Justin Bieber writes mom a song for Mother's Day
May 11th, 2012

Justin Bieber writes mom a song for Mother's Day

Justin Bieber's latest single has one special lady in mind: His mom.

Biebs' new song, called "Turn to You," released at midnight on Friday, just in time for Mother's Day:

"You worked two jobs to keep a roof up over our heads/You chose a life for  me, no you never gave up/I admire you for the strength you've instilled in me," Bieber sings to his mom, Pattie Mallette.

Bieber recently told MTV that "Turn to You" highlights the difficulties his mom faced raising the 18-year-old pop star "at, like, the age I am now," he said. "[It's about] just the struggles she went through and how brave she was, and I think the world needed to know that."

Proceeds from the song are going to benefit the Salvation Army's Bethesda Centre, which provides support to young single mothers. MTV notes Bieber's mom Pattie once turned to the organization when she learned she was pregnant with him.

His mother tweeted Thursday, "[Justin] wrote me a song for Mother's day! So excited 4 #TurnToYou out 2morrow, it made me cry.. Proceeds going 2 help single moms!"

But that’s not all the 18-year-old has done to honor the woman who raised him this year - he also made sure to graduate from high school.

"That was something my mom really wanted me to do, so I had to do it for her," Bieber told People magazine. "I mean, this kind of lifestyle has given me a different perspective on life."

Bieber's new album, "Believe," is due out June 19.

1. LOVE FOURTY

THT IS CUTE

May 13, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bustin Jieber

I love my mom. I want to be just like her one day. That's why I try on her clothes when she's not around. Especially the frilly silky stuff.

May 11, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Leigh

Being a single parent is scarey and she has every right to be proud of him. I hope he is generous with his money for her.

May 11, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lulu

What a nasty group you all are.
    I have a feeling there is a lot of jealousy here, you only wish you had what he has

And no I am not a Bieber fan, just a fan of kindness of which none is shown on these postings!!!!

May 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. rap star

Man everyone knows white boys cant dance lol. This kid Bieber always looks like he is about to cry. He surely cant dance a lick and his singing sounds like a cat in heat.

May 11, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. oscar madison

Why is this news? And u r rite...Justin is totally gay and he should finally admit it. I am sure he is the one being fudge packed. Thats why he hangs with Mayweather, to take one in the poopchute and slob on Mayweathers knob. Little snot nosed wimp.

May 11, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DandyLion

That was a nice gift for his mom & the proceeds are going to a good cause. On a diff note. I saw him perform for the 1st time on AI the other pm, ugh. Could somebody tell him to loosen up when he tries to dance? It was painful to watch. Lol!

May 11, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Vexi

What a sweet thing he did for his Mom for Mother's Day. He does seem to have a big heart. Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's!

May 11, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. derp

She is uglier than he is g ay.

May 11, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |