Raven-Symone: My sexuality is my business
May 21st, 2012

Raven-Symone: My sexuality is my business

Rumors are flying about Raven-Symoné's love life, but the actress/singer feels no pressure to address the gossip.

Last week, a new report surfaced claiming that the 26-year-old is gay, and while she didn't address that report specifically, Symoné wrote on Twitter Friday that she's never talked about her dating life, and she doesn’t plan to start now.

The National Enquirer's reported that Symoné is dating and living with AzMarie Livingston, a contestant on “America’s Next Top Model,” at her New York City condo.

Without commenting on the speculation directly, Symoné wrote Friday, "I'm living my PERSONAL life the way I'm happiest. I'm not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I'm dating. and I shall not start now. My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I'm dating’s to know. I'm not one for a public display of my life."

And regardless of her sexuality, she continued, it's her decision as to whether to share that information.

"However that is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay," she tweeted. "To tell or not to tell. As long as I'm not harming anyone. I am a light being made from love. And my career is the only thing I would like to put on display, not my personal life. Kisses!"

Symoné currently stars in “Sister Act” on Broadway.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. NATHAN

Hell no Raven I still want my baby's from you....lol

September 5, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Arturoi Eugenieb

This is very interesting, You're an overly professional blogger. I've joined your feed and stay up for in quest of extra of your magnificent post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

August 2, 2012 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  3. mohmy

Is this the same Raven from the Cosby Show?

May 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  4. The Hook

At least this speculation has done its job; when was the last time CNN reported on Raven?

May 22, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mabel

Good for her. It is no one's business.

May 22, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Clete

It is your business, more so, since I have never heard of you.

May 22, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tanya Y.

@sailor12,She has been financially set since she's been a child,her parents invested the money wisely.Deal with that.

May 22, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sue

Finally someone that stands up for themselves and tells everyone it is none of their business. I so agree!!!! And does it really matter. You GO GIRL!!!!! Singers/actresses need to step up to the plate and let the media know that what they do in their personal iife is their business!!!

May 22, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Charlie

That's so Raven. Just typical Raven.

May 22, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  10. emma

Nobody's business.

May 22, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Out of the closet

First we elect a bi prez who repeals don't-ask-don't-tell and courageously comes out in support of marriage, then the NAACP announces same gender marriage is a HUMAN right, and now Raven Symone announces. The African American community is on the cutting edge of societal evolution. You go, girl!

May 22, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. Sue

STOP THE PRESSES! Wait, what are we talking about? Bill Cosby is gay? That is old news.

May 22, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  12. Will

When I saw the headline I expected Fat Albert or Mushmouth came out.

May 22, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
    • E

Will: that made me laugh so hard a co-worker gave me a dirty look. Well done sir!

May 22, 2012 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Sillicus

Oh you just gave me a good giggle to start my day! :)

May 22, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • EDJ

Will, you just caused me to guffaw and snort coffee out my nose, at work. Now my cover as the quiet, mild-mannered tech writer is totally blown.

May 22, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. The One Who Knows

Honestly, doess anyone really care? Hasn't it become old news if someone says they're gay?

May 22, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. Monte L.

She doesn't need Disney money,Raven was financially set for life by the time she was ten years old.

May 22, 2012 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
    • sailor12

Sorry Monte but child actors don't make that much money. She was on a sitcom or two, she is not a movie star. Everyone who has read this artical now knows she is GAY.

May 22, 2012 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  15. Liquidcobra

Oh she's gay. Anyone with common sense would simply just deny it and move on. She had to make a long winded statement for nothing. I don't blame her though...she wants to keep that Disney money coming in and no one in their right mind would say they're gay and risk putting their business in jeopardy. I don't think she's ashamed to be gay she's just not stupid enough to come out the closet in Hollywood.

May 22, 2012 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  16. Lou Cypher

If she were hetero, there is NO WAY she would have made a statement like that. Hence, she's h0m0.

May 22, 2012 at 3:58 am | Report abuse |
  17. pat

our desire to know something and our "right to know" are not the same things............ in fact, it should be illegal for the news to play the audio tracks of people's 911 distress calls......... even these should not be in the public domain even though many of us get a cheap thrill from listening to them...... in short, we need to know that what we want and what we have the right to are 2 different things......

May 22, 2012 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lucy

Why doesn't Raven just be proud of being gay if she is? She doesn't need to discuss the details of her love life but just accept it. When you are a celebrity, you can' t just want fame and money...this is part of what fame costs.

May 22, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Halo

If she is gay, how do you know that she is not proud of it? Because she won't come out? It's nobody's business.

May 22, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Melanie

I think you're wrong. There are plenty of celebrities that you never hear anything personal about them.

May 22, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  19. Rick

"I'm not one for a public display of my life."

Then get the heck off of Twitter.

May 22, 2012 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  20. kate65

She's quite right, it is no one's business but her own. End of story.

May 21, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  21. annie

C'mon CNN... get us the real dirt we all care about!
    – Boxers or briefs?
    – Sweet tea or unsweetened?
    – Beef: rare, medium-rare, medium, medium-well, or well done?
    – Does she water her toothbrush before tooth-paste, after, or both?
    C'mon CNN... don't hold back... give us all of the important information. (yawn.... who cares... get a life)

May 21, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matty C.

you do realize you're in the Entertainment section, yes? If you want something serious and heavy, check out another category, or better yet, go to NPR, or BBC, or literally any other news site on the entire internet. We all know and understand that CNN doesn't do HEAVY stuff, even when they try. So, if you're going to complain and be snarky, stop. Just go somewhere else. You're not wanted. And quite frankly, I'm tired of reading crap comments from people like you. I come here to the Entertainment section because I DON'T want to read about a poor girl in GA losing limbs because of a flesh eating bug. I DON'T want to read the vitriol being spewed in the Politics sections. After a long, stressful day, I'd like to veg out to some mindless drivel. So get over yourself and get the hell out of here.

May 22, 2012 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  22. Johnny Lurg

lol somebody linked to this article on Raven-Symone's Wikipedia page and got banned from Wikipedia.

May 21, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  23. matt

like it matters. she is about the most FUGLY person on earth. she looks like a man. if IT is gay, it won't matter, she'll still be an ugly, untalented has-been

May 21, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • BuziBee

She is on the road to become a successful BILLIONAIRE. She has been a c=successful actress since she could talk. I heard that she is the Executive Producer of several Disney shows and projects. I wasn't a regular viewer of "That's So Raven", but every young person I knew when it was on the air was. Billionaire. How are you doing in comparison? Are you even a millionaire? And she's gorgeous! ~ !

May 21, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gunny

So that's your way of saying you're gay, Matt?

May 21, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms T

jealous much!!! if not you sure sound like it because her looks have nothing to do with her being gay or not so please try again .

July 30, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Wayne Weathers

This is not a story and it is not any of my business whether or not Raven is straight or gay. This is a personal issue that should not involve any of us!!!!!!!!

May 21, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sandra

@Dirty Your name reflects your mind. She isn't ashamed of anything. She, like millions of others, wants her public life public, and her private life private.

May 21, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dirty

Well wouldn't it be a good thing for the gay community and public perception, for her to be proud of the fact that she is gay? No let's stay in the closet lol

May 21, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • except that

unlike millions of others, SHE CHOSE to be an actress and put her life on display

May 22, 2012 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  26. cosmokramer

That's so Raven...

May 21, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ...a laurel and hardy handshake.....

And now her life will include the papparazi hounding her as they have hounded Keanu Reeves.

May 21, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  28. markiejoe

Very sad that she freely chooses to live her life in the closet.

Thank god her ilk is disappearing.

May 21, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

How is it any of your business whether she's in the closet or not? How does that affect you?

May 21, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dirty

It doesn't affect him, but if being gay isn't a bad thing, then why is she ashamed to admit it?

May 21, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Carlos Torrealba

Raven can do whatever the heck she wants to do! She earned it through her hard work and dedication as a beautiful actress/singer/producer/fashion designer/ IDEAL AMERICAN CITIZEN!

May 21, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dirty

Yeah but she needs a nose job, and she looks like the joker wearing that red lipstick!

May 21, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carlos Torrealba

EXCUSE ME!!!!! Raven needs nothing done!! She is beautiful as she is now!! She isn't going to be some plastic Barbie doll!! She looks AMAZING with that red lipstick! I bet you look like the joker so stop judging others especially RAVEN!

May 21, 2012 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • constantine

Is she going to be the male or female part of the duo? She looks great. Males have got to learn wnen they get a virgin to take their time and arouse the women. not like a kid, "Wham Bang, Thank you Mam:..I am a senior now and wish that I followed these rules. learn to arouse each other......Bill the Greek

May 21, 2012 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • paid

nice, is that you raven?

May 22, 2012 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  30. koolaid

Wrong person koolaid dude

May 21, 2012 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Pam

Good for her. It's no one's business who people love and it's no one's business who is straight or gay. Why do people care what other people do in their bedrooms? Jealousy, ignorance, stupidity? Some of the comments here make me wonder why people are more attracted to hatred than they are to live and let live. Mind your own business, unless your business is so disgusting that you just can't mind it! Grow up and be nice. Really.

May 21, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • dawng8500

Well said, Pam!

May 21, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BJS

I don't understand – is it a DIRTY secret? Does she think it is? I don't care if she is or not but why create all the speculation? Oh yea – press.

May 21, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Nancy

So what if she is gay? Really.......being gay is not a crime.......and look at all the gay people who entertain us every day and no one cares.....for example Elton John? Ellen? Get real Raven. No one cares so why not be honest? You lose my respect by trying to deny it.

May 21, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dirty

It's because she is ashamed to be gay!!! Also let's get something "straight", Ellen is not entertaining!

May 21, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  33. craig

Some of yall need to get a life! Your "blog" comments are pointless. Live your life n stop worrying about other peoples lives! If u wanna be a comedian, go join a comedy club. Stop sitting behind your computers and laptop.

May 21, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  34. renay

Why does white people always gotta turn everything into a race issue youre no better than the black man in jail or the poor people in need of help with that being said Raven has the right to date whom ever she choose thats her business

May 21, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Carlos Torrealba

I am not Raven! I only wish I was! Just look at her amazing acting career and you will see how amazing she is! Raven is amazing, funny, beautiful, charming, outgoing, and loving, all things you all of you lack!! Stop beinginng so jealous of her!

May 21, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. SnakeRiver

Lol ! Some funny sh !t

May 21, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Name*smilez78

Thats her business if she wanna be gay or not

May 21, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  38. boo

to mhe raven is old enough to do what she wnts to do, and like she says what happens in her personal life, stays between her and no one else, so there for. i jst wnt to say that raven you been my idol sence day one, and still is in a way... but all i got to say just keep doin you cauzz at the end of the day it really dont matter what other people thinks about you...

May 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Bubba Monakino

that light being likes to dive into the muff pie. the show the whole cast was a joke. i've never met one black family like that. there's usually four missing fathers, crack, parole and a couple of pit bulls.

May 21, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  40. It's me

Is it possible that she could become another Chaz Bono?

May 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mama Magee

idiot. gay does not equal transgender.

May 21, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's me

Well Chaz started off as lesbian, so who's the idiot... when raven cuts off her boobs and starts wearing a wife beater, I'll have the last laugh!

May 21, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ?

You id iots favorite thing to comment on- g@ys.

May 21, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Maria Marie

So, she has a roommate, big deal, Hollywood won't be happy until everyone is gay. I'm not gay, and I really could care less about who's gay and who'd not. I also could care less about who Hollywood thinks is or not fat. They already think everyone is fat, they're all pro-ana.

May 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Haha!

Carlos torrealba....... You must be Raven. Cause who the f*** else would come out with "ravens the best actress in the world??"

May 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Haha!

Anybody else not care and just wish they had her money??

May 21, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Manchester United

II agree. I would love to have the money she pays in taxes every year.

May 21, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  45. MomofTeens

Raven is a class act and always has been. Cosby did a good job with this one.

May 21, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mangasm

So Canopy, essentially what you're saying is, you'd date a dude if he lets you dominate when you want, can keep it hard for a long time, and blasts his "goo" elsewhere? Alright then...wanna grab a drink?

May 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Khara

The most important thing I got from this article: Sister Act is on Broadway?!

May 21, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Tyshown McCants

yo diss be ya n!gga yung T. I keeps it real cuuuzzz. I keeps it real by slanging that hard dope and droppin outta schoo in da tenf grade.

May 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Wolf Slappaho

My Chief Big Hard Slap from the Slappaho Tribe says we must slap more B!tches

May 21, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Pedro rodriguez

VIve border bunnies! I work for 10 dollars a day. Hey you want to f–k my sizzzter?

May 21, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  51. mangasm

The reason i'm a dick is because overall thats what broads prefer. Treat em like a dick and they keep coming back. Treat em like mr. ef-ing-nice-guy and they walk all over a guy.

May 21, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • UgotThat Right

I only wish what you were sayig was not true mangasm but form what I have seen you are mostly correct. Girls like the bad boys... Women like men.

May 21, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mike Rotch

BLacks=eneducated and try to hide it by calling it ebonics. "yo diss ni**a hurrr beez trippin hard yo cuuuzz. I gots ta get diss welfare down on fouth skreet"

May 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Dark master

I don't care, I still love her.

May 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Michael Caliazzo

she is a Big girl and should make up her own mind.

May 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Canopy

Her response started with...

"I AM A LIGHT BEING MADE OF LOVE"....enough said!

May 21, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Heywood Jablome

THis B!tch thinks her life isnt anyones biz. Sorry you dumb B!tch.. Thats what happens when u choose this line of work

May 21, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Marilyn

If she is, she is and if she isn't, she isn't. Just leave it at that and move on.

May 21, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Howie Felterbush

Legalize inbreeding! I wanna marry my sister. Mississippi rules

May 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Really?

its so sad that whenever a post contains a person of color of ANY race the comment board turns into a racist back and forth with stereotypes and insults. This article has nothing to do with race – grow up people.

May 21, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Canopy

It is a prerequisite for the ignorant. I use big words to throw them off.

May 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Hugh G. Reckshon

Catholics can eat a fat d.i.c.k.

May 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  61. dsngwmn

To "the jayster" I couldn't have said it better myself! I cannot stand it when people say "I could care less." What really irks me is that people say it on TV and in movies all the time! If you are being paid to write then you should be able to use proper english. It's like using a double negative. I think we are kindred spirits!

As for Raven, who really cares? I think it takes great maturity for her not to immediately try to save face and deny the accusations. From some of the comments her it looks like some of you could use a little of that maturity. It's her business, just let her live her life and leave her alone. Who would you feel to have everything you did out under a microsoft for every idiot with access to a phone or computer to comment on?

May 21, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carlos

I agree that Raven really responded in the best possible way! That just goes to show how amazing she is! I am really proud of her!

May 21, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Canopy

High Five! ....websites need "High Five" icons not "Like" buttons

May 21, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Catherine DePersis

Leave the young woman *alone*! Her private life is just that–PRIVATE!

May 21, 2012 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mallory

She can make her own decisions, no one has te right to judge her.

May 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mallory

She can make her own decisions. No one has the right to judge her.

May 21, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  65. I'm really Bil Cosby

She likes eatting that jello pudding!

May 21, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  66. mangasm

i can't help wondering, if these lez broads don't like the Dick, why do they still take the strap-on from another broad?

May 21, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not Gay butt I ...

...I don't think it's so much the penis as much as the macho bs that comes along with it.

May 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Maybe they like the Dick, just not what it's attached to.

May 21, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not Gay butt I ...

@Dave jinx!lol

May 21, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Because that dick isn't attached to a dick like you. And who uses the word "broad" in 2012? Ugh.... ignorance really must be bliss because so many people are way too comfortable in it.

May 21, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hmph

Good question!

May 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Canopy

Mangasm...as a lesbian that dates feminine and masculine women I can answer that for you. Its about being in control in certain situations and not wanting to be in control in others. Typically with men, they want to be dominant and in control. The difference between a strap-on and a penis is that one stays harder much longer than the other and one releases this goo.

May 21, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • mikka

Dick? Have you got God in your trousers?

May 21, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Name* Big Coop

Hey Mr.know it I bet you mom r lady wouldn't mind seeing this big black Dick..

May 21, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  68. jay

people on this comment post need to get a job and GET A LIFE

May 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  69. mangasm

If i was a broad, i'd be a lez too.

May 21, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  70. That's a nicea

Gay or not, I'd still like to spit in her face while making her sweat

May 21, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Katie Did

We white women love dead beat jail birds.

May 21, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Hoople

I'll fix her.

May 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  73. West

Hey, if you are a celebrity then your public life is on camera. Is it fair, no but that's the way it is. The price if fame.

May 21, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ West

The fact is her "public" life is about appearances, awards shows, TV, etc. It has NOTHING to do with what she ate for dinner, who she is sleeping with, and what toothpaste she uses.

A lot of people like you forget that, while they are celebrities, they are also human beings. Being a "celebrity" doesn't give us the right to look up their personal information and lifestyles unless they are willing to disclose that information to us. That's like saying that just because Bill Gates is famous we should be making his Social Security Number public. Do you get the point, or are you still trying to justify poor tabloid behavior?

May 21, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  74. holdem

Privacy my butt. She's ashamed of being a carpet muncher.

May 21, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Bigots like you are the reason so many gays feel the need to keep it a secret.

May 21, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ketchup

And your afraid to tell people you ride the long end of a broom.

May 21, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • saftgek

"Ketchup" is another example of the absence of uniform evolution.

Keep those knuckles dragging on the ground, K!

May 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Era

She's probably just assuming that it'll be easier to live her life without neanderthals like you being given ammunition to use against her. I honestly though you guys were extinct. Unfortunate to find otherwise.

May 21, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Kari

Not our business her personal life.

May 21, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Mr. Know it

Do you blame her for being gay? most black guys are deadbeats!

May 21, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Number1

Thats a very harsh statement against a whole race of people..further more, why does she have to date a black man? there is a whole lot of other races, creeds, and colors, to choose from.. I dont know your nationality but maybe you should try looking at people for who they are and not the color of their skin...and how do you know ALL black men are dead beat? Do you know ALL the black men in this world?

May 21, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Know it

First off, I didn't say all black men are deadbeats, I said most... And I think your right! I shouldn't say those things. She could always date Bobby Brown, I hear he's real decent, just ask Whitney... Oops

May 21, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Intruth23

Yeah and MOST WHITE MEN love little children...OPPs did I say that....

May 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Know it

I'm not white, but thanks! Also you probably shouldn't post your Fantasy on here! This is CNN, have some class lol

May 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  77. nick@nite

What shenanigans!!!!

That SO Raven!!!

May 21, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  78. rats butt

I cld give a me what she does. Being in the public eye has its downfalls. Seeing her with that shade of lipstick on is a crime to the publics eyes!lmao

May 21, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  79. ImpishLisa

I can care less who she is banging. At least she isn't trying to be in a Mr. America contest.

May 21, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • The jayster

COULDN'T care less. Or "can't care less. As in could NOT or can NOT.
      If you "can care less" that means you care some, but can care less if you tried. Points though for using the little heard "can care less" instead of the more common "could care less".

May 21, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  80. heather

She doesn't have to tell anything.and to the person saying bill cosby would be rolling in his grave hard to do when dr cosby is still very much alive idiot

May 21, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  81. awesome

black people = drama

May 21, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  82. DJ Reality

So what if she is gay. that is her business. Why Can'T You Leave Simone Alone.... HAHAHAHAHA funny

May 21, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  83. jd wolff

Raven is 100% straight we got busy(knocked boots) a couple of weeks ago.

May 21, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  84. butterball

bill cosby is rolling over in his grave!

May 21, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Howard

Bill Cosby is alive. If he's rolling over in a grave, its isn't his grave.

May 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJ Reality

Bill is not dead yet.....

May 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cher

Bill Cosby isn't dead!!

May 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJ Reality

He's still alive and well .. Thank you very much.....

May 21, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • ChiefGunner

You would be too if you were put in your grave while you were still alive.

May 21, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • ChiefGunner

In light of this new development (not dead) I'm glad you didn't cremate him.

May 21, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenny L

I'm laughing so hard right now at these comments!! I like the one that said "You would be too if you were put in your grave while still alive". LOL. If she wants to be gay or straight, I hope she lives a happy life. Good luck to you Raven-Simone.

May 21, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  85. malsings07

She doesn't have to say she's Gay, she probably is and SO WHAT!

May 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Mammy

Is that Helena Bonham Carter in Planet of the Apes?

May 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Destiny

From a public relations standpoint, Raven would be much better off just coming out, if she is gay. By making comments like these about her private dating life, she's essentially pouring gasoline on the fire, and eventually, some unscrupulous jerk is going to out her on unfavorable terms. If she just owns up to it, she'll become yesterday's news in a hurry, and she'll actually net more privacy in the long term.

May 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • 80's girl

No she doesn't have to come out. When are people are going to stop dipping into peoples personal business. Her life is no concern of yours or mine, so stay out of it!!!

May 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Tony J

I cannot believe that we are wasting news space with this crap. Raven Simone has ALWAYS been a self-centered child begging for attention. She has never been funny nor entertaining. She was the death of the Cosby show (c'mon, everyone knows when a child comes in the show has one more season tops). She is a waste of time and space. And with that behind of hers....alot more space.

May 21, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Carlos

Raven is 100000000000x better than all you freaks! Leave her alone and let her live her life! She isn't Miley Cyrus!

May 21, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  90. JF

No different than any other whiny celebrity. They don't want other people in their business. Well maybe they should have thought about that bfore they chose their current profession. It may not be right, but that's the way celebrity stardom has always been. Did they think it would somehow be different for them alone?

May 21, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Tree

Raven, i love and support you. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you. Love, jesus

May 21, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Lewis

I only know her from the Cosby show as a cute little girl. If she is gay, then so what. Just Jack on Will and Grace did the same thing. He refused to say and he is so gay. I don't get it. Nobody cares if you are a mo or not.

May 21, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Bill Cosby

Well well, little Raven's all growed up & snaackin' on crack! Mmm mmm good!

May 21, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Mitch

She should worry far more about her complete lack of talent.

May 21, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • MSB

Hey Mitch, her "complete lack of talent" has paid her very well over the years. How much has your talent earned you?

May 21, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  95. bill

WHO CARES?!?!

May 21, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  96. MikeB59

That's so Raven.

May 21, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  97. Zombie420

Its funny how people defend celebs that they don't even personally know! With that said cares what she's sleeping with! There's more important things going on then what chub rock here is banging!!!

May 21, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • cnnlicksit

Zombie420: Its not funny, its sad. The same thing happens if you see a movie that others liked but that you hated. If you start ragging on it they invariably get mad at you. Why? Who cares about these celebrities that wouldnt cross the street to spit on you.

May 21, 2012 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  98. Angela rivera

First of all i dont agree with gay bussiness at all but that does not anyone the right 2 invade in anybody privacy.beside whether your gay lesbian or even straight what goes on inside 4 walls should stay inside.just like the rest of us they have 2 answer 2 god not me its already sodom and gomorrah its a lost world anyway

May 21, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  99. tb63

@ Joe from CT, not Lieberman

Don't forget Flipper! (the agua-Lassie)

May 21, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  100. Richard Fore

Moooo, moooo, mooooo. Fat cow

May 21, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  101. vittoriokiss

I am so proud of you and love your answer

May 21, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  102. Jackson

It's her business and only her business. Leave her alone.

The decision on when and if to out herself is HERS to make, not the media's!!!!

May 21, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  103. Jeremy

cnn hates free speech. NOBAMA 2012. no romney either... come to think of it Ron Paul is the only candidate who isn't some puppet on a string.

May 21, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  104. Esteb

Just leave her the hell alone already. Nobody's business but hers.

May 21, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  105. warren

Gay or not. She rich and sucessful. Cased closed.

May 21, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  106. Mark

I'm just jealous

May 21, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  107. badazzmama

Only God can judge you, so whoever you choose to be with male or female is between you, them, and Him! So be happy my dear!

May 21, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  108. Merg Terglement

Words bergle Raven flurgle troll dergle!!

May 21, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  109. GaPeach

I never knew she had a show "That's so Raven". However, when you make news by denying something you are just playing into it!

May 21, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Johnnyboy

GaPeach
      You must not have kids or have seen the Disney Channel.

May 21, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • 1231

@GaPeach. Yea, that's so Raven and Cheetah Girls has earned her over $400 million. She's mega rich. I don't watch it, but I know of it. You must have been hiding under a rock?

May 21, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Mom-E

What a sad and ignornat world I live in! May the comment really convict those who are the MOST ignorant! You pain me..

May 21, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  111. Al Truistic

thats nothing.......wait til Obama comes out before the elections.......

May 21, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  112. Debbie

Good for you Raven!!! Only the ones who have no talent and are struggling to get work put their personal life on display so they can get some face time in the media.

May 21, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  113. Adam

So this makes CNN headline news? Someone might be gay? That's like saying that someone is black. It's unnecessary and an out dated topic.

May 21, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
    • JPX

It's hardly an "outdated" topic when republicans are trying to crush gay rights on a daily basis. It must be nice to enjoy rights and freedoms that are denied to others.

May 21, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Say it ain't so

@JPX:
      Look no one's denying their right to be with whoever they choose to be with. They can live with each other, they could hold hands in public they even have a parade named after them for crying out loud. Just because marriage is between a man & a woman that means they have no rights? That's stupid.

May 21, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • sassysticks53

@Adam – This is not CNN headline news – it's the Marquee Blog in the CNN ENTERTAINMENT section! Funny, how you took the time to comment on this "headline news" story! LOL!

May 21, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Derigible

If you dont like the story, dont read it.......moron.

May 21, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  114. stu

i knew something was up w/ Rudy & her.
    THAT'S SOOOO RAVEN!!!

May 21, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  115. Mmmm Tuna Tacos

Honey, that's part of the price you pay for being in the public eye. Way to sidestep the question like a politician. You were cute when you were little on the Cosby show, but when you grew up, not so much. On "That's So Raven", most of your comedy was recycled ideas stolen from "I Love Lucy" ... just sayin' what's true.

May 21, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • i HATE trolls

Leave it to a troll to cast the first stone. jealousy's not attractive....."just sayin what's true"

May 21, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • stu

I LUV LUCY was a lame show.

May 21, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe from CT, not Lieberman

Yes, and the Flintstones rehashed old Honeymooner episodes, and Full House was "Father Knows Best" with three dads. Don't blame the entertainer for the lack of originality on the part of the writers. I always felt that Raven was a good actor who used her over-the-top personality to carry a lot of otherwise poor performances. The only disappointing thing I ever saw her in was Princess Diary II, as one of Mia's friends when she wasn't in the first movie at all.

May 21, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Carlos Torrealba

Excuse me! Raven-Symone is one of the greatest, funniest, most amazing actress to grace us with her presence on this godforsaken planet! I personally have seen EVERY single episode and I can say without a question of doubt in my mind that she stole nothing from the show I Love Lucy. Episode 15 of season 4, "Soup to Nuts," has a a scene similar to I Love Lucy's episode 1, 'Job Switching,' of season 2. That similarity was purposely made in honor of I Love Lucy and if Lucille Ball were still alive she would most definitely agree!I cannot believe that you have the audacity to come and spread lies about that sweet girl! You know nothing about Raven or her shows or her life, So why don’t you get out of here and live in the real world! You don't even have the right to utter Raven's beautiful name! Shame on you!

May 21, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Jill

I hate teletubbies as well. WEAK!!!!

May 22, 2012 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |