April 16th, 2012

Tupac returns as a hologram at Coachella

Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg put on an impressive show at Coachella Sunday, and it included a surprise guest: deceased rapper Tupac Shakur.

The late rapper made his return to the stage from beyond the grave as a hologram during Dre and Snoop's set at the music festival held in Indio, California.

Thanks to the hologram technology, a shirtless Tupac seemed to take the stage, bearing greetings to Dre and Snoop before addressing the audience with, "What the f*** is up Coachella?"

Hologram Pac gave a surprisingly realistic and lively performance of "Hail Mary," followed by "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" with Snoop. The rapper died in September, 1996 after being shot multiple times by an assailant.

Even though rumors of a hologram had leaked prior to the performance, it was still a jaw-dropping sight, prompting one concertgoer to proclaim, "Now we know Tupac really didn't die. He's been living out in the desert the entire time with all the other retired people."

For many attendees at this year's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, Dr. Dre's set with Snoop was the most highly-anticipated. For the past three years, hip-hop giants have headlined one night of what's essentially a three day celebration of indie and dance music. It started in 2010 with Jay-Z, then continued in 2011 with Kanye West, leaving some to wonder whether Eminem might be back to continue the trend in 2013.

But in 2012, it was all about Dre. The good doctor took the stage in a black t-shirt, black jeans and white sneakers, looking fit and powerful at age 47. Snoop played the role of the genial sideman, reminding a predominantly young, white crowd that Dre was personally responsible for a lot of the hip-hop music they've grown up with - mostly through such protegees as himself, 50 Cent and Eminem.

However, the 70,000 or so gathered at the main Coachella stage didn't need a primer. They sang along loudly on such classic tunes as "Ain't Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang" and "California Love."

At one point, Snoop instructed fans to bounce their hands in front of their faces, saying with amusement, "That looks gangsta."

Wiz Khalifa also made an appearance, performing "Young, Wild & Free" with Snoop, as the two puffed madly on blunts the size of their middle fingers.

50 Cent and G-Unit's Tony Yayo were crowd pleasers, especially when 50 stripped down to his signature wife-beater before a rousing rendition of "In Da Club."

Newcomer Kendrick Lamar held his own with "The Recipe," and veterans Warren G and Kurupt joined Snoop for a tribute to the late Nate Dogg, who sang the hook to many Dre-produced songs. Despite TMZ blasting out an "exclusive" report that Nate Dogg would "perform several songs" via hologram, the only images of Nate were black and white still photos.

As the intro to "I Need a Doctor" blared through the speakers late in the show, Eminem sauntered onto the stage - his face hidden by a gray hoodie - to join up with Dr. Dre. The Detroit superstar and his mentor blazed through "Forgot About Dre," the lead single off Dre's last album, "The Chronic 2001." That CD was released in 1999.

Thirteen years later, Dre continues to work on his follow-up record. When asked when this opus will finally be released, the answer from Dr. Dre and his reps is always one word..."Soon."

Judging from the level of excitement during Sunday night's closing set at Coachella, it appears no one has "Forgot About Dre." Certainly not this batch of hipsters.

Video of Pac's performance is embedded below, but be forewarned that it contains strong language.

1. uniform protection

You are in point of fact a good webmaster. The site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a fantastic process on this topic!

August 16, 2013 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. China Hood

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Opera. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know. The design look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Thanks China Hood http://www.robinhoodchina.info

January 31, 2013 at 5:10 am | Report abuse |
  3. gdarealest

The one thing all 2pac fans have in common is the ability to relate to real...Do us all a favor and check this new track out. The Real Moves On #TrueStory: The Mixtape

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq02GA10ohQ&w=640&h=390]

November 28, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cisco Interfaces

Hi there, I found your site by the use of Google even as looking for a related subject, your web site came up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked to favourites|added to my bookmarks.

August 28, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • filthyfly

i've got proof. http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/15317874

November 28, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. removal jobs

My brother suggested I might like this website. He was entirely right. This publish truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

June 14, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. featured artists

I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I'm not certain whether this submit is written by means of him as nobody else realize such distinctive about my trouble. You are wonderful! Thanks!

May 31, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  7. masturbatk

http://utada976.blog.com – In it something is also to me it seems it s good idea. I agree with you.

May 26, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. masturbatk

http://enosiqicux.wordpress.com – On your place I would arrive differentloy.

May 25, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sylvia jack

I’ve gone through your all postings, awesome piece of work. The words are catchy and speech is attractive. I really appreciate your efforts.
    Please allow me to write for you in very low rates, I will not let you down or disappoint you at any cost. Hoping for positive response from you.
    Best Regards,

May 2, 2012 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. Marie.

I bet their just using a hologram now, but on the last day of the concert where they use it,
    they'll turn the hologram off and Tupac will really show up.
    Therefore making everybody look stupid.

April 23, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  11. rcj112

It's not a hologram you fools. He's still alive. He only faked his death so he could sell records. SHEESH!!!!

April 19, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. jade

Tupac is like immortal or somthin

April 18, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. tarzan

Wow i think thats pretty cool of them. tupac was an amazing artist who spoke upon very touchy subjects in alot of his songs. i think alot of the people who slander him and hip hop as a whole, are just too narrow minded and ignorant to see that the way they like things isnt always appealing to someone else. as a fan of everything from rap to oldies., i have found the good in every form of music. and i believe the rest of you should appreciate that.

April 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Maria

That was neat.....creepy but neat!

April 17, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJG3rlsWQk&w=640&h=390]

April 17, 2012 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. KajinPL

I watched that online this morning. That was so life-like that it was scary.

April 17, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  17. nippids2012

"If any of u has no sin,then cast d first stone" n as a result of dis statement,grown men saw their balls off.Dnt judge d man but d building blocks.The poor guy got spoilt before he was 12yrs.Dyu judge a man blinded at this age? Swallow ya verdict coz surely they sound trashy.

April 17, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  18. BigBadBob

So here you had a piece of **** crapper that sucks now as bad as when he was wasting oxygen and the media picks up on it. Didn't deserve time before – certainly doesn't now

April 17, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • @ BigBadBob

It's a good thing you don't decide who deserves what. Maybe instead of complaining behind a computer you should go do something you feel is more worthwhile to society and get paid for it. He got paid for doing what he wanted to do... and quite well might I add. Maybe you should make a career in music and make money, or work at a nice firm or even be the boss of your own firm! Oh wait, that's right... you'd rather sit here on the computer talking trash... got it!

April 17, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  19. Dave

Not news. Thanks, ass.

April 17, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  20. Gspadez

Whats gonna happen when the world is runner by this technology and all the tyrants are vacationing off sure with the supposed deceased?

April 17, 2012 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  21. CN Red

Jeeze. The dude got famous and rich using the N word and throwing the finger.

April 17, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  22. Dorian

My son was a big fan of Tupac's. Whe I asked him if he would like to see a concert like this with his son, he said "who's making the money. If it goes to Tupac's mom, "yes", but to Death Row Records, "no"

April 17, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. Izoto

Incredible. I hope they do Biggie next.

I'd love them to do MJ as well, but when he was black– his prime days.

April 17, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  24. that annoying windowsdingbell you always hear

why is it that at certain points when pac is rapping he sounds like his nostrils are flarred more?

April 17, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  25. @modelvsdirector

this is so cool! awesome... I love it!

April 17, 2012 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  26. roni

It's very sad that every time there is a story about a minority, there are a bunch of ignorant racial comments. I bet they are losers in life making these comments and they feel better after they have spread their misery....

April 17, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  27. Cityufangels

Tupac's image on stage then vanishing into death made me cry, I'm grieving for my sister who died and sometimes I try to conjure her up or imagine really hard that I can see her with me, but this made me sad all day it wasn't wrong but it wasn't right. The finality of death and missing a loved one to the core of one's soul is what that performance did to me.

April 17, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  28. Wypożyczalnia samochodów Gdańsk lotnisko

I'll right away grab your rss as I can't to find your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

April 16, 2012 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Steve

http://www.tupacshakurhologram.com for the best quality performance videos

April 16, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Steve

http://www.tupacshakurhollogram.com for the best quality performance videos

April 16, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Dmitriy

just cuz none of you listen to rap, you cant call it 'not music'
    at points it has sold more copies than any other genre
    it has influenced society in more ways than you all can imagine thru how ppl express themselves
    RIP Tupac
    and for all those saying 'why bring a dead man into this to make money, let him rest in peace...."
    this cost 10 million to make, it was not just for the money, dre n snoop did this to commemorate the most influential voice in rap music

April 16, 2012 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  32. g

who?

April 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  33. smh

This effect is accomplished the same way as the ghosts in the ballroom in the 'Haunted Mansion' ride at Disneyland (which opened in 1969!). It's neither a hologram nor new technology. Still pretty cool though.

April 16, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  34. lt

He's dead i was cutting the hospital admin. hair of the hospital in las vegas when he died and all the phone calls came in as to what to do with the press etc........hes dead...been dead sad but very true

April 16, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. talbet

Hologram Tupac shoots nothing but blanks.

April 16, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Me

Reading people's ignorant comments never ceases to amaze me.

April 16, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  37. renee kookies

Its amazing how racist and mean ppl can be. People of all races make mistakes but for you guys to make comments like this is ridicolous. U all are a piece of trash with no lives to say. And if i seen every last one of you i'd probably spit in your faces u digusting B***Hes.!

April 16, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  38. oh yea!

If I had the hologram I would created 10 ladies and put all them in my living room so I could party and dance with them

April 16, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  39. puhlease

@Chris....you don't know anything about a kid being killed by Tupac or his gang/entourage? Google it. And what a sad world that we remember Tupac the thug and his "music" but forget a little kid that got killed in his crossfire. If people relate to his music because they live in the world of gangs and murder and hate...maybe you should stop listening to it and CHANGE YOUR WORLD....and pull up your pants while your at it.

April 16, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  40. What should be said. Now move on.

That was amazing.

April 16, 2012 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Matt

I hope his family receives the proceeds raised in that concert. Using his name, and material and all..

April 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Trish

Wow

April 16, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Just the facts

I am a fan of Hip Hop music (not all). We all have our faults. Tupac's was put out thier for us to see, though he did things that we may all not agree with. For those of you who want to shoot him down, if you really want to know there where different sides to this man(his story is out there). He did a hell of alot more good than bad. Like they always say and we all know people tend to remember the bad things you do more than the good.

April 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Pedro

I must say that I have no love for foul Rap, just too much cursing and racy But, I must say Snoop/Dre damn good job using Holograms. I think we will see more of this in the future, with performers on various stages. I also heard this may be the next new wave of teleconferencing and future television. best to all.

April 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  45. pure

Tupac came out and killed every song Since 1996 in a second. Tupac the Immortal!

April 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JG

Someone just said "you can't talk a song and just call it music"........I have never heard rap dumbed down THAT much! How hilarious, as if being able to write like some of those artists write and perform doesn't require talent. What about singers who get singing "help" from digital enhancements, or music written by someone else, or the ones who can't play a single instrument...they just show up and "sing". So be fair, no music is music unless it's a symphony or instrument player since it all can be marginalized. SMH...

April 16, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ JG

Wow. Well said. It's not often someone makes sense in a post.

April 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

But all that yabbering does not change the fact that you can't talk a song and call it music.

Rap sucks.

April 16, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ derp

It's fine if you don't like rap. Your argument, however, is simply based on the fact that you probably haven't listened to any lyrics to a REAL rap song... and I'm not talking about today's garbage that preaches drugs are great, money is power, and the more girls the better. People wrote music back in the days that talked about cultural issues and current events. I don't expect someone with ADD like yourself to comprehend that, though.

You sit here bashing a genre yet we haven't heard what you like. I assume you're just doing it to troll because that's all you're good at (and you're not even good at it). OR, if you want to prove me wrong, provide us examples of what YOU consider good music.

April 16, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

I listen primarily to jazz and blues. Sometimes a little classical.

And rap still sucks.

April 17, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  47. Paul

As thrilling and innovative as this was (thrilling for rap fans that is), I find it disturbing that 'the dead can be raised' via computer programming. I am sure I am not the only one who can see how this technology could quickly be mis-used. Long dead celebs will star in 'new' movies! The Beatles will tour (sans the real living members)!

April 16, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rob M

The dead aren't raised here anymore than the dead are raised if you see a photo or movie/tv show of a dead actor/musician. See my earlier post on this 'new technology' which is actually very old and not a hologram at all.

April 16, 2012 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Choad

Tupac=Caput

April 16, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  49. lol

@ sadsadlonelyhumans true true and true . Just because people have internet they feel like they have to be rude and just plain mean. I love CNN dislike people that write negative things on here .

April 16, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  50. @sadsadlonelyhumans

Wow ALL of u people are pathetic, I cant wait til we all die, but it sux to know that most of u WILL have sh.tty deaths and I wont be able to see it. Anywa u can go back to being the worthless sacks of human waste u people are, what a waste of sperm u whack weaklings are.....btw why do YOU all tend to comment on dumb stuff but hardly ever post ur opinions on political or just stuff that has nothing todo with entertainment? Thats why U.S government will never give a crap about u, ur all brainwashed, ignorant, slow robots.....all I wrote goes to me too....to an extent anyway. I clean my eyes everyday...maybe YOU ALL should try it. YOU bunch of mixed MUTTS and then you have the balls to be racist, no ones pure. LEARN!!!

April 16, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  51. pathetic

For an article about a rapper who people think is talentless or someone they don't care about... he sure gets a lot of attention and comments. Are you guys just deprived of attention from your mothers that you need to repeat yourselves and make the same lame jokes over and over?

April 16, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Derp

I got some great advice from a Pac also once in my life:

"Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka." -Pac (man)

April 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. willy

kind of creepy and kind of cool.

April 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  54. john

We don't need that "thug" tupac back. zero talent and just a common criminal

April 16, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  55. angel

Tupac’s music helped me out during a very hard time in my life. Thank you tupac rest in peace . ” who knows a peaceful place where I can go , to clear my head I’m feeling low losing control “- Pac

April 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  56. cj

nothing not even technology can bring tupac back to life

April 16, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Austin J

Wow – really wish CNN did their research before saying something was a hologram. The technology you did a few years ago in your studio was completely different. This technology is analogous to a reflection of yourself in a window – in this case a reflection of a TV spot from a music video transmitted to expensive saran wrap to make it a clear through reflection. NOT a hologram! If they really spent $10 million on this, I figure I am in the wrong business – I should be selling the the technological illiterates – especially since Pepper's Ghost (the effect they use) is no longer covered by patent. ANYONE CAN DO THIS!

April 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  58. angel

Tupac's music helped me out during a very hard time in my life. Thank you tupac rest in peace . " who knows a peaceful place where I can go , to clear my head I'm feeling low losing control "- Pac

April 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Fidesdot

The whole pac thing is now being demonized mre than his being possessed into to useless his life and ended up in child death, Dre and Snoop should be ashamed of using dead glory to boost their popularity and polish their dying images.

April 16, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  60. yo yo yo

yo yo yo get off tupac he da man he gotzes mad skillz no wut i'z sane i gonna robz me some hill billies

April 16, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  61. tmartin

You guys reek of racism and fear stick to what you know fear and security systems you 50 year old hill billies don't raise your kids like you or they will be born into sin asap thou shall not fear! Thug life I'd rob all ya hill billies just on memory from pac

April 16, 2012 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Derp

HAHAHAHA! LOL! Typical reply from a typical Tupac fan... Why you don't you go join your role-model in "Jamaica."

In case you are too slow to get it, that means go kill yourself and thin out the stupidity gene.

April 16, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Michael

Nice Language on the video, what has this society come to? Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me who do not care about anyone but themselves. And for all those out there who will cry race its all races that are acting this way.

April 16, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  63. ptsdLOADING

I hope that their families are receiving royalties for the likenesses to be displayed!

April 16, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Dan

RAP = CRAP

April 16, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  65. karnas

No one cares he is dead remake of useless noise....get over it

April 16, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  66. izu

long live shaku, you back in good go boy, hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  67. talbet

Hologram Tupac seems to be losing his edge.

April 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  68. barrel

Tupac fO' LiF£ ....love his Music.....

April 16, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPYTPUOCGGc&w=640&h=390]

April 16, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Derp

They shouldn't waste the technology on brown skinned has-beens like Tupac. They should bring back honest, down to earth WHITE people... like Michael Jackson!

April 16, 2012 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Orange Sunshyne

You know what Tupac spelled backwards is?
    CAPUT

April 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • malsings07

Orange Sunshyne- stop being a hater I'm sure he would not have liked you, or what your real name means backwords, frontwards or on both sides.

April 16, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  72. bookworm74

I am not a fan of rap, but was intrigued by the headline as I cruised around cnn website. After watching the video....WOW! Technology has some pretty cool applications!!! Knowing I was watching someone who has been deceased for quite some time...up on stage and not looking like a blinky video was neat. Thanks for sharing video CNN.
    To everyone else that is trying to make it a race or music preference issue.... hush. watch the video, say "oohhh" and then move on. 'nough said.

April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Ant928

Please...don't we have other better uses for technology than promoting some dead, no talent, hack?

April 16, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Ant928

That's like asking yourself if you have any better use for technology than writing your useless opinion in a public forum on someone who actually had more talent than you ever will.

April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • ibeatsadchildren

Like Rob M said, this isn't new technology. So, no. But I could say the same about your use of a computer...

April 16, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

You mean the dead no talent hack that has sold more records from the grave than many living artist who have released albums at the same time? It amazes me when people with no talent say that those that do have talent don't really have talent.

April 16, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • malsings07

Ant928....No Talent??? apparently the record companies didn't think so and the fact that this is the first time or at least that I know of, a hologram appearing in concert being very innovative.... but what do you know.

April 16, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  74. ja

pretty soon theyll be hosting concerts of dead bands or long gone.. imagine seeing jimmy hendrix in concert again, or the rolling stones circa 70's.. or gladys night.. coolness

April 16, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Rob M

This is not new technology – nor is it a hologram. This is merely Pepper's Ghost effect as seen in Disney rides. It actually goes back further than Disney. Check it out in Wikipedia. The only thing they bring new is the portability of the effect. This was done a bit ago with Gorillaz /Madonna concert as well.

April 16, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Georgezimmerman

Next stop COACHELLA!

April 16, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Blondes4black

Once you go black your gonna need a wheelchair
    Once you go black you won't go back!!
    8=======================D

April 16, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  78. EBUS NWAGONMA

I luv dis breaking news

April 16, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Yuri

...even after all these years, and I'm WHITE by the way, 'Pac is and shall forever be the greatest rapper/musician.

April 16, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  80. tracie

They could probably do one with him doing number two on stage. Poooop poooooop.

April 16, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Jake

Tech is cool, but still kinda creepy!

April 16, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  82. puhlease

So these are our idols? Tupac Shakur? Didn't this man shoot a cop, rape a woman and also contribute to a 6 year old's death with his gang association....really? Glorified thug life is disgusting and sends the wrong message to our kids...please, for God's sake, don't be like Tupac.

April 16, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

@puhlease Yes 2Pac raped a women just like Mike Tyson and Kobe Bryant (sarcasm) the case involving the shooting of two OFF DUTY POLICE OFFICERS was dropped because one of the officers drew his weapon on 2Pac first without identifying himself as a officer thus himself and his cop friend got a little more that they bargained for and I have no clue about a kid being killed and somehow that being Pac's fault.

April 16, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  83. pheask

where is george zimerman when you need him!

April 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Tobes42

Tupac is looking down like, damn I'm still killing it even though I'm in a 3D hologram! Man I wish he was still around.

April 16, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  85. T.rex

Dang.. Shoot me dead too, if you can bring me back with abs like dat!

April 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Rasta

Hez been seen in Jamaica in a picture next to his sister with new air jordans that were not released before he dyed.

April 16, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Keith H

Haters gonna hate. I loved the performance.

April 16, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  88. charles darwin

Aside from the impressive technology, tupac shukur was thugh who lived a "thug life" and died a thug death. No symathy for him here. And the people who are trying to build him up into some modern day prophet are doing the worst possible thing they can for young people.

April 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2pac 4ever

Do any of u know what THUG LIFE stands 4? The Hate U Gave Little Infants Fuks Everyone. Has nothing 2 do w a modern day prophet. Read up on some1 b4 u comment on their life or death. Maybe bc u were handed everything ur whole life is the reason u don't understand what its like 2 struggle just 2 maintain each day!

April 16, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Derp

IN THE NEWS TODAY: A Hologram was seen stealing a car in South Central Los Angeles. He was carrying a Forty and did a drive by at a local convenience store shortly after. MORE ON THE ELEVEN O'CLOCK NEWS.

April 16, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Charles Dewercs

If Obama had a son he'd look like Tupac

April 16, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  91. SONE

Everyone knows where the real music is at... KPOP.

April 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Ms. Nancy

Tupac Shakur, what a loser.

April 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • malsings07

Ms.Nancy- you're common and ordinary for that remark if you don't like Rap that's your opinion but Tupac definetly was not a loser not to have had the fame and fan base he has.

April 16, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • zazzlebelle

I dunno Ms. Nancy. If you died, would someone bother to make a hologram of you 6 years later? Who's the loser? Live and let live (or die and be a hologram in this instance). Let the rest of us appreciate what we saw. That was amazing. It gave me goosebumps and I think I didn't take a breath the whole performance. Technology is amazing, the gains we're making. Using those advances to recreate such talent, was awe-inspiring.

April 17, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  93. 2pac 4ever

Almost all of u leaving comments r not fans or hate 2pac so much...then y read the article? Never understand ppl who have nothn better 2 do then 2 talk trash especially about some1 who's dead. Real mature. Get some RESPECT or don't comment!

April 16, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ 2pac 4ever

Because aliases can be made up just like yours and mine, people use that to their advantage. If someone's ACTUAL name was exposed to the public, I can assure you a LOT LESS negativity would come out of forums. People know they won't get tracked and they won't get caught for their idiotic and childish ways.

April 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • @2p4e

Welcome to the Marquee, where there are no sacred cows. Im surprised there haven't been 50 posts full of n-bombs.

April 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Lucy

Ah, the hologram. I always wondered how everyone will be forced to worship the image of the Antichrist but now I know! Creepy!

April 16, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Wow!

Wasn't a huge fan of Tupac back in the day; however that was an awesome display of technology. Hologram concerts coming soon to a stage near you. Think of the possibilities...Michael Jackson concert???

April 16, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Capt EO

yeah, I would totally go see a hologram of Jackson, that show would rock!

April 16, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  96. warren

listen to heavy metal. Killing cats. Will murder my parents later.

April 16, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  97. if you hate rap so much

why do you go to chats wasting time by acknowledging it at all. obvious answer nothing better to do. but if thats the case you are pretty pathetic . if complaining about something is your pass time

April 16, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • @ if you hate rap so much

THANK YOU. Finally someone who speaks truth.

If you hate something it should be more reason for you to IGNORE the article. It's obvious people are just trolling around because if they didn't like something why should they speak so poorly about it? We don't need to see the disgusting reflection of your character, thanks.

April 16, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Mace

Awesome technology mixed with ancient ignorance. How long is it gonna take a brother to stop calling another brother n igga? Just enforcing the stereotype of "Its cause im black right", instead of profiling. Racism END with you-not them!

April 16, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  99. eminem fan

bonnaroo is better. but this was dope

April 16, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  100. yulg

this is crap!!!!!!! tupac stinks and so does rap!!!!!!!! what a waste of space

April 16, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  101. 2pac 4ever

Awesome! 2pac is and always will be the best rapper and performer! He always spoke the truth whether anyone was willing 2 listen or not. Just wish he was really there...Let his spirit and music live on! Makavelli 4ever!!

April 16, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • kuh

tupac stinks......he music stinks........ he is just a piece of swiss cheese, worm food now

April 16, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  102. رهملا لتيليدلب

How can anyone be listen to this rape music? I liking Guetta personally.

♪All the crazy stuff I done tonight♪
    ♪Those are being best memories♪
    ♪I just wanting let go for night♪
    ♪That being best therapy on me♪

April 16, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • GQ_336

You do know that Kid Cudi who is a rapper was on that David Guetta song right? "Memories" IS an awesome song though.

April 16, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  103. @@ derp

and @ derp = someone who sits on the computer all day with NO job

April 16, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • @@@ derp

You know this from first-hand experience?

April 16, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp troll

Leave the guy alone, he has to speak his mind because he has no other way to express it in his pitiful life. He probably gets oppressed at work by his superiors. How's flipping burgers going for you derp (aka @@ derp)?

April 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Sweet Jessica

We missed this year but hopefully will be at 2013s. Is the world still ending this December? Someone told me Dec 21 but wasn't sure.

April 16, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  105. ?

Well I didn't see any. We wanted some hotdogs and drinks. I'm glad I snuck in some beanie weanies. We had to scoop em out of the can with our fingers but it beat nothing.

April 16, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  106. N!ggardly

The mans dead, stop trotting him out to pimp your crappy brand. Neither Snoop or Dre has been anything special in years.

April 16, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • malsings07

They make big money for the record companies so if you think there going some where...they are not!!

April 16, 2012 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Son of a Sith

The least they could have done is have a pimped out R2D2 projecting the hologram.

"Help me Tupac Kenobi, you're the last hope for my flailing career."

April 16, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • failing career?

you obviously dont know anything about his career. get back to work you fool.

April 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  108. derp

Rap Music = Oxymoron

April 16, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • @ derp

And derp = middle aged troll sitting at his work computer when he should be doing work

April 16, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  109. Chris R

How incredibly disrespectful.

April 16, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  110. Yo Yo Mutha

And these ghetto thugs can't understand why people profile them as criminals. Could it be that they glorify the lifestyle? Muta F this.....mutha F that......put a cap in it......

April 16, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom, Tom, the Piper's Son

Exactly.

April 16, 2012 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • bbri0101

I'm so sick of the racist stuff. Godfather I II and III, Sparano's, Public enemy more recently Dillenger. If black people glorify gangsters I guess white people romantize it. I'm black and I don't condone it in either race. You should make blanket statements about a whole group of people.

April 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Holier than thou

Yea you're right. God forbid people start imitating the founding fathers who were slave owners and land thieves.Or the rich bankers who take people's homes. Or priests who molest kids. Or teachers who molest kids.

April 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • malsings07

Calm down...it's just a hologram.

April 16, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • malsings07

Yo Yo it's a brand and it's marketable think outside the box.

April 16, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?!?

Stop it! You sound ignorant. If you don't know or understand the culture, don't comment on it.

April 17, 2012 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  111. William

How awesome is that

April 16, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • @modelvsdirector

this is awesome! technology taken to new heights! so cool! i love it!

April 17, 2012 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  112. Dave

We left early. Wish I had stayed for this show. No one could find any concession sales. No hot dogs. No coca cola. No popcorn. I was parched after two days. They at least need some water fountains.

April 16, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  113. Pete

This technology will be lucrative in the alibi planning industry.

"As you can plainly see from this video tape we happen to have found, and to which witnesses can attest, my client was walking in a public park at the time of the crime."

April 16, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  114. Texan

-- Tupac- What a f#@*&^g great role model................................

April 16, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  115. renee

performance of the year!

April 16, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  116. Curt

That was shameful – using a dead man to bring in the money. Let the man rest in peace.

April 16, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Tyree

He isn't dead. Is living in Jamaica. Sorry Charlie.

April 16, 2012 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • @Curt

it was a surprise "appearance"... AKA everyone was there already had no idea that there would be a hologram of tupac... idiot.

April 16, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Tha Truth

Geezz only ppl like you would see it like that... they just wanted to perform with their mans again. they were all friends.

April 16, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • trubornJamaican

you just jealous because you didn't thought of it first

April 16, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

What money did they bring in, since the hologram performed at the concert unannounced, and people had already bought their tickets?

April 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  117. SpenderH

I am not much of a rap fan, but that was pretty cool.

April 16, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  118. Tyree

Ansolutely everyone in the business knows he is living on an estate in Jamaica.

April 16, 2012 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • matt

I hope you are kidding? If not, you're an enormous d_ouche!

April 16, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • trubornJamaican

You dont know jack, Tupac is laying low in the chapel of love with Biggie and Elvis

April 16, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Reality

See, Tupac really isn't dead! ;)

April 16, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  120. Tyree

Wasn't a hologram. He just retired. Pretended to be killed to increase sales.

April 16, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  121. Jay

as much as I despise rap...the effects are awesome, technology has come such a long way.

April 16, 2012 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Eric

I agree. Rap is like that ugly monster that just won't die. You can't talk a song and call it music.

April 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Tupac's Hologram

Where you at, B.I.G.? Yeah, what.

Am I still alive? Mystery continues...

April 16, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Tony Riggs

Dang
      Getting tired of hiding out with Elvis brings out the worst in society.....

April 16, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

She said Tu pack... HaHaHaHa..... that would be Tupac not 2 pack you moron

April 16, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • jb2817

Would have been better if they did another drive by in his black azz

April 16, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |