May 9th, 2012
11:32 AM ET
It wasn't the 48th birthday present that Melissa Gilbert was hoping for.
The actress was one of two celebrities knocked out during Tuesday's "Dancing with the Stars" double elimination. Gilbert overcame weeks of low scores, as well as a mild concussion, to make it to the eighth week of the ABC talent show, but her luck has run out.
Gilbert told CNN after the show that she wouldn't have made it so far if it weren't for her pro partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy.
"I have so much more belief in myself than I did before thanks to Maks. I cannot believe what my body did, and I can't believe the shape my body's in," she told us.
"Melissa Gilbert is [leaving 'DWTS'] on her 48th birthday, and she doesn't look a day over 30," Chmerkovskiy said. "At 48, she's going out at the same time as a 20-year-old Disney kid who had more energy than all of us put together. That's an achievement."
The "20-year-old Disney kid" mentioned above is actor Roshon Fegan, who was also eliminated despite garnering a 29 on his first dance Monday. So what's a young man to do after being booted off "DWTS"?
"I don't know what to do now," Fegan joked. "I'm just going to go home, get some sleep and think about it all. I definitely felt like I got the greatest experience of all time."
The double elimination means there are just four celebrities left - Donald Driver, Katherine Jenkins, William Levy and Maria Menounos. All four return Monday for another round of competition.
What did you think of last night's episode? Were the right celebrities eliminated? And don't forget to check out the above video to hear more from the "DWTS" celebrities and pros.
From around the web
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.