May 15th, 2012
11:53 AM ET
The world is just going to have to wait a bit longer for the Kate Gosselin Cruise Liner Express.
The former “Kate Plus 8” star has shuttered plans to launch her own event aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship this summer in the face of tepid turnout and disappointing sales, per Radar Online.
Fans had been invited to sail the high seas with the reality show mama from August 12-19, but now it seems some will be staying on dry land.
Tickets were priced between $1,900-$3,175 a pop.
"Yes, that event has been canceled,” a rep for the luxury cruise company told Radar Online. “We just didn't get the turnout that we desired and mutually we agreed that if we didn't get it, we would cancel."
All passes to hang out with the mother of eight have since been refunded, although “some have chosen to continue on with the cruise, but everyone was given the choice," the rep said.
Gosselin's said to have called each ticket holder individually to apologize for the disappointment.
"It was nothing to do with her," the cruise line rep said. "We needed to hit certain numbers and they just weren't where they needed to be."
From around the web
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.