Jada Pinkett Smith on breakup rumors: Will and I know the truth
April 13th, 2012

Jada Pinkett Smith on breakup rumors: Will and I know the truth

Jada Pinkett Smith has reiterated that she and husband Will Smith are not getting a divorce, and that any rumors to the contrary are “ridiculous.”

According to People magazine, the actress made these comments recently to French magazine Gala.

During the interview, the 40-year-old indicated that she and her 43-year-old action-star husband are “waiting peacefully for the storm to blow over” regarding ongoing speculation that they’re splitting up.

In fact, Pinkett Smith said, she and Will have often wondered why it was their marriage that was picked to come under attack in the media.

“I have no idea!” she reportedly said about the persistent divorce rumors, which began last August around the same time the then-"Hawthorne" star was accused of having an affair with co-star Marc Anthony, who had recently split from Jennifer Lopez.

“Every year, one celebrity couple is under the microscope," she continued. "This year, unluckily, it's us! I almost want to say that we should have been expecting it,” she said, adding, "Will and I know the truth.”

And just because a couple spends a lot of time apart, Pinkett Smith adds, does not mean their marriage is on the rocks.

"I travel a lot because of my work, just like Will does," she said. "But our lifestyle hasn't changed. Before we had the kids, we were already far away from each other quite often because of separate projects."

And it seems as if the trend will continue.

Will is currently filming the new M. Night Shyamalan movie “After Earth” with their son, Jaden, and this summer Jada is expected to go out on the road with their singer daughter, Willow.

1. Go away please.

your look silly enough as it is.....

February 11, 2013 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. Luna

Hi there very nice website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally…I'm glad to search out a lot of helpful information here within the post, we'd like work out more techniques on this regard, thanks for sharing. Luna http://naktefrauen.tumblr.com

February 11, 2013 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  3. Dhow Cruise

Oh .......Jada Pinkett Smith has reiterated that she and husband Will Smith are not getting a divorce, is noit it.....and that any rumors to the contrary are “ridiculous.”

January 29, 2013 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

she's a nothing. she's not attractive and possesses little talent. only thing interesting about her is her husband.

May 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. shifty

Tabloids do anything to sell their rags! Brad and Angelina have been breaking up for over 6 years!

April 16, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. LadyDi

Will and Jada are my favorite celebrity couple. I'm glad to know that the rumors are false.

April 15, 2012 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  7. ynot

I wish people would let them have some kind of privacy in their lives and quit spreading rumors...whatever may or not behappening is none of anyones frkn business except fot them...so all of you just stfu.....

April 14, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Patricia

SO, what's going on with Hawthorne? Did the show get canceled by someone? I found it to be very entertaining with the exception of the Marc Anthony drama. Is there another season?

April 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Eddie O.

Who cares?

April 13, 2012 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Em

Yeah

April 13, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Marcus

Will looks kind of strange in this photo.

April 13, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |