'Blade Runner' writer in talks to write sequel
May 18th, 2012

'Blade Runner' writer in talks to write sequel

Well, this is promising: it seems original "Blade Runner" scribe Hampton Fancher is in negotiations to write a concept for a sequel to Ridley Scott's 1982 sci-fi classic.

Last spring, Alcon Entertainment announced that the studio was hoping to develop prequels and sequels to the first film, and according to the Hollywood Reporter they're getting closer to establishing a follow-up to the first movie.

Although neither Alcon Entertainment nor director Scott elected to provide plot details for the sequel, they did say that it'll take place "some years after" the conclusion of the first film.

Based on Philip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?," the first "Blade Runner," starring Harrison Ford, didn't perform well upon release but now stands as one of the best sci-fi movies of all time.

As a result, Alcon said previously that they know the importance of their proposed project.

"We recognize the responsibility we have to do justice to the memory of the original with any prequel or sequel we produce," the studio told THR last year. "We have long-term goals for the franchise, and are exploring multi-platform concepts, not just limiting ourselves to one medium."

Last August, Scott signed on to direct. The filmmaker's newest offering, "Prometheus," arrives June 8.

Filed under: movies

1. Charlie Time

When's the remake of Jack and Jill?

May 22, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. mbane

This is a terrible idea. Hollywood has lost all creativity. My question is, who's going to make it? According to the numbers, no one works in Hollywood anymore. Piracy has made them loose more jobs in a month than the whole inductry ever employed so I'm a bit confused.

May 22, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Spidey-Man

I could see a sequel. New Blade Runner story. NOT another with Harrison Ford or his character.
    But please no prequel! It's always the kiss of death.

May 22, 2012 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. cpc65

"We have long-term goals for the franchise, and are exploring multi-platform concepts" ~ I think they meant to say "exploiting", not exploring.

May 22, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. cpc65

No, it is NOT promising. These "sequels" almost never turn out good., especially after such a long gap.

May 22, 2012 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  6. miguel

Risky, of course – Blade Runner is a special, special film with a unique tone that I can't imagine even Scott recreating 30 years later – but if they'd like a go, I say you have this fan's cautious blessing. There are no sacred cows in art. Be bold; take risks. Bring it!

May 21, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TheLoon

So...about the Blade Runner sequel...

May 21, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Dupper

Scott spent too much time describing the trash can of the future. No need to see the other side, just let the can sit empty.

May 21, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  9. SixDegrees

Don't do it. The existing film is excellent, and its ambiguity is one of its most compelling aspects. There are a lot of question raised that I don't want answered – their lack of resolution is what makes the film so haunting.

Just leave it alone.

May 21, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kent Bowen

Don't worry, your questions won't be answered and there will be no resolution. It's all about money, follow the money...

May 21, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Roy Batty Fan

O.K.. but the sequel has to explain what "Fiery the angels fell..." really means! ;) Besides, "Total Recall 2070" was the (unofficial) sequel to "Blade Runnner." Discover that great Canadian TV series if you haven't already seen it.

May 21, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. wisdomVS

With modern film making I'll be willing to bet a sequel would be awesome eye candy. However, the pace of the story will need to move a little faster than the original and with more action, if it's going to be a hit in today's market.

May 21, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brandon

Yeah, the original also needed faster pacing and more action to be a hit, which is why it wasn't. But it was awesome. So I'd be psyched if they made another great movie even if it wasn't a hit.

May 21, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean@wisdomVS

Sooo ture. But even if it is not action packed, I'm still gonna watch it.

May 22, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  12. Charles

I I want my Matrix prequel/sequel!!!!!!!

May 21, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • wisdomVS

H*ll Yeah! Since the Matrix started with Neo being freeed from the Matrix I don't think there is anything worthy of a prequel. A sequel with Neo's return to fight an all new virus program with the ability to end the machines rule once and for all would be good.... especially if the virus messed things up enough for a lot of people (with valuable skills) to be freed from the Matrix. I get goose bumps just thinking about all the possibilities!

May 21, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kerry

You all are acting like a bunch of 10 year olds...morons

May 21, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • David MM

? So? Why take it personally? Not everyone can be as mature, stoic, calm as you.

May 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. RocketJL

The first movie and probably this one makes me think of what the United Nations has in store for us under UN Agenda 21. They intend to only allow 500M people to live on the planet and those people will live in highrise population concentration centers. Google UN Agenda 21 and read for yourself. You can guess what they have in store for 9 out of 10 of us. Have a nice day.

May 21, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fred Evil

You don't actually BELIEVE that garbage, do you?
      Barnum and Bailey were right....

May 22, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  15. @neytron

neytron is dead

May 21, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  16. palintwit

If I was Sarah Palin I'd stand on my head and pack my nostrils full of fresh bird droppings.

May 21, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  17. @alecia

Hit a nerve fat s h !t? Oh it a joke alright. U may go under different names sweetheart (a fat one at it) alecia! u should see whats on the website has about the marquee alecia two seater. look for it you may find it.. -lmcfao

May 20, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

@edwina- you are pointing that finger in the wrong direction again. You aren't very original anymore. You are becoming a bore, *yawn*.

May 20, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. @1:33 may 20th

I saw a pic of you in a raincoat ..Roflmfao ! Omg i can't laugh anymore it hurts !

May 20, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

@ 8:49. Did you really! Man, you are really quite talented. Do you have super internet spy eyes, too? I'm disappointed if that's the best you got! Pretty weak stuff there, eddie boy. Running out of stuff to say seeing you were on here all weekend. Who has no life again? Lmao....

May 20, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. @12:28

Starrfire, all that anger. u turn me on. u should bottle ur shrimp smell.lmao. want to wrap ur mouth around my thick big meat.lmao. Good day 2 u ms shrimp.ok. now im gone. got to go speed on down the hwy and avoid the big bad cops. lmfao

May 20, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie Crack = Mr Ed

I'm not starrfire, you moron. Even if I was, I would avoid you like the plague! Why would any self respecting woman want any part of you in the first place? If you were the last man on earth, i'd rather turn g ay than be with anyone as disgusting as you. Now, we will all be waiting for one of your witty remarks. We know you can't let it go.

May 20, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • good

Go pleeze bub bye.

May 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Charlie Crack

I would love to sit here and fight with all you m'fuken losers but I have a life to live. I have a c – 0ck fight to go to. I hope I dont get arrested today bc I woke up in a very happy and weird mood and you fxxkers are not going to take me to your evil place. here is a thought. Go and do us all a favor and killl ur fxxken selves.

May 20, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charlie Crack = Mr Ed

Yeah, whatever eddie boy. You take yourself to your evil place all by yourself. You have nobody to blame but you. The rest of all the bloggers are unfortunate enough just to have to read your vile rants. You are the problem, nobody else. What a sad life you must live!

May 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Raid

Not even i can kill charlie crack that m'fuker.

May 20, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  22. Charlie Crack = Mr Ed

You are so lame and totally predictable. Mr Ed, why do you have such a crush for Charlie Crack? Do you miss him so much you have the need to be him? SAD! Lmao.

May 20, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  23. @neytron

die

May 20, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  24. @11:14

Cease and desist when u and ur friends want to, right?

May 20, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  25. Charlie Crack

I'm going to tell on y'all . I'm email david now !

May 19, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  26. @CNN

so how come ur not deleting the comments then if you are CNN ? Come on Charlie. really?

May 19, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Charlie Crack

Be afraid of me i am marquee thug. i troll ppl bc im such a soar loser. i want to cry. where is david williams when u need him?

May 19, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Neytron

Mr.Ed,Observer charlie crack or whatever,I get pu55y anytime I want it,some of you mfs here are so obsessed at talking about s ucking dick and doing it in some dudes the b utthole.

May 19, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • @whoever

u r on here so much, when do you have time for puzzy?

May 19, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Neytron

If i'm on here so much and you know this then you're on here so much also.I've got time to get pu55y whenever the ladies love my big stick.

May 19, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • CNN Moderator

This has gone on long enough. Cease and desist at once. This blog is for everyone, not just the few who want to make trouble. We already know your IP address. You have been warned.

May 19, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Charlie Crack

Am sorry ppl. my fxxked up a55hole self and loser friends keep telling ppl that we want peace on these blogs but yet we continue to be a bunch of fxxking a55holes. im sorry for being such a fxxked up a55hole that can't seem to let things go. I'm a soar loser and nobody will be happy on here again once am around. if my friends and I cant rule these blogs nobody will. I brag about a life that I do not have bc Im a tug on marquee.

May 19, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  30. hung

This is the sound that peace make when she is sucking off charlie crack. slurp slurp slurp.

May 19, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Peace

I would suck off mr ed in a heart beat. thats why i come on here so offten. im looking for his fiiiinnnneee loovvviiiinnnnngggg ! Roflmfao. i want his thick rod

May 19, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  32. @neytron

i'm not observer. and u dont beat no pu55y but spread your butt cheeks for ur f@g boy charlie crack. @ crack ur w ho res r no ladies but dried up and used up k u nts

May 19, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  33. free willy

What a bunch of co ck gobblers on here

May 19, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  34. free willy

Unknown is a co ck gobbler too.

May 19, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Charlie Crack

Neytron i heard is a good co ck gobbler himself.

May 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Charlie Crack

Charlie crack and my w h0res that's what all the other sw!ngers calls up. Am the king of swing. i envy mr ed thou. wish i was hu.ng like him : (

May 19, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

So, eddie, just gave yourself away. Didn't know you admired cc as much as you do. You really need to get yourself a real woman. , so you can stop your fantasizing about being with women who would absolutely reject you. Better get back to your blow-up doll, before she goes soft. Lmao

May 19, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Charlie Crack

Peace doesn't mind it bc i'm too busy fxxking her in the a55. she suck on starrfire and make her clean. she cleans her like if she was a cat

May 19, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Charlie Crack

When i eat out starrfire pu55y it taste like shrimp. It makes me sick. i keep telling her to wash her smelling k.unt but she is 2 nasty

May 19, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Neytron

@Observer hahaha,I thought you weren't falling for me?You're weak and tired,go put on your little black after five dress on and your f uck me pumps and take a stroll on the boulevard,you might get enough for a twenty dollar rock if you try really hard.

May 19, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. @HC

I apologize to you for my last comment because dealing with your kind (you and your friends) aren't worth the aggravation. Why stoop to trash level like you and your kind. Let's face it, everyone knows how you and your bunch can keep it going when you're ready. Peace out. Oh, I'm I allow to even use that word "Peace"?

May 19, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

@@hc- wow, are you ever obsessed with everyone on this blog. You've been on here all day, ragging on everyone, just trying to cause trouble. Time to take that midol & go lay down for a while. I'm sure you'll be in a more happy place when you get up. Man, you must have a really unhappy life! Go enjoy life for a change!

May 19, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  41. @HC

Excuse the typos. I know you will point that out. meant don't and mine.

May 19, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. @HC

Was I talking to you? Typical of you to always put your two cents in. Lets try it? This blog doesn't mean sh!t to me so why do i care if wyww is gone (it's gone for one day, don't cry. It will be back next week I'm sure) or if the whole d@mn Marquee is gone for that fact. One set of people screwed it up for others and the leader of that brunch killed it by his present when he got his stupid braging a55 on here last year May. That's when these blogs went to hell. So don't blame anyone but you and your friend charlie crack. Give it a rest, no why do you for once try and do so? You just had to come on here and had to put your two cent worth after I made my last comment. Watch, you'll come back with another comment after reading mind. Stupid b!tch .

May 19, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ŒΞ

As long as the original writer is doing the script, I would go see it. I draw the line at action figures and lunchboxes, etc.

May 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. @Blue Ink Observer

And you're right..it is tiresome and not worth all the b/s drama. Sorry for putting my nose in where it didn't belong. Enjoy your weekend.

May 19, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  45. @Blue Ink Observer

Oh whatever. Who cares anymore. Have a nice day as well.

May 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. @Blue Ink Observer

You would know about that because that's what you do. Also, why do you always refer to "the rest of us"? See charlie crack is at it again.

May 19, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Wrong again. Not cc. If you follow the timeline, you will see Neytron started the personal attacks, which are typical of a weak mind with no skill at expressing himself. Are you in that club too? I find it quite tiresome to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Good day to you.

May 19, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • HG

@@blue ink observer~when someone refers to "the rest of us", I would assume that would mean all people who just post & don't troll. There are those of "us" who wish you trolls would just knock it off. Is it your intent to completely destroy this blog? First wyww gone, next the whole marquee? Think about that, would you please.

May 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Neytron

@Observer,suck my dick.

May 19, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

I'll need some tweezers and a microscope to find it first!

May 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Neytron

@Observer,also your mother didn't need tweezers or a microscope to find my dick this morning,she found out how"small" it was after she was gaging on it.lol Got to admit she's a real trooper,she even swallowed.

May 19, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Michael Calaizzo

We expect a great show and are eager to watch same.

May 19, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  49. Michael Calaizzo

We are thrilled and giigly that he i moving forward.

May 19, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  50. Michael Calaizzo

He is the best writer in the business.

May 19, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  51. Joe

FFS! No!!!!!

May 19, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  52. ŒΞ

@neytron.... dude, you don't know me. you only said that cuz you're a troll, looking for conflict. i'm not falling for it. find someone else to annoy. adios!

May 19, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Neytron

You're right I don't know you but I know of you and I don't care to know you geek!

May 19, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Observer

neytron you obviously are suffering from low self-esteem brought on by an incredibly small pen!s, coupled with an enormous, misshapen head and a fetish for your mother's frilly undergarments. Go get some lotion and Kleenex, sneak into mommy's closet and leave the rest of us alone.

May 19, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Neytron

Damn, you're good. I thought no one knew about that.

May 19, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  53. ŒΞ

we need some enterprising technology guru to come up with a REAL pleasure model. he'll make a fortune just on sales to basement-dwelling sci-fi geeks everywhere.

May 18, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Bupkiss

That movie was so frikkin awesome it will be hard to improve upon. Rachel, the pleasure model. Ohh, yes. it'll be tough to beat the original's casting, too. The characters were so perfect.

May 18, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Hubert

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

May 18, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  56. ŒΞ

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

May 18, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Måd

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

May 18, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |