James Cameron backing space resource project?
April 19th, 2012

James Cameron backing space resource project?

James Cameron’s next big project may literally be out of this world.

According to reports, the “Titanic” filmmaker may be joining forces with other high-profile investors to create a new space resource venture.

The project, referred to as Planetary Sources, apparently seeks to expand the earth’s resource base, causing some to wonder if that'll involve asteroid mining, reports MSNBC.

A press conference on Planetary Sources is slated to be held next Tuesday at the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

Other investors are said to include Google co-founders Larry Page and Eric Schmidt, former Microsoft exec Charles Simonyi and Ross Perot Jr. (yep, the son of the former presidential candidate).

A brief statement on the venture was posted recently on MIT’s Technology Review website, which notes that the venture is also intended to be an investment in space exploration.

"The company will overlay two critical sectors — space exploration and natural resources — to add trillions of dollars to the global GDP," the statement says. "This innovative start-up will create a new industry and a new definition of ‘natural resources.'”

It looks like filmmaker Cameron is striking while the iron’s hot: not only has the 3-D re-release of “Titanic” performed well at the global box office, but he also recently made history when he took a mini-submarine he designed to the deepest known point in the world's oceans.

1. Nisha

My wife and i have been very excited that Emmanuel mgneaad to carry out his basic research through the entire ideas he received out of your web pages. It's not at all simplistic to just possibly be making a gift of guides which the others may have been making money from. So we know we have got the writer to be grateful to for this. The specific explanations you made, the easy site navigation, the friendships your site make it easier to foster it is mostly awesome, and it is aiding our son and us understand this subject matter is amusing, which is certainly really indispensable. Many thanks for the whole lot!

August 14, 2012 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  2. Micahel Mario Calaizzo

I agree with my cousin from new York, Cameron is really good.

May 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michael Peter Caliazzo

Cameron is very, very good at what he is doing.

May 3, 2012 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Elisa Jordana

James Cameron looks like he is in a constant state of a sshole.

April 20, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Sokman

If you want to clarify this to the public, speak clearly. I will never get the time back that I spent reading that incoherant rambling.

April 19, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter Cao

Sokman,

Thank you for your comment about the drawback of my comments, but that would not get rid of Eric Schmidt (along with his side)'s responsibilities into the involvement of these crimes.

April 20, 2012 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Peter Cao

===========================================
      Take back the above words. - I'll be more clear next time :-)

April 20, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Peter Cao

On 2012/02/21 StanfordDaily article "virtual-learning" [http://www.stanforddaily.com/2012/02/21/virtual-learning/] in Comments part regarding to a murder case about a Stanford student May Zhou with which Eric Schmidt had threatened my life for sake of a Stanford professor Sebastian Thrun and a criminal suspect named Gabriele Scheler during their fight with Stanford:
    =========================================

@concernedNetCitizen,

About your ARROGANT question "If you think you have evidence (and i mean physical evidence) to the contrary why do you not take it to the police, or at least post what evidence you have (and I mean PHYSICAL evidence like fibres, DNA, fingerprints and the like)."

-------------

I am not physically in America, so I'd rather communicate with the police officer who's respnosible for May Zhou's case via email to tell serious stuff, my contact [peter_vista@yahoo.com] , or we could discuss it right here on this board. Before the officer who's responsible would contact me for a serious discussion, how could you know there is no such PHYSICAL evidence to say May Zhou's death is definitely a murder but not a suicide? As a matter of fact, such PHYSICAL evidence already exists and that's what I am going to tell.

The point at this time is, who is this officer who's respnosible for May Zhou's case, whom I should talk to? Could you have me connect with this officer? I have serious stuff to report

Meanwhile, why don't you help us to figure out what's the motivation behind May Zhou's death

April 19, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. Peter Cao

This case regards to people with great powers as Eric Schmidt is, and also regards to crimes as serious as viciously conspiring life of the victim

Proof of real names, dates, photos along with a police case number are listed in my blog link [ http://tysurl.com/BsEnQ4 ]

In short, Eric Schmidt had involved into multiple crimes which had endangered human lives and he had not paid for his crimes
    =============================================

Eric, the point at this time is, my accusations are clearly stated while you tried to put on self-deception with several lies, and also I had challenged the officer who’s responsible for this case, while he/she dare not reply, all of which would make people more curious of what did you involve and more believe in what I said

This case regards to people with background of great powers as Eric Schmidt is, and also regards to crimes as serious as threatening the victim and endangering people's lives; and already someone innocent like Stanford student May Zhou had mysteriously died and victim's life was conspired; racial issue is a factor; if the case could not be clarified or leave any points dubious and obscure, it will cost more of human lives in the future. At either moral or legal fronts, there is a necessity to clarify the case to the public.

April 19, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Peter Cao

Here is how Eric Schmidt involved into such anti-humanity crimes

---------------------

Eric Schmidt had threatened my life with the death of Stanford student May Zhou during his fight with Stanford. Eric Schmidt is part of this plot in May Zhou's death. He had also conspired my life at a later time, and which had cost his Google CEO position.

It started from a 2004 Stanford campus assault case, in which a lady named Gabriele Scheler bitterly assaulted me; Police concluded that I am a victim while Scheler is a criminal suspect after serious investigation; However Sebastian Thrun later joined Scheler to false accuse me at Stanford, and Eric Schmidt had joined them to support Sebastian Thrun and Gabriele Scheler against ruling from Stanford and police. During their tough fight with Stanford in the early 2007, Eric Schmidt and Sebasitan Thrun's side had murderred May Zhou to threaten me, by telling me: "You see May Zhou, she's an Asian (me too an Asian), ... Police might not even find out who did it, what if it happened to you?" , and to terrorize Stanford (because May Zhou is Stanford student), and they did plot a murder on me as well last year when they found I would not compromise but insist on clarifying their crimes

These accusations had been confirmed by authorities investigation and stand still which Eric Schmidt and Sebastian Thrun dare not deny to the public so far. Eric Schmidt and Sebastian Thrun had not paid for their crimes

April 19, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |