'Bachelor' host splits from wife
May 4th, 2012

'Bachelor' host splits from wife

"The Bachelor's" Chris Harrison likely has new empathy for contestants whose relationships don't work out.

The longtime host of the dating reality show announced Thursday that he's separated from his wife Gwen Jones.

Harrison's rep told CNN the high school sweethearts arrived at their decision “after much heartfelt consideration.”

The couple were married for 18 years and have two children together.

“They happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and mutual admiration for each other,” the rep said in a statement. "Though we have made this incredibly difficult decision to separate, our love and mutual respect remain, and we look forward to sharing in the lives of our wonderful children."

In Touch Weekly reports the duo have actually been separated for awhile but are good friends. They were spotted together in January, when Chris reportedly threw a birthday party for Gwen in Las Vegas.

The magazine also reports they plan to share custody of their 9-year-old son Joshua and 7-year-old daughter Taylor.

Harrison has hosted 16 seasons of “The Bachelor."

1. Wooden Bed

For guaranteed top ranking of URL, we need to hire service of that company which assures quality service. Link bullets is one such company which can get result in top ten results
    Wooden Bed

May 23, 2012 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. guest

He looks like a total goof ball to me...good riddens to him girl.

May 7, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. Michael Mario Calaizzo

Good for both of them.

May 7, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. Guest

Reasons for the split: Younger, blond, and busty woman.

May 7, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. rammi

Chris and his wife are a match and should stay together. Just take a break for about 9 months. I wonder
    if Emily is on his wish list. It must be challenging for Chris to be faithful to his wife with all these beautiful
    young women around. But still think his wife is his soul mate and hope they stay together.

May 7, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • dc3gal

I am going to stick my neck out here and say this since we don't really know the real reason for the split; but I would think Chris would think it easy to be faithful to his wife considering the airhead women on that show. I am a woman saying this.

May 7, 2012 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
    • NIKKI

Maybe the process of reducing your harem to one “young” tight bimbo has its allure. They may not stimulate your intellect, but who cares when you have their mouth full!

May 7, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. onthebeach

Well, I thought he was enamored of one of the more recent bachelorettes, so I'm not surprised. Also, I had noticed that he showed more and more affection toward several of them. He just seemed "more into them" with his questions, etc.

May 6, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. AGuest9

"Shared custody", until she moves half-way across the country.

May 6, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. LK2

Maybe he'll be the next Bachelor?

May 5, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • iBod

LOL! I would watch it then!

May 6, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • dc3gal

Considering he gets to see first hand how mean and jealous these women can be, I bet he wouldn't want to be on that show as a bachelor.

May 7, 2012 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. mister ed

Look marriage sux and will always suck..Even while the woman is getting married she is thinking about scrwing some other dude..True love is a joke...I have a different woman everynite who is great in bed...has a tight kat and a little waist. Same woman gets dull and boring quick..im just sayin lol

May 5, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • kelly

mr ed? stupid name, even more stupid post........as if someone like you could attract a woman w/o having to pay for it.............

May 5, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • IA MomOf4

Wow mister ed. Your statement shows how much respect you have for women and yourself.

May 5, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • bry

What a complete and total phuquing m0r0n you are.

May 6, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustSomeGuyWho

Yeah, those women are SO lucky. Not all women think about sleeping around ... at least the good ones don't.

May 7, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jazzy

Is not mutual admiration and respect the basis or foundation for a marriage? People are too quick to give up on their commitments today. Making a persons *word* his vow worthless!

May 5, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Clyde M

"Hosted" 16 seasons?

Do you mean get flown all over the world just to show up for about 3 minutes of screen time to state the obvious like "there is only one rose left," because I would LOVE to get paid as much as he does to "host" a show as loosely as he does. Sweet gig if you can get it.

May 5, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Beth

No, no: "Ladies, Clyde, this is the final rose tonight."

May 5, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • LK2

You honestly think that's all he does?He does much more behind the scenes that no one sees. Geez.

May 5, 2012 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. NanookoftheNorth

OMG ! They have matching his-and-her's noses :-o

May 5, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  13. sentry pigeon

Magnificent post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector do not realize this. You should proceed your writing. I am confident, you have a huge readers' base already!|What's Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other customers like its helped me. Great job.

May 4, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. j

"our love and mutual respect remain"

OH FOR FREAK SAKE!!!!! YOU ARE SEPARATED!!!!

May 4, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Becky

Take a moment, and say your goodbyes...

May 4, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ginger

great, he can be the next bachelor.

May 4, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Willow

So the Bachelor host is a bachelor now and this is news? Must be a slow news day.

May 4, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  18. No Surprise by the Way He was Acting

He was flirting more with the females on the show and acting differently. I remember actually wondering if he was recently divorced during one of the Tell All Episodes.

May 4, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • lls

Hey,
      What ever happened to fighting for our marriages? You would fight to save your kids, well fight to save their home life. Don't be selfish! Fight for them and each other. Try to remember why you fell in love. You are both gorgeous and look great together. Just try to work it out with prayer and friendship. Just give it another chance with God's help you CAN save this marriage! I will be praying for you. lls

May 4, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  19. nuketim

Now he can be the Bachelor.

And she can be the Bachelorette.

May 4, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Bob

OMG, ur gay! Gay! Like, totally! Everyone is gay!

May 4, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Bob

OMG who cares? Obviously not me, since I took the time to click on the article, read it, and comment on it!

May 4, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. maria

They get rich and famous and they not need each other again.Not worry he is probabbly the next Bachelor and she will married a millionaire! lol lol anyway WHO CARES! !!!!!!

May 4, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jokes on couples who believe in love instead of reality

A bunch of women were having lunch...discussing the divorce one of them was going through.

"Here Susan..here's my lawyer's card...he did all 4 of my divorces..& if I ever get married again..he'll do that one, too."

"Hey Steve – my divorce is final...I feel like I've been paroled! All she gave was good headache."

May 4, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Velvetine Jones

Don't get married...stay sane..stay single...let her mow the grass..pay the bills..she should be grateful you wants to be with her.

May 4, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jim

Better get out his wallet. This is America, the most feminist country in the world.

May 4, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Karen

pig

May 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • retphxfire

You are fun-neeeee. Not quite, not as long as there are misogynist lttle men like you around. You're in a marriage, you have kids, one of you was the $ winner, one of you was everything else....you bet they share, the shared the ups and downs, there was support and care...etc etc etc etc. YOU couldn't afford to pay someone to do all that a wife/woman does in a relationship. What happened? Your wife the major breadwinner and left you in the dust in your imitation leather chair and remote control?

May 4, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. RealReality

The saddest part of this story is that the Bachelor has been on for 16 seasons. Good luck to the kids.

May 4, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  27. ?

For a TV show that's based on narcissism, it's poetic justice.

May 4, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  28. GaPeach

To Jed and Byteme: You do realize you are reading the "entertainment section" of the news don't you. And you cared enough to post!

May 4, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  29. GaPeach

Hey Lucygal....how many couples do you know that separated and then never divorced! This is the first step toward divorce. I hope they can remain civil friends for the children...and yes you can be friendly with your ex...I am!

May 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • JustSomeGuyWho

Hey GAPeach ... I did and several other couples I know also separated and never got a divorce. It happens ... although admittedly you don't see that very often with celebrity couples. Then again, the reason I didn't divorce is because 1) my kids and 2) she wouldn't do anything to get on her feet (her laziness being one of the reasons I separated) and I discovered a divorce would have put me straight into bankruptcy. So now I get to live in forced celibacy ... yay me! Ok, take that back ... they will get divorced ... he probably doesn't have to worry about bankruptcy.

May 7, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  30. Byteme

OMG Who cares!?!?!

May 4, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jed

I agree, who cares about this? It demonstrates how much nonsense is reported in the "news".

May 4, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. tmoney

That's too bad. Not sure why it's so hard for folks to understand how two people can care about each other but choose to divorce – you can have love for someone but not be IN love with them. At the same time, these days too many folks have an idealized sense of what love is supposed to be about.

May 4, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Gina Glynn

My husband & I only knew each other three months when we got married and are celebrating 30 years of wedded bliss in June. It has not always been fun or easy but it's always been worth the work. Nothing worth having comes easy. For people to write that he "must be gay" or he' "sleeping with girls on the show" or any of the other immature, ignorant comments people are making tells me that they must not have two brain cells to rub together. We're not in their home, their lives, their brains. It's none of our business why they didn't last or what kind of releationship they may or may not have or will continue to have. I just feel badly that a marraige with young children could not sustain itself. And it always serves as a reminder to me how very blessed my husband & I are and to be sure to tell ourselves that everyday.

May 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary - Houston, TX

Congratulations Gina Glynn and may God bless you with many more wonderful years together.

May 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • L.S.D.

Now those remarks are news worthy....good for you!!!!

May 4, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ash Cloud

I agree with you. I have been married for 20 yrs now. We have two kids. I cannot leave them. I can be unhappy with the marriage and yet continue the game until the kids grow up and move on then. They are the most important.

May 5, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  33. Leigh2

What a shame ~ for their children . Both of their children are under 10 and I guess that's better than them being teens and this happening ~ it's generally harder for teenagers. Anyhow, though the article says this is 'mutual', but I have a feeling it's probably one more than the other who has decided not to stay in the marriage. And I have a fairly good idea which one that would be, but I could be wrong. At any rate, I feel sad for the two children. Children always bear most of the fallout.

May 4, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  34. smthng2say

It was bound to happen, high school sweethearts? You can't possibly tell me that either one of them was not curious about other people. It seems like that might have been a big part of it since they say they still love each other – it's physical.

May 4, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  35. catmeow

Its their business.

May 4, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

It is OUR business ,since we make them rich and famous! when you go to in show business your life and everything about you, became people's business .... the show is making ratings because US!and you are reading the news and you are in this blog what a hypocrit you are! you are into their business like the rest of US!

May 4, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

not is not a duplicate and I didn't say that before I am responding to someone comment..why is this happenning?

May 4, 2012 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Tree

Which on of theose wh$&e he did the nasty with?

May 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Anton

Batch that.

May 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Skeptic

just shows the pressure this contrived gimmick show can create. Real love and togetherness can't happen on TV.

May 4, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  39. RES

Happy adults, kids loose. When will we start sacrificing our own interests for those of children.

May 4, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • LostinSLC

You don't think the kids will notice mom and dad hating each other if they stayed? That is not healthy either

May 4, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • L.S.D.

How do you know their kids are "loose"????

May 4, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. jj

Guess who will be the next bachelor? and he can host it too so they save money.

May 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Yoda

Hey Gwen....your hot Call me!!! I wish!!

May 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Jeff

I heard he is coming out of the closet soon.

May 4, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

By the way, I am coming out of the closet soon as well. I luv to pack fudge and I been lookin for some gayboyz to party with!!

May 4, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Graced

I know, she can be the next Bachelorette, and after the first show airs, they can helicopter him in as a spoiler for the rest of the group. Next.

May 4, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Ellen in CA

Do the words MID-LIFE CRISIS ring a bell?

May 4, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  45. justMe

He probably messed around with one of the women on the show.

May 4, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  46. chris

Wouldn't be amazing if he is the next bachelor?

May 4, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  47. Michael Peter Caliazzo

they will probably get back with one another.

May 4, 2012 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  48. gwnpress

Reblogged this on გ w ნ პ რ ე ს ი.

May 4, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  49. BK

they look just alike

May 4, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  50. Deb

High school sweethearts and married 18 years. Sounds like someone is gay to me. They never had a chance to explore (at least she probably didn't) and date others before committing. I never understand when people say they "love" each other and are committed to raising their children.... No one ever stays married anymore...it's just too hard to try and make it work and easier to wave goodbye.

May 4, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Ross

I think YOU are the gay one – and not too bright either....

May 4, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Dolores

50 % of all marriages are successful. I've been happily married for 34 years and counting. Good marriages just don't get much media or social attention.

May 4, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  51. LI fan

If they "happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and mutual admiration for each other,” why are they getting divorced?

Doesn't make sense.

May 4, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Lucygal

Okay fan, show me where you see that Chris and his wife are divorcing? Throughout this entire article, it states they are separating. I don't see any mention of divorce.

May 4, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Poolchick

It totally makes sense. Why be together in a relationship if you aren't totally happy and can be happier just as friends? I say good for them for putting their differences aside and are cival to one another for their sake and the kid's sake. Not too many people can do that because they let anger and spite get in the way.

May 4, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |