'West Wing' cast reunites for one last 'walk and talk'
May 2nd, 2012

'West Wing' cast reunites for one last 'walk and talk'

The cast of "The West Wing" is (briefly) together again, and you have Funny Or Die to thank.

The website rounded up familiar faces Martin Sheen, Allison Janney, Joshua Malina, Dulé Hill, Melissa Fitzgerald and William Duffy to star in a reunion video that doubles as a promotion for the health campaign Every Body Walk.

The crew do the patented "walk and talk" while spitting out rapid-fire dialogue about...well, the health promotion, but we'll take a "West Wing" reunion where we can get one.

The team try to sell President Bartlet (a welcome sight!) on the new "initiative" to get Americans to take a 30 minute walk each day in order to ward off a litany of health problems.

It's easy and free to do, but "convincing the American people to do something that's good for them?" "That's impossible," says President Bartlet.

Brainstorming ways to launch the initiative with the American public, they throw out the idea of "a show about walking and talking," but that was met with a resounding "no."

Nah, a show that featured a lot of walking wouldn't work. But a video showing the reunion of such a show just might.

Watch the clip at FunnyOrDie.com.

Filed under: television

1. firedup

Loved the show. Just read Rob Lowe's book. Stories I tell My friends. Doing West Wing was a dream come true. But they treated hiim like dirt. that's why he left. Other cast memebers got raises not him, they talked behind his back, he was to do a photo shoot with Martin, he got there they did it with another cast memebr and did't tell him. He was crushed. A guy can only take so much.

May 7, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  2. guest

Where is Mary Louise Parker?

May 4, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. nopenotbuyingit

we don't need another "whitehouse politics entertainment" show on tv.. you just have to turn on any of the big news org cable news shows to get that.. MSNBC.. CBS EVENING NEWS, CNN, ABC... who would try to risk actually money for cast & crew when you have it everyday 7 days a week?

May 3, 2012 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michael Peter Caliazzo

Wonderful show, is a reunion comming?

May 3, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. californiagirl1129

PLEASE bring West Wing back!!! It doesn't have to use all the same stars, just the great writers! The original writers if possible–they were GREAT. There is plenty of room for more drama in the White House. Have a Republican administration - or not, I don't care. I am a staunch Republican and I never saw anything that offended me in the least.

May 3, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • truebob

The show was riveting. It was the first time watching network television that I wouldn't take calls or have people over so I didn't miss a word, because every word mattered.

May 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heinz

Sweety, just leave the politics to the men folk. We really dont need to read a label for a female of "Staunch Republican" Just look pretty if you can and, well you know.....shut up.

May 3, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. AZGolfer

Who is the guy next to Dule Hill? Where are the other actors who starred in that great series? I miss that show. Sure hasn't been anything to equal it.

May 3, 2012 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • eric

Its either Ed or Larry...its was a running gag on the show that they were always in scenes together but they were never important enough for any of the other characters to remember which was which. Shame they couldn't both be there for this one :)

May 3, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  7. WeWantTheRainbowBack

*sigh*
    Remember the good ol' days when NBC made some decent well-written shows...
    Well, those days are over.

May 3, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tooquiet4me2005

Who the heck is William Duffy?

May 3, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. Dottie Heminger

I love "West Wing"! Why can I find DVD's of every other show EXCEPT "West Wing"?!
    Why is it not in syndication somewhere? The world thirsts for such comedic/dramatic brilliance.

May 3, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Pander Bear

Hi Dottie,

I'm a fan as well. Appears you can get the whole series here: http://www.amazon.com/The-West-Wing-Complete-Collection/dp/B000HC2LI0/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1336060039&sr=1-2

May 3, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Bill

I don't know what you're talking about, but the DVD's are out there. I saw them the other day at Best Buy. It's not exactly hard to find.

May 3, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • kake79

As recently as last year, Bravo aired it in the mornings. I'm not sure if they still do. And I have the whole series on DVD. Have you checked Amazon? It's for sale there.

May 3, 2012 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danielle

I bought the whole series on DVD at Walmart shortly after it ended so it is out there ~

May 3, 2012 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • ckennealy

Netflix has "The West Wing" DVDs.

May 4, 2012 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Chuck Rogers

All seasons are on Amazon Instant Video too!

October 30, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JillAmerican

Taking out my West Wing T-Shirt and starting to walk TODAY!

May 3, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jim O'Rourke

What a great commercial. Iwish we could bring them back to run our country. At least the seem believable.

May 3, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. Imissthemsomuch

I will walk an hour every day if they would bring back the West Wing. I miss that show so much. There hasn't been a single series that has been as witty, well written and acted since WW left. This series was epic. And I'd vote Bartlett every time!

May 3, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • EB

I agree! Definately one of the best dramas ever on TV. Intelligent, well written, interesting plots and a cast second to none. I say bring it back to TV. And I would vote for Bartlett or Martin Sheen!!

May 3, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Hermine

Please bring the shoe back,the show made think no way would I want to work in the White house.Our Presiident now it is not worth it

May 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Hey, I'm as big of a fan of that show as anyone, but c'mon. The show was over. There was no more story left. The only thing they could do was to go into the new administration, with almost a completely new cast, basically doing the same episodes that were done six or seven years ago. What plot development was left? The entire series was so stagnent by the end of the fifth season, that they had to skip a year in the plot line to get us into the Primary season sooner. I loved the show, but it was time for it to end.

May 3, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • scott

tis true...in my unemployed days i watched religiously on Bravo in the AM......DARN GOOD SHOW!!!!

May 3, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. marv

John Spencerdied of a heart attach shortly after he "had" a heart attach on the show. 5,000 steps a day can't hurt you.

May 3, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. hanelaine

GREAT to see them back again and so clever.....still...Bring 'em back

May 3, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. EJR2

This is not the real cast. Sheen and Janney are the only true original cast members. Bring back Rob Lowe, Bradley Whitford, John Spencer and Richard Schiff and you have the cast. This is like a modern day version of a Mo Town group tour – one guy from the original and some nobodys.

May 3, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • AUK618

Well aside from the fact that John Spencer is dead.

May 3, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
    • BeerBrewerDan

I agree, except Dule Hill started in episode 3. I give him a pass as an "original" cast member. Ok, he wasn't in Ep 1, but still. It's better than having "Mandy" by far!

May 3, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Roberta

OK. Obviously you didn't watch the show close enough. Dule joined the show in like the second or third episode of the first season. Melissa and William were minor characters that were on the show from the first season. Melissa played Allison's main secretary and was always present when she went into and came out of the press briefing room. William was one of the advisors that was always around Rob Lowe and Bradley Whitford's characters. Joshua didn't join the cast until towards the end of the third season when Rob left the show.

May 3, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • eric

Uh, Dule Hill was original cast...not the pilot, but every episode since...

May 3, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ponter B

Not bad, but I miss the interplay between Toby and Josh, or even Toby and Will.

May 3, 2012 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  17. Tim Schweska

A fantastic show reunites for a good cause. Good to see!

May 3, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  18. Plastic Nathaniel

It's easy to get your exercise when you have a daily walk all the way to the steam pipe trunk distribution venue.

May 3, 2012 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  19. Trumod

LOVE IT

May 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  20. JFritz

Bartlett for President! Oh, if only.

May 2, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. warren

FAt behind! Oh shanene!

May 2, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. sean

The West Wing was a lot of fun to watch. Everyone take the stairs in the mall not the escalator. Exercise is fun and more fun with a friend.

May 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  23. jloughra

Of course exercise is good for you and we all know that even just walking a few minutes a day will make a difference in our health in the long run..but what I really want is for West Wing to come back.. or a real reunion with all the characters. I loved West Wing! Please bring them back somehow!!!
    !