'Survivor' winner on what she'll do with the dough
May 14th, 2012

'Survivor' winner on what she'll do with the dough

The "Survivor: One World" finale didn't earn a ton of viewers - Entertainment Weekly reports it was the series' lowest-rated finale of all time - but those who did tune in watched 29-year-old Kim Spradlin seal the win.

The bridal shop owner told MTV that in her mind it really boiled down to luck, saying she was "shocked" to find out that she's seen as one of the best "Survivor's" had.

"I feel like people are giving me too much credit sometimes," she said of her ability to survive on the CBS reality show. "It just came naturally to me. And I got lucky - I think that's a big part of this game. I've heard people refer to the butterfly effect out there - If someone stumbles upon a little thing, everything could end up totally differently. I think that's very true."

As for what she'll do with her $1.1 million, Spradlin was straightforward: "I definitely have some bills to pay," she admitted to EW.

"I'm going to have some fun with it," she continued. "I didn't come from a ton of money, so just getting myself set up in a better way - that's really appealing to me. And getting to be generous with it with my family and friends."

As for that other big finale last night, the two-hour series ender for "Desperate Housewives," ratings were on the upswing with 11.1 million tuning in to watch the season eight closer, a 19 percent increase over the previous week.

Filed under: television

1. hozilebozile

Most boring person to win in ages...totally bored this season...hardly any interesting players...lief was the most boring survivor in 24 seasons...survivor might have just jumped the shark...

May 22, 2012 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. gggg

Get married,have kids. Husband blows the cash on 2 Ferrari's and a boat. Divorce.

May 16, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. Watson

I have watched every season and this season was as good as any ever. Great show. Better than the cr.ap CBS puts out like Mike and Molly and Two and a half men. Talk about moronic television.

May 15, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Steve

I've watched all 24 seasons, only missing a few episodes over the years. I love the show. I don't comment about your likes/dislikes so butt out of mine. Apparently your idea of a great evening is to surf articles about topics you don't care about and post troll comments... wow... what an amazing waste of time.

May 15, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Survivor Fan

So glad Kim won. She totally deserved it! I was so happy when Alicia got the boot. She's as bad as Colton. Girls RULE!

May 15, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Daggmar

So now we know – this episode had the lowest all-time rating of all the Survivor shows since inception. Clearly, this means the show (and all of its scripts) has run its course. Let's pull the plug and put something else in its place. It has overstayed its welcome. Get the hint CBS! Pull the plug!

May 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • jamar

I am not surprised. I am a big survivor fan but this season was supremely boring. No good characters besides Troy and Jonas. Given that Jonas was such a pusssy he barely counts. Really disappointed with the casting this season. Kim was so boring to watch...no personality at all...

May 22, 2012 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. Solo

I haven't watched since the first season, and that was enough of the nonsense (except for Rudy, who I admired his military service and valor.) Beyond that, the contestants and Jeff Probst just seemed far too annoying.

May 15, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cj

Dumbest group of guys ever. Only one of the guys I thought deserved any chance was the little person.

May 15, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Ken

wow I thought she was in her mid 30s. Not aging well.

May 15, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Zay-G in Rural Fairfax

No matter the opinion, the voting is over and Kim won. That's how it is. I liked the young woman's confidence. My family watches so I watch too periodically. I think that the host -Jeff P- does a great job with his positive vibe, and I like trying to spot the cameramen. Obviously, there is some cleaning up going on and some makeup being applied here and there. I have went 18 days without a shower. You would note the displeasure on the host's face if they were not given access to some toiletries. My only dislikes include the effort to include a girl-man each season, and the walk of memories before the final.

May 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Haha, "spot the cameramen"...no kidding. I've tried for years, but their editing is top-notch on that. You never, ever see a crew person. Even the arial shots of a challenge taking place...I've paused my PVR and you can't spot a thing! They clean it up really well!

May 15, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hillbillynwv

I was hoping for Chelsea would win since she is a hottie.

May 15, 2012 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  12. Carolyn

Kim DID deserve to win! I felt she was the clear winner from the beginning so in some ways it was boring, but there were some great blindsides and strategy going on too. And I loved that it was all women in the end.

May 15, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. duh

never watched an episode but from what i hear from this "reality" stuff being the most manipulative would mean you DO deserve to win

May 15, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

If you have never watched an episode then how can you possibly comment on what it takes to win? Troll.

May 15, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Triscia

The most offensive was Colton. He was a small minded man who was prejudiced against anyone who was not white. I hope they don't reward him by putting him back on the show because he was a drama queen and extremely offensive. It was amazing that people were so afraid in this season,,,Where are thepeople like Boston Rob and even the troll himself russell. At least they play. The best player was Troysan, and he did't last long. This was truly a aboring season.

May 15, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • JeanneLH

Colton, IMO, ruined this season. I doubt they'll do the gender thing, again. I am a big Survivor fan, but this is the first year I didn't record the Finale...

Kim did deserve the prize, but there were too many bad personalities. The snobby guy that got voted off first kind of said it all. Christina was treated so poorly by everyone (including Jeff) but she never stood up for herself, so she should NOT have been in the end. Colton, hopefully will NEVER grace Survivor again....

May 15, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. cnnlicksit

Seriously, is this show still on?

May 15, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  16. TheWatchr

I have to agree with some folks, it was somewhat dull this season. i am still curious to know why everyone disliked Christina so much. it's not like she lied or deceived anybody. also, who in their right mind would allow 1 flaming guy to talk the whole tribe into going to tribal council to vote out one of their own after winning immunity? that was the beginning of the end for the men. dumb@$$es

May 15, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  17. Diana

I have NEVER watched this show. Really stupid.

May 15, 2012 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • be quiet

Congratulations on your superiority!

May 15, 2012 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • really?

I always find it cool when people voice a strong opinion about something they have never seen or read. Ignorance is bliss apparently.

May 15, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Gary

I stopped watching a while ago because its so much about popularity. The best survivor does not always win, but the one who offended the fewest people. If they eliminated the jury and had elimination contests – last place is gone – then I would watch again.

I prefer the Amazing Race, as you actually have to perform to win – no votes.

May 15, 2012 at 6:27 am | Report abuse |
  19. Snotty Kid

It's time for this show to end. The first half dozen episodes were cool, but come on... I am surprised anyone watches it anymore.

May 15, 2012 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  20. CiscoKid

This show is still on TV? Who would bother watching it. How about this: get 10 white people-lets say the entire Kardasian klan, drop them in Harlem, NY. A winner of the weekly challenge gets 3days worth of crack. Now that I would find entertaining and ratings would soar. -CK

May 15, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  21. B3rno

Worst season ever! Very boring! Kim didn't deserve to win!

May 14, 2012 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

Wow, Kim totally deserved to win. You people are really seriously deranged. Is that why the season was SO boring? Yup, becasue she did what she set out to do from the get go so you really never got any shocking epsodes, but kudos to her and Chels and Sab for that.

May 15, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  22. kiki123

The worst season of

The worst Survivor ever, boring, Kim did not deserved to win, manipulative, I don't even know if anyone deserve it...

May 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Gouda

If she was smart, she would use it buy a soul.

May 14, 2012 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  24. lastlap

This seasons contestants were the dumbest, least strategic bunch I've seen in a long time. Most of them just sat back and waited to be picked off. Kim almost won by default. I guess she deserved to win because she was the only one that had any kind of strategy.

May 14, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |