The Jacksons line up dates for summer 'Unity' tour
April 17th, 2012

The Jacksons line up dates for summer 'Unity' tour

It's been nearly three decades since the Jackson brothers went on tour together, and they're remedying that this summer.

The Jacksons, including Tito, Marlon, Jackie and Jermaine, will hit the road for their Unity 2012 tour, the group announced Tuesday.

The last time the brothers toured together, it was for 1984's Victory Tour.

The Jacksons, of course, came to fame along with their late brother Michael Jackson, and it sounds like their 27-date U.S. trek will uphold the King of Pop's memory.

"I am so happy and excited to perform again onstage with my brothers,” Jermaine said in the statement. “I can't wait to sing all the songs that were so much a part of all of our lives. We are ready and committed to keep the family’s legacy alive and perform once again with the highest level of excellence, creativity, and most of all, integrity."

Jackie called the tour a "dream coming true," adding, "I know at each concert, MJ's spirit will be in the house with us.”

The tour kicks off on June 18 in Louisville, Kentucky, and runs through July 29, ending in Snoqualmie, Washington. Tour dates are as follows:

• June 18 in  Louisville, KY
  • July 22 in Los Angeles, CA
  • July 27 in Saratoga, CA
  • July 28 in Lincoln City, OR
  • July 29 in Snoqualmie, WA

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. removal jobs

You understand therefore considerably relating to this matter, produced me personally believe it from a lot of various angles. Its like men and women aren't involved until it's one thing to do with Girl gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

June 21, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. boogie

Let the music speak and not your ego's michael would say i love you more.......

May 5, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hold on a Minute!!

Why shouldn't The Jacksons tour and continue to make a living? Yes, Michael undeniably became the star of the group but can everyone please do a little research here before you spout off at the mouth. Little brother Michael wasn't even a member of The Jackson 5 when Joe Jackson first formed the group in the 1950's. He was too young. Those little boys had talent and drive and ambition also. And they worked their butts off. And, they continued to work their butts off, even while they were in Michael's shadow. Yes, Michael eclipsed everyone and everything but WHY SHOULDN'T THE REMAINING GROUP MEMBERS BE ALLOWED TO MAKE A LIVING IN 2012?? Have you ever considered that Michael's unbelievable success may have inadvertantly undermined the rest of them and, their careers. All manners of old musical acts STILL perform and tour and appear in, albeit smaller venues, but people still come out to see them and love them. What's wrong with that? These people have bills to be pay, and a legacy to continue. The first concert I ever saw was The Jacksons in 1981. It blew my mind. I became soooo in love with Michael and have remained so and will, FOREVER be absolutely in love with him. But I love the rest of the Jacksons also and I will be there in see and support them.

April 20, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Dandey

Geez, who really cares about the Jacksons anymore?

April 19, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lydia

Geez... it hurts to even look at their faces with all that plastic surgery they've had done. ugh!

April 19, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. juney07

I've read that they are all going to take turns singing Michael's parts of the songs. Of course, Jerms could always do Word to the Badd, he said he didn't write it after he said on live tv that he did write it. And the icing on the cake will be when Prince, Paris and Blanket show up (wonder why the show is in the summer???) again to be exploited by this "family" – yeah, the Addams family. Michael paid bills for his deadbeat sibling brothers for years; they begged him to tour, they begged him to death! Don't think for a minute that their constant pressure for him to join them on tour didn't just add to the morass of trouble he found himself in near the end of his life. They should just go far, far away; hey Jermaine how 'bout to Bahrain where you exiled MIchael? Losers.

April 18, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Brandi

yes they do have talent. The problem is people are comparing them to michael Jackson. If you compare a lot of artists to michael they will seem far behind as well. My personal problem with the jackson is they take way too long before they do something. Need to get it right now. 61, 58, 57, 55 you are no spring chicken

April 18, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. der

Damn, I see why there's been so much plastic surgery for some of the Jacksons!!

April 18, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. john2655

Who wants to them perform. they have no talent. Tell them to get a real job and pay their child support

April 18, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • chris

@cora racist........I hate racists and if you have the balls then come and say it outloud with your picture.
      Why dont you give the jacksons a chance? If anyone remembers they were fantastic years ago along with michael and if you dont want to see them why give nasty spikeful comments? If I was in the US I would go. This is NOT for money as they have enough so give them some credit

April 18, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Anthony

People need to remember, this is Micheal's family. Its not about the money. Also Michael Jackson came from the Jackson 5, the Jackson 5 did not come from Michael Jackson. Yes i know he was the most famous brother by far, but there are also generations of Jackson 5/Jacksons fans

April 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • juney07

It's no secret the brothers tried many times to get Michael to tour with them after the Victory Tour in 1984. He chose to go his own way. There's no reason they couldn't have toured without him, of course not as successfully as if he was WITH them, but no, they were content to rest on their laurels and live off Michael's largesse to his extended family. Very convenient now that Michael is no longer with us, in their late 50's near 60, they decide once again to "tour". If you listen closely to J5 in the 70's, even then it was all Michael; they were a good backup band.

April 19, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. hell no

Mike said "they 've lived off me when i am a live, they most likely will live off of me when i am dead". Why is everyone surprise this happen. He knew it would happen. He said it would happen.

April 18, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. go ahead

If MJ was here, he would not be a part of this anyway, so do whatever you want. Don't Blame it on the Boogie though!

April 18, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MFF

It should be called GREED AND MOOCH tour. No talent hasbeens

April 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. DEBZ

talk about another group of people cashing in on MJ'S fame will this family get a life and go away?

April 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. @ moonwalking fool

Stay off the Meth and gasoline sniffing. Also, try eating your meat well done you bat carrying, cave dwelling internet coward.

April 18, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  16. jry160

owww no no no no no!

April 18, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  17. Anthony

Needs to be all 5 remaining Brothers. And Latoya, Rebbie, 3T on select dates and Janet on special occations if schedule allows. Dates near the anniversary of Michaels death should have them all

April 18, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. Anthony

Where's Randy?

April 18, 2012 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  19. flashtrum

Who's gonna sing? Michael via holograph?

April 18, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  20. harleybird

Please tell me the Jacksons have seen the video of Tupac performing at Coachella. If they did this with Michael they would be sell out huge venues!

April 18, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  21. hmmmmm

Never saw Marlon a day in court for the Conrat Murder trial but betcha bottom dollar he'll be at every single one of these shows. Randy, the youngest brother, is not signed on for this "tour"....interesting...and he was in court every single day. I hope Branca forbids them from using Michael's music for these concerts. Then what? They can sing Jermaine's "Word to the Badd"???

April 18, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Kris

I agree. Randy seems to be the only brother who really cared about Michael...he didn't try to cash in on the horrible Jackson family show prior to Michael's death and he isn't trying to cash in on this reunion tour. They are all talented but Randy was by far the most talented musician, entertainer and writer next to Michael.

April 18, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  22. OBSERVER

michael must be still saying...AND THEY ARE STILL BANKING OFF OF ME...

April 18, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. dgdm

This is called "WE WERE NEVER IT" – JUST TRYING TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF OUR BROTHER MICHAEL – IN DEATH AS WE DID IN LIFE!

April 18, 2012 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  24. dgdm

JACKSONS – GO SIT DOWN!!!! LIKE FATHER LIKE SONS!!!!!! I guess you are ALL going to milk it to death........Taking advantage of your brothers death....to make money off of HIM!! No body cares about you all.....Just the media.......if he hadn't died you unattractive dumba$$es you wouldn't be trying to make money off of MICHAEL – GO AWAY YOU OLD FARTS!!!!

April 18, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  25. MJ in the clouds

Hey!! everybody's gotta eat... stop trying to steal the plate! Don't make me come down there!

April 18, 2012 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  26. pitt04

I LOVE THIS FAMILY! Hope to see them in Dayton Ohio or Indiana.
    It's been almost three years since Michael died. I miss his being on this earth,so much.
    The excitement he bought when he entered a room or when he was seen on the street......
    Dr Wayne Dyer said that Michael was "transcendent".......'beyond human comprehension'.

April 18, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  27. Jomm

I love the Jacksons and I had the pleasure to see many of them; however, it would be hard for me to go to this concert and not see Michael but I wish the Jacksons the best.

April 18, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  28. Hello

This is "Torture!"

April 18, 2012 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  29. Mannix

The Jackson five were awesome in their day. But to see them without MJ? No thanks. He is the reason why they became stars in the first place. I imagine the concerts being very dry. I'll pass on this one.

April 18, 2012 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  30. Kay

Give it up, guys. Nobody cares about you any more. They only wanted to see Michael.

This is going to be so sad.

April 18, 2012 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  31. Alex Sweeney

If Pac's music wasn't for you that's cool why so much animosity,when I was in eighth grade I went to a predominate white school a lot the kids were into Humble Pie,ACDC,Led Zeppelin ect.It wasn't my thing but we didn't get angry at each other for music preferences.Wow that was pre disco,instead of race relations getting better I think the internet has made anonymous racism easier.Like another blogger said we'll be speaking and laughing together at work and school this morning.People it isn't okay to speak ill of the no matter how you think they lived or the reason you think they died.

April 18, 2012 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
  32. 100 year ol colored fella

for shame on dees colored folk. for shame.

April 18, 2012 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  33. tony

Shame on all of u hater. Just sick of u psychos.

April 18, 2012 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
    • tony

U hater be bad peoples. Just cuz I like to butt slam my buddy in da poooper, doesn't mean you need to rip on me!!

April 18, 2012 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  34. Da popee

I'll love to see them do "I'll be there". I bet you it will be one hell of a provoking experience. They really cant sing you know. I Guess they should try Rapping.LOL

April 18, 2012 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  35. Kneegrow troll

White people you are **cking hilarious,forty ounces.To da real Nojenk,I love fried chicken never had it with a waffle though think i'll pass on that one and i've been black all my life and I have never been called a jig a boo,well atleast not to my face,but you are a wild and crazy guy.

April 18, 2012 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  36. xx

When's the menudo reunion?

April 18, 2012 at 1:31 am | Report abuse |
  37. Constance Leigh Craven-Cox

ZZZZZZZZZ

April 18, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  38. da real NoJenk

I like big buttts and I cannot lie. Switched to large cox and gave up dat pie! Now I just want a big ol donggg...yeah, ill polish your meaty schhlong! Booyeeee what up??

April 17, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. the real NoJenk

jig-abooo. Jig-abooo. I luv you!! jig-abooo. Jig-abooo. I luv you!! jig-abooo. Jig-abooo. I luv you!!

April 17, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  40. moonwalking fool

I heard latoya is on that crack. these ignorant leeches havent made an honest dime since what 1984? now they think they still got it when they never did have it. michael was the talent they are just typical knuckle draggers who are on welfare and smoking crack and eating chicken and waffles while drinkin their fortys

April 17, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dustyrted

I'll see you at work tomorrow,and you say(in your black voice)what's up girl,and i'll want to hurl in your face.But to keep the peace and to let you think that I think you're cool i'll just holla back in a pseudo ghetto voice,what's up dude.

April 18, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  41. The REAL Nojenk

Now that the pedophile is dead, the brothers don't gotta worry bout him tellin on them for f$&kin him in the a&&. Just sayin....

April 17, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • CountryStrong

@ The REAL Nojenk – And yet you probably sit here and praise Elvis & Jerry Lee Lewis (who messed with teenage girls & married them). The last time I checked a 12 – 15 yr old is consider underage. Do us a favor and go play in traffic on the freeway

April 18, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  42. kim

All of you are idiots with these racist comments.

April 17, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  43. J Mann

The tour is called "This Ain't It!"

April 17, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Rapsodee

I saw Micheal and his brothers Victory Tour,my parents took me my dad told me I would never see anything like this again.I was only five and he was right about that,I still remember that concert it was something to see,astounding.

April 17, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Dustyred

Why are white folks always worried about black folks pockets?I'm sure you that have been posting hateful comments about Tupac all day are the same jealous people spewing your hate about the Jacksons.

April 17, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dustyred

And another thing. Just because blacks are monkeys that have zero morals and would sell their own mothers to make a dime doesn't mean they dont deserve respect.

April 17, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sokman

Milking the cow dry...

April 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Cora

Colored people just make me sick. I bet they are going to sing and dance around. They are always doing stuff like that.

April 17, 2012 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norvy

...and the rest of the world copies the dances, slang, style, and culture.

April 17, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Metalme2

Well Cora if that's how you feel, kill yourself, bet no one would miss your ignarance.

April 18, 2012 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Tostada Burrito

I'm colored. I consider myself green with orange polka dots. And blueish squiggles. : )

April 18, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Rhoda

Cora i think u are just angry cuz you can't sing or dance. You should try hangin out with some colored people maybe then you won't be so bitter . Holla

April 19, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPYTPUOCGGc&w=640&h=390]

April 17, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Joe Jackson

I'll be there to collect my 80% and beat them if they mess up.

April 17, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Michael Jackson

Cashing in on a dead realitive. I bet his kids will be involved too. Bunch of money hungry hasbeens.

April 17, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. warren

poor jacksons. Why are they doing it? Why?

April 17, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. destiny

Remember michael-said be good to one another. make the world a better pl. god heal the world! god bless michael-he loved his brothers&family&life!share his magic-talent-gifts to the world.forever

April 17, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Derrick

MJ was the lead vocalist for this group. Not sure how well they will do without him.

Type DerrickDuffie into your web browser to visit my website and learn about my new novel, Unfinished Business.

April 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoSoulful

Those are my thoughts as well. I mean, I know Jermaine song on a couple of songs and had a hit single or two solo BUT MJ was "the voice" of the group. Unless they play live recordings on MJ from the victory tour is the only way I can see it maybe working out. Also....why don't they ever include Randy. They act like he wasn't apart of The Jacksons for a period of time when Jermaine decided he wanted to stay with Motown.

April 18, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  54. ladylike56

Whatever..........will never be the same without MJ. Those brothers need to hang it up for good, and go take care of themselves for a change.

April 17, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  55. moses

FURTHERMORE....I MAY GO TO THE SHOW TO HECKLE THEM AND THROW BAGS OF DOG POOP AT THEM. i hope Janet shows up so I can take her backstage and slide this woman tamer deep into her va gina...filling her love cavern up with my thick hot sea man....while her moron knuckle draggin bros watch...lmao

April 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  56. moses

The only ones who had talent out of that family was michael and janet..Michael was that freeloading familys meal ticket. They leeched off his earnings for decades. Hell all those brothers are fat and have no voice. What are they going to play a hologram of michael like coachilla did tupac? If it wasnt for michael..they all be on welfare..smdh no talent fkrs

April 17, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  57. bbkingz

I'm sure this tour will sell a lot of tickets, but that's only if they display Michael's body in the lobby before the shows. I hear that Joe Jackson is currently working out the details to make this happen.

April 17, 2012 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jerry Sandusky

I know where I'll be

April 17, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben Roethlisberger

Thank goodness it's not where I'll be. The ladies bathroom at the bar calls.

April 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brett Favre

Why go anywhere when you can send a text to the ones you love?

April 17, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Go Jacksons!

It's a shame MJ isn't able to join these guys. They truly were a talented bunch and performed well when they were together. Hope they can make MJ proud and do him justice.

They should add Janet as well.

April 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

Tour also known as: "We've run through our money and we're cashing in on our dead brother's fame" Tour

April 18, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • harleybird

I agree! Even Latoya would be fine. I just hope they add a hologram Michael like 2pac. THat would be something to see.

April 18, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  60. derp

At least they're alive, unlike MJ and Tupac.

April 17, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norvy

Dogs and cats are alive, too, but you don't want to see them in concert!!!

April 17, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tostada Burrito

i do ! I love the song where the dogs bark Jingle Bells ! It is awesome ! Dogs and cats are usually the friendliest people. They are just too wonderful.

April 18, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |