CBS ends 'CSI: Miami' after 10 years
May 14th, 2012

CBS ends 'CSI: Miami' after 10 years

After a decade-long run, CBS has canceled "CSI: Miami," the network announced Sunday.

In a statement, CBS said that the "CSI" spinoff is going off the air with "an amazing television legacy – a signature look and style, global popularity and as a key player in CBS’ rise to the top over the past decade."

The network thanked the show's producers, "led by Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman and Ann Donahue," the statement said, "and its talented cast, led by David Caruso, for ten outstanding seasons."

The network has also given the ax to "A Gifted Man," and while the series star, Patrick Wilson, wasn't surprised, it seems he would've appreciated hearing about it from CBS.

“So... shocking to no one: #agiftedman is done,” Wilson wrote following CBS' announcement. “Found out via email...and not from the network. Stay classy. Thanks to 'AGM' fans! Great cast/crew!"

Wilson warned last Friday that reports of cancellation were unconfirmed, but now that it's definite he was free to say what he really thought.

“Thanks for the 'AGM' love...but now that it's ‘official,’ I couldn't be happier. As good as it was (sometimes) it was not what I signed on for," the 38-year-old added of his experience on the show. But, he continued, "I gave everything I had to the show. We had an amazing cast/crew. ... It's all good."

No sweat for fans, though: They can next see Wilson in the sci-fi flick “Prometheus” with Charlize Theron and Idris Elba, in theaters June 8.

1. manny

DO WORRY FANS THIS SERIOUS WILL BE ON THE AIR.

August 10, 2013 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Angel

I love it

August 6, 2013 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. Angel

I like your tv show I whach it every day

July 3, 2013 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. weesie perkinson

Please bring c.s.i. Miami back it was the best show it had on t.v. should take off the c.s.I grisssom was on this has gotten whack take notice of your viewer opinion

January 29, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. April

Please bring back CSI:MIAMI. This show was great. Please bring it back.

November 10, 2012 at 5:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I agree with you, it absolutely sucks that csi: miami stops. I want it to come back. I loved the serie, and i've been following it for at least 5 years now. I really hate cbs for doing this:(

January 16, 2013 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  6. auto insurance company ratings Illinois

Hello I am so grateful I found your weblog, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don�t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

November 6, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jesse

i wach that show for 2 min. and it ruined my life and i will never wach it in my life again. This show sucks sucks sucks

August 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jesse

the red headed dude sucks at acting and this is the worst t.v. show ever

August 13, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  9. DIANE

CSI miami won't be the same anymore, a brilliant show and now CBS have cancelled it. I think CBS should cancel CSI NY so we can still watch CSI miami. Come on guys at CBS have a heart and bring it back, how could you do away with a very good programme.

July 28, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Concursos de diseño grafico online

Existen acontecimientos que escapan a la raz�n humana, completos de misterio y fuera de aparente explicaci�n. Mitos, leyendas,

June 14, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joy

CBS did it again when they want a show to get cancel they will move them to Sunday night.

June 13, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  12. Liz

Once again CBS does it again!!! No respect for us viewers.Who care what we want. Like all the others they"re afraid to go up against sports.Oh well thank God for videos. Not too many people (families) watch cbs and now even less.

June 13, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. streaming films,streaming film,streaming series

It's the best time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I may I wish to counsel you few interesting issues or advice. Perhaps you can write subsequent articles referring to this article. I want to read even more issues about it!

June 12, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. D Wells

One of the best shows ever!!!!

June 11, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Sigrid

I am so sorry to hear that CSI Miami will end. I love David Caruso, I think he is a great actor and extermely charming. It's thanks to him if the show went on for 10 years...I will miss him sooooo much.

June 7, 2012 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  16. Thia-Cassidy

CSI;Miami is and will always be my favourite show. I think CBS are idiots for cancelling it. They could of at least ended it off properly.How are we suppose to know what happens next? Just when it got interesting. Super upset about it. Calleigh D 4 EVER<3

June 1, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Agrav8td

I like CSI Miami and used to like CSI NY, but Sela Ward ruined it for me for NY. Talk about a square peg in a round hole. She belongs on Lifetime movies, not CSI.

May 23, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. maxsame

They got away from the storylines that made them famous.–

May 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  19. GummyBear

I don't care whether David Caruso is with CSI or not, but CSI Miami is one of my favorite shows...gees

May 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lynne

How tragic. Wish they would change their minds. This was my favorite show!!!

May 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • RICHARD

they probably cancelled it to make room for more of their ignorant "reality shows". those shows are dumming down of america and the viewers seem to like that.

May 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Marylou

They had to cancel, to make room for "The Glades" and the new man in town!!

May 17, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Lou

Well, it's about time. This piece of crap along with the god-awful performance of David Caruso, who couldn't act his way without his sunglasses. He is without a doubt one of the worst actors on TV. Good riddance to you Mr. Caruso!

May 17, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nelda

CIS Miami was just about the only show that I would turn to CBS to watch. Now my CBS watching will be drastically reduced.

May 17, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. Jim Dandey

It's about time; Caruso couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag if he used a sledgehammer...

May 16, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  25. SunnyInFlorida

Seriously bad move....If you (cbs), needed to cancel one of the shows, why not CSI NY....horrible cast/lack luster story lines/less than impressive production. CSI Miami was ground breaking and over the top clever. I have to agree with others, if you are going to cancel a FANTASTIC show....at least give us (the people who keep you in business), as well as the cast/crew a final season.

May 16, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Oh so Bummed!!

I can't believe they remove Miami, but keep the original. Heck half the original stars of the original CSI are gone. That show will be the next one to tank. I just wish they would drop Vegas and bring back Miami!

May 16, 2012 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  27. AYM

It's about time this one went off the air!! I know there are fans out there of the show...but it's been dropping steadily in ratings which means it's lost viewers, ratings speak pretty loud to networks that rely on advertising. Personally I think this show could have survived if they got rid of Caruso years ago...he's the worst actor I've ever seen. Oh and the clothes these female investigators wear "in the field"...yeah, stillettos, low-cut tops, and white pants...at a crime scene.....suuuuuuure. Ridiculous! Good Riddance!

May 16, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  28. T

IT STINKS ! IT REALLY STINKS !
    The cancellation of CSI: MIAMI and they're keeping boring CSI: NY ? SHEESH ! CBS heads are morons !

As for the other show "A GIfted Man", Patrick Wilson found out via e-mail and no one from the network told him – this sounded familiar and I remembered how CBS cancelled "THE JEFFERSONS", a top rated show and the show's lead, Sherman Hemsley read about in the paper – no one from the network even bothered to call him or anyone else from the show at all. Anyone else remember this ?

Typical CBS...still following the usual game plan.

May 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yolanda

("IT STINKS ! IT REALLY STINKS !") I couldn't agree more...this show really stinks!

May 16, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Al

Why not a final season to wrap up the series? It would have gathered ratings beyond belief had fans known it was the final season...

May 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  30. June Holland

Can't believe you are cancelling this show with no final wrap up. I will really miss it as I'm truly addicted to it.
    I've been watching the 3 hr. reruns on AMC. I'm no fan of CBS and this is the final straw.

May 15, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Elaine

I hate hearing that CSI Miami is being cancelled. It is one of my all-time favorite shows!!!

May 15, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Randall

Do you think CSi: Miami should have been cancelled? Vote your opinion at http://www.voteisland.com!

May 15, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • dusty

No i thought it was good show it always had to compete with football an it still did well.

May 15, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Margaret

Carusso is a very good actor..he'll be successful when he moves forward. He did good work on this show he should be proud.

May 15, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. mary

One of the few shows that I always watch along with the original CSI. I wish they had cancelled the New York CSI. For some reason it's not as good as the other 2. Maybe if everyone sends comments to CBS about cancelling the show they might bring it back.

May 15, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Bonnie Shoup

CSI Maimi was a great show as is CsI NY never miss watching them. Don"t watch CSI Las Vegas any more as it is not so good anymore too many changes in player.. I think u are making a mistake as there really is much to watch any more. Good Wife is awful. Guess Sunday night is out for CBS. Sunday night and time was a bad night for this show .Friday a good night CSI NY and Blue Bloods Hope they are returning. Will miss Gifted Man too but not like CSI Maimi one of the best. Come to think of it there really isn"t too many good shows too watch oh well there is always a good book to read

May 15, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  36. Gimcy

Please change your minds, CBS. CSI Miami was the best of the three. Bring it back and put it on any night but Sunday. You killed it yourself by putting it there. East coast viewers had to stay up much later to see it after football or golf pushed all the evening shows back.

May 15, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  37. Sunny

Yeah!! LOL!! They are the worst actors/actresses that I have ever seen. Woohoo!! ROFLOL!!

May 15, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Rachael

Wow..Way to go CBS (LOUSY CHOICE)....You are getting rid of CSI Miami which is the only CSI that I like leaving the other two which are insanely boring and the casts of the other two are lousy.....Now the only time CBS will ever be viewed in my house is for Criminal Minds...NCIS (the original one) and oh yeah that is it....You are quickly finding a way to lose your viewers...

May 15, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • sarah

If your talking about csi miami having the worst actors/actresses you have NO HEART TO SAY THAT! You probably weren't watching csi miami.

May 15, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Southpaw

I'm bummed. Miami was one of my favorite shows. The least CBS could've done was given the show a finale. What a slap in the face to the actors and the viewers. But, this is Corporate America...actor, office worker, etc.....they tend to slap the people who make them money. I wish the actors much future success.....without CBS.

May 15, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  39. SCOTT

I feel that it was a very bad idea to cancel CSI MIAMI. That is the best of the CSI's in my opinion. CSI Vegas has gone down hill since Catherine and Grissom left. If it was the peoples choice CBS shpuld ask us for our ideas.

May 15, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  40. Horaito Cane

Damn..I guess I could use the sunglasses bit while working at the Burger King drive through.....

May 15, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  41. Snotty Kid

Every episode of CSI, CSI MIami, CSI Timbuktu, etc... is the same. The plots are predictable. I guess it keeps everyone occupied.

May 15, 2012 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  42. P.C.

Sorry to hear such a great show. Sometimes they film at the Long Beach Marina where I walk my dog (and you thought it was ifilmed n Miami.) Seen them several times there. Good smells coming off the shows food truck.

May 15, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  43. Craig Wagner

How can the viewers cancel the CBS idiots.

May 15, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  44. babu akbar

This show is a bad show I tell you. It is a very very bad show I tell you. Red head man no good actor I tell you. He is a very bad man I tell you. White people watch bad shows I tell you. You are all idiots I tell you.

May 14, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • drew

please use another phrase. you idiot. i tell you. lhh

May 14, 2012 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abba Dabba

F_ _ K you Babu

May 15, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • ya ok

you obviously don't watch television

May 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Caruso

Babu:
      You sound like that freaking annoying character from the 40 Year Old Virgin. Either you're mocking him or you really have no grasp of English Grammer. Get real and get educated "I tell you".

May 16, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  45. MELISSA MAJORS

SHOULD HAVE CANCELLED CSI ON THURSDAY NIGHTS BECAUSE IT HASN'T BEEN THE SAME SINCE GRISSOM LEFT AND NOW KATHRYN IS GONE. SHAME ON YOU CBS! CSI MIAMI WILL BE GREATLY MISSED-PLEASE RETHINK YOUR DECISION CBS.

May 14, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  46. jt

CBS can't figure out when they HAVE a good show. A Gifted Man was excellent, being interesting and informative. NCIS is filling in on a lot of time slots. Harry's Law should have been renewed as well!!!

May 14, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  47. sarah palin

Its always so funny to see wasted camera shots of that dumba$$ caruso just standing there posing like he some cool model..what a loser poser. Im glad the show is cancelled..should have been yrs ago...adios pindejos

May 14, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Canadian girl

CSI Miami Rocked!! David Caruso was the best....he's the only one out of all CSI's that ACTUALLY KILLED PEOPLE ! :) now we stuck watching sappy Gary Sinise ( i like him, but not on CSI NY)

May 16, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Andi

I am completely disappointed that CSI Miami has been canceled. Who ever made this decision should be fired. I simply love this show and look forward to watching it every Sunday evening. Well CBS I'm sure your ratings will be much lower. Nice going....

May 14, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  49. martin

csi miami lost us when the 50 something blond broad crawled in bed with the 30 something hispanic – what a jjoke – bad writing, stiff acting – now CBS get rid of csi ny and criminal minds – start fresh with new ideas.

May 14, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mark

CSI Miami is so over-the-top campy and shallow...that it's totally awesome. I still watch it and enjoy it even today. Very disappointed in this move by CBS. I find CSI NY to be the boring and tired version, not Miami.

May 14, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  51. WANDA PIERCE

get them back please

May 14, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  52. wanda pierce

OH ON YU DON'T THIS IS THE BEST FOR ANY OF THE CSI'S THEY COME ON EVERY DAY AT 5:00 CH 254 AND IT'S THE BEST ALSO COME ON TAKE OFF ONE OF THE OTHER ONES THEY EVEN HAVE THE BEST LOOKING MEN AND WOMAN ... DO SOMETHING DON'T LOOSE THEM

May 14, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  53. nicole

This must be a mistake...you cannot ax CSI miami...it is the best of the trio....do not cancel please!

May 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Bob

I hope another network picks up the show! CSI Miami is one of the best on TV!

May 14, 2012 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. june

theres not many tv shows that i looked forward to watching,but csi miami was one of them,how can they cancel such a good show,shame on them,some other station please pick this prog up,

May 14, 2012 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Gouda

Caruso is the biggest tool at CBS. He has progresively gotten more toolish since An Officer and a Gentleman.

May 14, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Emma

Congrats to the die hard fans of CSI: Miami! No more faithfully tuning in on Sunday nights feeling foolishly hopeful, only to be bitterly disappointed AGAIN in the writing and the mess they made of our beloved characters' lives. CBS has officially ended the insanity for us!

May 14, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Lisa

I'm not surprised they axed CSI:Miami but still upset. They could and should have given that cast and their million fans a known final season and wrapped up a lot of loose ends regarding the characters us diehard fans have followed for ten years. I guess the viewers don't mean squat to anyone at CBS. They made no effort in the writing or date and time of airing to please the fans these last couple seasons. Why didn't NY get axed instead?

May 14, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Phendrena

I notice that CSI and CSI:NY haven't given the chop. Frankly I'd have kept Miami and New York and ditched the original.

May 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Candy

I really hate that CSI Miami will end. This was my favorite show out of all the CSI 's. I loved David Caruso, he is so cool. I think the show should not have been moved to another day and time. That interferes with people's schedules which then makes the rates go down. I still Love the show

May 14, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Simoni Vaz

Well one less viewer. Nothing on CBS that is worth my time to watch.

May 14, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  62. KJ

Never watched a gifted man and THANK GOD they got rid of CSI:Miami. I liked everything about the show except David Carusso and I kept hoping they would kill him off!!

May 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

The show lasted as long as it did because Caruso (Is it that hard to spell his name correctly?) was the best part of the show. Everyone else was arguably a carbon copy of every other supporting cast of every procedural cop show on the air.

May 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Jess

Oh please. We all saw this coming with both shows. CSI: Miami hasn't been good for the past few seasons and A Gifted Man should have been axed awhile ago.

May 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Pamela

I knew this was going to happen when they moved it to Sunday night ! UGH makes me ill. CBS just lost this one little viewer. That show was pretty much the only show left on CBS I watched.

May 14, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Marti P

CBS, Dis me once Im to blame, dis me twice you're full of shame, but you've done it thrice so its no dice! I will never watch cbs again!

May 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • ross

Sure hope no one at CBS commits suicide after reading that you are leaving.

May 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Gale

With dumb reality shows like the Amazing Race pusing back the start time for the Good Wife and CSI: Miami, how do you expect them to do well? Both shows are great and I watch them faithfully, however, the other show should be off when it says it is going to be off and not run into the time of the other shows. So sorry this show is going away. I have watched it since day one.

May 14, 2012 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

It wasn't the Amazing Race that pushed back anything. It was the sports games that pushed back 60 Minutes which then pushed everything else back.

May 14, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erin

it's called sports pushing every shows start time back, NOT Amazing Race. Seriously?!

May 14, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lynne

Gale – that's because football/golf runs over their allotted time...has nothing to do "The Amazing Race."

May 17, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. LC

It has been on ten years and I never watched it once.

May 14, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Bruce

Pretty much all total nonsense! Any great shows that CBS airs Sunday nights will be in difficulty
    due to network Sunday night Sports broadcasts. You can't start programs like The Good Wife and
    CSI Miami at different times on Sunday evenings and expect great ratings for either.
    Who do you guys think you're kidding?

May 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Aggie

I am truly upset to leard that CSI Miami has been cancelled. I will miss all the cast. Hoping to see them on other programs soon. I've watched from the first program. God bless America.

May 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Anna

I have enjoyed this programme and will miss David Carusso.

May 14, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |