Watch: Trailer for Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'
April 19th, 2012

Watch: Trailer for Channing Tatum's 'Magic Mike'

The recent poll on summer's most anticipated movies left out an obvious title, at least for us: Channing Tatum's stripper movie "Magic Mike."

Slated for a June 29 release, "Magic Mike" has had quite a build-up, between the slow reveal of the cast to the first stills to the teaser trailer that hit the Web earlier this week.

On Thursday, we finally got to see the full show. And despite what the plot implies, the two-and-a-half minute clip is actually fairly free of nudity.

Tatum, 31, stars as the titular "magical" male stripper, a role that's loosely based on Tatum's real-life experience of exotic dancing in Tampa.

By night, Mike plays to the fantasies of his patrons, being the "husband they never had, the dreamboat guy that never came along." But by day, he's more interested in crafting and selling furniture - and perhaps falling in love with Paige, as played by Cody Horn. A stripper/entrepreneur, if you will.

So why does he strip? First of all, he's making good money - although you don't want to know what he has to do for a $20 - and there's also "women...and a good time."

Tatum has called his time spent as an exotic dancer "a wild and pivotal time" in his life, and it looks like some of that will be carried over to the film as well.

Directed by Steven Soderbergh, "Magic Mike" also stars Matt Bomer, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey and "True Blood's" Joe Manganiello as "Big Dick Richie."

Filed under: movies • Trailer Park

1. pet remedy

I'll right away grab your rss feed as I can't find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please allow me recognize so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

December 11, 2012 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. android app development

Definitely believe that that you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the net the simplest factor to remember of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people think about concerns that they just don't realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the entire thing without having side-effects , other people can take a signal. Will probably be again to get more. Thank you

November 16, 2012 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. даешь молодежь

Its such as you read my mind! You appear to understand so much approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you just can do with a few percent to pressure the message house a little bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

August 4, 2012 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  4. Bug Out Bag l Fixed Blade Survival Knives l National Survival Center l Survival Book l Survival Food l Survival Gear l Survival Kits l Survival Knives l Survival Tents

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I were a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny clear concept

July 30, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. Michael Peter Caliazzo

Are there any adults on this blog?

May 3, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. oxy

cool, man i like this dude,especcialy in step up movie

May 2, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. don't be mad fellows

ya'll don't have a dam problem lookin at nude women. It's about dam time we women get to see a little more meat and I love meat. So stop hate-in. What stopping you from throwin and slangin your dic.

April 28, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grammar Police

*Y'all
      *damn
      *looking
      *damn
      *meat,
      *hating.
      *What's
      *throwing
      *slinging
      *dick?

May 11, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. SilverSnikle

Not enough Matt Bomer in the trailer. Just Sayin.

April 23, 2012 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  9. mb2010a

There are nude pictures of Channing Tatum all over the internet...at least he'll be playing a part where he actually has some experience. Odd that they never mentioned that he also danced at several gay strip clubs when he was younger...

April 20, 2012 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Khloe

not dark enough

April 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dustyred

I'm ready for that big dick!

April 20, 2012 at 5:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. lol's wife

I love sucking big f-u c-king d!cks while getting fxxked up the a55 by a big back dude and eating a black woman's k- unt

April 20, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Janine

I am totally seeing this. It's about time men are subject to a little exploitation! I'm happy to watch!

April 20, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  14. Sokman

I'll pass. Guys without clothes plss me off. It's like, Dude, where's your pants? I got pants. The guy over there has pants. You need pants to be taken seriously in this world.

April 19, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. pjc722

Seriously, it's SHOWGIRLS but with men! But sadly, there are no women or critics saying the same stuff about this flick as they did about that flick.

Clearly, I won't bother with the flick.

April 19, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bribarian

more hollywood trash

April 19, 2012 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  17. @lol

I'm not vixen. I was just stating the facts bc you can't seem to leave the girl alone. Didn't you say you had another site you would rather be on? Why are you still here? Ahhh, that's right. You think vixen is still on here. Could that be the reason you're sticking around? Sorry, but I'm not her. You have a geart day now.

April 19, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • @vixxy

Tell it anyway you want, girly. I'm not her, sob, sob, sob...protesting a little too much! Somebody hit a nerve, eh? You keep saying how "you" are not here, but the chatters are? Don't you see how stupid that sounds? You are so lame. Try again, girly. You are not fooling anyone.

April 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

I am not one of 'them'. Dont know what site they're on. Keep grabbing at those straws. By the way, I could give two sh!ts less about you, vixen or samantha, casansndra, huh, adara,sunflower, or any other of your alias's I didnt mention.-lol *see your easy in more ways then one* Coming back to say thats not me in..

April 19, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @lol

you forgot Trix are for Kids.

April 19, 2012 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Vixen's troll

Someone is still jealous that she has eyes only for evel knievel. Sad that you can't seem to stop trolling her.

April 19, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Oh vixen you luv the attention and you know it. My hat off to you Alecia, you still can rile her up.-lol

April 19, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ vixens troll

she never felt bad about trolling others, did she. how do you know that wasn't her? she always thought her sh!t didn't stink! the girl is as big of a loser as they come.

April 19, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huh!

Jealous of what? A stupid broad on the internet? Get real. I hope you and Evil live happily ever after in your little fairy tale world. To Evil, run for your life, dude!

April 19, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Beautiful Vixen

I've date a lot of "dancers" in my time. I'm sure if these guys in the movie met me, I'd could have them, too. Nobody can resist me. I'll see the movie, though. Not the same as being up close & personal. *wink, wink*

April 19, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Richard Fore

I hate everyone on this blog. You should all rot in he|| with your mother in law.

April 19, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |