Ryan O'Neal battling prostate cancer
April 16th, 2012

Ryan O'Neal battling prostate cancer

Ryan O'Neal is facing a cancer diagnosis once again, but the 70-year-old actor remains optimistic.

As he reveals in a statement to People magazine , O'Neal was "recently diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer." While he was "shocked and stunned by the news," he says he still has a reason to feel fortunate.

In a previous statement, O'Neal erroneously said he had been diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer.

"It was detected early, and according to my extraordinary team of doctors, the prognosis is positive for a full recovery," he says in the statement.

He goes on to express his gratitude to friends and family for their support, and he also encourages "everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many."

O'Neal lost his long-time partner, actress Farrah Fawcett, to anal cancer in 2009, and was previously treated for leukemia in the late '90s.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Mac Strout

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you present. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information. Excellent read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

September 14, 2013 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. Fidelia Kill

Calcium from dairy products was associated with prostate cancer risk as well, but not calcium from other foods. In the researchers' opinion, their results support the hypothesis that a high intake of protein or calcium from dairy products may increase the risk for prostate cancer.".'`

Have a look at all of the most popular post on our blog
    <http://www.healthfitnessbook.com

July 1, 2013 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Soon Mauck

Bladder cancer characteristically causes blood (redness) in the urine. This blood in the urine may be visible to the naked eye (gross/macroscopic hematuria) or detectable only by microscope (microscopic hematuria). Hematuria is the most common symptom in bladder cancer.;"'`

Take a look at all of the most up to date write-up on our personal homepage
    <http://calaguastourpackage.com/index.php/

June 8, 2013 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Toshiba

We wish ryan and his prostate well

April 7, 2013 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. symptoms of bladder cancer

A person essentially lend a hand to make significantly articles I might state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to create this particular publish incredible. Great activity! symptoms of bladder cancer http://bladdercancercarcinoma.com/

April 7, 2013 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Leberkrebs Lebenserwartung

Excellent site. Lots of useful information here. I'm sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your sweat!

September 18, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Apricot Kernels

It's in reality a nice and useful piece of information. I'm glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

September 5, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. adrenaline xr

Magnificent publish, very informative. I'm wondering why the other specialists of this sector don't realize this. You should continue your writing. I'm confident, you've a great readers' base already!|What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & aid other users like its aided me. Good job.

May 3, 2012 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. abiti da sposa romantici 2012

CON LA COLLEZIONE DI ABITI DA SPOSA ROMANTICI 2012 HO VOLUTO REGALARE ALLE MIE SPOSE UN TOCCO DI PARTICOLARE LEGGEREZZA E CLASSE

May 2, 2012 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  10. Merced Cancer Therapy

El Portal Comprehensive Cancer Center is excited to announce a new era in multidisciplinary cancer treatment in Merced. Patient's here in our modern Merced Cancer treatment center have the advantage of seeing Cancer Treatment Professional including a medical oncologist and radiation oncologist in one visit.
    For more detail please visit us at elportalcancer.com

April 26, 2012 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Xcaret

If you do not know?
    Kyani product should be used 3 times a day
    Kyani Sunrise, before breakfast, high antioxidant
    Kyani Nitro FX-2×10 drops of nitric oxide protect cells
    Kyani Sunset-tocotrienol vitamin E Clean
    More info: in email or kyani.net/ID343678 :)

April 20, 2012 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. beenz

I hope he sticks around a while longer. I'd hate to think what would happen to Redmond if he passes. (not that he's in such great shape now)

April 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Comprehensive Cancer

April 18, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
  14. Feel better Ryan..praying for your good health....

You are a great actor and a kind man, my prayers are for your rapid recovery.

April 17, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. MalcolmXcrement

George Zimmerman was bravely battling cancer as well. Where is HIS feature story??

April 17, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Read the article

"As he reveals in a statement to People magazine , O'Neal was "recently diagnosed with stage 2 prostate cancer." "

April 17, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • MalcolmXcrement

O'Neal has prostate cancer, and Farrah had colo-rectal cancer. What kind of message are they sending us??

April 17, 2012 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jennifer maggio

Am I the only one who read the words erroneously diagnosed w/ stage 4 cancer? He has stage 2 prostate cancer NOT stage 4. All those comments about stage 4 & no one seemed to catch that one word.....eroneous.

April 17, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  18. plato

more and more computers in trailers these days

April 17, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  19. Skunk-the-Noodle

Ryan has done much to entertain those of us who enjoy TV and movies. His personal life is his own, unlike most of us, his personal life isn't private.
    Farrah was a rare beauty, a gifted actress, and a kind, loving person. She shared her own battle with cancer to bring awareness to the disease. I wish any of us facing death even half of her courage and grace.
    To those of you making your pathetic remarks, you should be ashamed. I'm aware that you are not.
    judith fox folsom

April 17, 2012 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  20. Dan

I'm a big fan of his role in the series Bones as Dr Brennan's father. I'm glad he's gonna be OK.

April 17, 2012 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  21. Frank

Oh so it was stage II instead of stage IV cancer. I couldn't imagine how badly his doctors were lying to him if they said he had stage IV and expected a full recovery. At this point, it's still curable for sure. Stage III and on starts getting bad.

April 17, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sandy

I hope you get to read this, Ryan. I had written you after Farrah passed and now this. Again, I am so sorry but if anyone was an example of a fighter, it was Farrah so I know you can do it too. I pray your drs. have the knowledge and skill to treat you so you will heal. As I told you before, if I can help in any way, please let me know. I am a great cook and nurse. I am also not some weirdo/ I was married 28 yrs. and have 3 fantastic kids. You can see me on facebook under Sandy Wilson, I wish you good health and happiness with peace within you.
    Sandy

April 17, 2012 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  23. Richard Fore

They both suck AZZ so I hope they fu<king suck my co<k

April 17, 2012 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  24. Margeaux

Wow, he mixed up stage 2 and stage 4? Believe me, he won't mix them up when he has stage 4.

April 17, 2012 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  25. Old School

The Article says stage 2 cancer.

And it only took 90 posts before someone brought politics into the thread.

Ping! We have a winner.

April 17, 2012 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  26. ericke

Although I do feel bad for anyone dealing with a situation like this, I don't understand how someone can "mixup" and say they had Stage 4 when it was Stage 2. Either way, I wish him the best.

April 17, 2012 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  27. king kong

so Farrah had anal cancer.....
    ryan has pee pee cancer....
    sounds like some fudgesickle dipping to me....

April 17, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  28. jerry

He will be fine. Only the good die young. Oh 70 isn't young!!! Oops.

April 17, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  29. PhilG

Wonder who Ryan is going to beat the shxt out of to deal with this little tidbit of bad news.

Farrah's escaped.

April 17, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  30. ChewOnMyMeat

Stage 2? Dude manup. That ranks up there with a bad case of the flu. Guess he'll do anything to get back in the news.

April 16, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • marie

Shame on you! In 1999 at 39 years old I got diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer right side, then in 2008 I again was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer on the left side. I now have spots on my liver and trust me my body and spirit have been tested farther then the flu!

April 17, 2012 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
    • BobTheBuilder

@Marie: you are comparing walnuts to melons. Almost all men get some form of prostate cancer. It typically hits us at an older age. Usually confined and does not spread. Ie, a 70yo male with stage 2, is not rare, and is not life threatening. Sorry to hear about your problems, keep fighting and living.

April 17, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Rogue351

Yes it is sad that he is battling cancer. But the fact is that thousands battle cancer every day and they do not make the front page of the news. This actor has a better chance of survival because he is rich. everything is easier when you are rich. what about the thousands of people out there that cant afford treatment because the Republicans are against universal health care ? What about them ? Sure if this guy beats it he will more than likely donate a few thousand dollars that will then be floated into the pocket of yet another rich person managing the charity. When do the America people actually get something for being part os a first world nation ? The Republican party is forcing the lower income and the middle class out of this nation. If you make under $500K a year you are nothing to no one and you have no say what so ever in the eyes of the rich. But everyday there are good old boy Republicans that make $20k a year out there pushing for the Rich to lead us down the road of prosperity. Why because they fear their guns will be taken away. Take the dam gun and just maybe we will not have to put up with as many gun crime 50 years down the road. I for one is sick and tired of being lead by the elite. Lets get back what our founding fathers truly envisioned. A candidate that is a Public Servant not a career politician only out to make more money and gain more power off the backs of the lower income and middle class with their only purpose to fuel their over inflated elitist ego.

April 16, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Ken Cosgrove

What were those two shoving up their rectums????

April 16, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  33. LeighVA

It really sucks to grow old, doesn't it? Someone close to me recently said living into the 7th decade of one's life is the hardest ~ because it's all down hill from there. :=(

April 16, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  34. laura

amazing that of all the comments I read only two people realized he has stage two and misspoke previously. And only one person acknowleged that anal cancer and colorectal cancer are different things. Most people on here are crass and stupid...nothing new in the world apparently.

April 16, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Joe

While it does suck he has cancer, I must http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KyBdPeKHg.

April 16, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. ccrizz

What most of u lack is compassion.Shame on you.

April 16, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Luis Cipher

It is all Farrah Fawcett's fault!

April 16, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. marion

The reality is he will die from something else. Most men get this.

April 16, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  39. dixieo

I really do not like this selfish sob, but i am sorry to hear he has prostate cancer. but then again, maybe he will film it like fawcett and make lots of money before he dies.l

April 16, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. gordyb102

There is a big difference between stage iv and stage II prostate cancer. When it was first reported as stage IV which means already spread to the bones or other areas he was in for a difficult ordeal. Stage II , depending on how aggressive the cancer is, he will have treatment options with a good chance of success. I wish him well.

April 16, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bertie

So why do you want to tell us that. Men battle prostate cancer every minute, he is no more important than anyone else.
    Besides we heard that story a couple years ago. Why the sympathy publicity???? Sorry anyone has cancer, but for gosh sakes tell the sad news about someone who has nobody. I bet you care less if a homeless man is diagnosed with cancer.

April 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Faye

I keep him in my prayers.

April 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  43. lroy

This may sound crass to you guys, but having your prostate removed BEFORE you get cancer-if you're high risk-might not be a bad idea. Don't know if it would count as elective surgery or insurance would pay for it, though.

April 16, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Deb Ragosta

Stage 4 cancer is staged at that level because it has already spread to a distant site an is not curable. Many people survive many years, but a complete recovery at stage 4 is simply not possible. Keep in mind that this is coming from a man probably who has an excuse for every bad thing that's happened to him in his life. Unfortunatey, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree – look at his kids!

April 16, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Juan

Pack your bout with lots of marijuana!! it could help, one way or the other!!!

April 16, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. trix are for kids

I'm surprised Evel would stoop that low. Then again, with his recent trolling around I can't say I'm surprised anymore. With that said, here's to hoping Ryan can make a recovery. It may be too late, but one can only hope for the best.

April 16, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Pete S

Please do not make joke of diseases, Anybody can get cancer anywhere in your body. That's not funny. Please have some respect for those patients.

April 16, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  48. GaPeach

And I have to add..to all the jerks making the horrible comments.........Karma can be a bi*ch!

April 16, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ GaPeach

Kids (and even some middle aged people, which I'm sure people like "Evel" are) on the internet can easily hide from other people... but no matter where you are you can't hide from cancer. I agree with you and others who are upset at the many trolls/ignorant people who spew such garbage and negativity towards a suffering human being for the purpose of getting reactions or making a joke (which btw is tasteless).

While I don't believe in karma, I do believe disease can sneak up even on the healthiest of people... so don't take your lives for granted people. Do your part and have sympathy for those who don't have as fortunate of lives.

April 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  49. JEAN HOPKINS

I FINALYY GOT TO READ ALL THE WAY THROUGH HOW SICK THIS WORLD ID TODAY YOU PEOPLE ABOVE THAT CALL YOURSELVES HUMANS NO MATTER WHAT RYAN O'NEAL HAS DONE HE IS A HUMAN IT IS NOT FOR YOU TO JUDGE HIM ONLY OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST HE HAS A SON AND DAUGHTER FRIENDS AND FAMILY CANCER IS A MONSTER PRAY YOU OR NOONE IN YOUR FAMILY EVER HAS TO DEAL WITH THIS IF SO GOD HELP YOU THEN YOU WILL SEE HOW CRUEL YOU HAVE THOUGHT AND SPOKE MAYBE THIS WILL BE YOUR WAY GOD WILL HAVE YOU ON YOUR KNEES

April 16, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • CDOPHX

Your Caps Lock key is stuck on. Having one hand on your hip and waggin your finger on the other doesn't really help you make your case, but I bet you feel better now.

April 16, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Julia

If you want a glimpse of where the American mentality is and their spirtuality is not – read these comments. I don't like Ryan though I enjoyed some of his movies. I think he was a terible father and horrible example. He has no couth and has had some really dumb comments about Farrah and Tatem BUT that is no reason to mock the man in illness or be unladylike or gentlemenly in remarks concerning Farrah"s illness. Have you ever had a bleeding hemmoroid – well how would YOU like to have cancer and rawness in that area still necessary to eliminate. I would not wish any kind of cancer on my worse enemy or an animal either. some of you need to wake up and grow up and develop some kind of human compassion least the same or worse come upon you.

April 16, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  51. GaPeach

Anyone who would make sarcastic remakrs about Farrah or Ryan's cancer are sick f*%ks. It is a shame you are able to post them.

April 16, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Linda Luttrell

The correct term is colo-rectal cancer...not anal cancer. Both men & women in their 40s to 50s, depending on family histories for cancer, should be screened regularly. Men, in your 40s and 50's get those PSA levels checked. It saved my best friend's life. A colonoscopy is the hardest test you'll ever "prep" for. The procedure is a piece of cake. I have it regularly since I've lost several friends and co-workers to colo-rectal cancer. For those of you who think it funny, you'll change your tune quickly if this, or any other form of cancer, affects you or those you love! Any form of cancer is never a laughing matter. I'm apalled at your insensitivity!

April 16, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BeadlesAz

Linda – the correct term MAY BE anal cancer. Please research the term – a good source is medlineplus.gov. It is a cancer in the anal tissue – frequently it is a melanoma. It is becoming more frequent, esp. in caucasian women in their 50s-60s. There is normally a history of smoking and/or HPV. I know this because I was diagnosed with it in 2009. Please learn facts before you make uninformed statements. Colo-rectal cancer is in the colon or rectum – totally different from anal cancer. If you are relying on a colonoscopy every 3 to 5 years, you could be dead long before then if you get anal cancer. It is fairly aggressive. The best *test* is a digital rectal exam EVERY YEAR (doctor inserts lubricated gloved finger in anus.) And, if you think you have a hemorrhoid – get it checked by a doctor ASAP.

April 16, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. tracie

I don't want to get this myself. I sure pray you and me and others don't get this. Please get a prostate exam regularly. It can save your life.

April 16, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  54. GaJanie

The prognosis may be good because its a type of cancer that responds well to treatment, but it was definitely not caught early.

April 16, 2012 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  55. onoudont

Most doctors do not consider Stage 4 prostate cancer to be curable.

April 16, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  56. James K.

He just needs to wipe better and the situation will work itself out.

April 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Bob In Denver

Some of the comments here are absolutely disgusting. Someday if you or one of your loved ones get cancer you'll find out how unfunny it is.

April 16, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtbrno65

That's a terrible thing to wish on someone just because they like to make jerk comments anonymously on a keyboard!

April 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Lewis

I really hate that for him, but he has had an amazing life. He has had everything that he ever wanted and he hasn't always been a nice guy.

April 16, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  59. alleycat

most of these comments make me ashamed to be an american

April 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  60. lynne

Julie...
    If you had a relative with stage 4, then you should know that that is DEFINED as cancer that has ALREADY spread. There IS NO catching it before it spreads. That would be an earlier stage. I am sorry if you have had a relative that suffered this, but you still seem quite ignorant as to the details of the illnesses.

April 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

How many posts here basically say, "Sorry for your misfortune, but you're still a jerk"?

April 16, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  61. JackTaraz

Proof again that he and Farah were a couple of "A" holes.

April 16, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  62. jon

Stage 4 is not caught early, Stage 1 would be. Stage 4 doesn't mean your on your death bed, it depends on if it is aggressive fast growing or slow growing. I have stage 4 non- hodgkins indolent(slow growing) for over 2 years and have had no treatment yet. I prefer to "watch and wait" and eat a good diet over toxic chemo.

April 16, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  63. WilmaWonka

I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

April 16, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  64. BeadlesAz

To those posting immature and inane comments about "butt cancer." Let me tell you about it. I was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2009 just as Farrah Fawcett went public with the type of cancer she had. Yes, it is embarrassing. I avoided the actual diagnosis by calling it colon cancer for the first couple months. But it is actually in the anal tissue. It is most frequently tied to a history of SMOKING and/or HPV virus. Read up on HPV – it is the most common STD. It is estimated that 20 MILLION Americans have HPV. Despite the purported rarity of it during Ms. Fawcett's treatment – it is actually increasing in frequency. The most common victim – white females in their 50s and 60s. Initially I thought I had a hemorrhoid – by the time I got to the doctor, the cancer had gotten into my inguinal lymph nodes (groin area). I had 6 weeks of daily radiation and two rounds of chemo. So be as childish as you want in your posts- but think about your mother or sister going through that. Imagine bowel movements and urination when you have NO SKIN in your groin area. I'm now 2-1/2 years post-treatment and still cancer free. But I have lymphedema in my legs (swelling), severe scarring in my "plumbing," an overactive bladder, and other post-treatment side effects. But, I'm alive and hope that I can help others avoid what I went through. BTW, HPV causes several cancers besides cervical (the one that gets all the media attention) and anal cancer. It is also a factor in oral cancer and penile cancer.

April 16, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2012

People are idiots until it happens to them. Cancer can strike anywhere and either way, it's not funny. God Bless you and I wish you luck!

April 16, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay

Some people live in a deep dark hole and have no sense of compassion or decency. They're trying to cover up their own sad lives with raking others over the coals. Always feel better, don't you, you sad sack of humanity?

April 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leni

Don't expect much compassion or intelligence on these message boards...a lot of the nasty comments are posted by kids under 12, and the adults are just anonymous cowards.

April 16, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • marie

Thank you so much for a very clear and understandable explanation! Your a wonderful example of knowledge, on a not so often talked about subject! Peace be with you.

April 16, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Tom

If it's "Stage 4" cancer then that means that the cancer has already moved from one part of his body to attach itself and attack some other part of his body. Generally, Stage 4 is the final (terminal) stage of a cancer. It means that the cancer has "broken out" and has begun to spread. The actual time period or length of Stage 4 varies in people, but it is by no means a good sign; exactly the opposite. Most peculiar is the assertion that his doctors "detected the (Stage 4) cancer early". If they detected Stage 4 then, by definition, this is not an "early" detection or event. In fact, it indicates that he's much closed to the end than the beginning. How "close" to the end he is, is not possible to determine from the few facts presented by the article. Good luck to him, but Stage 4, in and of itself, signals a grave and deadly serious set of conditions.

April 16, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtbrno65

What he unfortunately might have meant, is that he had a recent checkup with no cancer, then went to his next checkup and had stage4. If that's the case then he's probably dead by the weekend because that means it's rapid onset and is tearing through his body like a wildfire.

April 16, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  66. w.s.

Cautious I mean.

April 16, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Mark C

there is nothing humorous about cancer. period. not even your worst enemy getting it. I have a diagnosis of stage 4 prostate cancer since 2002 and with an excellent team of doctors, I have a prognosis better than most. It is a diagnosis that indicates a spread to other areas, initially lymph nodes and then to other areas, primarily bones (very painful). it is NOT an early stage diagnosis as he claims. those that make crude comments on this post have never had a personal or family history of cancer or you would think twice before you made those types of remarks.

April 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • tracie

not even butt cancer ? I bet it would make your poooots smell funny.

April 16, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtbrno65

I'm sorry, but I think it is quite possible for a person to be vile enough to have that wished on them (not in this case though).

April 16, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  68. w.s

Seems like his doctors would be more cautionms with stage 4 cancer. Good prognosis? I thought stage 4 was more iffy than that. Odd.

April 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Isis

Stage 4 is pretty much on your death bed. I don't think there is any beating that.

April 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elaine

My older brother was diagnosed with Stage 4 prostate cancer SEVEN years ago. Today, although he still has it, he's doing just fine.

April 16, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Faye

The article says stage 2....

April 16, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  70. kira

"Stage 4, but they caught it early" Really? Stage 4 ISN'T catching it early. I hope he can beat it, but Stage 4 isn't good, is it?

April 16, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynne

Thank you, kira, for being the voice of reason. By definition, stage 4 means it was NOT caught early. This means that the cancer has matasticized (spread) to other areas of your body. Stage 4 invariably means it was caught very late. Stage 1 or 2 would be caught early.

April 16, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtbrno65

No, stage 4 is advanced prostate cancer that has already spread to other organs. I would be surprised if he lasts the summer.

April 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  71. رهملا لتيليدلب

Is punishment for too much American buttsēx. Problem in West is constant buttsēx.

April 16, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Phil T. Listener

What is wrong with many of you people posting here?
    Have you no sense of decency? How would you feel if one of your family members had this disease and read your childish comments? Or have you no empathy?

April 16, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • @ Phil T. Listener

You can pay for school, but you can't buy class.

April 16, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reilleyfam

Nice people deserve decent and nice treatment. Just google Mr. Ryan and you'll see what he and his clan deserve.

April 16, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • toadears

Many are children. Many are criminals. Many are lonely middle aged men with no girlfriend or wife. The kids are the meanest.

April 17, 2012 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  73. Evangenital

Maybe he will see Farah soon.

April 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  74. tracie

Its ok. He's 70 years old. That is older than everyone in my class put together. 17 of us each 12 and 13 years old equals 17 times 12.5 equals 51. Yeah. He is way older than me and my buds.

April 16, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • TraciesDumb

And people question why most Americans are considered stupid.

April 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike

"tracie" is a 45 yo lonely man who is wears stained wife beaters and lives in his mothers basement

April 16, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • D'uh

I hope it's a math class.

April 16, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • HUH???

What school do you go to? 17×12.5=51???? Are you kidding me?

April 16, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Nice to have you back, tracie. Never thought I'd say that.

April 16, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • rtbrno65

You tell your school for me that they're doing a bang up job!

April 16, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • AMcCaffrey

If you're 12 or 13 years old, you ought to be able to multiply better than that ...

April 16, 2012 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • nmead

Uhm.... check the math?

April 16, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • unowhoitsme

Tracie, You, too, will get old and die. So stop bragging about your youth and have compassion for someone that has a horrible illness. Once you have your first encounter with cancer, you'll stop being so mean and arrogant.

April 17, 2012 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  75. Freddo

O'Neal has Stage 4 cancer that "was detected early" and has a "good prognosis"? Stage 4 cancer is generally terminal, and indicates a late diagnosis. So... probably not Stage 4.

While I sypathize with him for suffering through cancer, he still seems to be quite the Drama Queen.

April 16, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • ceebee

Stage 4 deifinitely does not mean it was "detected early". Stage 4 means that it has spread to other locations.
      It could be that he is lying about the prognosis. In any case, best of luck to him in fighting this disease.

April 16, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • anna

I was going to say the same thing, it sound just like Michael Douglas, he was supposed to have stage 4 as well but I dont think he did, as you say stage 4 is almost as bad as it gets.

April 16, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

My Aunt lived 25 years with stage 4 breast cancer. Prostate cancer is a very very slow moving cancer, even when at stage 4 – as long as it hasn't spread (which it typically doesn't)

April 16, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Elizabeth

I can't help but wonder if the two forms of cancer are related.

April 16, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • c3po

does anyone want to mention that HPV is linked to prostate cancer and cervical cancer. and now ryan has popped up with prostate cancer after farrah died of anal cancer (which just as easily could have been cervical cancer). you do the math. its no laughing matter.

April 17, 2012 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  77. Evel Knievel

Odd that he has that kind of cancer since he's such a d1ck.

April 16, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • JEAN HOPKINS

YOU ARE A CRUEL (EVIL ) KNIEVEL AND YES I KNOW HOW TO SPELL HONEY WHAT WILL BE SAID IF THIS TERRIBLE DISEASE EVER TAKES YOU OVER YOU # 1

April 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reilleyfam

Harsh but true.

He stole Farrah from Lee Majors
      He arguably should be in jail for the way he treated his own kids
      He is such a toxic person that despite his talent no one in Hollywood will work with him.

EVEN JOHN McENROE THINKS HE'S A DICK!

April 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

You may know how to spell, @Jean, but you should meet my friend punctuation sometime.

April 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Keiki

Karma.............................................................................be careful.

April 16, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Faye

That's mean... but true!!

April 16, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  78. katmoondaddy

Good luck Ryan. Stage IV is tough to beat.

April 16, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  79. tracie

Cancer in the butt isn't funny or something to joke about. It is pooooopy.

April 16, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Keith

Wooooo. Farrah had behind cancer. That is embarrassing and terrible. I bet tracie had lots to say on that blog.

April 16, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |