'The Voice' picks its final four
May 2nd, 2012

'The Voice' picks its final four

The coaches (and the voters) had some tough decisions ahead of them on Tuesday night's final elimination show on "The Voice."

First up, Christina Aguilera couldn't bear to choose between the operatic Chris Mann and the very original Lindsey Pavao. But it was easy to see that Chris' rendition of "Ave Maria" on Monday was going to bring in the votes, and that's exactly what happened.

I grew into a big fan of Lindsey's, but Chris is definitely Team Christina's best shot at winning it all.

True to his nature, Adam Levine played favorites by weighing Tony Lucca over Kristina Parker 60 to 40. That turned out to be enough, with the audience votes, to send him through to the finale. The former Mouseketeer has grown a huge fanbase, and I would not be surprised to see him win.

Blake Shelton, on the other hand, is not one to pull off the "60-40" thing, and he gave Erin Willett and Jermaine Paul equal points.

I have really liked Erin this season, but her performance on Monday was off-pitch for me. So it was no surprise to see Jermaine get a spot in the final four.

The toughest choice of all came down to Cee Lo Green, and I was honestly surprised to see him give Juliet Simms 60 points to Jamar Rogers' 40. Both singers had a lot of fans, but Cee Lo kept with his belief that Juliet had the best performance of Monday night (she really did blow the roof off the place with "It's a Man's World").

And so, a teary-eyed Juliet was sent into the "man's world" of the final four. She is definitely a dark horse, but I would not be disappointed at all if she won.

Which of the returning "Voice" season 1 contestants impressed you the most on Tuesday? (Still a fan of Dia Frampton here.) Share your iReport video or comment below.

1. Randall

I loved Juliet Simms! And I voted for her on voteisland.com public opinion poll! Here's the link:

May 9, 2012 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  2. Numbers

Did anyone else do the math and realize that Katrina Parker had the audience vote over Tony Lucca? If Adam had given them 50-50, then it would have been Katrina. Personally, I preferred her over Tony, who just isn't that distinctive to me, although I think both are talented. I think Juliet has great stage presence but needs to work on her vocals - she has great moments but other times is really off. I just hope she does take some voice lessons to learn how to use her voice and protect it, because I fear that she is going to blow out her voice the way she abuses it. Jermaine Paul also has great performances, and Chris Mann has a wonderful voice, but I have to say that I would be surprised if either of them wins. It would be a refreshing surprise if Chris Mann won, but I doubt that will happen. I suspect Juliet Simms is going to take the contest.

May 8, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. booked

My fave from the start was Pip on Adams team. i almost cried when he got voted off

May 4, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tara

First of all....I was quite happy with the final four based on what was available. I've liked Tony since the day he stepped onto the stage,......no wait.... thats not true! I liked him from the mouseketeer days! But I guess Im showing my age! I'm glad that the people left are not AI material because that would just be wrong!!!! Anyway, Juliet came upon me 2 weeks ago and blew me away. She's incredible and yes this generations Janis Joplin. I'm not sure what Duke Ellington graduate is saying up there....but then again I really didnt know there was a Duke Ellington school so Im not sure its so reputable! Come back to me when you graduate from Julliard or some place I've heard of. Anyway, moving along. Jermaine has got a real shot at this thing. BUT he's been so underrated and well... has Blake for a coach so his chances may be slim! Chris Mann has this beautiful voice but the older dude (his name escapes me) wouldve been a sure thing but stupid Christina got rid of him! Btw....am I the only one sick of Carson saying "the one and only Christina Aguilera"???? Duhhhh we know who she is and thank god there's only 1 of her! Overall, its gonna be Tony..... He's got the votes, the fans and the music insiders that will help him! He wont fade away! If weirdo Chris fr NSYNC doesnt wanna com bk for a reunion, I think Justin & JC will bring their buddy along!

May 4, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Samantha

Juliet sounds a mess. I'm a vocalist graduated from Duke Ellington school of arts as a vocal major. I'm so sick and tired of evey one trying to either sound like Adele, Or hollering and screaming. I think her " it's a mans world" performance was average. I wouldn't buy anything she record. Jamar is going to be alright he has talent.

May 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lola

Juliet is certainly this generation's Janice Joplin. Amazing stage presence and charisma. The boys don't have a chance!

May 4, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. SAL

Juliet has the whole package-gruff and edgy voice that is missing in today's music...a true rocker!!! She is AMAZING!! The best think about her is her heart! GO JULIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU TRULY ROCK!!

May 3, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. dtcpr

I was SHOCKED when CeeLo gave Juliet more points! I wasn't abig fan of hers until this week, she blew my mind adn it was the first time I ever wanted to go on I-tunes and buy a song. She is amazing. <3 her.

I don't like how rushed this season feels

May 3, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • moon627

i wasnt shocked at all – Juliet is going to win it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

May 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jaymo

Tony Lucca is cheesy and terrible and should not be in the finals. Jermaine is good and has a shot of winning. Chris Mann has a great voice but he's not so impressive outside his opera singing. And Juliet is amazing and should win! She has a unique rock voice and has star power. CeeLo's team definately killed the other teams this season.

May 2, 2012 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Just Sayn

JayMo,
      I totally agree with you 100%, Juliett Sims should take this year... She is a Stevie Nicks, a Janis Joplin, I just love her voice and she is so humble... Just love her........ Jermaine, is also a bomb... Good Luck to Both I really hope Juliett WINS

May 3, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. HiDsrtGrrl

I was sad to see Lindsey go, but even sadder to see Tony Lucca stay.

May 2, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  11. T

The VOICE sucks..........Christina Aguilera know not want she do. When she voted off the older guy that was sleeping in his car.....that had the VOICE. She always say I have to go with my HEART. What the heart got to do with it. Go by your ears. She SUCKS.....................................

May 2, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • changed4Him

The "older man" is Jesse Campbell and he is a great talent! I didn't feel his coach really coached him. It is true, he didn't demonstrate a lot of versatility but I believe that was not communicated well to him. He struck me as the kind of person that would try anything he was asked to do. I hope he continues to pursue a professional career!

May 8, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. VTX

Chris Mann should do Queen's "Who Wants to Live Forever" If he wants a chance to win!!

May 2, 2012 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. Kathleen Anderson

Juliet blew the roof off the building. She is this generation's Janis Joplin.

May 2, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |