April 20th, 2012
02:47 PM ET
As Heidi Klum tells us on "Project Runway," when it comes to fashion, one day you're in and the next day you're out.
In the case of "America's Next Top Model," it looks like J. Alexander, Jay Manuel and Nigel Barker have gone out of style. The trio's contracts were not renewed as the show heads into its 19th season.
Tyra Banks confirmed that the three, who've been on the long-running CW modeling competition since its infancy, were off the show via her Twitter account.
"Fierce & love 2 my @NigelBarker, @MrJayManuel & Miss J. #ANTM turned us in2 a family. Excited for what the future holds for us. XOXO TyTy," Banks, 38, wrote Thursday night.
Barker, for his part, is taking the news in stride. He told E! that the cuts weren't exactly surprising, since he's faced the "chopping block" before.
"There had been discussions that ratings were down and that something like this would happen," Barker said. "We had an incredible run and there aren't any hard feelings. This isn't a Tyra thing. This is a network thing."
Now that he's off "ANTM," Barker said on his blog that he's looking forward to new projects.
It isn't clear who will be brought in, if anyone, to replace photographer/judge Barker, creative consultant Manuel or "runway trainer"/judge J. Alexander, but the New York Post notes that season 19 is supposed to receive some big changes, including more of a social media bent.
Banks and Ken Mok, her fellow executive producer, told CNN in a statement, “Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander have been an integral part of the ‘America’s Next Top Model’ brand and they helped turn this show into the household name it is today. They have been amazing assets to the show and will always be a part of the ‘Top Model’ family. We will continue to actively work with each of them on future projects.”
About this blog
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.