T.I. talks supporting Obama's same-sex marriage stance
May 17th, 2012

T.I. talks supporting Obama's same-sex marriage stance

Along with Jay-Z, fellow hip-hop artist T.I. also supports President Obama’s recently announced position on the same-sex marriage issue.

The ATL-based MC told MTV that he also believes that one "should be able to do whatever you want to do" when it comes to one's love life.

"Just to speak honestly and being frank, I don't care," Tip said about the ongoing political debate during an appearance Wednesday on "RapFix Live."

"I think that if a matter doesn't affect your daily life, you shouldn't take a hard stand on it,” he explained. “If it's not something that directly affects you, if it doesn't affect you, what difference does it make to you what other people are doing with their lives?"

One issue that does affect everyone, said the rapper-turned-reality-show star, is the upcoming presidential election.

T.I. added that his vote's going to Obama in November. "I don't think that's a hard question," the MC confirmed of his choice.

Also coming this fall?

The rapper’s eighth album, “Trouble Man,” according to Billboard.

"This is the first project where I'm talking about things that I've experienced before that I'm not necessarily experiencing now 'cause I'm not doing a whole lot of partying - I do a little bit but not a lot," he teased about the retro vibe of his latest project. "Nothing like when I was in that life."

“Trouble Man” drops September 4.

1. @tina

u r just another undereducted voter, a product of gov't education. if truth & logic won't convince you, u r a lost cause. the only change i hope for is someone in the white house other than obama.

May 18, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Me

I thought convicted felons couldn't vote

May 18, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • dawn

Our historic president is so cool! He can sing, he can dance, he can shoot hoops. He did coke, had bi relations with Donald Young and Frank Marshall Davis, and as a progressive socialist he cares about all the people, not just the selfish rich who want to keep all their money.

You go, BO. Fo mo years!

May 18, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Me

LT we heard you the first time.

May 18, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • @ dawn

Don't be mad cause you're at home watching Maury instead of working. Maybe you can get a job at McDonalds.

May 18, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. dwtpresents

Are you telling me that because I'm Black and I don't vote for the "right" candidate, I'm wrong, tina? Suppose I don't like either, but pick the lesser of two evils. Am I voting for the "right" candidate then, Tina? And what exactly makes you the final word in the "right" anything?

May 17, 2012 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tina

This is to dwtspresents. So, if voting for someone due to race, why are the whites complaining about Obama. Its sad when poor whites vote for Republican who dont care about your poor behinds. You need to vote for the right person and stop talking about race.

May 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mean Mofo

the right person would be Ron Paul. Next best choice, Romney. Obama has fu<ked it up worse while continuing to blame Bush. Anyone who votes for this lying socialist Muslim with a phony birth certificate is an idiot. Just speaking the truth.

May 17, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • tina

Tired old same old same old. Obama is fresh. You just mad because his ideas conflict with the old America. New sun rising. Obama promises hope and change, and you cannot let go of your capitalism greed and anti gay yesterday ways.

It is here and it is real. Obama will take care of those who take care of him.

May 18, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. tina

Felons can vote. They have to take a special form to get permission to vote. They take it to the county clerk office and to the voting booths.

May 17, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LT

I thought convicted felon could not vote?

May 17, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Born Survivor

Convicted felons can't vote but that does not mean they don't have a right to an opinion.

May 17, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Human

@ Julia A little racist are we ?

May 17, 2012 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Julia

Of course he is going to support Obama, he is black. Same as JayZee he supports him too, what a surprise. The Dude Abides: that joke is so old now it isn't even funy anymore.

May 17, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Julia

May I suggest a little mydol for that sunny disposition of yours.

May 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Debbie

Not sure what the problem is....

May 17, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • be quiet

Julia, I'm white and I support Obama.

I agree, get some Midol asap girl. Or go eat your feelings away or something.

May 17, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawrence Taylor

@Julia Motrin works better,along with some Ben and Jerry' Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream ice cream.When my mom gets like you me and my sister get out of her way.

May 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Diamond Dave

Whether you like his music or not, do you really give two fliying sh!ts what his political opinions are?

May 17, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • burps

Believe it or not, but there are so many people who base their opinions on what Hollywood celebrities say and think. It's really sad and one of the many reasons are country is in the toilet.

May 17, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. The Dude Abides

Now the GLBT folks can be as miserable as everyone else.

May 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |