What's the verdict: Lindsay Lohan on 'Glee'
May 16th, 2012

What's the verdict: Lindsay Lohan on 'Glee'

For the next stop on her "I'm making a comeback" tour, Lindsay Lohan made a guest appearance on "Glee's" two-hour episode on Tuesday ... as herself.

Accompanied by fellow guest stars Perez Hilton and "Entourage's" Rex Lee to portray the judges panel at Nationals, Lohan explained to Hilton that she was there "because I care about young artists chasing their impossible dreams. I know them. I feel them. I was them. So I'm here to support them, unconditionally."

That, and "is there anything better than someone making a comeback?" she inquired. (Don't answer that.)

And in case you haven't noticed, she pointed out once again on the Fox show, "I'm in full image re-branding mode here people."

So did it work? Time wasn't that impressed, calling her cameo "not disastrous" but "sort of depressing," and unlikely to "help her on her road back to 'Mean Girls'-era respectability."

The Washington Post found it "disappointing to only have her included for such a short period of time," although her lines were "semi-amusing." She wasn't as great as "Gwyneth Paltrow or Kristin Chenoweth, but not nearly as annoying as Perez Hilton."

But both E! Online and Entertainment Weekly cut LiLo some slack, calling her role "silly in a good way" with lines that were "pretty funny, if not a bit sad."

So what did you think of Lindsay's big guest appearance?

Filed under: Celebrities • Glee • Lindsay Lohan • television

1. Jeanne

Let her try for all she can get, if she fails it will show and all will know it. You only can come back if you try.

May 22, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Welis

She is beautiful so much

May 19, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. Dani L.

The person in the photo accompanying this article is Lindsey Lohan? What has she done to her face?

May 18, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. GLEEK

Oh was that Lindsay Lohan? I thought it was "Julie The Cruise Director" from "The Loveboat". Oh yeah, she was another washed up cokehead actress trying to make a comeback and failing miserably -

May 17, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bv

@pjc722 This year could be the final year...just stop watching.

May 17, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  6. GaPeach

I applaud her for trying! I didn't see her on Glee as I don't watch it but glad to hear she is trying to make a comeback.

May 17, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. cnnlicksit

I dont care what anyone says, she is still hot.

May 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Michael Calaizzo

I think the show is well done.

May 17, 2012 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamd

There is a less obvious aaotiidndl downside to this sort of thing. Many whites UNJUSTIFIABLY use these incidents to stoke their own biased views of black South Africans and herein lies a huge problem for racial reconciliation in South Africa.Do President Zuma and his senior colleagues ever consider that this behaviour feeds these biased perceptions and potentially undermines the feeling of self worth of his own people.I think the word Schadenfreude covers it. Sort of.

August 12, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. JellyBean

Well, if she played herself, what's the big deal? I honestly hope she is finally getting her act together.

May 17, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

She was horrible, horrible, horrible. She seemed to be reading off of cue cards, very stilted delivery. I think she could have probably used her time better by rehearsing instead of being late and disappearing to smoke.

May 17, 2012 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Olivia

She was the same way a few months ago on SNL. She was clearly reading right off the cue cards and to make it even worse, you could follow her eye movements. She's not a very good reader, either. I guess the drugs fried her short-term memory so bad as to where she can't memorize a few simple lines.

May 17, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Raiel

I'm all for her regaining her Mean Girls status.

May 16, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. pjc722

I like Lindsay and I hope she does make a comeback and I hope her old softer, prettier face does as well. She was a gorgeous, all natural looking, ALL AMERICAN girl until all of her troubles occurred and now she just looks MUCH older than she should. Her stint last night on GLEE should have been more than just a STUNT on the part of the producers. I understand Perez Hilton being a STUNT, although, I wonder how many people knew who he was or cared these days since his web site has been sanitized beyond belief now since everyone under the sun wanted to sue him.

But Lindsay is an actress. She was a HUGE actress for being a good comedic player. To be just sort of an extra on the show... yes, her star has dimmed enormously, but she is still a draw... I would have enjoyed seeing her play someone other than herself and maybe a little bit more of a vamping caricature of her old self or something more humorous.

As for the episode, for a school where everyone TEASING the GLEE club, call them NERDS, throw slushies at them in the hallway, or just drop them in the dumpster, the show really lets the characters egos out when they get to perform WHEREVER they can and then the audience... made up of those you taunt these GLEEks... give them STANDING OVATIONS all the time. Don't get the CONTINUITY here, producers! Plus, with shows like THE VOICE, AMERICAN IDOL and AMERICA'S GOT TALENT, somehow I would think these kids would be the JOCKS and not the nerds at their school.

Just saying. Can't wait until they annouce the FINAL year of this overdone show.

May 16, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. yopal137

Lindsay – tell your plastic surgeon he put too much filler in your face; you look awful. You really need to give it up, gal.

May 16, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. steve

so bored and over Lindsay Lohan

May 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. @Rig

They can't do that because it makes them feel better about themselves belittling others.

May 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rlg

Cut the woman some slack. At least she's trying which is more than I can say for some others.

May 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

She's trying? I don't think so. Showing up late, making demands, and disappearing during rehearsal, is not 'trying'. She pulled the same stunt with SNL. That didn't turn out well either.

May 17, 2012 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  17. kristy

Why is this even a discussion? She had a few lines, she delivered them well. She wasn't amazing, she wasn't terrible. Can we even consider this a "guest star" appearance? I mean, no one has mentioned Whoopi Goldberg's two appearances. her role has had several lines, and a "character" to portray. Lindsay showed up, played herself, and we're critiquing how she did...? We should be talking instead about how unnecessary and ridiculous Perez Hilton's role...

May 16, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  18. LC

Does any one watch glee to know how she did?

May 16, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kelly

She did great!

May 16, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Rebbeca

Would not waste a minute of my time watching that hack on anything!

May 16, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |