How Snow White inspires Kristen Stewart
May 9th, 2012

How Snow White inspires Kristen Stewart

It sounds like Kristen Stewart's titular character in "Snow White and the Huntsman" is a woman after her own heart.

"I think that I related to Snowy because ... I love her," she told MTV on Tuesday. "She feels such strong things and sort of can't say exactly why she feels those things ... and I can completely relate to that and I also can relate to feeling arrogant about it a little bit."

Attempting to explain further, Stewart added, "It's sort of like, 'It's not about being who you are'; it's sort of 'Not saying what everyone thinks I'm going to say because I'm uncomfortable' ... She's like, very instinctive and sort of awesome in that way."

Playing the Disney character had such an impact on Stewart that she now strives to be more like her.

"She's got this connection to the Earth and to her people that makes her, like, so truly empathetic and not sympathetic," the actress said. "She's not putting herself in a position and going, 'Oh, how horrible would that be for me.' She's truly bleeding for other people. It's a different feeling. It's something I want to get to if I can be a better person. She's a great girl. She's a good person."

“Snow White and the Huntsman," which also stars Charlize Theron and Chris Hemsworth, debuts in theaters on June 1.

1. Aaron Chaney

Romney vs. Frankenstein (Obama)

Put simply, better the devil you don't know. Vote Romney.

May 10, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. made-from-monkees

Have you ever seen Kristen on a talk show ?

She is the most awkward and uncomfortable social misfit !

i cant stand to watch her squirming and at a loss for words ... its embarrassing

How did she ever get a job acting ?

May 9, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Leigh

I can't wrap my mind around her being inspired about anything. She comes across as flat line personality. She never smiles and she still has that sneer on her face. She is very pretty, but so is Megan Fox and she is another sour face.

May 9, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cc1988

this girl is so real she has all these cameras on her all the time and she still stays true to herself. forget" snowy" we can all try and be a little like kristen. :)

May 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • cc1988

Hello, you may remember seeing me before in the Woman’s Hygiene isle at your local supermarket, I'm a d0uche!

May 9, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Linda

@ cc Why do you re ply to yourself ? I can't wait to see this movie !

May 9, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gah

the Brothers Grimm version of the fairytales are much darker than the Disney version, so this more mature take on Snow White isn't too outrageous. as much as i want to see Charlize Theron and Hemsworth, I can't see Stewart as a warrior. there are a lot of women in hollywood i think that can pull that off, but not her. she's too dainty. maybe an archer or something, but i just can't wrap my mind around her being a swordswoman . . . .

May 9, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • vgirly

She's an 18 year old princess that has been locked away for over 10 years. She is supposed to be dainty. She isn't supposed to be a swordswoman. Chris Hemsworth the huntsman trains her and she picks it up. By no means is she supposed to be an expert. While filming the scenes Rupert Sanders also told her to tone it down a bit and reminder her that she is no ninja. He wanted her to fight in a believable way, which is that's she's NOT that good with a sword. Apparently her fighting is more defensive. There was a screening of the movie yesterday in NYC and the reviews have been rave. Even non kristen fans say that Kristen is quite good in this role and the movie is awesome.

May 9, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Yoda

Feel the strength of your cookies, I do....

May 9, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Hellome

I made cookies today......

May 9, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |