Russell Crowe to play Noah in Aronofsky film
April 23rd, 2012

Russell Crowe to play Noah in Aronofsky film

Set designers can finally get started building that ark: Russell Crowe has been confirmed to star in “Noah.”

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the Oscar-winning actor has officially signed on to star in Darren Aronofsky’s re-telling of the Biblical figure's story.

Shooting for the faith-based film is scheduled to take place in Iceland and New York in July.

In a statement, Aronofsky said he was grateful for Crowe’s involvement.

"I’d like to thank Paramount and Regency for backing my team's work to breathe new life into the biblical epic,” he said. “I rejoice that Russell Crowe will be by my side on this adventure. It's his immense talent that helps me to sleep at night. I look forward to being wowed by him every day."

"Noah" is set to grace the big screen on March 28, 2014, but Crowe's kinda busy between now and then.

The next films he will appear in are "Broken City" and "Man of Steel."

The "Gladiator" star is also currently filming an adaptation of the famous book and Broadway smash, "Les Miserables."

1. Angle

Obama has not failed. He has sueeecdcd in bringing peace to America and the world. He has not started another war, sending young Americans to die in battle fields. Guantanamo, Haiti, the Health Reform Bill are indices of his welfarist leadership philosophy. More successes would be recorded in the coming months.

August 11, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Missy

IMO, no matter what movie Russell Crowe is in, you can feel fairly certain it will be a good movie, no matter what the subject matter is. He is just a great actor...

April 30, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. I am Maximus

"I am Maximus, General of the Armies of the North, Husband of a murdered wife, father of a murdered son, and I will have my revenge, in this life or the next." Classic. It'll be hard for Noah to beat that.

@bouncerbob, I agree. I've long been skeptical of this gathering two of every animal business. Doing that now would be an extraordinary challenge. Wasn't Noah in the stone or maybe bronze age, wearing leather sandals? Very dubious claim that someone so resource constrianed could accomplish such a task. And all the animals would live in harmony in a koom-by-yah Ark utopia? Riigghhttt...... If I was the lion I'd be eating my fill, nailing all the hot cheetahs and leopards, partying down like a spring break cruise.

April 24, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  4. bouncer bob

Okay Noah's arc is a nice story and all, but, how the h do you get a pair of each animal from all over the world on your boat in such a short time? I look forward to your answers.

April 23, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elisa Jordana

Have Chaz Bono shove all the animals beneath her chunt and then load her onto the Ark.

April 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason David

Hei Elisa...is your chunt big enough to load all the animals? Is this from experience?

April 23, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crys

Oh, that's simple. The Bible story is just a story or myth that explains something that happened through the eyes of ancient people. There likely was a great flood (my personal belief is that it was caused Earth flipping or changing poles). People didn't understand what was happening, so they attributed it to God. One puzzle was how people and animals survived what was seen as such a huge catastrophe, so people came up with a story that made sense to the ancient people. What is really cool though is when we can take the myth, realize that it contains allegory and symbolism as well, and apply it to our own lives.

April 23, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • danielwalldammit

I rather hope the movie does NOT attempt to answer that question.

April 23, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • say what ?

He called on samantha stevens and she twitched her nose and all the animals appeared on the arc.

April 24, 2012 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Elisa Jordana

@Jason David – not nearly as large as your mother's cancerous chunt.

April 24, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. Elisa Jordana

"Fightin' round da world"

April 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |