April 23rd, 2012
03:41 PM ET
According to reports, two Cuban youths featured in a new film about three teens fleeing Cuba for a better life have disappeared inside the United States.
The Huffington Post reports that the movie's lead trio - all of whom are 20 years of age - landed in Miami Wednesday to participate in a screening of their film, "Una Noche," at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City, but two of them disappeared after their plane landed.
According to reports, Anailin de la Rua de la Torre and Javier Nunez Florian are nowhere to be found.
They were supposed to have flown from MIA to NYC on Friday.
Instead, the remaining actor – Dariel Arrechada, pictured above - is now confirming he is the lone rep for the film. “I’m here alone in New York,” he told the HuffPo. He added to the publication that he doesn’t know where his co-stars jetted off to, and that he plans to go back to Cuba when his visa for the festival expires “in a few days.”
"I have my family there, my friends, my girlfriend," he explained. "Here, I don't know anyone. Here, I don't know the way of life. I also don't know English very well," he added.
All of the film's stars were apparently very excited to travel to the United States when it was announced their film would be in competition.
This is the “first time out of Cuba to the US!” for any of them, the film’s director, Lucy Mulloy tweeted back in March.
Mulloy said she had been developing a sequel to "Una Noche" but now isn't sure it will ever get off the ground.
"Yeah, it's kind of heartbreaking," she told the Huffington Post. They were "absolutely" supposed to be a part of the second film, she added.
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.