Russell Brand still has love for Katy Perry
May 18th, 2012

Russell Brand still has love for Katy Perry

The marriage didn't work out - and following her on Twitter didn't either, apparently - but Russell Brand says he nonetheless still loves his ex, Katy Perry.

During an appearance on “Ellen” Thursday, the British comedian/actor said he doesn't regret the year and some change during which he was wed to the 27-year-old pop star, and he emphasized that he doesn't have any ill will toward her.

“I still love her as a human being,” Brand, 36, told host Ellen DeGeneres.

“But, sometimes when you’re in a relationship, I suppose it doesn’t work out, does it?" he continued. "But that doesn’t mean I regret it or anything. I was very happy to be married with her. She’s such a beautiful human being and I just have only love and positivity for her."

Still, Brand says he’s looking forward, not back - despite rumors he sent Perry an emotional email recently in the hopes they would re-kindle their romance.

“You can’t absolutely make everything the way you want it to be in life,” the "Rock of Ages" actor said on the show. “Sometimes things are just different and then you try to just move with that and try and remain in contact with what is beautiful about yourself and each other with any situation. That is still a person I still consider to be beautiful, and I have nothing but positivity for her.”

For her part, it seems Perry may have already moved on: It's been rumored that the singer is now romantically linked to Florence and the Machine guitarist Robert Ackroyd.

1. Joe

Still has love for f ucking her t*ts maybe..

May 20, 2012 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. ŒΞ

@tommyboy – that was my point. KG is about as funny as a pimple on your butt.

May 19, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Leon David Peris MD.

rusell Brand is the thinking mans choice for Senator.

May 19, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. RebelYell

Katy Perry needs some psycho therapy. Why any woman would associate with this guy, takes a demented personality on her part. Just watch, she'll hookup with more losers soon...Charlie Sheen, Chris Brown, Seal. Like a moth seeks the flame. -RY

May 19, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  5. ŒΞ

he went to the same comedy school as kathy griffin.

May 18, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • TommyBoy

I have never laughed at any thing Kathy Griffin has said. Her schtick is to tell a 10mins story, about her life, and theres no joke or funny punchline. Do people in Chicago truly find her funny?

May 19, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kathy

I have never laughed at anything said or done by Russell Brand. Since I see he has no comedic ability, I assumed his character was targeted towards the younger generation. But an informal survey finds no youth who think he's funny. So I ask those British folks I encounter, "Please explain what you find funny about him? Is it a British thing?" Apparently he's not found funny by many there, either.

Beyond merely not being funny, he's repugnant and creepy in a molestor hanging around schoolgrounds way. I sort of don't like Katy Perry because she's hopelessly polluted by having been with this vile lifeform. She is sullied and befouled. She should've had more dignity than to have associated with him in the first place. Then to have intercourse with him? *Retch*

May 18, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • PAUL

BEG TO DIFFER,HE IS HILARIOUS,BETTER THEN ANY OF THE AMERICAN COMEDIANS WE HAVE,HE SAYS IT HOW IT IS WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT UPSETTING BIGOTS,BIBLE THUMPERS,AND OUR CROOKED GOVERNMENT. WHO CARES HOW HE DRESSES,I BET HE IS A BETTER PERSON THEN YOU WILL EVER BE AND WILL ALWAYS HAVE MORE MONEY THEN YOU. SO GO BACK READING YOUR BIBLE AND WHATEVER OTHER FAKE STORIES YOU READ

May 21, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ŒΞ

Russell Brand is also still a twit.

May 18, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Leigh

He did her a favor by letting her go. He's one strange dude.

May 18, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |