April 25th, 2012

Tyra Banks, former 'ANTM' co-stars speak on shuffle

Nigel Barker, (Miss) J. Alexander and Jay Manuel are off "America's Next Top Model," but it sounds like everyone's ready to move forward.

Barker has already said that he's looking forward to the other ventures he can dabble in post-"ANTM," and J. Alexander told "Showbiz Tonight's" A.J. Hammer that he thought the time had come to part ways.

"I think it’s time that we actually just kind of go on," he said. And while he might've been "a bit annoyed" had he not discussed it with "ANTM" host/judge/exec producer Tyra Banks, but they "spoke on the phone so I’m good," he said. "I’m so, so good."

Barker said the writing of what was to come was faintly on the wall. "There’s no doubt, I was certainly not expecting it," he said of his dismissal, "but it’s something that I had inklings about and certainly over the years I was warned that perhaps I’d be replaced earlier."

And Ms. Banks? She told "Access Hollywood" that they'd "reached a point where we feel that the show needs a new boost.... It's very difficult, because I love my guys. They've been there since the beginning of the show."

But they're not disappearing altogether, Banks said. "My partner Ken Mok and I, we have projects we're developing, and we're a family, so it doesn't end," she added.

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. mary

After next season antm will be cancelled!

April 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Gifty ArmahName*

I really lice ut show n will want to be like u one day

April 27, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. HikerChick

I didn't even know this show was still on. Loved it in the beginning, but it just got old.

April 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Demi

I think this was a BIG MISTAKE, the judges played a key role in the show. I am not interested in watching the show anymore, too much drama!!!

April 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nana

Wednesdays on CBS @9 PLS HELP SAVE TOPMODEL

May 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tc

I stopped watching shortly after Janice Dickenson left. The show was never good after she left.

April 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dee

This show died a long time ago.

April 26, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. Anita

This show's been limping along for years now. What Tyra is failing to see is that SHE needs to change on the show. Nigel I felt was really worthwhile as an experienced photographer, J. Manuel had worth as an experienced art-director...now, Ms. J (no offense to him/her) I could totally live without...but for me getting rid of the other two was a mistake. Tyra has the same STUPID schpeel every friggin week...it NEVER changes. I realize this show is Tyra's baby, but she makes this show too much about HER too. Giving these girls stupid super hero names, pushing her "book" on the show, doing a video teaser for her "book" (which btw, that video sucked...you have to admit it, it was horrible.)...and being a "guest photographer." It comes off as too much "me, me, me, me, me"...but lets not look at me as the cause for staleness in this show...lets just get rid of everyone else.

Tyra has enough on her plate now with her other ventures that she needs to take a step back, produce the show...be a judge on the show...but let someone else take the lead. She can still be a presence, guest photographer, advice-giver, but let someone else take the spotlight. I've actually enjoyed last nights show a bit more with the Publicist being front & center more...I think having someone like that, someone whose job it is to head-hunt for clients, someone who KNOWS what others are looking for guest host for each season could be really interesting, but make it a different host each season.

April 26, 2012 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. tonic

This show died awhile ago – it's become more and more and more of a joke with each season. They should've left 3 seasons ago.

April 26, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  8. j

The show is done. These are the only real, likable people on the show. The woman they have now is in PR not in modeling. She is unlikeable and could only model eating a Ho Ho. Tyra with all her contrivances (her silly book, pot ledom, booty tooch) has been reaching desperately lately and it shows. And who had the bright idea, during a recession with hi job loss, to bring foreign people into the plot and have them possibly win America's Next Top Model? If a Brit wins it's not American at all. So all of these things don't seem to point to the people who got canned as the culprits. Hmmmm, who could it be? Tyra! and her 'creative' team. The show is done for.

April 26, 2012 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Anita

While I agree I liked the other three, I disagree about your take on the Publicist this season. While she's not all that likeable really...being a PR person, she head-hunts for big clients looking for models, she KNOWS what the are looking for and she's quite experienced at recognizing it. If these girls on the show are smart...they are asking her questions about what she feels they need to work on.

I definitely agree about this season tho, bringing in Brits for ANTM....doesn't feel right. I have nothing against the British girls at all but this just feels like the show is trying too hard to be something it's not.

April 26, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. MoonBee828

The show will suck with out them, then again its been sucking the last few seasons. It's time to give it up.

April 26, 2012 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. Pantherontherunway

Okay I was so sad when ALT replaced Miss J, but I learned to love him.
    The show MUST have Mr. Jay! omg how will it even work without him

April 26, 2012 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. SKY

IT WAS TIME TO MOVE ON....I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO JUDGE ME THE WAY I WALK OR DRESS WHEN
    THEY COME ON LOOKING LIKE A CLOWN OR WEARING OUT DATED CLOTHES, SMALL SUITS, WAXED
    OUTDATED HAIR CUTS.....PLEASE

April 26, 2012 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  12. tayra hanks

Id love to have my ft long woman tamer in tyra

April 26, 2012 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. Karen

Those three almost always hit the nail on the head when they were evaluating the contestants- unlike some of the other judges that we have seen...... I will miss them and I think it was a terrible decision! I'll miss Jay and Miss Jay the most! They were always so interactive with the contestants!

April 25, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. justsane

i guess that there is no longer any reason to watch the show...and i was a huge fan1

April 25, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dude, really?

when will they pull the plug on this dreck completely and put something more worthwhile in its place?

April 25, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • John W.

Meanwhile, with literally thousands of other articles you could click on and comment about, your immediate interest took you to this one.

April 26, 2012 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  16. Dominicnd

Lost one viewer. Those three had personality. Plus Nigel made my knees hurt. Tyra says the same thing over and over and over. Good luck guys and miss jay!!!

April 25, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • nana

pls help save antm cuz this show brought us an intimidating world relable to our rooms.

May 1, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Baily Joston

Another strong powerful black woman on this blog today come on haters,commence fire!!!

April 25, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |