Selena Gomez 'duets' with Selena on tribute album
April 27th, 2012

Selena Gomez 'duets' with Selena on tribute album

Beloved deceased singer Selena isn't being resurrected as a hologram, as we'd hoped, but fans can hear her sing again - and she's doing it with another popular Selena: the teen star Selena Gomez.

The chart-topping Latin songstress died tragically in 1995 when Gomez was a mere toddler. Now 19, Gomez has recorded a "duet" with the late Selena on the tribute album "Enamorada De Ti," and Selena's brother A.B. is singing Gomez's praises.

"She did an amazing job," he told E! of Gomez's work on the record, adding that Gomez "was named after my sister. That's pretty awesome."

She did such a great job that A.B. is hoping to work with the young actress/singer again soon, and it sounds like Gomez would be up for it: She told Just Jared Jr. that she had a great time working on the duet.

"I was completely honored when they asked me to be on the tribute CD, and when I went into the studio to record, they actually had her vocals... so I felt like she was singing right next to me," Gomez recalled. "It gave me chills! It was incredible."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Gappreals

It is possible to speak infinitely on this question.
    thanks...

June 25, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. Skeptic

Where the heck is otter space? You can't even find the caps lock key!

April 30, 2012 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. david b conway

dear web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to here is that and to the ex,disney star selena marie gomez i just what to say i just can,t not be a big fan to selena gomez , just because off her boy friend web site of justin bieber zone fansite just told me that im not allowed to be her fan just because i am not a teenaager ,just because this year i will be 50 years of age , and i am not allowed to be her fan im to old that is what they say to me , love david b conway

April 30, 2012 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. GUAYANILLENSA

IT IS SOOO SAD THAT THERE ARE IGNORANT PEOPLE OUT THERE ! YOU WILLNEVER BE WHAT THIS LATIN YOUNG LADY IS TO THE LATIN COMUNITY TO THE LATIN TEENS TO OUR TEENS TO THE WORLD! IF YOU CANNOT SAY ANYTHING NICE DO NOT SAY IT WHY R PEOPLE RACIST AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE ALL THE SAME WE ARE NOT FROM OTTER SPACE AND WE ALL HAVE THE SAME SKY OVER OUR HEAD! BUT ALSO HOW LOQ CAN YOU GO TALKING CRAP ABOUT THIS GIRL ... NOT WORTH MY TIME PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS BE IGNORANT! BUT WILL NEVER BE WHAT BOTH SELENAS REPRESENTE TO THIER AND MY LATINO PEOPLE

April 29, 2012 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. Billy Jack

Hey selina o m f g s t f u! What nonsense take your culture back where it BELONGS

April 29, 2012 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • taketwo

And which culture might that be? You do know that she has two of them. Why is it that people like you who don't how to really say something bad bring up, race and culture? Is your culture better than hers?

May 2, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Justin

Please don't feed the troll, Linda.

April 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Linda Dietzel

Are these disgusting comments about Selena Gomez singing a tribute album.. WHAT, I just don't understand why..first of all you are using such childish-juvenile trashy language to her, and secondly, why, she is a wonderful actress and singer. Why so much hate. Jealous? If I am misunderstanding something, please someone tell me and I will back off. But, regardless of what this is about, there is a much better way to get your point across.

April 27, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Richard Fore

I hope your son gets date raped by a girls this weekend.

April 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Richard Fore

Cun licking piece of sh|t

April 27, 2012 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Richard Fore

Fu<k your mamas pu55y

April 27, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Richard Fore

I hope someone pees in your Cheerios this weekend.

April 27, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |