Remembering the 'Queen of Disco,' Donna Summer
May 17th, 2012

Remembering the 'Queen of Disco,' Donna Summer

Donna Summer may be gone, but the music she created is timeless, having not only defined an era but also serving as an influence for musicians who followed.

Hailed as the Queen of Disco, Summer's phenomenal success provided us with a seemingly endless supply of anthems: "She Works Hard for the Money"; "Hot Stuff"; "Love to Love You Baby"; and "Last Dance" all could easily find themselves in rotation today. Without a doubt, that enduring latter single will be heard around the world today in honor of her memory.

Donna Summer's legacy is lasting

Her family told CNN in a statement that they lost the icon early Thursday morning. Summer was "[a] woman of many gifts, the greatest being her faith. While we grieve her passing, we are at peace celebrating her extraordinary life and her continued legacy. Words truly can't express how much we appreciate your prayers and love for our family at this sensitive time."

Photos: Disco legend Donna Summer

The singer's passing Thursday at 63 hit the industry hard, and we'd guess Questlove of the Roots isn't the only one surprised to find that the woman he'd just been listening to is now gone. He tweeted Thursday, "Donna Summer. Man I can't believe this- like "My Baby Understands" was on my workout playlist this morning! This MORNING! God...I just..."

Singer Michelle Williams posted that she was "shocked and saddened" by the news, while actor William Shatner tweeted that his thoughts are with Summer's family.

Actress and media personality Niecy Nash commented on the incredible loss the music industry has seen of late, writing, "Whitney. Tina Marie. Vesta. Now Donna Summer. The choir in heaven has a new member. They will be singing up a beautiful storm."

Share your photos, memories of Donna Summer

Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton posted:

"Dancing with the Stars'" Brooke Burke-Charvet tweeted in response, "I'm sad, Donna Summer is my all time Fav Bad Girl! Love & prayers 4 her family."

Many other famous fans from across the entertainment spectrum also chimed in Thursday to remember Summer's impact, share their condolences and reflect on the legacy she'll leave behind:

• "Few singers have impacted music & the world like Donna Summer! It's the end of an era. Peace & prayers 2 all who loved her. I will miss her!" - Gloria Estefan
  • "Donna Summer- You have inspired me in so many ways....." - Solange Knowles
  • "I remember sitting in the front seat of my mom's toyota while she sang Donna Summer's 'she works hard for the money' songs were just classic." - Ryan Seacrest
  • "One of my favorite singers of all time, Donna Summer, is dead. She defined dance music in the 70's and had a wonderful voice and personality." - Nigel Lythgoe
  • "The last whooping I got as a kid was over Donna Summer. I threw a tantrum when my mom wouldn't let me stay up to watch her on 20/20. ... Don't be sorry. I earned that whooping. And if I had to do it over again, I'd throw the same tantrum. Donna's worth it!" - Yvette Nicole Brown
  • "Damn... Donna Summer dies at 63. An unforgettable voice from my childhood, beloved by my Mom & brother. Let's dance the last dance for her." - Kevin Smith
  • "[A] moment please for the wonderful #donnasummer a beautiful person a great disco diva and revolutionary performer. it's just not right." - Sandra Bernhard
  • "R.I.P Donna Summer...I remember roller skating to hits like "Last Dance" "Hot Stuff" & "Bad Girls." Synonymous with the 70's.. #QueenOfDisco" - Mario Lopez
  • "woah! donna summer gone to the great beyond !!! chuck brown then donna summer they're gonna be dancing in heaven!!! i love donna summer RIP" - Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • RIP

1. Ted

My best friend Tony adored you Donna and in the process got all of his friends turned on to Donna's songs. We liked Rock but somehow started liking Disco only because of Donna's music. My friend Tony has since died and now Donna. I love and miss them both.
    I will forever miss Tony’s friendship and Donna’s talent. May you both be looking down on us all that loved and admired you both?

December 14, 2012 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. druss01

It has been a little over a month and I still cannot listen to Donna as it is still so painful. It is heartbreaking to know she is gone. The day will come when I can put her on and the sadness will have subsided some. Donna brought major sunlight into my ofe and I am forever greatful for the love she gave us all!!!!

June 20, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. rob

i was working in a movie theater in 1978 and Thank God It's Friday was playing. It was a flash in the pan movie but kind of introduced Donna Summer to the world. She was not a flash in the pan and her music will live on forever. She had a naive look to her with pouty lips. Sad to see her go.

May 19, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. Donna Fan

I was so shocked that Donna Summer had passed. I didn't know she had been ill. I was saddened to hear the news. Her music moved me back then, and takes me back now. Great songs, great memories. I always wanted to see her in concert. I wish I had when I had the chance a couple years ago. She will be missed and remembered fondly. RIP Disco Queen

May 18, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Michael Calaizzo

she was my Big Sister.

May 18, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Maxx

Donna Summer's "last Dance" got me so many pick-ups it's not funny.

May 18, 2012 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
  7. just me

Yes, she was the Beyonce of my time
    but what she did to the gay world who build her up and made her
    will NOT make her be missed today.
    if anything
    many of us would p%ss on her grave
    for her blatent demonstated hypocracy.

May 17, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. just me

Yes, she was the Beyonce of my time
    but what she did to the gay world who build her up
    will not make her be missed today.

May 17, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  9. kent

She is a legend and will live on forever in her music. I do not believe the rumors that spread about her comments about gays and AIDS one bit! She seemed so nice and too down to Earth to say such things. She WILL be missed very greatly! RIP Donna Summer!!!!

May 17, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. David Ocheng

Donna Summer, Rest in Peace, your voice will leave on forever. Your hits, Love Triology and Enough is Enough are my best.

May 17, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gd94134

There's a new star gracing Heaven's Ballroom tonight and her name is Donna Summer.Rest in Peace beautiful Superstar!!!

May 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. pedro rodriguez

a donna thanks for all those good memories /my disco dancing years from all of us /manolin/fausto/popeye/george/chino/fernando /// muchas gracias donna que descanse en paz

May 17, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chai

I remember the first time I heard McArthur Park in my parents car, I fell in love with that song and her voice mesmerized me. When Bad Girls album came out I was obsessed with her. My best friend Tony and I used to hang out together and listen to her songs. We still do after all these years. God rest your soul Donna. I love you.

May 17, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Steve-O

When I read the headline "Remembering the Queen of Disco" I initially thought Adam Lambert had died.

May 17, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mark L.

Donna Summer – "She Worked Hard for Her Money", was constantly "On the Radio" during my late high school and early college days, and was most deservingly classified as "Hot Stuff" in her day, back in the glorious 1970's. RIP, Donna Summer, RIP...You will be missed sorely, forevermore...{:'o(

May 17, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  16. hal9thou

Ooooooo, I feel love, I feel love, I feel love, I feel love, I feel Looooove!!! Sigh... bye, Donna!

May 17, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Clapsaddle

Hard to believe; miss her already. Not only was she a great performer, but a great painter too. I attended a gallary opening of hers in Las Vegas; not only was she kind and humble, but also talented

May 17, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Mery

R.I.P.You were a legend and inspiration to all.We will always remember you.Your music will never die.

May 17, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. 6foot2sf

More than one night "Last dance, last chance for love", yeah I was the one still there dancing, waiting, grooving along with Donna as the lights came on, (not attractive).

Two drinks to begin the night, 8 track with Donna blaring in the car stereo, car windows down, smoking whatever, going to 10 cent drink night at the "Copa" in Houston.

What great memories! And at the same time, as expected sadness with the loss. Thanks to my friends for the fun with the Queen Donna!

May 17, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Anthony

One of the most talented and under-appreciated artists of a generation. Donna ~ thank you for sharing not only your incredible talent but also your heart and soul. You will be sorely missed but never forgotten. 'There Will Always Be a You!' RIP

May 17, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Joy

Sad loss. Her music was great! Thank you Donna for so many great memories!

May 17, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Edward

63 is too young. Same age as my Dad was when he died. I grew up loving Donna Summer's songs and enjoy them still. Like any great artist or performer, she will live on in her music for future generations to enjoy. RIP Donna. Heaven is a beter place now with you there.

May 17, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Orlando

Wow!! sad loss. Thanks for giving us your talent, love and songs. Your songs bring out lot of good memories and feelings. Always will be in my heart. Love you Donna, RIP. God bless your family!

May 17, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Barry

Donna Summer was a legend, and a great talent, and always seemed to carry herself with grace and class, She will be missed

May 17, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Alex

Donna Summer was much more than the "Queen of Disco". She was a stage performer and also performed many fine "non-disco" songs ("The Wanderer", "Cold Love", "Unconditional love", "Dinner With Gershwin" , etc.). I dislike it when tributes narrow in on only one facet of a performers track record because it makes them seem one dimensional. Donna was as talented as the rainbow is colored. A beautiful person who brought alot of joy into the world. Rest in Peace Donna.

May 17, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. lance corporal

ahhhhhh to have been one of her mics................

May 17, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Wally

I definitely will miss this woman more than that coke snorting hack we knew as Whitney Houston. This woman had tons of talent which inspired many in her generation.

May 17, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Robert

Donna Summer was more than a Diva.
    I grew up listening to her music.
    She was just a beautiful person and example to follow.

May 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russell

It's so hard to believe she is gone. She brought so much joy to all of our lives yet kept her illness to private. I hope that somehow they are able to complete the dance album Donna was working on completing and give the world one more gift of that golden voice! There was and will be no one like her!

May 17, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Keith

She was a 'Bad Girl' and she 'Worked Hard For Her Money'. 'Forgive Me', but she was some 'Hot Stuff'! One day at 'MacArthur Park' she said of me, "'He's A Rebel'." After our 'Last Dance', she said, "'Love Is In Control'. 'I Will Go With You'." I said, Let me 'Dim All The Lights'. I have 'Protection'." But ours was a 'Cold Love'. Yes, I try to 'Carry On' without her. Both she and 'I Believe In Jesus'. But I can still feel her soft touch when I hear her sweet voice late at night 'On The Radio.'

May 17, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  30. MARGARET

I RECALL THE YELLOW COTTON DRESS FOAMING LIKE THE WIND ON THE GROUND BENEATH YOUR KNESS BIRDS LIKE TENDER BABIES IN YOUR HAND LIKE THE OLD MEN PLAYING CHECKERS BY THE TREES..

THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF MCCARTHUR PARK....FORGET THE HIGH NOTES SHE SANG PERFECTLY.... WHEN SHE SANG THE BEGINNING OF THAT SONG I STILL GET A CHILL IN MY SPINE TO THIS DAY...THERE WAS NEVER ANY LIP SYNC..I CAN TELL YOU THAT BECAUSE I SAW HER IN CONCERT....

WHAT INTELLIGENT SONG WRITING, WHAT CLASS AND HER PITCH ON HER NOTES WAS PERFECT EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I LOVE YOU GIRL AND I'LL MISS YOU.

May 17, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leila

MY FAVORITE SONG!!! I am listening to it right now....over and over again....takes me back to when I was only 15 years old.

May 17, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russell

Mac Park was probably my all time favorite Donna Summer song. Mac Park Suite was truly a masterpiece blending in new songs without any breaks and most importantly, Mac Park truly showed off Donna's vocal range and power! It was so beautiful when she broke into "There will be another song for me,and I will sing it, there'll be another dream for me, someone will bring it." There always was another song for Donna to sing and sing it she did! A few years ago, a reporter asked her what her favorite song was and she replied, I haven't written it yet.......

May 17, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evangenital

MacArthur Park was an old song that she made into a disco hit. She did not write that song.

May 18, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  31. Kelly

."Live and More" album – first time I heard Donna Summer was when that album came out. I was 9. My teenage sister played it constantly. I had no idea what Try Me meant or what was going on with the screaming in Love to Love You...
    But oh that voice and that orchestra. Over thirty years later still love that album which was among the first downloaded on the iPhone. Thanks Donna for the "magical mystical journey through time and love."

May 17, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Mark Joll

The world is a lot worse off today without this lady. As a club kid, she defined art for me, then she moved on and defined faith, family and, ultimately, class. I never cry about these types of things because it's inevitable that we all die. For this loss, I cry. She was, is and always will be an unmatched talent , artist and inspiration. For all of my DS friends out there, whether known or unknown, my heart is with you as we cry. God bless Donna Summer.

May 17, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russell

Your words are so true Mark! I too,broke down crying when they broke in with breaking news........Donna is the first artist and star that I have shed tears over her death. It's always sad to lose beloved actors/actress', singers and so forth however, because Donna was so wonderful, her music inspiring and uplifting this is truely a huge loss world wide! She had a voice like no other and always gave one hell of a performance.

May 17, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Yes I Will Be That Guy

WITH NOSTRILS LIKE THAT I BET SHE COULD REALLY SNORT COKE BACK IN THE 70'S

May 17, 2012 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randall -- who is now in mourning

... and with lips like that I bet she could also...

May 17, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeeves

Ah yes, make jokes that someone has died. How very funny. Maybe we'll all laugh at you when you die too... Oh wait, that's right, you're no one significant. You were born, you will live and die and the world won't even notice. Maybe it's jealousy that makes you say the things you do? Sorry, sad internet troll that hides anonymously behind a computer monitor and mocks people who have lives when you do not... No one will miss you when you're gone.

May 17, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yes you are

Redneck? or just stupid.

May 17, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark Joll

You are loved. Thank Donna for teaching me that. You are loved.

May 17, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Yes I Will Be That Guy

WHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 17, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Koen

Donna Summers music was the soundtrack of my life. We will miss you dear Donna. Rest in peace.

May 17, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tom

Donna used to come in the Larchmont store, sweet person. She is very missed. Good thoughts to her family. Tom

May 17, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Veronica

The very first concert My Mother took me to when I was around 12 years old....
    was Donna Summer "Bad Girls" in Houston. I tell you what, coming from a Family of Musicians and singers –

She inspired Me as a Child !

I was captivated !!!!!!!

YOUR in HEAVEN now.
    I know GOD would want you to sing to the ANGELS !!!! RIP

May 17, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Dan

Very vivid memory of dancing at 3:00AM on a Thursday morning at Studio 54 to "MacArthur Park" – long live Donna!

May 17, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. PeterSP

A true original who defined the mid to late 70's pop music. Such sweet memories of driving my first car and listening to her music. The dance floor was alive when her songs played ... Rest in peace Ms. Summer & thank you for your talent... "Last dance" ...

May 17, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  40. sillyman michaels

REST IN PEACE DONNA,YOU NO LONGER HAVE TO SUFFER......

May 17, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. SYED AHMED

wow can,t belived our queen of heart not with us any longer ,we will missed you dearly sissy ,

May 17, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  42. heyheyhey

I was channeling her at work last night I think, I was singing I will survive :) RIP donna you will be missed!

May 17, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. alleyc

There Will Always be a You...thank you Donna for a beautiful song and so many memories

May 17, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. skzdalimit

Woke up this morning to the loss of another legend in music. I am beyond words. Grew up with Donna Summer's music as a child and have been a fan ever since. My deepest sympathies to her family. </3

May 17, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Long Time Fan

Where to begin.....what a loss for the music industry. I remember working my way through college at a club in the early 80s. On an average night I swear this place would play every song she ever recorded. People couldn't get enough of her. Donna Summer inspired you to dance...even if you *couldn't* dance. By luck I happened to see her perform live in 1990. She set the roof on fire – it was one of the best concerts I have ever attended. People danced non-stop and didn't want to leave. She finally had to end the show by singing "Send in the Clowns". Unlike today's "artists" her live performance sounded exactly like the record because she could really *sing*. None of this studio manufactured nonsense you see now. I once remember Dick Clark saying in an interview that she was the best pure singer he had ever heard. No doubt – she's now sitting next to him talking about the good old days. My you rest in peace, Donna....we love you.

May 17, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  46. mrskool

My husband and I fell in love listening to her music

it was the soundtrack to our meeting and falling in love and we loved her for it.

RIP Ms Summers

May 17, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  47. 1twinsfan

I'd planned to listen the godfather of Go-Go all day, Chuck Brown, who passed away yesterday. Just last week, my hubby asked me if I had that Donna Summer CD in the car for the drive. Personally, I found her later hits to be more rock like than disco. Such legends.

May 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mark

...a perennial on the playlist of my life. Thank you Ms.Summer.

May 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Thomas

She was so much of my growing up. It's sad to see an idle pass away but she will always be remembered. She just gave so much to so many of us through her voice. Have a nice trip to Angel park Donna!

May 17, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Shakra

When I was a 17 years old, I was "discovered" by Donna Summer and she was responsible for getting me my first record deal with Polygram Records.
    Spending a brief moment in time inside her inner circle of family members, I can fondly recall that without even trying, they were a constant example of loyalty, faith and strong family values.
    She was, in her day, the The Lady GA GA of the music world, and she still had the amazing voice she was blessed with, up to the very end of her short life .
    Truly an ICON, she was very soft spoken, humble and incredibly generous.
    Thank You Donna, for giving me a chance to know you, and for the light you brought to the world on and off the stage.

May 17, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jose Eduardo Arroyo

Unfortunatly 'This Time I Know is for real' . Forever Summer! Brazil loves you for sure

May 17, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Roger

Thank you for so many fond memories of so many great times dancing and listening to your music. You will always be remembered with great joy and extreme affection. R.I.P. Donna. You helped get so many of us through the turbulent 70's.

May 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Ed Peterson

numerology for Donna Summer:

Queen of Disco, R.I.P.

May 17, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. christina france

Je pleure je n arrete pas mon adolescence est revenu en pleine figure depuis mes 13 ans je m evadai avec elle et je l ecouter tout les jours que dieu fait .I LOVE YOU DONNA je ne t oublirai jamais j ai trop trop de peine .

May 17, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  55. AtheistHuman

Damn it! There is nobody left. Why are all these big names dying???

May 17, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leila

It is a reminder of our own mortality. Those of us who grew up listening and dancing to the music are slowly but surely inching closer to our own demise. My students don't even know who Donna Summer is and certainly didn't know Davy Jones. When one of my favorites dies, I realize that my generation is not far behind. So carpe diem. Let's live our lives to their absolute fullest. No time left for unnecessary grief, hatred, or drama.

May 17, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Tonik

Je to velika skoda . Donna nam bude chybet . At je Ti zeme lehka..

May 17, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Mike

Donna, thank you so much for the music and all the fun your talents brought to those days of disco. Your music is timeless and still resonates strong and beautiful today. Rest in peace.

May 17, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Laurie

The queen of disco – how many times I danced to her wonderful music. She will be missed terribly. A beautiful lady inside and out. No one will ever be able to replace her – we've truly suffered a loss. Hopefully she is with Michael and Whitney – what a trio that will be – the best of the best forever together.

May 17, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  59. EJ in Metro Houston

Whitney Houston, Davey Jones, now Donna Summer......the singers I grew up with are leaving and going away. Think tonight I will play her greatest hits CD I have and pay tribute to her.

May 17, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Leila

MacArthur's Park is really melting. We have lost some great entertainers this year, people I 'grew up with'. The 1960s and 70s gave us some great people in the music industry and we are losing them as we get on in the 21st century. I am shocked and saddened. Our queen of disco is gone...I feel like a part of my childhood has died along with her.

May 17, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  61. daniel

Speechless and crying..2 things I'm never! Listenin 2 MacArthur Park now and embracing sooo many memories and soo many departed friends. Donna, I truly loved you!

May 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  62. palintwit

I just finished reading "Not Afraid of Life" by Bristol Palin for about the sixth time. It is thoughtfully written, relevant and riveting all at the same time. Once you pick it up you won't want to put it down. And such a bright young woman! We can all learn from her. (I bought 10 copies and passed them out to friends).

May 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just the Facts

Palinwit, Er, Um, you wanna stick to the topic. This is about Donna Summer!! RIP Donna!!!

May 17, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Center Finger

Dont respond to this tramp, she is posting this on every story on CNN.
      Must be attention starved.

May 17, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • brkitdwn

She certainly made an impact in many lives..especially mine. Such a talent, and her voice. Wow.. I feel love.. :) Donna.. there will always be a you.. Your music will live on.. I don't usually cry, but can't seem to help it thinking you are now gone.. nothing but LOVE for you babe.. RIP!

May 17, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheldon

Are you kidding me?????

May 18, 2012 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  63. Hollywood

She was truly a beautiful woman in body and spirit. I will miss you Donna.

May 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  64. eric

michael,whitney and now donna.God knows best.

May 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gonzalez

But at least Donna or Davy Jones didnt speed it up with booze and drugs! She was a class act! I shed a tear.

May 17, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Scott

RIP beautiful Lady. You will be in our hearts forever.

May 17, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  66. belladonna

What a sad loss. RIP my Queen.

May 17, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Lucy

She got me through a divorce. RIP Donna. Winter Melody.

May 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leila

She got me through my parents' divorce. So many memories I am reliving right now.

May 17, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Richard

I feel like a part of me was ripped away. However it has brought back some awesome memories ....one is going out to the clubs and dancing until 3 am on a dance floor packed with people there to just have a good time. For many, many reasons she will have a special place in my heart. There is a new STAR in the heavens today........God Bless You Donna

May 17, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Marstu

Dim all the lights sweet darlin for tonight it's all the way........THANK YOU DONNA, WE LOVE YOU!!!!

May 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Teresa Colon

So sad is the passing of another GREAT star. Donna Summer was part the soundtrack to my youth. May her family find peace and comfort in the many memories they share. ALL HAIL THE QUEEN OF DISCO!

May 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Leo

No way! She was a true legend. Her songs and voice were the very definition of a generation. I didn't even know she was sick. So sad. Go in Peace for one day we all will Go with You.

May 17, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Audrey

OMG what a sad loss. My most favorite song is "I Feel Love" That song added such a lift for me while I traveled in my car. God Bless her and her family. May she rest in peace.

May 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Smack-it-up-Flip-it-Rub-it-down

Dammm....Dammmmm.....Dammmm.......
    All of my hero are passing away!!
    R.I.P. my beautiful sister!

May 17, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |