While you were working...
April 25th, 2012

While you were working...

[By the by, we noticed some of you like to have a little fun in this post. And that's fine by us! We're more than happy to offer you a spot to catch up with other readers. In fact, from here on out, this'll be the "free" post -- come here and chat (responsibly) about topics unrelated to what's been up that day. This way, you guys can meet and greet here, leaving the comments on other posts to focus solely on the topic at hand. Have at it!]

Today's news you might've missed:

• "Gossip Girl" EP Joshua Safran is trading in the (over-extended, and need to end soon) travails of know-it-all GG's Upper East Side/sometimes Brooklyn for the just-as-soapy behind-the-scenes drama of Broadway: He's the pick to executive produce the second season of "Smash." [NYT]
  • We could never afford anything Carrie & Co. set their eyes on in HBO's "Sex and the City," and that apparently applies to real life as well. The Manhattan townhome that Sarah Jessica Parker's character lived in has sold for $9.85 million. [People]
  • Drew Barrymore has said nothing about any of this, mind you, but the actress/producer is rumored to be planning a June wedding, on top of supposedly expecting a baby. [Us Weekly]
  • Don't eff with Lionel Richie, music industry. The singer's still holding on to the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 with "Tuskegee." [Billboard]
  • It looks like "Toy Story 3" director Lee Unkrich's next Pixar project will have a fear factor: The movie, tentatively titled "Dia de los Muertos," will have something to do with the Mexican holiday. [EW]
  • And now, for some new "Beach Boys" music:

Filed under: While you were working

1. grant database access to user in sql server

I really like your writing style, superb information, thank you for putting up :D. "All words are pegs to hang ideas on." by Henry Ward Beecher. grant database access to user in sql server http://charityfunding01.webnode.com/

March 12, 2013 at 6:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. davidw

Hi everyone,
    Looks like things have been going pretty well today.
    I have a suggestion, and a bit of a challenge for all of you.

I'll start with the challenge: I dare all of you to use one identity (avatar name, picture) when you post here for the rest of the week. I think that everyone will enjoy being here more if you know who you're talking to.

Here's my suggestion: I want to encourage everyone to at least try to keep the discussion here loosely related to entertainment news. If it does slip off topic a bit, that's cool, but try to bring it back around, so other people don't feel excluded.
    Thanks,
    David

April 26, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Good idea, but let me ask a question? My comment on the smurf blog was completely on that topic & you deleted it. On the Kutcher blog I replied to someone, just a funny w/no bad words, & that was deleted. Someone said something similar on same blog, (I said "behind" & he said a**) his is still there. I don't understand...? What did I say that wasn't acceptable?

April 26, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • davidw

I removed those because I got a complaint from a user that the comments were referring to another commenter's user name. I apologize if that was not the intent.

April 26, 2012 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Hi again! My intent? I simply said that we saw the smurf movie over spring break, it was cute, & the evil smurfette would be a good addition to the new movie...? I had no intent, just making a comment. (Shrugging shoulders) So I guess I offended someone by saying red foreman will be there after he gets his foot outta someone's "behind", too? Ok. Thanks for your reply.

April 26, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Evel Knievel

Why are you idiots posting things with my name in them? I rarely come here anymore, but it's nice to see that you all miss me so much.

April 26, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. oh, never mind

@&%+()-_~/???$=@

April 26, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  5. Get a room RETURNS (@ davidw)

Drew Barrymore having a baby and getting married? Yeah, didn't see that one coming (no sarcasm).

Lionel Richie is a classic... love "Say You, Say Me"

As for my only off-topic part of the comment... thank you, David. If you are truly who you say you are, thank you. I can see the blogs are cleaned up a lot now.

April 26, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Well hey there, long time no see! Hope your doing well. Yes, it appears the blogs are getting cleaned up, I hope it stays that way. Time will tell. On topic (lol), can ya imagine having $9.85 mill to spend on a house? Geeze, I wonder how much prop taxes run? I guess that doesn't matter when ya have that kind of $. (Sigh) Must be nice. Good day to ya!

April 26, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Get a room (@ .•|•.)

I wouldn't want a target on my back, so buying a home worth that much money is a little too excessive for me. I like to keep things simple. I live a life of moderation.

Sorry to sound rude, but who were you? I know you changed your alias. Either way, it's refreshing to see the old faces back including yourself. I know you have been posting under this alias for some time but never actually knew who you were, lol.

April 26, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Sorry 'bout that, it's Peace. I wouldn't want a big, expensive house, but a lot of x-tra cash in the bank would be great! :)

April 26, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. Hey there

Hey, check this out.

April 26, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. Hey there

Hello.

April 26, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. amazed & astounded

well david, just like our current government, you have implemented changes "to make things better", but they have gotten worse. Reverse order sux, and letting these clowns turn this into their own little chat room is what 98% of us were against all along. nice job.

April 26, 2012 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Måd

You are the 98%!

April 26, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • boo hoo

How have they got worse ? I dont see ppl being called crude names or any of that garbage. The only one calling names is u. If u dont like this paticular blog, skip it. Ninety eight percent ? Who'd u poll ? I dont get u, u were one of the chatterers. I see cc, peace and goofy gina didnt have a conversation on here last nite. They could of and they didnt. Must be they really do talk outside of blog. Do urself a favor, get over it, move on and see what happens. Are u mature enuff for that ?

April 26, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  9. davidw

Someone asked if I was going to be a regular participant in these blogs. I will be keeping an eye on things, but I'm hoping that I can mostly just be a lurker.
    It's your community, so I want y'all to drive the discussions.
    I've inserted myself into the conversation to nudge things back on track, but I don't want to dominate things.
    If you ever have questions or concerns you can email me at david.williams@cnn.com.

April 26, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  10. davidw

Good morning everyone. It's nice to see such a lively discussion.
    A couple of people had questions overnight, so let me go ahead and answer them.

We switched the comment order so that new comments show up on top because we wanted to make it easier to see that there's an active conversation going on. Having the first comment on top every time you return to the post makes it feel a little stale. Hopefully you'll like it once you get used to it.

The comment order thing is strange. I think what is happening is that when you reply to a comment your response shows up next to the comment in the thread. I'm not sure about that though. I'm doing some research on that.

April 26, 2012 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. amazed & astounded

so now we all see he never left (he who shall not be named). he has lurked here all along. then he makes his final post (followed by several more) THIS IS THE PROBLEM. i wish i had a dollar for every time i was trolled or had my name hijacked by one of his minions. DavidW, are you paying attention?

April 26, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • boo hoo

U think ur the only one that got trolled ? U trolled more ppl then any one. Take ur pity party elsewhere. U my dear are the only one trying to cause trubles.

April 26, 2012 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  12. wow

Vixen-nobody cares about you & evel. May you live happily ever after. Why would you even think we'd care anyway? your lives are your business, and frankly, you are not worth the time. The trouble maker part, well, that 's you, my dear. You reap what you sow. The funny thing , you trolls did this to yourselves. Jokes on you!

April 26, 2012 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. @Peace

Why bring evel and me into this tonight? Don't compare us to you people. You and your friends got what you wanted. Why keep stiring the pot and causing trouble?

April 26, 2012 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. wow

Man, somebody really hit a nerve! Do you really believe the crap you type? Do you really think we don't know this is you? How gullible do you think we are? Lol. Lol. Lol.

April 26, 2012 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. @1:12

thought you were leaving charlie? Never to come back. guess not. Lol. How many times have we heard that. I know you and your mom will be back bc you're looking for a fight but i'm not. So just remember in a few weeks or months, when karma comes back at you or one of your friends, remember how bad you wanted this blog for you and your friends and, what you did to get it. Sometimes, God (and I don't think you believe in him) has a way of taking things/people away from you in a blink of an eye. Just remember what games you played and trouble you caused w/ppl on here just to prove something to people and to get this blog for you and your friends to come chat.

April 26, 2012 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  16. .•|•.

Look BV, IDK which part of my comment you didn't get. I think it's cool you & Evel are friends. I think it's cool I made good friends. I didn't bad mouth you & Evel, so wth is your beef w/me? Also, where exactly is all this chatting my "crew" & I do, anyways? I had a few quick words w/Mad yesterday, big deal! So again I say, wth is your beef w/me?

April 26, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  17. TT

@12:55- all Peace said was that they were friends. Why would you go after her for that? Why does that bother you so much? Hmmn, I wonder. Protest too much, I think. This blog is open to everyone. It doesn't just belong to the trolls. It is nice to know that we should feel safe to post again.

April 26, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  18. Måd

None of us were particularly bothered when the trolls just trolled randomly, on the celebrities as well as other posters, even if it was occasionally on us. Some of it was actually pretty funny. But the real issues seemed to arise when the troll became obsessed and started hijacking peoples name, he went completely off the deep end at a certain point. Good to see this place getting cleaned up. Just please whatever you do, don't set up the Marquee how Political Ticker is with pre-moderated comments. It'd break this place.

Hi Charlie, hope everythings going well for you!

April 26, 2012 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Hi Mad! I'd love to sit & chat, but, my alarm is gonna go off soon! Lol! Maybe catch ya tomor, oh wait, today. ;)

April 26, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  19. Lmao

He still comes on here bragging..lol

April 26, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  20. GoofyGina

Oops! I didn't think that would get posted.. sorry! LOL I noticed a change on the postings.. recent comments show up first. Also, comments are not showing up in order of time they were posted?? Am I the only one with this problem?

April 26, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  21. he won't

Stay away. peace and cc back in 3, 2 ...

April 26, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  22. GoofyGina

Argghhh!!

April 26, 2012 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  23. @dude, really?

Yea, I remember that too. That's just like cc thou. He couldn't handle what came back at him so just like a little boy he would tell on his mom. This time he took it to CNN. A real man wouldn't have run to CNN. @CNN, WYWW wasn't always on here. Maybe a year the most. All the trouble started with cc and his friends. Watch CNN won't post my comment because I tell the truth. @peace.. you don't see BV and Evel chatting on here like the rest of your crew. So you need to get your facts straight (fill in the blank..i'm sure you know the word). CNN ...double standards

April 26, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Hmmm, maybe you should read my comment over. I never said they chatted here. I said they made friends & I thought that was great. On that note, fill in your own blank.

April 26, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  24. blu

Seems more peaceful here...

April 26, 2012 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  25. dude, really?

i recall a time cc made threats of drive-by shootings and other hateful things.

April 25, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

That's true, but, do you remember what was being said to charlie to make him that angry? That was some awful, nasty, hurtful things being said to him. Now had he been able to reach thru the 'puter, that would have been a diff story. Lol! He truly is a decent man.

April 26, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Lou Cypher

another thinly veiled threat of violence. Some people never change.

April 26, 2012 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  26. charlie crack

Hi haters.....I came, I saw.....I liked what I saw....
    Anyway. Hello all. I am sure ya'll have had a good time bashing my name while I haven't been on here but about 3 times since November. I do know that I met a great group of people that are now my family and for all that don't like it, I could care less. I will say that every comment I ever made was positive and always toward being uplifting rather than negative. I did defend people when they were called scandalous names and just down right being treated like garbage.
    ...........I will be saying goodbye for good now........not even in 5 months will you see me post anything further. I have taken my beating and so have my others.......time for ya'll to quit......I am busy and have now shown that things can be done when you know the right people.....by the way....Seattle, WA is a beautiful city when the sun sets..........Ya know.......so is Michigan. Goodbye all, even the hate mongers........I will let CNN handle you. Try and be nice to one another.......go do good for the community, make money, toy drives, hand out food to the homeless. Be a beacon of something other than hate. Be safe, Be good........

April 25, 2012 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

(My apologies for my second post I assure you I am gone after this).
      Much thanks to CNN and the people behind the scenes that have cleaned up this blog. It is admirable and I appreciate all of your efforts. If anyone wants to contact me, feel free to: aspennrath@jive.records.com. I assure you that it is monitored much more strict than a blog and CNN has you pinned. For booking information contact: Jazmine Wright at jwright@jive.records.com.
      .........in response for one last hoorah....the real charlie crack does not participate in drive by shootings or hurting anything in his community. If you really knew him, that would be crystal clear......make money man....
      .........to the rest like I said "Goodbye" I just had to leave my contact info. For those that want to hide, I am not one. I no longer have a reason to.......May 1st, just one year ago I bumped into this blog. Then I bumped into real family and real friends that are going somewhere.....do the same for yourself.........Be safe, Be good but this time also know it Be "good-bye"

April 26, 2012 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Get a room (@ charlie crack)

You could've just said "I'll let CNN handle you guys." No offense. I agree with your comment but it's pretty excessive posting that.

April 26, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  27. TT

@well here is- people have chatted on this thread for years. You don't see it on the other ones. Generally, they commented on topic first, then whatever was being discussed. Why is that such a horrible concept to you? Since they all hooked up, there has been hardly any chatting. Actually, they seem to hardly post at all. You keep harping on them like they are to blame for all the trouble on this blog. You know that is not the case. Can't you just drop it? It would really be nice to have some peace for a change. Now, has anyone seen the 3 stooges or john carter yet? Your opinion?

April 25, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. .•|•.

@David W, thank you. Will you be commenting w/us from time to time?

April 25, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Well here is ..

.. a thought. Why don't you just make the whole Marquee just so these people can come on here and chat about their everyday lives. Really, do we need to know who is getting nails done, vegas trips, who's working on an old car, when school ends for somone, shouting hellos out to the same people over and over? To h3// with what 96% of what the other bloggers want. I thought that's what facebook was for and why some exchanged email addresses. Yea CNN, screw what the other bloggers want just to please a few.

April 25, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Why don't------>

you allow them to correct the issue one step at a time? And I for one love reading the blog for gossip on celebrities and fun tidbits. If you don't that's your choice. Move on.

April 25, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

We did exchange e-mails/ph #'s, we chat w/each other all the time, so what? Do we do it here? Ummm, no. Evel & BV made friends, should any of us have a prob w/that? Ummm, no. I think it's great! No one can have enough friends. Now for shouting out a how's it going to bloggers, no big deal is it? I don't have a way to get a hold of, oh say, Mad. I have no choice but to say hey, here. I'm sorry that annoys you. Seriously, who does all the off topic commenting here? Lol Certainly not the trolls.

April 25, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. nobody

Wants to here about people's personal lives on here. You really are a sad person if this is what you set out to do.

April 25, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Dude, let's cool it down and let things slide. You have a personal life don't you. (Notice I'm not trashing you and saying you don't). Well so do I and all on this blog I would say. So, give it a rest. Let live man. New motto.

April 25, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • davidw

Your feedback is noted. I must say though that it would be more valuable if you hadn't been making racist and vulgar comments on the site.
      Thanks

April 25, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nobody.....

wants to be called racist epithets or made fun of because of orientation. Go on brother. New blog and @davidw will prove that to you. He's already gotten you all to stop the hate within twenty four hours. On topic: Love Gossip Girl, Leighton Meester is just so hot! As a 16yr old high school student that you blame for ugly posts. I shun that stigma. You should too.

April 25, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

it will not happen again @davidw. I'm really apologetic.

April 25, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  31. dude, really?

well now, what are the trolls gonna do with all their new-found free time?

April 25, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. I'm sorry.....

to inform you that there was no "gang". They were people being people and discussing what goes on day to day. Sometimes about what occurred "while they were working". You have branded them and been hostile to any of those nice to each other the whole while. Thank you David Williams. And, as you can see. Mr. Williams has wit and could more than likely put you trolls to shame.
    -erusku@yahoo.com

April 25, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • .•|•.

Wow! On behalf of the friends I've made here (I'm sure they agree)& myself, thank you. That was really nice. :) " Peace"

April 25, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • May 1st a year ago

Who do u think initiated this? Ha haaaaa. I told them. Over and over. I have more to do than fight with trolls. Be safe, be good......

April 25, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • "mom"

I simply was checking in on progress. See it has worked. I cannot engage in negative racist hateful social media and won't have to. "Mr. Williams" is a great guy and has the trolls in a headlock. I love it. Lmao lololololol

April 25, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  33. @davidw

Well, I'm watching Ed right now. Getting my political fix in. Question, are you going to get rid of all those videos, too? They are really annoying.

April 25, 2012 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  34. @davidw

Thanks david! I wish you would have done this a long time ago. We are all sick of the constant trolling. Thanks again!

April 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  35. davidw

In the spirit of getting to know each other better, what's everyone watching on TV tonight?

April 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Get a room (@davidw)

Usually, I just keep myself updated on stuff through this site. But in all honesty, I don't really watch a lot of these shows on TV. I am a very huge music buff so I tend to watch the channels that play music (NOT MTV) to get my fix of music. I pretty much listen to any genre except most country and heavy metal.

April 26, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean

I'm on my third season of Fringe. Great stuff.

April 26, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  36. davidw

I talked to the Entertainment producers today and our goal is to turn the "While you were working" blog into a safe space where people can talk about pretty much whatever they want.
    As a trade-off, we're asking everyone to stay on topic when you visit other posts.

We are hoping that that's a win-win for everyone.

April 25, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hey there@davidw

What an awesome change. Too bad it did not come sooner. I originally posted as CN Red. I want to apologize to you and Observer for throwing him the finger. Completely out of line. But love the new change. Bravo!

April 26, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  37. davidw

Hi this is David again,
    I'm CNN.com's friendly neighborhood community manager.
    I just saw Cees/Madison/Trolls Rule's comment justifying trolling and I had a question.
    Since you are running at least 3 of the 6 identities on this thread right now, aren't you just trolling yourself?

I don't think you can justify the racist comments you made on the Kardashian story.

April 25, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  38. @ Trolls Rules

*Well said* now i will response in a humanly manner because I won't have to come on here and have to hear about other people's private lives. Took you long enough CNN to do something about it.

April 25, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Trolls Rule

I think the trolls are necessary at times,they got rid of an arrogant gang a while back and another one that never got off the ground.

April 25, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Trolls Rule

There are other ways to get people to comment on-topic other than "trolling." I think that's a poor excuse for you to find ways to annoy people and to get attention directed at yourself. I know you're not a child (as my one friend noted most "trolls" are ranging from 15-27 and maybe even higher so I'm not going to label you a child automatically).

April 26, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  40. dude, really?

the people who got trolled the most (and this goes way back) were the ones using this blog as their own personal message board

April 25, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Red Foreman

after all the chaos caused by the off-topic busybodies, cnn has caved. way to go!

April 25, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Red Foreman

You do realize certain people yesterday were getting their butts trolled off. Don't blame the name. Blame the troll who was behind it.

April 25, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Madison Brookes

Why is no one commenting?Oh still tearing into Beyonce ehh?Get over it.People have so many problems of their own and yet they let something said about wealthy celebrities screw up their whole day,sad.

April 25, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |