'Dark Knight Rises' trailer to screen before 'Avengers'
April 23rd, 2012

'Dark Knight Rises' trailer to screen before 'Avengers'

Warner Bros., home to DC Comics, has announced that it's attaching the third and final trailer for its long-awaited movie “The Dark Knight Rises” to Marvel’s “The Avengers,” which hits theaters on May 4, according to NolanFans.com.

This isn't the first time the two comics mainstays joined forces. DC and Marvel teamed up four years ago, when Warner Bros. promoted the final trailer for 2008's "The Dark Knight" during a screening of Marvel's "Iron Man," which came out a few months before.

"Showbiz Tonight" iReport: If you could be any one of the Avengers, who would you be and why?

So far the decision is looking like a total win for everyone involved: "The Avengers" is reportedly tracking to make at least $150 million during its opening weekend, and Warner Bros. doesn't want to miss out on that audience.

"We see this placement as a good strategic decision," one exec told Deadline. "We always want our trailers to be seen with films that people want to see - and a lot of people will be going to see 'The Avengers!'"

1. Dr.Watch

Joker looked really scary in the Dark Knight. In the original batman movies, he looks retarded. Jack Nicholson is so bad when he portrays the Joker. Heath Ledger is much better. Too bad he died. Say. is that video real.

June 1, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dr.Watch

Whoops! Sorry I meant the director agreed with him.

June 1, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dr.Watch

I read this in IMDB about the movie. Christian Bale said that he won't portray batman in the movie if robin is there. The director agreed with me because he thought it would undermine the dark tone. That was the right thing to do. Robin is going to ruin the movie with his costume. Nightwing would have been cool though. Maybe Neil Patrick Harris could play him like how he did in Batman: Under the Red Hood.

June 1, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dr.Watch

Hey guys, what was Batman Begins and The Dark Knight rated in the United Kingdom. It better be 12A.

June 1, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. RetardedMexican

I don't think the new Batman will be all that good myself. I will wait and see it at the dollar movies.

May 31, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. The Hook

The final – yeah, right – Batman flick looks incredibly tense and just plain awesome!

May 22, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. socko

This is going to be the best Batman movie EVER made!! Except for the bad guy. I want Joker! Too bad he died. I could think of someone really amazing for the role of the Joker. CRAIG DEERING!!!!! He rocks and rolls for the part of the Joker. They all made a movie called Silent Night and he was the Joker. Amazing. And then they made Batman Portraits of Evil: Domino Effect. He was the Joker. He was amazing. Check out Domino Effect on YouTube. It rocks!!!!!

May 11, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. Maria Papa

I wish Emily Blunt would have been the role that Ann Hathaway playing. I think she would have been great as either cat woman or bat girl.

May 1, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. information technology

Someone essentially assist to make severely posts I would state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this actual put up extraordinary. Excellent task!

May 1, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. tj22

I'm one who will be happy when this Dark Knight business is over and gone.. I have watched the earlier ones and I own those moviies too, but when A movie such as this goes that far into the Darkness is when I stop watching it altoigether,,, So When this movie comes out this summer I for one will not be present for it...Good Ridence to Dark Knight and his followers,,,

May 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Music technology blog

Great web site. Plenty of useful info here. I'm sending it to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks for your sweat!

May 1, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  12. dewandeler

Will Jack Nicholson be in The Dark Knight Rises?
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQLjYL1s64c&w=640&h=390]

April 28, 2012 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  13. F.Bigelow

Ho hum another sleeper.

April 24, 2012 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  14. E.Town

Oh,like you're so lame lol.

April 24, 2012 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  15. danielwalldammit

Fingers crossed for this one. Hopefully, it'll be on par with the last one.

April 23, 2012 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Sokman

A kick@ss trailer attached to a kick@ss movie... That's rock&roll in a movie theater man. I'm so there

April 23, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |