Chris Harrison: I wouldn't make a great 'Bachelor'
May 10th, 2012

Chris Harrison: I wouldn't make a great 'Bachelor'

“The Bachelor” host Chris Harrison is open to falling in love again... but not on his own show.

The father of two, who recently announced that he was splitting up with his wife of 18 years, said in a press call Wednesday that he can't picture himself as a contestant on the show that made him famous.

"I was waiting for that question," Harrison said while promoting the new season of “The Bachelorette.”

"Getting out of a 22-year relationship, having just announced my divorce to the world a week ago, having two kids and trying to start a new life, I'm thinking I wouldn't exactly be a great candidate to be the bachelor right now or anytime soon,” he said.

But that's not to say he doesn't believe in the show's goal.

"I still, and maybe more than ever, believe in the search and what everybody is doing on the show because I've been there and I lived that life," he said. "I've loved deeply with [my] whole heart and know how great it can be. I will hopefully fall in love and find that again."

But his future dates shouldn’t expect Harrison to act like the same dude they see on TV.

"[They will probably expect] the helicopter and private jet," he joked. "I haven't actually had a date in 22 years, so we'll see."

The new season of “The Bachelorette" debuts May 14.

1. awareness bracelets

hello!,I like your writing very much! proportion we be in contact extra approximately your post on AOL? I need a specialist on this house to solve my problem. Maybe that's you! Taking a look forward to see you.

July 31, 2012 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Elizabeth

If you really put your kids first, Chris, as you say you do... then love your wife and put your family back together. Otherwise you're just full of hot air.

May 11, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • DEB

Really...you think it's just his decision? Get a grip...life just is not that simple...and do you believe their life is any of your business?

May 12, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. creek

this guy is such a phony. he 100% cheated on his wife. that, and to continue to espouse that a reality tv show is a legit forum to find someone is beyond the pale. that show does nothing but demean men and women as well as the idea of love. it's about as unrealistic and mean-spirited a show could be. drama sells so of course they overload the contestant pool with crazies and then put people in the most awkward situations possible. it's hardly a show that embraces the pureness of love.

May 10, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Aquarian

I hope he lets his sheets cool off before he falls victim to a gold digger like the bimbos on this stupid show.

May 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jenny

The guys is a CHEATER!! Too bad his soon to be ex-wife wasted 22 years on this idiot and didn't see it!

May 10, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Melody

Well he "hadn't had a date in 22 years".....well no wonder he's getting divorced!!!! You have to date your spouse to keep it alive!

May 10, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jillmarie

I remember Rozlyn saying he hit on another man's wife! Believable.

May 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Madtown

-----–
    You mean, getting paid to sell out your dignity and look like an idiot on national tv? Because, that is all that anyone is accomplishing on this show.

May 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Woolsworth

Guy totally cheated on his wife like Rozalyn said.

May 10, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. Aaron Chaney

Romney vs. Frankenstein (Obama)

Put simply, better the devil you don't know. Vote Romney.

May 10, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I guess Dick isn't the only idiot named Chaney.

May 10, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Uh,

Aaron you need to be quiet, your junk is every where. You think your dumb comment is going to change any minds? @ Mike-lmao!

May 10, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Lauren

Hi Chris – I am available anytime!!!!!

May 10, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |