musicians,thats why they lasted this long and can still sell out arena's.#5 Go see the Stones then and quit your sniffling like a little girl

May 21, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • DLR

Kelley, Truly sorry about holding your money hostage, but the rider clearly said no brown M&Ms. Bring your mom to the show and I'll give her a backstage pass to make it all good.

May 22, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Da Smaug

Kelley, if you're a true, die-hard Van Halen fan, your wait will be rewarded. You will get to see The Mighty Van Halen after a well deserved rest. They'll be in the shape that they were in once the tour began {or pretty damn close}, and after reviewing the 'game tapes', they will have removed the un-neeeded fluff from their shows. I'm going to the Denver show later this week, but if this gig was postponed, yes, I'd be upset, but not to the point of panic, so please don't lose it. The boy's will indeed return refreshed and rejuvinated. You've waited this long, compadre', so why bail now?

P.S. By "un-needed fluff" I don't mean Wolfgang. This kid's got game and can hold his own. The rumors about Michael Anthony possibly returning are just that...rumors. Sure would be nice though, huh?

May 22, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • R.Kelly

After your rant, I am extremely turgid!! Please let me give it to you from the backside!

May 23, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  37. ?

Aren't they too old for this?

May 21, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |