Mariah Carey on how she lost the baby weight
April 23rd, 2012

Mariah Carey on how she lost the baby weight

Moroccan and Monroe have one smokin’ hot mommy.

A fit and trim Mariah Carey covers the May issue of Shape magazine, in which she reveals how she shed all her baby weight after her twins were born last April.

First order of business? The Jenny Craig spokeswoman says she had to clean up what she was eating.

"I realize that 90 percent of losing weight is my diet," the 43-year-old singer says.

And then there was that other necessary evil: the gym - and beyond.

"Today my workout routine is more about getting and staying toned," Carey tells Shape. "And for me, that means either taking hour-long walks a few times a week or jumping in the pool three or four days a week to do 45 minutes of aquatic exercises."

Carey’s renewed commitment to a healthy lifestyle comes at the perfect time for husband Nick Cannon, who spent some scary moments in a hospital recently after he was diagnosed with a "mild" kidney failure and an autoimmune disease similar to lupus.

"He's taking better care of himself, eating a diet low in sodium and sugar, and getting more sleep," Carey says of Cannon's condition. "It was really frightening, but he's feeling much stronger and is definitely on the right track."

And on the music front, it sounds like Carey's fans have something to look forward to. "I’ve started writing songs for a new album, which I hope will come out in 2012," she says. "Getting back in the studio and making music again—which I truly love doing—is the best way to end this crazy year."

1. Nick Cannon

hey everybody needs to back off of Mariah..she is the greatest woman I have ever been with. Ok..I can not stay long..she has me do all these chores like changing the baby diapers, cleaning the mansion, washing the clothes, getting her something to drink or eat, etc. Peace out yo!

April 25, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. Booo

Ditto, hollywood distorter!

April 24, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. hollywood distorter

it's amazing what you can do when the diet food company provides your personal trainer and monetary incentives to stick to the plan. we would all look better if we got paid big$$$$

April 23, 2012 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tahoegeminii

yes the PhotoShop and lipo diet-Jenny Craig should be sued for false advertising on this one-besides that cover is so over edited it doesn't even look like MeMe-plus between the lipo the tummy tuck and the photoshop her whole mid section just looks wrong somehow and kind of creepy-her legs are still tree stumps-her whole pose is awkward and unnatural because she is posing so they can alter it easier-everything about greedy self important MeMe is just kind of gross these days-from her groveling bang chauffer of a husband always licking her feet to her rather disturbing offspring forced in by Dr. Frankenstein's and then cut out a month early "coincidentally" on their wedding anniversary-her desperate attempts to ride Whitney's death to more record sells of her has been "pop hits" of 20 years ago-get a clue MeMe-if you have to market yourself like someone who just died your career is already dead-and yes she is wearing "Granny panties"

April 23, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQj5fyHeOHg&w=640&h=390]

April 23, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Dan

She looks good in that picture, whether it has been air brushed, who knows. She's way too much of a Diva, though. That is a huge turn off.

April 23, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Gouda

Hopefully she didn't loose her mommy sized cans, those gifts were precious...

April 23, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. BobTheBuilder

Um, it's called the "PhotoShop Diet".

April 23, 2012 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mimi

I love Mariah, but I think she forgot to mention the tummy tuck she had after her c-section. I highly doubt her stomach would look that good after carrying twins and gaining 70lbs+.

April 23, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Anomic Office Drone

She looks thin now for the same reason she's looked thin for the past decade: airbrushing.

April 23, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Anomic Office Drone

Are we talking about the same Mariah here? She doesn't really look skinny in a lot of her pictures at all. If that's what you call airbrushing, they obviously couldn't make her look as skinny as it seems everyone is making her out to be.

She does look slim here but in most of the pictures I see she's not really slim at all... I'd say "normal" size. Not too big and not too small. "Healthy"

April 23, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. lol

I'd bang her anyday

April 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. jujubeans

Looking good for 43! (Are those her panties)?

April 23, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |