Ashley Judd bites back at plastic surgery rumors
April 10th, 2012

Ashley Judd bites back at plastic surgery rumors

Media, Ashley Judd would like to have a few words with you.

The star of ABC's new show “Missing” unleashed in a Daily Beast editorial Monday over recent speculation she may have had plastic surgery done.

The rumors started in March after photos emerged showing Judd with what looked to be a larger face, which she's attributed to treatment she received for an illness that involved the use of steroids.

Judd called all the unwanted commentary “nasty, gendered and misogynistic,” and said it “embodies what all girls and women in our culture - to a greater or lesser degree - endure every day, in ways both outrageous and subtle.”

She slammed mainstream media outlets, which in her view "ran this ‘story’ without checking with my office first for verification, or offering me the dignity of the opportunity to comment.”

She continued, saying, “It’s an indictment of them that they would even consider the content printable, and that they, too, without using time-honored journalistic standards, would perpetuate with un-edifying delight such blatantly gendered, ageist and mean-spirited content.”

Judd concludes that the conversation about her face masks a much bigger problem for the fairer sex.

“The assault on our body image, the hyper-sexualization of girls and women and subsequent degradation of our sexuality as we walk through the decades, and the general incessant objectification," Judd says, "is what this conversation allegedly about my face is really about.”

« Previous entry
  1. Secure life with full insurance policy

Excellent web site. A lot of useful information here. I'm sending it to a few pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you for your sweat!

April 13, 2013 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. gardening,home garden

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation however I to find this topic to be really one thing that I feel I might by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely large for me. I'm looking forward to your subsequent put up, I will try to get the cling of it!

May 2, 2012 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  3. Partnerprogramme

I simply could not go away your web site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard info an individual supply on your guests? Is going to be back ceaselessly to check out new posts

April 20, 2012 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jk

I'm a bit shocked that the media is requiring someone to disclose personal health information just because they are a celebrity. I'm suprised that no media has picked up on this point of view. If I were Ashley and her lawyer, I would think about bringing suit based on violation of federal law - forcing someone to disclose PHI, which is a HIPAA violation. The media needs to take a look at itself and start thinking of the ramifications of their discourse before printing it. And yes, that includes CNN.

April 15, 2012 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. Casco

I can speak from experience. My wife has severe allergies. When the doctor puts her on corticosteroids (like prednisone), to combat these severe allergies, her face gets puffy just like Ashley Judds. It will go away in a few weeks after the medication is out of her system. I’m glad Ashley fought back.

April 13, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. observer

Ash- you still have not answered the question yet?

April 12, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. GUEST

WHO CARES.

April 12, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bk753

I didn't see where she specifically denied having plastic surgery. Did she or did she carefully duck the question? Not that I care, but seems to me that there could be a future in politics for her after acting...

April 12, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. Dave

Prednisone is obviously responsible for her swollen face. It happens. A lot of people are on that medication

April 12, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
    • KW

Not sure why I can't reply to the post where you called me an idiot, but thanks for your insightful commentary. However, you didn't answer the question. Did you notice that she never denied she had had work done? Here's another...what do you think that implies?

April 12, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. KW

Notice she never denied that she had had work done?

April 12, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Why would she have work done to make her face fatter? Idiot.

April 12, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • CN Red@Dave&KW

Kw, Dave is just a dcik. Ignore him. But you are correct, she threw a nice little red herring out there for everyone.

April 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. eviewg

No one cares!!!! Can we please stop reporting on these stupid over-paid celebrities???? I'd love to hear more about the earthquake in Indonesia... not Ashely Judd's stupid face... puffy or not.

April 12, 2012 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean

Click on the "World" tab at the top for that kind of news. You are in the "Entertainment" section of CNN.

April 12, 2012 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

And yet you stopped by to check up on this story and even comment. Sounds like your priorities in life are also out of whack

April 12, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  12. RuleMaker

She is ugly and therefore should be hidden and shunned by society.

April 12, 2012 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  13. FlubbyDick

Long ago scientists crossed puffer fish DNA with human DNA, the result? Ashly Judd

April 12, 2012 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ronnie

So... @Kathy Jordan you're fat eh?

April 11, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kathy Jordan

Thank you Ashley for standing up for us. What society calles the " not so perfect women' I had something like that happen to me. I commend you. I think you look great. Keep speaking up for the rest of the great looking women out there.Thank you.

April 11, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ronnie

Ashley Judd a couple years from now =D
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsOqOXRgogI&w=640&h=390]

April 11, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  17. @andilayne

I'll gladly donate and all of you whinny pos' can gfy....

April 11, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. backlinks genie

certainly like your web-site however you have to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the truth then again I'll definitely come again again.

April 11, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  19. bwelter

Hmmm. Lots of long words criticizing the objectification of women from someone who has no problem taking her shirt off when the money is right.

April 11, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kanye

Hey, I'd still bang her even if she is an old Kentucky fan.

April 11, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Andy

To Fiona, brava would be if she was referring to her as being mad or upset. Bravo! is an word used to praise somebody. So before you go correcting somebody with your poor spanish, make sure you "understand it" yourself first.

April 11, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Aging Gracefully

I agree that how women look shouldn't make headlines. That said, Ashley is part of the problem. By getting botox and fillers (which aren't surgery, but we can all agree they count as "having work done") and then denying it, she's creating the high expectations we're all supposed to meet. If we don't all speak up and say these actresses are going too far (that people who know their faces are appalled by how much they've been altered), then when will it stop? Will we have to boycott movies and shows of these actresses just because they're creating the very problem she's complaining about? STOP INJECTING STUFF INTO YOUR GOD-GIVEN FACES!!

April 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. John

Dear Angry Feminists,
    Women are the ones that cast such disparaging stereotypes on women. Look at the fashion industry, women and gay/efeminate men. Look at all of your prescious entertainment award shows. All the men show up wearing the exact same tux without hissing and clawing at each other (metaphorically and literally).
    If you would stop judging yourselves by Victorian Age morales, you wouldn't be so conflicted internally. Or maybe you just have a bunch of issues with your daddy.

April 11, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  24. bagladey

No flu, no steroids; straight up cosmetic procedures. Ashley should not have gone public while she still looked so awful.

April 11, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  25. wisperch

Uh, no. It's about your face.

April 11, 2012 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  26. toughcool

That's alot of anger from a puffy faced actress that looks like she had plastic surgery.

April 11, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Ronnie

BOOHOO!
      People state the truth that she looks puffy and all of the fat angry broads come out of the woodwork...

April 11, 2012 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  27. xjdavid

Whatever. Her faced looked puffy. Big deal. Judd takes herself WAAAAY too seriously.

April 11, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  28. MaryfromKy

Could she possibly use any more big words in one sentence ? seriously. We get it. You're smart. You went to college.

April 11, 2012 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  29. CJH

Bravo, Ashley! You're terrific - and so is your husband!

April 11, 2012 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  30. sandy

TELL IT ASHELY!!!!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

April 11, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  31. kld210

Zimmerman has vanished, his attorneys are no longer representing him... he is either dead, running or hiding, better yet maybe someone found him hiding and gave him the same pleasure he gave to the kid.... he is guilty no doubt in my mind.

April 11, 2012 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  32. SKY

FACT: IF YOU CAN AFFORD PLASTIC SURGERY AND YOU FEEL YOU NEED IT
    THEN GO FOR IT...IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT – LOVE YOURSELF THEY WAY YOU ARE.

April 11, 2012 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. elvis costanza

Ashley is super smart, beautiful, and totally underrated as an actress. Watch 'Bug', she just bares her soul. I have the utmost respect and admiration for her. The woman haters picked the WRONG target, she doesn't take any mess!

April 11, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  34. Sokman

Zimmerman is a b1tch. A grown man picking a fight with a teenager then shooting him because he's getting his a55 whooped. If the justice system doesn't give him his come-uppance, I hope someone cashes in the bounty offered by the Black Panthers. I'm a white male living in the Midwest, so obviously its not an issue of race with me. Its about what's right, & bringing justice to this boy's poor family.

April 11, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  35. Vanessa

SLOW NEWS DAY PEOPLE......
    Why do you care. She is a person. Does it matter if her face is puffy or not? A puffy face DOES NOT DEFINE WHO A PERSON IS. I am 51 and no I don't look like I did when I was 21 and pretty. I am aging as all of us do, I am trying to do it in the most gracious way that I can but we women certainly don't need people, out there, who have nothing better to do with their time, then to write something so mean and nasty. Shame on you!

April 10, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Whitney

@ trailerbaby where is that in the bible and which bible version are you reading? #just wondering

April 10, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  37. pacman357

1. Unfortunately, this seems to be a price of fame.

2. Fortunately for pretty women everywhere, Brit Samantha "Chupacabra" Brick has already begun to educate us on the toils of life as a beautiful woman.

3. All kidding aside, you're a beautiful and intelligent woman. Someone out there will always have less of what you have and be jealous for it. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Just be who you are, and eff 'em if they can't handle that.

April 10, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Jeanna Allen

Whoa. What she said. I could not concur more – If her symptoms should indicate a reaction from a steriod, such use could indicate a result from certain forms of cancer if being utilize to treat. I certainly hope this is not not case. Ashley Judd is a rare form of women in which I wish to emulate and is stunning in any case.

April 10, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  39. PhilG.

Ashley Judd needs no plastic surgury.

Dear God,I pray she does'nt ruin her perfect lip lines with injections and nonsense like that ala Meg Ryan.

You want to see a plastic surgery car wreck,look at Lindsey Lohan.

Steroids are a common medicine for a variety of relatively minor diseases and they do cause swelling.

When the plastic surgery dr. tells you you need some work,he's just trying to make money.

But the damage they can do to a woman's or a man's face is permanent and devastating to look at.

April 10, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  40. JeffG

Odd, I thought it was about vain women choosing to go under the knife to try and maintain their artificial beauty for as many years as possible. All perspective I guess.

April 10, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  41. GoDucks73

Dang' Puffy Faces always complaining about something. Why don't they just go back to their Puffy Faced country? We have too many faces as it is. There is even a book of faces online!

April 10, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Honestly hate em all

Verbose response from Mz. Judd.

April 10, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Judith

Good for Ashley Judd. The scrutiny that females received for their looks is disgusting. Even female politicians are criticized for their looks, while ugly, fat or balding male pols get a pass. Holding women and girls up to a Victoria Beckham or Angelina standard is sick and creates anorexic and bulimic women.

April 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Well then Judith, I would recommend you stop holding up women to these obviously impossible and insurmountable standards. Of course, you should ignore you own hypocrisy. I am sure you'd much rather see Jack Black stare in a hot romance movie than Brad Pitt or George Clooney. Your are angry with yourself for judging women (as you described) when you know it is wrong. Or as I would tell another man, grow a sack and get over it.

April 11, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Sokman

M, you never met her so STFU. Being a ticket taker at a theater showing one of her movies doesnt count.

April 10, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Sokman

Zimmerman impeded on that boy's rights to walk down the street, even if it was a gaited community. He followed & harassed Martin until he got a reaction, then tried to hide behind a bs self defense law when Martin finally had enough. Neighborhood watch doesnt give the right to commit murder. Zimmerman should be hung in public in front of his family so the young man's family can spit on his corpse.

April 10, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ted

His lawyers quit his case today also. From what I heard he had a iced tea, some skittles, talking on the phone and seventy feet from home. Sounds like he belonged in 'mr childwatchs' hood to me. Zimmerman went into hiding too.

April 10, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Dee

I am glad she told the media off because a puffy face is a known side effect of steroids. I took them briefly for a back injury and the same thing happened to me. Besides she still looks pretty and her show is interesting and well-acted.

April 10, 2012 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  47. yuraman

The 'puffiness' may be a side effect to medicine she is taking for the treatment of depression. Her recent book “All That Is Bitter and Sweet” covers the subject rather well. Unfortunately, Ashley she is a public figure open to opinion....good or bad. Overall., I liked her comment about 'misogynistic'......it made me look up the word thanks Ashley !

April 10, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  48. James K.

She should be more upset over that toilet-hole show she's on.

April 10, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. mikrik13

I don't believe it. She is a beautiful woman for her age. She may have looked a bit jowley on the "Missing" TV show. If she was going to have some work done I think she might have attacked that. But, personally I feel she shouldn't touch a thing. A very pretty lady indeed!

April 10, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  50. mikebo

What ever this lady does or don't do is no ones business.My wife ask me if i want to try to get some gray out of my hair.
    I'm not bothered because i have what i have.This is her own choice and hers only.Don Henley said it best.People love Dirty Laundry.

April 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Susan Austin

Woo Hoo, Ashley! Well said and intelligently put!. If you are a 2 or 12 or 22 dress size, you are a GEM!

April 10, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • jollyraga

Only she wouldn't be a famous performer if she wore a size 22 dress. Period.

April 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  52. midwestern

blah, blah, blah . . . either go on a diet or admit you had surgery but don't act like you are defending me as a woman because of your own issues. I've always heard that Ashley was smart, but the fact that she feels the need to try to talk over normal people's heads really turns me off.

April 10, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  53. jj

But she did look terrible in the promos for "Missing."

April 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  54. jody

Women do this to all this crap to themselves.

April 10, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Agreed. Women are their biggest critics and blame their lack of self confidence on men. You don't see middle aged overweight men on magazines either. We get the same stares and ridicule but find a way to just accept ourselves and be happy.

April 10, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Gobsmacked

@Fiona. Geez. While you are correct, someone using "Bravo" for a woman makes you "livid"? I'd hate to see what kicking puppies makes you. I am with you in that I hate language foibles – particularly the ubiquitous "should of, could of" stuff, but livid? Relax! :)

April 10, 2012 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Dave

"If you don't like your lips, or the shape of your hips, take the knife"

April 10, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  57. ja

she is still a hotty, to me

April 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  58. KG

Ms. Judd, I applaud your position and you intelligent and grounded response.

April 10, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Dan

Women do this to themselves, stop blaming men for your emotional weakness. Stand up and take accountability for your own actions instead of whining about all of the "pressure" we put you under. Who cares if some guys don't find you as attractive as you'd like?

Anyone who gets plastic surgery other to correct obvious deformities is vain, self-obsessed and weak. I'm sick to death of women whining about being oppressed by men who "Demand" that women look a certain way. If you're as strong and as deserving of respect as we are, then you should take accountability for your self-esteem and stop blaming your insecurities on those around you. I've never tried to make a woman feel bad about the way she looks and I'll not accept blame based on my Y chromosome because your self-worth is based on the perceptions of everyone around you.

April 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Isis

There is nothing wrong with a little nip tuck here and there. Just don't over do it and look like a freak. Do it where it would look natural.

April 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Linda

You go Ashley!! I have been beating this drum for years...nice to see it in print for a change.

April 10, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Fern Glipschlitz

In the grand scheme of things.... WHO CARES!

April 10, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Guido

All this fuss because some actress may, or may not have had plastic surgery or gained a few pounds. I guess this is what passes off for news now a day.

April 10, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Uncle Joe

I 've watched a few episodes of "Missing" and the first thing I noticed is Ashley Judd looked different. Her face was fuller and she looked like she gained weight. But hey I look different than I did 10 or 15 years ago too.

At least Ms. Judd can act; which is more than I can say for these reality show "babes" that seem to bombard the airwaves these days.

It is just a shame that Ms. Judd's show stands a good chance of being cancelled. Sorry but I've grown tired of the plot line already. Just rescuse the kid and go home to the flower shop because Ashley I don't think network executives will renew your show for another season.

April 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  65. dawn

I've always just thought Ashley Judd was as cute as a button. I think she is a really good human being as well. Just have a feeling. Love her in "Double Jeopardy", when she bought her supposed "dead" husband at auction and she turned her cheek when he tried to kiss her. That was awesomeness.

April 10, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  66. observer

why do we get so wrapped up in what these people are doing..who the h cares..

April 10, 2012 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jon

I truly think the news media is the major cause of people having eating disorders

April 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Honestly hate em all

Wrong. Personal responsibility would be the culprit for eating disorders. About time someone said "I made me fat by having Zero self control." Blaming the media when one is successful is unheard of as it should be.

April 10, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Jenna

Ms. Judd is liberal, I'm assuming, she doesn't realize that the media has no morals and could care less about the truth? I thought she was smarter than that.

April 10, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Byrd

Well said, Ashley. Bravo!

April 10, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  70. alcourts

April 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  71. spaceman

hey Ash, I love biting back against the plastic myself, beats flesh anyday......

April 10, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Jayla

Boo hoo, poor Ashley got her feelings hurt. BIg Deal. Instead of dealing with the rumors square on, she tries to distract by making a public statement that is completely unintelligible. Get a life.

April 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  73. arigs

I've seen the pictures and I can't imagine that is something she would intentionally do to her face since it looks very swollen and puffy. If it is her tinkering, she should get her money back. Rumor is she has sinus issues and been on prednisone which I know can cause the puffiness she's displaying...

April 10, 2012 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  74. vj osborne

All the Judd women are beautiful. Love your new series, Ashley, especially the new plot twist...did NOT see that coming!

April 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  75. sam

Interesting how she neither admits or denies she had plastic surgery.

April 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Ty Livesay

Ms. Judd is smart,caring, beautiful, involved, from Kentucky, and a Wildcat Fan! I don't think God can make a more perfect woman.

April 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Pat

stephen has it right...

April 10, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  78. bri

Here is a good story about Assley Judd. I saw here at a Indy car race and asked for her autograph for my wife who is a big fan. It was just her and a race crew guy in a golf cart and me. She looks over my shoulder and scans around and says If I sign for you I would have to sign for EVERYBODY....There was no one else there. No one! She lost a few fans with that reply. Sorry its so hard being famous I feel real bad for you!!!!

April 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guido

Ironic don't you think that when actors first start out they crave public attention. Then once they achieve it, many of them treat the public like dirt.

Take for example Billy Crystal. A friend of mine went to one of his live shows. After it was over and he was leaving the theatre he treated a group of fans who gathered outside like they were bothering him. In other words he was rude. I also read once where Crystal made fun of a young girl who wanted his autograph.

Someone should remind these entertainers that they would be working at Walmart or Micky D's if it was for us (the public) buying tickets to their movies, DVD's or concerts.

April 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  79. The Holy Trinity Is Gay

"misogynistic." Really? Women do this crap to themselves.

April 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  80. idiots!

@Danka- Just because you didnt have any side effects doesnt mean others dont. Alot of ppl do, even animals that are put on steroids can have appearance changes. To everyone else, first of all she is married so the several posts that say "Ms. Judd" are incorrect. Secondly, everyone keeps saying she didnt answer the question, did you not read the article? She said that she is taking steroids not having surgery. If you watched the show you would have noticed how her face gradually changed throughout it. Also, her "15 minutes of fame"? she has been in movies for 20 years and all the actresses you cited also had decades long careers so that statements doesnt even make sense. If you worked the same job for 20 years would you call it just a "side job" ?

April 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  81. stephen

Women are getting what they've asked for when they dress and act like like women of ill repute (said that way so as not to have my comment censored, but you know what word I really meant). They can argue all they want about dressing how they see fit (it's their right), but they will continue to be disrespected and objectified for it. Violence against women will continue to escalate because of it. Human nature dictates it.

April 10, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Joe

I'm seeing way too many thin and shapely beautiful women out there and they don't appear to be stressed out about how they got there. They look and live healthy and natural. They exercise, diet, and desire to look attractive and appealing and I'm thankful that they do. The real problem is there are too many fat, ugly, lazy women out there who just want men (and fellow women) to accept them for "who they are." When the marriage or relationship goes sour and the intimacy wears off they blame everyone and everything but themselves. They go from a size 7 at marriage to a size 16 several years later through neglect of themselves. If objectiving weight in proportion to height or women who work their tails off to be healthy and dynamic is wrong then I for one do not want to be right. Obesity is a big issue in this country apparently and I certainly do not believe one is born fat or "big boned." The only objectifying going on are men (and women) being naturally intolerant to fast food eating, lazy slobs who want to be considered beautiful too. Sorry my dear but you have to earn that distinction. There is absolutely nothing wrong with disrespecting individuals who don't care for themselves, drive up our health care costs and want to have their cake and eat it too. Not in my world tubby.

April 10, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Shella

Well, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say she Has had plastic surgery. Her right eyebrow is lifted unnaturally which indicates face lift. Steroids can make one's face look fatter and tigher but not lift eyebrows. Sorry, Ashely, but I'm not buying it. That being said, good for you! I wish I could afford a face lift. :-)

April 10, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  84. steama

Wow...it is 100% obvious she has had plastic surgery. I just do not believe her at all.

April 10, 2012 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Impressed

Not only is she beautiful, her intelligence shines. What a command of the English language! Real beauty will always be skin deep!

April 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • bldaz

I could not agree with someone more. She puts it so eloquently. The debasing has gotten to such a fever pitch even the very young now think themselves this way. Awful

August 21, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  86. J-Man

I am calling B.S. on Ms. Judd. The reality of the situation is that if she wasn't so beautiful, she would have none of the fame and wealth that she enjoys now. Like it or not it is her pretty face and figure that has put her in the spotlight. And it seems that 90% of all stars lie about plastic surgery for years before they finally confess so I wouldn't take her tirade as the truth just yet.

April 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Chad

Moral of the story is don't take steroid medicine unless your situation is life threatening. She probably just took it to fast track getting rid of her mystery illness.

April 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Just me

Bottom line... attractive people are more appealing to watch. When you are in a business where you make money if people are watching you, I would say it is in your best interest to look as best you can. However you choose to do this, is up to you. The problem with society, (dare I say women), is that women feel they have to look a certain age, as apposed to looking good for their age. As a man, I want a woman who looks good for her age and still shows her age instead of a woman looking 20 or 30 years younger than what she actually is. You don't see men trying to look a number of years younger. ie George Clooney, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery. Why is that? Because WOMEN want to look younger so THEY can be noticed. If they give up the notion they have to always look 25 then there is no problem.

April 10, 2012 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Heythere

Her sister is a big old fat pig.

April 10, 2012 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Leucadia Bob

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIu5aPIIzzM&w=640&h=390]

April 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Dave

Its obvious she has had work done, she should just admit it instead of trying to divert attention to something else.

April 10, 2012 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  92. AlfredoG

Fiona–

Bravo is correct in the manner that Sharon used it. It is an interjection in this case and not an adjective. Sharon is not calling her brave, which would be an adjective, but rather congratulating her for her stance, an interjection. Do your homework before you post.

April 10, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Gypsarella

I am so stunned and proud that finally a celebrity is eloquent and organized in a news release. I have always thought she was a really good actress, and that's all I cared about. She has never put herself into the tabloids and only ended up there from time to time as a footnote to her sister and mother's trials and tribulations. If you've been paying attention, she obviously has NOT been pulled and tweaked as she shows every sign of aging gracefully, with all the little appropriate softening of her jawline and skin around her eyes. I have always had nothing but respect for her talent and personal business which she manages to keep private. Now I am elated that she is so intelligent and able to convey her thoughts so clearly. As Oprah says, "When you know better, you do better." Obviously she is highly educated and is not insulting the general public by dumbing down her vocabulary just to make people feel better about their own lacking education. Her new TV show, "Missing" has me mesmerized. Well done, Ashley!

April 10, 2012 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Bookenz

So is she denying she had plastic surgery?

April 10, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Danka

Who cares, all of these celebrities have had plastic surgery. When they say they haven’t, their a liar. I had to take steroids for an ear virus that I got, I’m a woman, and they never made me look different. All they do is make you gain a bunch of water weight, and when you stop taking the steroids, then you lose all of the water. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

April 10, 2012 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  96. bucs79

@Fiona = pedantic twit.

April 10, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Debbie Jay

Steroids do horrible things to your body. I have been on prednisone for almost a year now and don't know when or if I will get off of it. Having a "moon face" is a possible side effect. Perhaps the members of the media who mention plastic surgery should take this medication so that they too can experience "moon face", sweating, not sleeping, being jittery, talking constantly or having to do something constantly (more side effects). Once they acknowledge the changes in their bodies, we could take their pictures and publicly dissect what is wrong with them.

April 10, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Alicia Townes

People should not beleive what they read

April 10, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Dave Kovalak

Nowhere does she deny having surgery. She's in a business where looks count quite a bit. To come off seeming shocked that surgery would even be an option seems contrived. Either answer the question, or ignore it. This middle ground of blaming the media doesn't cut it. She's more than happy to get press when it's good for her career. She needs to handle it when it might not be.

April 10, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  100. anon

Ashley, it's called "link bait" headlines. It's also called the internet. Get over it.

April 10, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  101. kentucky

TO "PLUNGIE"....WHAT DON'T YOU GET RID OF THAT GROSS GUT AND GET YOUR JOHNSON ENLARGED SO AT LEAST YOUR "BOYFRIEND" DOESN'T HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK???
    Probably toothless too

April 10, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  102. elvisg

She is one of the few Hollywood actresses with half a brain. She has a masters at Harvard. It shows in the words she used in her reply (i..e "objectification"). She also has nice jugs...

April 10, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Leon R. Mattson

Ok..so why is it that we care what a celeb does? It's their money, their body and their health. Let them have their privacy in matters such as this. I'll bet that maybe 50% of the people commenting on this article would have something done to their bodies if they could afford it. If not more. People want to look good, not old or out of shape. If she had something done, more power to her. If not, she is a beautiful woman who gets accused of something just because at some point in her career she didn't look like her normal self.

April 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Jenna

I think she is a big ol fat hippopotamus.

April 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kerry

If you think Ashley Judd is a fat hippo, you must be a 75 lb. anorexic. You're ridiculous!

April 10, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  105. GeeWizz

Why should of any of us be dancing to the tune of media editors. We should see each other as what we are not what others expect us to look like.

April 10, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Kerry

I stood directly next to Ashley Judd at the Indy 500 a couple years back. I was so impressed at just how very beautiful this woman truly is UP CLOSE and with virtually no makeup. Best creamy smooth and most lovely complexion I've ever seen on a girl or woman. Just a NATURAL BEAUTY. She doesn't need ANYTHING changed. Sweet person too.

April 10, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • jj

That big, floppy brimmed hat is on for a reason. I don't believe she had work done, and wouldn't care if she did. She's smart and knows how to save her skin!

April 10, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Ben

Here's your whiskey, Frank.

April 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  108. TPF

I don't always agree with Ashley but I highly respect her intelligence and acting ability. She's a very beautiful woman and always will be. Leave her alone and stay out of her private life. Society is so critical of women and the way they are supposed to look according to them. Stay as you are Ashley and ignore the entertainment critics and you will be just fine.
    Also good luck to Dario this year, he's one lucky man to have you and you to have him. Also, go buy her book and you might understand what she has gone though in her life and it's pretty impressive how she turned out.

April 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  109. walter

Seriously now.Does anyone really believe if miss Judd had always weighed 200 pounds and was homely she would be considered such a "great actress"today?Odds are you never would have heard of her.She is just nervous and testy because she is aging and knows her 15 minutes are waning.Its just the way it is.Ask Kathleen Turner,Geena Davis,Elizabeth Shue even Goldie Hawn or just about any other 50 something former "A" lister.Its just the way it is.I hope miss Judd has invested well.

April 10, 2012 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Annia

...and I suppose you would never grow old? Just like Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Arnold Szwagzenegger, Bruce Willis, Sylvestor Stalone...p-lease!!!

April 10, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

Walter she's been in the spotlight longer than just 15 minutes, that stupid and overused expression does not apply in her case. She's a bona fide actress and a damm good one btw!

April 10, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  110. S Kyle

Female fashion magazines have women at the helm. Why blame a male? Men will sleep with just about anything with a pulse. Men don't care if your breasts are uneven as long as you have them. Men don't care what you wear as long as it comes off easily...

April 10, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  111. Thomas

I'm confused. The very industry you work in idolizes and promotes the very thing your are railing against.

April 10, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  112. Derrick

A woman this beautiful doesn't need plastic surgery. I've always had a crush on Ashley ever since Kissed The Girls.

Type DerrickDuffie into your web browser to visit my website and learn about my new novel, Unfinished Business.

April 10, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  113. springflowers

she looks perfectly natural to me

April 10, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  114. Happiest

Them's a lot of big words from a little gal like Ashley! Nice pontificating!

April 10, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Ella

And what, she is not allowed to be intelligent as well as pretty? Nuff said.

April 10, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  115. Joe F

Nicely said, but speak to the women in your industry who make their living off of their bodies. Perhaps they have a right to perpetuate the continued disgusting activities that you so eloquently describe...I think you need to start a conversation with them.

April 10, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  116. Marine57

Ashley Judd,
    I so enjoy most of your movies – you do so well with facial expressions! You have a stare that can freeze a glass of water, but a smile that is totally "disarming"!!
    The year that Dario won the Indy 500, I met an Indy race fireman at Texas Road House the night before the race and joked that he would win the 500 that year. No way, the fireman responded. How do you know? "Because Ashley Judd is his wife!", I answered. You can imagine the look on my face when Dario really did win!
    Three months later, the daughter of Dario's Chip Ganassi team's composite worker (Marty Bigley), Lisa Bigley, who I coached all year long for the Indianapolis Soap Box Derby, won the race!
    What a treasure to be connected with two Indianapolis winners the same year!

April 10, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  117. Gayle

Go, Ashley. Your article is wonderful. Thank you for standing up for yourself and all of us.

April 10, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  118. LA_Pelican

Hey, if y'all agree with Ashley as I do, you may enjoy this CNN column: http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/04/opinion/bennett-modern-women/index.html?iref=allsearch

April 10, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  119. thomas

It's mostly women doing all the negative criticism and woman hating. All the guys know this...women just seem to ignore it, and somehow pretend it's the guys doing it. It's quite laughable once we understand it.

April 10, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  120. DeeDee

No amount of plastic surgery could make Ms Judd look pretty.

April 10, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  121. trppnfule86

huh? i have no idea what she said. too many big words... did you have surgery? Y or N? love the new show on abc btw

April 10, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  122. Labcab

Ashley: While I agree with you about the media please don't make this a man_hater thing. Curious as to why you assumed this was only a gender related topic. I have not read or seen the article. P.S I am also a fan of yours and a MAN.

April 10, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  123. Donna

Well said Ashley Judd.....well said. Everyday in this country women are objectified and made to believe their beauty defines them. We must stop the constant chatter that starts at birth and continues throughout life, telling are girls that "pretty" is their greatest achievement. If a woman CHOOSES to get any cosmetic procedure done on herself, then it is HER choice. He relationship with her self=esteem is hers alone...no one elses. Why should anybody, let alone women, be required to explain their personal choices regarding their body to anyone.

April 10, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • wow

Very well said, Donna. Thank you!

April 10, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • lstevens1999

Well said - what does it really matter to ANYONE other than Ashley? Was, or was not, her PERSONAL choice. Whose business is it anyway?

April 10, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  124. John

But, Ashley, you did not answer the question! Did you or did you not? If you did not, then you're 100% right. If you did, then you deserve to be the recipient of your comments since you would be in agreement with the fanaticism some women have with their appearance rather than accepting the facts of life, we all get old!

April 10, 2012 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  125. jeff

you gotta love someone who can stand up and express herself so well-and so correctly.

April 10, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  126. willie

at one time i thought she had the most beautiful face in Hollywood, and she reminded me of a lost love... she is absolutely right about the media, but its too bad she looks the other way due to her political views, when the left wing media distorts the truth about conservative women.....funny how that works..

April 10, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  127. Kathy Pickett

I've been watching her on Missing and I saw the change in her face. I didn't think "plastic surgery," I thought "steroids." My best friend takes them for rheumatoid arthritis and that's what they did to her face. It was, indeed, a nasty thing for the media to broadcast when all they had to do was ask her. I loved her response. It was articulate and very true. Way to go, Ashley! BTW, I LOVE Missing and have always loved your movies.

April 10, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  128. tjp44

wow, pathetic, hope half of us look as good as her when we age....and all those trying to get money for Zimmerman, how about a fund to send him and the 25 million other illegals back....now there's a fund Amercia can get behind!
    He's a racist and he should get charged for shooting the kid....at least involuntary manslaughter......

April 10, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  129. Daveinil

Mainstream media unleashes war on women!

April 10, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  130. Patrish

I like her – so I don't really care if her face is larger, or she's had surgery – geez. There are more important things in this world to discuss.

April 10, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  131. Meeeee

C'MON...look at her EYES. She has had work done. Sheesh, what is the big deal?!?!

April 10, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  132. pj

whatever Ms Judd, if it weren't for your looks, you would have no job in that industry. Your face is bloated looking, and you are overweight. Geez, its all about looks....get over it.

April 10, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  133. Rick

Ashley is getting older and it's only natural for features to change with age. I think she was beautiful 10 years ago and I think she is beautiful today. I hope she never does cosmetic surgery. A little extra weight and a few wrinkles will never effect her beauty, or who she is as a person. As an older guy, I find her "changes of aging" to be very appealing.

April 10, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  134. Delilah

I meant to say IF SOMETHING WAS DONE, The operative word being IF...IF...IF.

April 10, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  135. Delilah

I don't know. All the Hollywood stars do it. It's just that it is SO obvious so why deny it? Something was done. Why not say before hand. Speculation will vanish.

April 10, 2012 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  136. Mona

Who cares who has surgeries and who does not. I wish I had the money to pay for botox and a tummy tuck and laser on the stretch marks. If you can afford it and want to make changes to make yourself happy. Good for you.

April 10, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  137. Silvio Pionatto

Yeah, blame the intrusive media, but also the trailer people type, who keeps begging for this kind of junk news.

April 10, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  138. no name

and with her famous rhetoric, she did not answer the question.

April 10, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  139. p

Notice not once did she deny or confirm that she has had surgery.

April 10, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  140. Cindy

Way to go, Ashley. She is beautiful. I just saw her in Feb. and there is nothing wrong with her. And she's more well in the head than most of us, I'd bet.

April 10, 2012 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  141. Tony

In my eyes I see Ashley Judd, one of the pretiest actress in modern day and still one of the pretiest. A great tallent.
    Stay the course Ashley.

April 10, 2012 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  142. canniwander

Thou dost protest too much.
    I suspect there is more truth to this than not, given her response. If looks don't matter to her, then why does she dress nicely and wear jewelry and make-up. A hypocrite giving a lecture; think I'll pass.

April 10, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  143. M

I have had multiple meetings with AJ at my job. She is a physically attractive woman but she's not well in the head.

April 10, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  144. Flo Mastey

Ashley brings up a very good point. Journalists have become very lazy these days. Now, instead of getting a story and confirming it with sources, journalists are in a race to tweet or blog it first. They don't check sources, they don't ask questions, they just jump to idiotic assumptions.

I am constantly sickened by journalistic behavior these days and have begun to wonder what they teach in journalism school.

April 10, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  145. jessica

hilarious. she uses a wide vocabulary to try to belittle the journalists' story. you don't have to try so hard ashley, we all know where you came from.

April 10, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Radio Gray

Yeah. She be a trailer park honey. Whar is her chew of tobacky?

April 10, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Annia

I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but in any case, Ashley Judd graduated from the University of Kentucky. She speaks French fluently, and some Italian as well. She spent her off time volunteered to teach people in the underdeveloping countries about AIDS and other causes. She is someone I would look up to.

April 10, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Radio Gray

I heard she has put in about 75 pounds since this picture was taken.

April 10, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  147. Annette

That you Ashley for speaking up. They need to think what gives them the right. I notice men are definitely given the pass like it's their right to comment on every women.

April 10, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  148. Jim Nicholson

She looks much older than she used too several years ago. This photo musta been took back in the 1990s.

April 10, 2012 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • anna

What a stupid comment – doesnt everyong look older as the years go by????

April 10, 2012 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  149. xab

Time has not been kind to her.

April 10, 2012 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  150. Debby

Great actress always love her movies and she always looks GOOD.

April 10, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  151. truefax

Any dude who wouldn't want to sink his shaft in that has to be gay. Just sayin, ladies don't pay attention to other women ask the man sitting next to you see what he has to say. Seriously you chicks waste so much time preening for eachother and then pass it off as something demanded by men it's just silly.

Honestly for each day you wake up thinking you look fugly there are 3-10 dudes looking at you thinking they'd like to hit it. Ladies you don't know the half.

April 10, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • D Ryte Stuff

Trufax, I couldn't agree more! You hit the nail right on the head!

April 10, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • anna

Judging by your language you are low class!

April 10, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • truefax

If being direct and honest is low class then I am, careful anna I may pull you down to my level, who knows you may enjoy it.

April 10, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Me

sounds like you would "hit" anything....probably ugly as heck

April 10, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Johnny

Just say thanks for the compliment, sweetheart, and move on.

April 10, 2012 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  153. Angela

Way to go Ashley? More public figures need to stand up the way you did. What you said should be repeated until it sinks it to those too stupid to see reality. . Evey one of your statemenst were dead on and couldn't be any truer. I think Ashley is beautiful, and even more so now.

April 10, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  154. Deb

My husband and I truly enjoy watching Ashley Judd. She is a superb actor and a beautiful woman. To vilify someone's appearance without first getting the facts is vicious, downright crappy tabloid fodder masquerading as "journalism". Shame on the media!!

April 10, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  155. Pedro

Im not prejudiced against boobies with implants. They are equally squishable.

April 10, 2012 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Time2GrowUp

Pedro, Are you 15 years old? Geez, grow up! oh wait, i hear that some men never grow up and they act like they're 15 till they die.

April 10, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  156. Pedro

Im no racist I love boobies.

April 10, 2012 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  157. redrum

Racist? You have a nice young man who happens to be black and you have a mex with a gun. what to think?

April 10, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
    • anna

Its amazing that all these individuals are all 'nice young men' but then we find out other things, and they are not so nice.

April 10, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

How about we let the jury decide. This is the United States and even if you think he is guilty he still has the right to fair trial. Bottom line is nobody has the facts but the police and every single opinion is based on speculation. I believe he should pay on some level for this. I also believe the he is not a cold blooded killer.

April 10, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Robyn Roberts

Wow if I was Ashley Id sue-as she is DOG UGLY!

April 10, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
    • bob cat

Wow Robyn sounds like your're the "DOG UGLY ONE"

April 10, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Nancy Copeland

Baby...you sound like the INSECURE JEALOUS type ,baby! YEP! You sure do!!! ASHLEY JUDD is OUTRAGEOUSLY BEAUTIFUL...both inside and out. And baby???? She, my dear, is BRILLIANT!! Gorgeous & smart...and NICE....wow!! Kuddos to her. Mean it, baby. Mean it. xo

April 10, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • shootmyownfood

Dogs are cute! What the heck does "dog ugly" mean?

April 10, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

and you are probably a jealous fat pig.........

April 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  159. Jule

Very well said Ashley!!! I am a big fan and I think you are very talented and very beautiful!!!

April 10, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  160. Joan in Louisiana

ASHLEY YOU are a natural BEAUTY! JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW I AM DOING A BIBLE STUDY ON DANIEL ,AND IT TALKS ABOUT HOW WE LIVE IN A BABYLON CULTURE OF HOW WOMEN ARE CAUGHT UP ON HOW WE ARE PRESSURED TO LOOK A CERTAIN WAY. I WILL USE THIS ARTICLE TO LET WOMEN KNOW ,GOD DID NOT IN TEND FOR US TO BE WORRIED SO MUCH ON OUR LOOKS . TRUE BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN. THANKS AHSLEY !

April 10, 2012 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Marine57

Joan...
      Have you noticed that everyone else types in lower case letters?

April 10, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Alexandra

Jehovah God wants us to believe in Jesus Christ and love one another as our selves. We be all brothers and sisters. The heart is what speaks.
      Peace to you.

April 10, 2012 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • trailerbaby

@Joan. Women who let themselves go end up sitting on the stoop of the trailerhouse without a man. Check it out it is in the Bible!

April 10, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • anna

alexandra – I am definately not your brother or sister!

April 10, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Nancy Copealnd

Loved your post. We are on the same page, baby!! Kuddos to you for doing a Bible Study! Like you, I'm sure, MY FAVORITE book as well. I tweet a ton. If you can pass on any specific or FAV bible verses concerning this...I would love to pass on to tweeters. God bless U....and ASHLEY? You go girl!! TELL 'em. Mean it. xoxo

April 10, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  161. Donate now

Don't let black racist subjugate the courts. Donate to help Zimmerman.

April 10, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Idiot

Quit spamming the threads for posts. If people want to help a murderer, they can look for his site themselves.

April 10, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • jules

The court of public/media/racist opinion may have already determined Mr Zimmerman guilty but as far as I know we still have a justice system in this country where a man is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Mr. Zimmerman has NOT been charged with a crime, and may well not be. Whether he is or not, he and his family can request financial assistance from any source they wish. Those of us who still believe in the rights of others have the right to assist Mr. Zimmerman in any way we wish. Hopefully many of us will do so.
      If you are judging him then you are as guilty of racism as you are accusing him of being. You, nor anyone else knows what happened that night. You may think you do, but you don't. There is no way of knowing who did what, or why it ended the way it did. Unless you're called for jury duty it's not our place to judge.
      Treyvon Martin did not deserve to die, nor does George Zimmerman deserve to be judged without due process.

April 10, 2012 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Interested48

Would not donate to that murdering vigilante.

April 10, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jstfyd

What has this got to do with Ashley Judd spewing a bunch of big words to show us how superior she is?

April 10, 2012 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • jj

The problem with the Tra/Zimm story is that it takes the bigger, MUCH more important story of race and violence in this country, and has turned it into a 'he said' story. We may never know that final 30 second meeting. I stopped reading about them weeks ago, and don't trust either story. CNN didn't help with their constant photo of 14yo T and a guilty-looking Z.
      And today on cnn, we see the black crowd beating and stripping the white guy on the street. These stories happen every day. Where is the outrage? When will the angry marches start? Who will wonder when the Al n'Jesse show will pull into town, in front of the cameras???
      But let's go back to Ashley. She's truly beautiful in every way (except that puffy face made her look like a ... Judd).

April 10, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • shootmyownfood

Seriously, you stalk someone and shoot them, then have the brass to ask for donations because "your life has changed." What a low-life, wanna-be cop loser.

April 10, 2012 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tammy in Texas

I won't donate to Zimmerman, but I wish him all the best luck, and God's richest blessings on him. He's going to need it, too many black ppl are racists themselves and are making a killing off of this tragedy, and turning it into a political mess!

April 10, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Donate now

Please donate to this fund. See justice is upheld for everyone regardless of skin color.

April 10, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • andilayne

Are you serious? You're asking people to donate money to George Zimmerman when there are starving children? Anyone who has donated money to help support this ridiculous man needs an immediate mental evaluation. Donate your money to those who are truly less fortunate not George Zimmerman who put himself in the position he's in.

April 10, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • JuneCleaversBeaver

What exactly is the money being used for?
      I think the funeral has been held.

April 10, 2012 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • @andilayne

Go eff yourself. People can do whatever the heck they want with theri OWN money.

April 10, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • tko

Are you kidding???? He can pay for his own defense. He should've never followed that boy, just let police handle it.

April 10, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • really?

what about all the people who are wrongly accused? he admitted it, why should we donate money to someone who we all know did it? think before you shoot brotha

April 10, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • pm Ohio

Are you kidding? Why doesn't he ask the NRA to support his cause? They are the only reason he isn't in jail right now. If he would have shot an unarmed boy in any other state without the stand your ground law he would be considered a murderer. Thanks to the NRA, he is a free man...

April 10, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Annia

I will NEVER donate my hard earned money to a delusional guy who think he's Clint Eastwood, just because he has a gun. Let me tell you, he's NO Clint Eastwood. George Zimmerman is the real "PUNK," not that young man, Trayvon Martin. Gun does gives people false power & George Zimmerman is an obvious example. BTW, George Zimmerman's picture looks like he could be Chaz Bono's twin.

Now let's get back to Ashley Judd. I think she is smart, beautiful & one terrific actress. I truely enjoy her new show, Missing. As for Steroids, I wouldn't know the effect. I read that it could ruin one teeth, so I never taken those pills that my doctor gave me after my person got hit by a truck. Those pills are still in my medicine drawer and probably are going to stay there until I get a chance to dump them. Just ignore the noise, Ashely, and rock on.

April 10, 2012 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not Me

Go troll elsewhere. Your friend is a loser.

April 10, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

Your daffy shameless and so is GZ

April 10, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  163. LW

A few years back I took a steroid medication for a sinus infection. It gave me a moon face for a couple of months. She's still a very pretty woman.

April 10, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • HorizonLLM

True, they did do that to me too.
      The media puts so much half-a** crap out, it's annoying. If anything, we should blame a lot of public outrage over issues on the media because plenty have been MISINFORMED.
      Let's not forget human beings are biased, no matter who you are. Judge Adams is a great example.

April 10, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Naomi

I was on steroids for 11 months and it really made my face larger and it was hard to handle.
      she still looks gorgeous and i respect her for saying these things.

April 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • JenniferUCD

I was oing to say the same thing. I can always tell when someone is on steroids for illness. I watched may face change the same way so many times I've lost count. Give Ashley a break people... or put your mug up for display and let us all have ashot at you too.

April 10, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • RebelYell

She does have a Joan Rivers look to her now. Just saying.... -RY

April 11, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  164. Sharon

BRAVO ASHLEY FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH !
    Thankyou for standing up for women and girls, it is sickening the way females are made to feel less than if they don't meet what males say a female should look like to be beautiful.
    I think you are beautiful no matter .

April 10, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Plungie

I disagree. If a lady can make her thingies look nice, why not? Plus some girls need nose jobs and stuff.

April 10, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Sasy0924

Well said Ashley! The media has gotten way out of control and needs to be put in their place. You're a great actress and I love the new show!

April 10, 2012 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • ColoradoDad

I agree Sharon. But keep this in context. All the super model, uber skinny, olive oil looking women are mostly idolized by women. I rarely meet a man who says these women are beautiful. Its the women who idolize the size zero body, the barbie doll shape. Most men I know would rather have a healthy shapely woman over a bean pole. As for Ashley Judd, i have always thought she was a VERY beautiful woman, her eyes and smile are what strike me the most.

April 10, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

I have never once told a woman what she should look like. When women say things like this, it makes it seem like they are not intelligent enough to make their own decisions, which we both know is not true. Stop blaming men for this, you can look like whatever you want to look like, nobody forces you or tells you to do anything.

April 10, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Fiona

It's "brava" when speaking of a female, Sharon. It makes me livid when I hear people say "bravo" for a woman. Don't use words you don't understand.

April 10, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • pm

I agree with what she is saying about our society, but Ashley has made millions off of her looks, so it sounds like a 1%'er complaining about the economy...

April 10, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suri

@Plungie, She never said she was against a woman looking her best (no matter how she did that). Her issue was the fact that the media has sensationalized her "procedures" without verification of facts. They get money for making women (*and young girls*) feel like crap about the way they look.

April 10, 2012 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • American Fury

Bravo Fiona !!

April 10, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • BRod

Amen to that!

April 10, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • sg

Fiona, lighten up and get educated. Bravo in several languages is gramatically correct – doesn't take the a ending. Not in Italian, obviously, but does it really matter? Sheesh.

April 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dean

Agreed. Why isn't this kind of thing classified as "bullying" too? It should be.

April 11, 2012 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
    • mary

Amen, Ashley, Amen!!!!

April 11, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • crabbyappleton

I totally agree ! Way to go Ashley !

April 11, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Fiona – Maybe you are the one that should get educated. Not all languages are gender based (like Spanish and French) and English is certainly not. While getting educated, maybe you can take a couple of minutes to also learn how to put things in perspective. I would guess you are probably pretty lonely and pathetic, but that would just be first impression. Maybe you just had a bad morning.

April 11, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Kansas

You know, women perpetuate a lot of those standards too. Not just men.

April 11, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ronnie

She does look puffy. The only people that are mad at this are fat broads.
      Get over it.

April 11, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sharons Husband

Im just glad your STD is gone.

April 12, 2012 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |