'Adrock' of the Beastie Boys pays tribute to Yauch
May 7th, 2012

'Adrock' of the Beastie Boys pays tribute to Yauch

The tributes and condolences have poured in since the passing of Beastie Boys member Adam "MCA" Yauch, and on Sunday night, fans heard from another one of the respected group's members, Adam "Adrock" Horovitz.

As MTV reports, Horovitz posted the note regarding Yauch's Friday death on the Beastie Boys' Tumblr, offering gratitude for the support the surviving members of the New York trio have received.

"As you can imagine, s*** is just fkd up right now," Horovitz wrote. "But I wanna say thank you to all our friends and family (which are kinda one in the same) for all the love and support."

Bands like Coldplay and the Red Hot Chili Peppers offered musical tributes during their shows that Friday, and several celebs, throughout music, movies and beyond, shared their memories of Yauch and reflected on the contributions he made with his career and his activism.

The musician had been battling cancer since 2009, and passed away at the age of 47 on Friday in New York.

Horovitz added in his post Sunday, "I'm glad to know all the love that Yauch has put out into the world is coming right back at him."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

« Previous entry
  1. Iphone service, Web Site creation

I just could not leave your site before suggesting that I actually loved the standard information a person provide in your visitors? Is gonna be again continuously to check out new posts

May 17, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. professionalscold

@Tcaros – I challenge you to find anything more provocative and interesting. AND I challenge you to find something funnier. AND I CHALLENGE YOU TO FIND SOMETHING WHICH MAKES YOU MOVE YOUR CAN TO THE BEAT! Troll.

May 8, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sandra

tcaros – I think if you spell seriously "serioiusly" and overuse the term "dude" (which obviously you would), then you are the one who is "pretty lame".

May 8, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. philtration

Calling him a "musician" is being very generous.

May 8, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • IfYouSaySo

Why is that? Because he is known for his hip hop career but has played bass on numerous jazz and funk albums with well known modern musicians in those genres and more? Yeap, being quite generous indeed.

May 8, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Tmoney

Shows how little you know about the Beastie Boys.

May 8, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • gabe

What? You're not serious right?

May 8, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • umm, yea

@philtration To say he was not a musician makes you an idiot. They have 2 instrumental albums and if you ever saw them in concert or paid any attention you would know that he played bass guitar. You have obliviously only listed to whats played on the radio

May 8, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
    • melvinslizard

Look at all the haters hatin' on MCA. Not a musician? Please, fool. And to tcaros, pretty lame? Don't worry, there will always be a Nickelback, or Beiber, or some other sack o' crap for you to listen to while you're "sucking like a leach."

May 8, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. tcaros the lame

Hi I am tcaros and I prefer the Beibster over any real music. I also enjoy eating cat food. This article is a tribute to a good person that just passed. Seriously, "dude", you gotta lighten up.

May 8, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. Center of Thought

I'm with Mercy...what an iconic group...and MCA's voice/style stands out as an irreplaceable one in the world of music. RIP, dude...

May 8, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. BW Robb

@tcaros – Seriously dude... you're pretty lame.

May 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. No Comment

(_______________ ).

May 7, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mercy Street

I would just like to say that the Beastie Boys have always been a part of the soundtrack of my life....I still listen to Licensed to Ill til this day and am truly saddened that Mr. Yauch is gone at 47 years old. They were just a bunch of kids back in 1986, but my God they were smart and headed into territory that most of us could only dream of...a new sound and voice that screamed "let's just have a blast together and do something different"....my prayers are with Adam's beautiful wife and young daughter....RIP

May 7, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |