April 27th, 2012

Overheard: Taylor Swift should star in a 'Grease' remake

It's probably only a matter of time before "Grease" joins "Footloose" and "Dirty Dancing" as classic films being remade for a new generation, and Olivia Newton-John knows it.

The 63-year-old actress told "Showbiz Tonight's" A.J. Hammer that she's not opposed to the idea of a "Grease" remake, and even has an idea on who could star in her role as Sandy:

"I'm sure they'll try [a remake], and I think it would probably do well because people would be curious. But there's something about the originals... that people still want to see. But I'm sure they'll do it, and they'll do an updated version, and it'll be great. Lately, I've thought Taylor Swift could probably [play Sandy], because she's very talented. And my daughter, I've always thought she could."

What do you think of the idea of a "Grease" remake? And do you agree that Taylor Swift would be a good pick?

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. Dennis

There is no way in this world that Taylor Swift could play Sandy. She don't sing that well, she can't dance and NO acting experience. If that were to happen I and and another million folks would not go see it. My vote to play Sandy is without a doubt HALEY REINHART.

May 22, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Poetry

Hey there, You've done an incredible job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.

May 3, 2012 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. Roberta

It's already been done...a lot! High School Musical 1, 2, and 3!

April 30, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jillmarie

Please remake it! I know of course it won't be the same. That said- I'd love for Zac Efron to step into the role of Danny. Taylor's a great choice! Olivia still looks great- she should play Sandy's mom, and Danny should be the dad!
    I don't care if others disagree- my fingers are crossed they make an new version of this fun, musical comedy.

April 28, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Get over yourself

Oh brother, shut up with the "dont remake it" as much as you guys dont want to see it, millions of people still do. Who cares what you think "oh it's not the original" "they're just going it for the money" of course they are stupid! IT MAKES MONEEEYYYYY No one cares what you all think. Get over it and get over yourself...nuff said, u mad bro?

April 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Louie

Isn't she like six feet tall? I remember John Travolta picking up Olivia and swinging her all around. That would be hard to do with someone that tall even if she is skinny. Enough of the remakes. Get some new material.

April 27, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mmm

Why fix something that is not broken. Just like with Footloose, Hairspray. Enough with remakes.

April 27, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. KL

Taylor can't dance.

April 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. pm

The writers went on strike a few years ago, so the Studios simply replaced original screenplays with "reality TV" and re-makes of old movies. There hasn't been many truely original movies in years and when Hollywood and the television studios do make something original, it usually does well at the box office and in the ratings. I think the same 10 people are making all of the decisions in Hollywood, none of them have a creative bone in their body.

April 27, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. JellyBean

Oh dear god, what did Olivia-Newton John do to her face?

April 27, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jurby

Enough of the remakes, Hollywood!!! I already lived through the 80's and 90's and don't need nor want to see remakes of what's already been made and milked to death!!!! What is wrong with you Hollywood? Have all the writers lost their creativity? If so, get new writers!!!

April 27, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. James

Just DON'T do it, please! Enough with the remakes!

April 27, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |