Jessica Simpson jokes about pregnancy weight
April 10th, 2012

Jessica Simpson jokes about pregnancy weight

If a recent tweet is any indication, it appears that Jessica Simpson is taking the ongoing conversation about her pregnancy weight in stride.

She reminded fans via Twitter to pick up her nude Elle cover before it leaves newsstands, because it was their "last chance to see me 'fat' aka PREGNANT on the cover of Elle," as she posted last Thursday. "I loved this shoot, [and it's] only on stands for a few more days!"

Though Simpson didn’t say so, the 31-year-old’s remark is being viewed by some as a rebuttal to “The View” host Joy Behar’s not-so-flattering comments about Simpson on her show last week, reports Us Weekly.

"Remember the time that Jessica Simpson was criticized because she didn't know the difference between chicken and tuna?” the comedienne said. “That kind of thing is more fun to criticize than the fact that the girl is fat. Most women who are pregnant are not supposed to gain more than 25 pounds. She looks like she gained a lot more than that."

The singer is expected to give birth later this spring.

1. Hot Chubby Women

Jessica Simpson is the best thing since sliced bread! Honestly, when I first saw her I never thought she was anything to write home about, but n ow with the extra weight...I'm in love!

July 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gastric bypass cost

Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to grasp a lot approximately this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I feel that you just can do with some % to pressure the message home a little bit, however other than that, that is magnificent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

July 21, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. bramj-soft

Hello there, You've performed a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

July 20, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Joy Behar

I am such a see you en tee!!

May 3, 2012 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. Kay

Geees so what!!! So she's gained weight... she's having a baby.... be more supportive people!!

May 2, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. paul

She is just plain FAT. Yes pregnant but FAT. She was fat 10 months ago as well, and she is FAT now. What a shame as she was beautiful, now she is just FAT.

April 21, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. otismus

She is probably gaining more weight than would be appropriate. She's not obese or disgusting, just carrying more weight than she should. What's shocking is that this is news at all. Women conceive and bear children all the time. Are they beautiful, or fat, or whatever? Doesn't matter if you're just a regular person. However Jessica has elected to put herself in the public domain so she needs to be ready to be the subject of conversation, positive or negative. So anyone who indignantly defends her, you can go suck your thumb and throw a tantrum all you want; she made her bed and can lie in it. Would I kick her out of bed? Yes. Do I have the right to share my thoughts and criticize her? Yes, because she has put herself out there. For all you blog followers out there who need to get a life, feel free to flame me. I'm not going to read any responses to my post because to quote Rhett Butler, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."

April 14, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. Weight gain?

I am 5'9 1/2". I was 160 lbs when I got pregnant with my first (a bit on the chubby side...), and thanks to excessive water weight, I gained 70+ lbs. My doctor KNEW It was a result of the complications of my pregnancy (hypertension and pre-enclampsia). I lost 30+ lbs with the delivery! The weight all came off within 18 months. WIth my second, I was 150 lbs when I got pregnant, and i gained 35 lbs. It was a totally different pregnancy and totally different weight gain. That weight came off by 12 months.

Jessica looks bloated and heavy but there is no reason to criticize her. She is PREGNANT, for goodness' sake! She is healthy, presumably the baby is healthy, and she can lose the weight if she wants, after she gives birth. Just like the rest of us.

April 12, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kaybird1108

Jessica can loose weight. Joy Behar will always be an old, bitter hag.

April 11, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. socalgal

Really...just consider the source.

April 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. k

my doctor literally just told me today that it's ok to gain anywhere between 15-70lbs during pregnancy. pretty irresponsible of joy to be making ignorant comments like that.

April 11, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. maxine

Joy Behar.... please shut up.
    I gained 30 lbs w/my 1st and only 17 w/my 2nd, everybody and every pregnancy is different.

April 11, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. lojenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQj5fyHeOHg&w=640&h=390]

April 11, 2012 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jackie

I gained 40lbs and lost it all. I totally sympathize with having a lot of fluid and amniotic fluid. I had the same problem and spent 2 weeks peeing all the excess fluid out. You just can't control that. And Joy Behar is in NO position to call anyone fat or ugly.....

April 11, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Alicia

I feel sorry for her. Been there, done that. She could also have some serious swelling going on. Swelling and gaining too much weight AND carrying what will probably be at least an 8-pounder is NOT easy. Maybe there's a little uncontrolled gestational diabetes mixed in as well? I can tell you from experience it could be all of the above, or just one thing, but it's more than pregnancy weight gain going on. I'd say add some pitting edema into the mix. You can see it in her face, poor thing. Lucky for her it's temporary and almost over.

April 11, 2012 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. mnstrpc

Joy Behar can STFU. The guideline is 25-35 lbs. I gained 38 lbs both times and lost it all, both times (currently 5'5" and 120lbs). So yeah, Joy Behar can shut her pie-hole.

April 11, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Nadbash

Didn't care before, don't care now. She's pretty but s t u p i d, so it really doesn't matter what her body looks like.

April 11, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  18. AZ Wildcat

She is well on her way to a life as a 300 pound Republican wife. Mooooooooooooooooooooo

April 11, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  19. angel1098

Face it folks...she is hugh...and the article still says she will give birth later this spring....my god...when will she end...

April 11, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  20. Aubrie

Joy Behar is actually the COW for such a rude and disgusting comment...

April 11, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  21. Rick

Fat ??? where...Hell she's pregnant....I'd take her in any day, She's hot, real hot !

April 11, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  22. MIKE

DYE HER HAIR AND SHE WOULD LOOK LIKE CRISTI ALLY PRE WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!!!!!!

April 11, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  23. CN Red

Jeeze, what a pig. Even her fingers are fat.

April 11, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  24. Ugh

Why is she 'joking' about her weight. No joke, she is just plain FAT. Romo must have seen this coming better than he can see a play developing on the field. Talk about "exiting the pocket" at the right time!

April 11, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  25. been there done that

jessica looks like she has preclampcia. that would explain all the weight gain and why she looks like shes full of water.

April 11, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Aubrie

Many pregnant women do, so all these jerks making these insensitive and ignorant comments need to back off and get a life... If you don't know what you're talking about, STFU!

April 11, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  26. k

I don't think anyone is attractive with a fat belly, pregnant or not!

April 11, 2012 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Whatever

Well it's good not everyone feels it's disgusting because then we wouldn't perpetuate the human race.

April 11, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
    • jess fan

k.....that's because you are just plain STUPID.

April 11, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  27. BG

Everything I have (and advice from multiple doctors) says 25-35 lbs for a woman with a normal BMI, but that can change if you are super tall, super short, are overweight, underweight, etc. It's just an estimate. A lot of women also retain water and fluid late in pregnancies – that weight is often lost within 2 weeks of delivery, if not sooner. It's all an estimate.

I don't really follow celebs, but I saw the cover she was on and she looked beautiful. I'm sure airbrushing helped with stretchmarks, dimples, etc., but still, she looked lovely. Joy Behar should probably shut her big, actually fat, mouth about this and let this woman, and other pregnant women, enjoy her pregnancy.

April 11, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  28. JR

Here's the thiing, each pregnancy and person is different. It doesn't change just from person to person, it can change from pregnancy to pregnancy with the same woman. It can be due to medical conditions that exist in one and not the other. And it definitely can be different after the first one, because now you're talking care of a second one and your habits have changed. Cultural differences, DNA, ethnicity, metabolism, body shape, age, health prior to and during...and then add habiits.

There is no way of diagnosing this woman from afar. People are making comments about her because they filter their opinion through their own bias, their own pregnancy experience, and what is expected of Hollywood. But pregnancies and labours are like snowflakes: no two are the same, even with the same woman.

And internally, people hold different belief systems when it comes to what you do during pregnancy. Some women focus on fun, eat what you want. Some focus on having a high protein intake to feed the baby. Some folks are merely worried about what their body looks like. And when it comes to Hollywood celebrities, some have personal trainers and nutritionists, and work out. And some have taken it so far as having c-sections a month early for no medical reason in order to avoid the last few weeks of weight gain and abodminal stretching so that they look 'good' when it's over. Not all good looking pregnancies are the result of a focus on health. And some of those women battle pre-existing eating disorders during all of this.

Regardless..none of it is anyone's business. I"m no celebrity groupie but I've seen the vitriole over this woman in the press and I think that it's repellent. My first reaction to seeing her was that I hope that she's happy, and that she and the baby are healthy.

As to Behar, I don't get how this is any of her business and how she knows how much this woman has gained. You can look 'big' and not be much over the mark. I gained 40 with the first but since I'm short waisted, I looked like a balloon. I exercised, shot for a very healthy diet, but with my body shape, any extra was immediately apparent. And I was on the too skinny side when I started.

I'm an RN and have seen many many pregnant women. Lots can go on with a woman's body under the radar, and it's not socially acceptable to announce your issues in public. It's also again, no one's business whatsoever. If the end result is that the mom is healthy and the baby is healthy, then the mother has done her job.

April 11, 2012 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  29. Strength essence

Things that should be avoided during pregnancy--> http://www.strengthessence.com/disease/Pregnancy.html

April 11, 2012 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  30. klapok

Leave the poor girl alone. Whether you like her or not, it's her business how much weight she gains. Obviously she doesn't care, so why should anyone else? I wish people would just quit cutting people down because of the way they look, especially when they're PREGNANT. I wouldn't want people reminding me of every pound that I gain while I'm pregnant.

April 11, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  31. sandy

I really don't see that it's any of Behar's business, but I guess she feels the need to spout off since Jessica is the head of a billion dollar empire, is having a baby and getting married to a hot athlete, and Joy recently had her show canceled. Whatever Joy may think about Jessica's intellectual abilities, she seems to be doing OK:) And she doesn't run around belittling others for no apparent reason.

April 11, 2012 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Maricmunoz

I think you are completely correct. One of my cousins gained 30 lbs. and her sister gained over 50 lbs. each when they were pregnent. Everone is different and Joy Behar is no beauty queen.

April 11, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Booo

Everyone uses pregnancy as an excuse to eat junk. When I got pregnant a couple of years ago, I thought I was going to "blow up" like Jessica. But I didn't. I was more conscious about what I put in my body because I didn't want my child to be unhealthy. I'm a curvy girl and I barely gained 22 pounds. Regular women make me sick lamenting on rich celebs who validate their lazy bums. Jessica is a billionaire who can afford the creme de la creme of pregnancy exercise instruction and chefs who probably make tofu taste like a porterhouse. Please!

April 11, 2012 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  33. gah

i meant "but everyone is different" – oops

April 11, 2012 at 2:35 am | Report abuse |
  34. @7:46

Why be negative? Sounds like you're jealous that she has the lifestyle and money to do so.

April 10, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • me[@@7:46]

Who res that troll other women are the jealous ones. Your mad bc nobody is jealous of a girl going to school to learn how to massage some p'verts azz. What a waste of your parents money.

April 11, 2012 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  35. real momma

WHO really only gains 25 pounds in pregnancy? A 5 foot tall chick? I (5'10") gained 40+ pounds for each of my pregnancies and lost it all in 4 months with zero effort. Jessica has a healthy pregnancy and isn't concerned about competing with her anorexic colleagues in show biz. The full term pregnancies that outwardly appear to be approx. 5 months gestation concern me a LOT more than Jessica. Leave her alone.

April 10, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • gah

women named Giselle who wear their pre-preggo pants home from the hospital.
      yes, you're only supposed to gain 25 pounds, but not everyone is different. i have a sister-in-law who has always been stick thin and even when pregnant still could wear regular jeans for half the pregnancy. then myself gained 50 pounds and lost it all shortly after. it's not that i enjoyed being fat (and i really was, i don't deny that) but with my PCOS and imbalanced hormones i was just happy to be able to have a baby and if i didn't have something in my stomach (like yogurt or fruit) i would end up in the hospital in need of iv hydration since once i started vomiting i couldn't stop.
      as long as she's healthy and the baby is healthy then it shouldn't matter

April 11, 2012 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
    • dianee

actually i gained 33 and 25 respectively with my two. it is possible...just sayin'.

April 11, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Osa6311

Right??? Only gaining 25 pounds is a GUIDELINE doctors use, but not something they enforce...it's not like her OB is gonna make her diet while she's pregnant, that's just asinine...I'm 5'2 , was 104 pounds at 4 months with my first one and 189 the day I had her...I was 95 pounds at 2 months with my second, was 145 when I had her, was 100 pounds at 2 months with my 3rd and was 192 by the time I had him, and the same can be said for my 4th – all my children were born big and healthy and I managed to lose all my wieght in time and am back down to 110....a woman's body is gonna do what they it's gonna do when pregnant no matter what the h*ll a doctor says it should do...

April 11, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenn

You are exactly right!!! She is healthy and I'm tired of everyone making fun of her weight. Each person is different and if she, or the baby, were in danger from her weight, I am sure her Doc would have told her. Good for her for taking it in stride.

April 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  36. qbananita

Joy Behar is a misogynist in feminist disguise and I would love to see Ashley Judd take her on.

April 10, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • jmaxx30

That would be awesome. Ashley vs Joy ... Ashley would kill her. Both mentally and physically.

April 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Shanaynay

Woooo the Lil colored boys will be liking her. They love them big fat white girls.

April 10, 2012 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stanley

I'll assume you are as 'IGNORANT' as you sound.....................DUMMY

April 11, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  38. MoonDancer

@7:46 Well you didn't lose your weight you fat fxxken pig. You should talk who re

April 10, 2012 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  39. .•|•.

No worries, she'll have a personal trainer to help her lose that baby weight. (Not that we'd worry)

April 10, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sokman

A fat Jessica Simpson is still hotter than Behar

April 10, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • jmaxx30

so true!

I don't care if she is not the smartest girl on the block or not, she seems super nice, and even pregnant she is georgeous.

April 11, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sari

I think she looks beautiful. I'm not really a fan of hers, but I say be chubby if you want to, Jessica! Most people wouldn't look that good at a perfect weight.

April 12, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Gouda

Holy mackerel, look a the size of those sweater pillows!

April 10, 2012 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |