Frances Bean Cobain: Twitter should ban my mom
April 13th, 2012

Frances Bean Cobain: Twitter should ban my mom

Frances Bean Cobain is not pleased with her mother Courtney Love's reported recent tweets, and she's even asked Twitter to ban her from the social networking site.

Frances, 19, made the suggestion after Love touched off a firestorm via Twitter this week by suggesting that Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl had made sexual advances toward her daughter, as Gawker reports.

Grohl is a former drummer for Nirvana, the legendary grunge band that Love's late husband - and Frances' father - Kurt Cobain fronted.

Through her locked personal account, Love reportedly claimed in a series of tweets that Grohl had seduced the 19-year-old, something he has denied.

“Unfortunately Courtney is on another hateful Twitter rant," he said to CNN in a statement. "These new accusations are upsetting, offensive and absolutely untrue.”

Frances, too, blew her mother’s allegations off, concluding in a statement to CNN, "While I'm generally silent on the affairs of my biological mother, her recent tirade has taken a gross turn. I have never been approached by Dave Grohl in more than a platonic way. I'm in a monogamous relationship and very happy. Twitter should ban my mother.”

1. Puh-lease

Anyone who names their band "Hole" has problems anyway...

April 16, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Unko Billy

Courtney you sound very desperate! Its like you never had any for a while? chill-out lady and pay attention to your daughters gestures. Get a life! Jus hang loose stop being a mothergoose! Francies know right from wrong I'm sure? Don't do something you may regret later....!

April 15, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Matt Alley

Courtney is a nut job.

April 15, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Squeeb

forreal, quit blaming kurt for this. he was killed by someone other then himself *cough* Courtney *cough* so he didnt take any cowards way out, research it. its true.

April 15, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. humberto

Ann Oneill is a smuck.

April 15, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Please

This is old. Who here is in their mid 30s like I am, was a Nirvana fan, and KNEW any kids coming out of these grunge bands would be messed up today or have moms or dads still on heroin? It isn't a surprise people. And we don't want to hear Kurt's voice from Puddle of Mudd. Grunge is dead. Layne died too. Let's move on.

April 15, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. brubaczeckze

New Nirvana. They can do it again, this time with Wesley Scantlin who is the lead singer with Puddle of Mudd. Wesley has the same harmonics, pitch and enunciation as Kurt Cobain. There is nobody more similar in sound and style than that of Scantlin. Nirvana can keep all things the same......stay original in depth.....bring in Scantlin and continue on with Nirvana to the top of seattle sound. Nirvana doesnt have to help those with suicidal thoughts think that if they carry through with it (suicide) that their actions will end a good thing they were once a part of. Screw that. Nirvana had real talent that went further than Cobain. It was the enigma of the band and the spirit within. Cobain was awesome and the front-man, but he was a coward none-the-less. Suicide is cowardly. And nothing should end because of it. "You dont wanna be here, fine, we will continue without you." Listen to the song Blurry by Puddle of Mudd. Listen to his voice. He can project the same sound from the back of the throat, back of the nose, as Cobain did. New Nirvana come back. Be Nirvana.

April 15, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. brubaczeckze

Who cares whats going on or who said what. What matters, are the things that I can control: my job, my family and friends, and my talents. Everything else is something beyond me. We all can possibly live 80 years. Why waste it on someone elses account.

April 15, 2012 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. updated photos?

Is there any reason why the Marquee Blog can't post updated photos of Francis? Clearly she doesn't look like that photo anymore and you're confusing some of the people posting.

April 14, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. CeeBee

I do feel sorry for Frances. Did her grandparents raise her? I never really followed Nirvahna and Courtney Love.

April 14, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. skoobyfl

Smells like teen spirit.

April 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Christg

I think the things people posted here is awfull..i pray God brings love and piece to this family

April 14, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dizzyd

@Mary, M, NotYou – you guys rock!

April 14, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. NotYou

Joink= stupid

April 14, 2012 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. ghost of kurt cobain

If I was around, I would smack this biootchh around and mess her up real baaadd! Courtney gonna get her face smashed in. She just needs to go away. Go hit da crak pipe, u nast hoooo-bag

April 14, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tara D.

If you were around indeed,you took the easy way out left your little girl to an addicted mom and your sick friends.You guys kill me ,does anyone of you have any idea what it's like to have you husband take his own life?If Courtney wasn't strong she could have done the same thing that coward did.I hope her daughter's okay and if Dave Grohl did do what he's been accused of sooner or later he'll get what's coming to him.

April 14, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Courtney L

i been pimpin out Franny whenever I can. I like to watch as sum of her boy toyz pound on dat sweet box!! We both get all drunk and hook up sum 3-somes. I be all wrinkled up, but I can still schlob a knob like nobody else!!

April 14, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Courtney L

How can you all be so cruel? I am just trying to bilk money off anyone that I can, so I can continue to do mass drugs and party the rest of my life....just cuz I be a big ol hoooo-bag!!

April 14, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. emperorzero

Frances Bean was dealt a rough hand, but I'm glad she has had the strength (and grandparents) to develop into the young woman she is.

April 14, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  19. Marlee

Thanks for life mom and screw the rest. Courtney is a product of society. I'm Miss World somebody kill me, kill me pills, no one cares for me.

April 14, 2012 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Marlee

I be a lezzy and am lookin for sum butch dy-kos to pound me in da cornholio. Bring your super-sized strap-on meat stik and we can pump each other silly!!!

April 14, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kelly Lawte.

I believe the bast*rd did touch the kid,she's very embarrassed by it and by her mom because she knew she would make a scene.

April 14, 2012 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  21. bigfoot

Imagine what a power trip it would be for Grohl porking the flesh of his ex bandmate and ego nemesis.

April 14, 2012 at 4:15 am | Report abuse |
  22. Readabook

Credit in the straight world

April 14, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  23. Writerscramp

Damn, can you really blame him for hitting on that 19 year old ? 19 means legal and responsible for their own actions in all 50 states that I know of.

April 14, 2012 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  24. res

Foshizle!

April 14, 2012 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  25. proud marine momma

You people are disgusting. Guess all have forgotten he was a heroin user plus anything else he could get his hands on long before she was brought into th addictive picture. If frances chooses to diss her mother that's fine at least her mother didn't take the cowards way out by killing herself like kurt did. she definately has psych issues and always will. Frances is a beautiful girl who does not look like her father. He was seedy and gross just like courtney

April 13, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randall

He did heroin because he had a stomach illness that the doctors could not figure out, he was in pain all the time and they wouldn't give him morphine daily so he did heroin. Courtney got the heroin for him. She also tried to have him killed. She prolly stole all of his left over tapes and writings for her Hole lol and who kills themself with a shotgun ? Lol Think about it. Not sayin I'm right or your wrong cus who cares lol but this is what I've heard. Take care :)

April 14, 2012 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
    • hypatia

you're as sick as Love is for believing such tripe.

April 24, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  26. loulou

Let's give this woman some credit. I am glad to see a "healthy" woman after what she may have gone through. She is fighting an uphill battle as far as her genes (mental) are concerned. She seems to be strong and God bless her.

April 13, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Cheryl

I too grew up with a mentally ill, alcoholic mother. I'm now 50 and she is 72. We do not speak and it's because she wants it that way. I've accepted it and have moved on. Frances seems to have grown up to be a decent person. This could have gone wrong in so many ways. Cudos to Frances! Why in the world would her mother make those accustions. David Grohl should file a defimation suit against that doped up has been tramp!!!

April 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. joeblow

Francis is fat.

April 13, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Ms

Part of me is glad Kurt Cobain didn't live to see this mess. Courtney Love needs help.

April 13, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Joink

They surely must have raised Frances up to be a liberal and a spoiled brat, actually, the same thing. Cut off free speech like a good liberal. Amazing.

April 13, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

@Joink - right...because "liberals" would support cutting off free speech? If you're going to rant, and least get your hate right.

April 13, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amused

I cannot believe that you are so full of bigotry and hatred that you feel COMPELLED to turn an entertainment article into some sort of regugnant political cow terd rant! You are such a pathetic excuse for a human being. Do us ALL a favor and just shoot yourself now! PLEASE!

April 13, 2012 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amused

I be amused at all the butt pirates on this blog. They be ready to take a monster sized doner right up da poooper!! I will be that dude...I iz a flamer!!

April 14, 2012 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  31. Ginger

You can't pick your mother.

April 13, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Topaz114

I admit she's crazy and has no class whatsoever. However, I still LOVE the song "Violet." Whenever I hear it, I rock out in my car. :)

April 13, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  33. californiarestinpeace

Ol' Frances has always risen above the fray....and frankly, the substance abuse which is at the root of all this deviance...proud of you France..

April 13, 2012 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. gricha

Courtneyskindaprettyhopeshesnotajunkydadada

April 13, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Slayron

She certainly didn't help him find reason to live....

April 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Lilosmom

I have to agree with most of u however saying just killed himself because he was married to her mom, isn't a very nice thing to say never the less

April 13, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  37. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBO4sb0vCA&w=640&h=390]

April 13, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  38. plush

the only talent she ever had was opening her hole, but that really did not require much, just spreading her legs. She just needs to shut her mouth hole now

April 13, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  39. edvhou812

Reason why Cobain killed himself: He was married to Courtney Love.

April 13, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ssk

Poor kid – imagine having that as a mother? It's good to see you're a solid person Frances. Good luck with future endeavors.

April 13, 2012 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Thinquer

Too Funny!!! Courtney's disgusting antics in the 90s were a source of contention between between me and my daughter who decided Courtney was her role model. Hahaha! Now the Queen of Hole is having fun now with her own teenage daughter. It all comes around!

April 13, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  42. gah

okay, i look back and think about all the crap i had to deal with from my mentally ill mother growing up and i can't help but think – this girl has it about 100 times worse

April 13, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  43. theAntiELVIS

Pretty bad when your daughter qualifies the word "mother" with "biological"

April 13, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  44. social network

It sounds like Courtney needs help.

April 13, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  45. john david

WHAT HAPPEN TO THE MUSIC LIKE I USED TO LISTEN TO CASH.ELVIS EAGLES THE BEATLES THE ROLLING STONES AND SO ON

April 13, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  46. lionhearted89

It's one thing to rant and rave but when Courtney threatened Dave Grohl with violence is when she crossed the line. Her twitter accounts should be banned for inciting violence against another person.

April 13, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Chelzie

Frances looks, luckily, like her father. What a pretty woman she turned out to be.

April 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Sokman

Kurt's dead, Courtney's still here. Just doesn't seem right. At least he had talent, while she's shown time & time again she's norhing more than a waste of oxygen.

April 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • C pause C

Why do you think he committed suicide? He had that harping in his ear constantly. I'm sure she toyed with his mind and emotions. He checked out and she got all his money. Truly sad even though I wasn't a fan of his music.

April 13, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jazzy

I remember when Courtney Love said to me, "Jazzy, shut up and give me some heroin"

April 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

Strangers with Candy!!!

April 13, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whatsomeever

There's only three things I know that can cause Courtney to wail so mournfully: Lack of heroin, someone makin off with her junk, and not havin' heroin.

April 17, 2012 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  50. kristy

What a pretty girl she grew up to be. Thank god she doesn't look– or act– like her mother.

April 13, 2012 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • PS

Amen, sister. Couldn't have said it better. Frances Bean's "mother" couldn't hope to be half the class act her daughter has turned out to be.

April 13, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimboob

That IS her mother goofbutt.

April 13, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • derek

only a woman would call that mug "pretty" she's hideous.

April 13, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |