'New Girl': Nick's moving day
May 9th, 2012

'New Girl': Nick's moving day

Will he or won’t he?

That was the question Tuesday as we waited to see whether Nick would go through with moving in with Caroline in "New Girl's" season 1 finale.

Jess, Winston and Schmidt weren’t taking the proposed move very well, but despite that, the roomies put up a Craigslist ad for Nick’s room and found some weird guy named Neil.

Afterward, the guys packed up a moving van and were off ... except Nick freaked out and drove past the place. He just kept driving and driving, until they ended up in the desert. To top it off, he also threw out the keys in the desert. (Good job, Nick.)

Jess and CeCe drove out to get them, but once Nick started talking about how he’s decided he’s going to go through with moving in with Caroline, Jess threw her keys too. (Good job, Jess.)

They ended up camping out and jamming to Nick’s old mixtapes. Everyone was having a good time when Nick decided that he wanted to prove to them that he’s making a good decision by moving in with Caroline. So he wandered into the desert to find his keys.

Jess went to find Nick, but a coyote approached them, forcing Jess to rely on the most random and adorkable method of defense: saying “meep meep” like the roadrunner.

Meanwhile, a super jealous Schmidt, who saw CeCe at a photo shoot in a strange/provocative position with some half naked guy riding a rocket, decided he needed to "white fang" her.

No, “white fang” isn’t a dirty sex reference. He was talking about a book called "White Fang," where the character has to set a wild creature free (such a Schmidt-y metaphor). Schmidt wants CeCe to be happy, and he doesn’t think she’ll ever be happy with a guy like him. He then proceeded to mispronounce the word “wolf,” or in Schmidt language, “woof.”

Schmidt told CeCe it wasn’t working out and then yelled at her like she was the wild creature in "White Fang." Such a weirdo. I love it!

When CeCe realized he was “white-fanging” her (because it’s the only book he has on his Kindle, and he talks about it constantly) she asked why he was pushing her away.

Schmidt accidentally admitted to looking through CeCe’s phone, and she told him he has to trust her. His response: “How am I supposed to trust you CeCe? You slept with me; I mean, that doesn’t say much about your taste in men.” Nice.

Jess and Nick managed to have a heart-to-heart conversation while the coyote was just hanging out. Jess told Nick he should move in with Caroline if it makes him happy. She then started making “coyote noises” and scared it away with her craziness.

Once they returned to civilization, everyone hugged Nick goodbye. Everyone except Schmidt, who grabbed Nick’s face and kissed him on the mouth. I’m going to miss seeing Schmidt every Tuesday at 9 most of all.

But later that night, Nick returned! Just because it’s the season finale, doesn’t mean "New Girl" can’t do what it does best: have a happy ending!

So the questions for next season: What will happen with Schmidt and CeCe? Will Jess and Nick finally hook up? Will Winston get an interesting story line? We shall see!

1. Aaron Chaney

Romney vs. Frankenstein (Obama)

Put simply, better the devil you don't know. Vote Romney.

May 10, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. twilson

I like the show, but the tension between Nick and Jess is getting annoying.

May 9, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. xjdavid

Jess wasn't making coyote noises. She was making road runner noises.

May 9, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. xjdavid

Love Schmidt. I'm gonna miss him. I like all the characters, but Schmidt, Jess, and CeCe make the show for me.

May 9, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sasha

@Observer and Skeptic Yet you both are here...reading the article...and commenting. I'm sure you have every episode saved on your DVR.

May 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

What do you have to say about it, you one of those ppl who just like to think your so kool ? I think schmidt is funny. Love how he 'accidently' looked through phone.

May 9, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mitt R.

I don't think they care what you think. They just say that stuff to get you going. Bet they never watched it. I did, didn't like the show, changed the channel. End of story.

May 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tara

The finale was hilarious! Honestly, I couldn't love this show any more than I already do. I literally LIVE for Tuesdays. The entire cast is amazing. Schmidt could have easily become a "Joey" of sorts but instead has me dying laughing to the point where I miss him when he's not in a scene. The Nick and Jess will they/won't they story line is AMAZING and developing at the perfect pace...which is SLOW. The worst thing to do is rush their relationship. The writers are building their friendship first. With that being said, I feel the writers aren't sure what to do with LaMorne Morris' character, "Winston." He's become somewhat of a filler.Damon Wayans, Jr. as "Coach" was awesome. Its sad they lost him to ABC. Lamorne Morris is a good actor snd very funny, he just needs better material.

May 9, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Skeptic

@Observer: finally someone around here I agree with.

May 9, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Observer

How about if they just move the whole show...to cancellation.

May 9, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |