Beyonce drops hint on origin of Blue Ivy
April 6th, 2012

Beyonce drops hint on origin of Blue Ivy

One of the great mysteries may have finally been revealed.

Why did Jay-Z and Beyonce name their daughter “Blue Ivy” anyway?

Well, it turns out the answer might have something to do with a special tree.

On Thursday, fans wondered if mom Beyonce was offering an explanation of sorts via her new Tumblr page.

Standing underneath a gorgeous tree while vacationing with husband Jay-Z in Croatia, a still-pregnant Beyonce says, "We woke up this morning and took a nice little walk and passed by this beautiful blue tree. I think it's Blue Ivy, which will be quite appropriate."

The revelation was made in a video nestled amidst the numerous personal photos the singer shares on her new site, including pics with husband Jay-Z, sister Solange and others. The images and video clips are accompanied by the all-encompassing caption: "I Am… This is my life, today, over the years – through my eyes. My family, my travels, my love. This is where I share with you, This will continue to grow as I do."

To top it off, the superstar singer is now also tweeting from her Twitter account, @Beyonce. In her first post, timed along with her website's release, she writes, "Hey World, It's B! I'm so excited to invite you to my new http://beyonce.com – we've been working hard, and it's finally ready for you XO."

1. T.

If you need any verification about what they did that night....we can provide.

September 6, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Print out all my comments

Attach too Jeannie hack--and who did it...your just a bimbo-i am not. all YOUR messages on the other website

have been tracked - we print as the 3 bimbos talk.....DOC THE HOE

September 6, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. debra

Beyoncé is stable you are not.....the hack was during the week ... if you guys need it let me know...

September 6, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. DEBRA

OUT YOU GO WE WIN YOU LOSE......DATE AND TIME ARE AVAILABLE WHEN YOU AND DEB DID IT...

September 6, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BEYONCE DOES NOT HACK INTO JON CALLS LIKE YOU DID WITH JEAN

STFU

September 6, 2013 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. BEYONCE HAS A STABLE MARRIAGE

YOUR A HACKER AND GO IN TO PEOPLE ACCOUNT AND DO NOT BOFF YOU MAN...

DOC THE BIMBO

September 6, 2013 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. isabel marant

Can any one tell me that is there any on the net course for Web optimization, because I desire to learn more concerning SEO.
    isabel marant http://www.naymz.com/Isabel-Marant-Sneakers-Hot-Sale.html/

September 6, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. BEYONCE DOES NOT HACK INTO BUSINESS CALLS...BEYONCE HAS CLASS BEST OF LUCK TOO THE NEW BABY MY DARLING.

July 5, 2013 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Amanda Bynes

YOU have no class and you will never have a baby because noone wants to sleep with jabba the hutt.

July 5, 2013 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. Deena Prondzinski

Stinging nettle above ground parts are used along with large amounts of fluids in so-called “irrigation therapy” for urinary tract infections (UTI), urinary tract inflammation, and kidney stones (nephrolithiasis). The above-ground parts are also used for allergies, hayfever, and osteoarthritis...'.:

My very own blog
    <http://wellnessdigest.co/index.php

July 5, 2013 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. Willetta Leuthold

You've spent a day in the woods or a day doing yard work when you brush against the leaves of a poison ivy or poison oak plant. Or maybe you didn't notice the plants, but you've developed a streaky rash with red bumps that turn into weeping blisters. You can treat the itchy allergic reaction that comes from exposure to poison ivy and poison oak resins with either drugstore remedies, home remedies or prescriptions corticosteroids. The rash may last from 1 to 3 weeks, but the symptoms usually peak between the fourth and seventh days.-;'^

Our very own webpage
    <http://www.healthmedicine101.com/index.php

July 1, 2013 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. local citizens dress in traditional robes and head

I'm glad to be 1 of a lot of visitants on this outstanding internet internet site (:, appreciate it for posting . local citizens dress in traditional robes and head http://www.xiumaomao.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=47725&do=blog&id=1013139

May 16, 2013 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jeremy Scott Adidas

Bonjour, rédaction d'un article très bon, très bon pour votre description et moi sommes très appuyé , très chanceux d'être en mesure de voir un bon article !
    Jeremy Scott Adidas http://www.addidasjeremyscott.org/

January 7, 2013 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. comedies

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually recognize what you are speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally consult with my web site =). We may have a hyperlink exchange contract among us

April 22, 2012 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. Schwinn A20 Review

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact used to be a amusement account it. Glance complicated to more introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how can we be in contact?

April 19, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Best Acne System

Wonderful items from you, man. I have take into account your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely great. I really like what you've obtained right here, certainly like what you are saying and the best way during which you are saying it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful website.

April 19, 2012 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  16. viridis

Someone essentially assist to make significantly articles I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I surprised with the research you made to make this particular post amazing. Great activity!

April 12, 2012 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  17. Dr surrez

Born Living Under Evil....Illuminati's Very youngest

April 9, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  18. yeahright

Now I can go on with my life knowing where this childs name came from! I have been up every night since she was born pacing, wondering and worried sick about this! Yeah Right!

April 9, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  19. anali

what is wrong with you people? what makes you think they should even have to explain why they named their child what they did? they actually seem like one of the very few "normal" married couples in Hollyweird that might actually make it

April 9, 2012 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  20. Fluffy Pillow

It's amazing what makes the news and what doesn't. This is not news.

April 9, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • CN Red

For an entertainment blog, it is. I personally think it is an idiotic name.

April 9, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  21. stupid name

stupid name

April 9, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  22. Jomm

If you do not care about the baby name, take your @$$ somewhere else and post otherwise you sound like a jealous idoit. Back to the topic, that is a pretty baby. Congrads Jay Z and Bey.

April 9, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  23. Name*SEBASTIN OBASUYI

HUMMM

April 9, 2012 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  24. Billy

And this article is for everyone who doesn't have a life. No seriously, if you care about this garbage please kill yourself now.

April 9, 2012 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  25. ricky rye

And how is renting out a wing discusting ur just dumb! if they didnt everyone would be crowding the halls trying to get a glisp and they wanted their privacy and their time together as a family without the photographers breathing down their necks i would do the same thing if i were in her shoes and u would prolly too or maybe not because its just too discusting seruisly?!? grow up and get over urself its not like its effecting your tax dollars or like the hosptial had to turn people away because there wasnt enough room they have the money so let them do what they want with it

April 9, 2012 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  26. ricky rye

Ok first all babys are born white and then their pigments begin to form and the baby has jay z's nose. And who cares if she carried the baby or not tons of people dont carry the child and photoshoots can make the fatest chick attractive or someone look amazing after having a baby just wait awhile to see if someone clams to carring the child and then they will release dna to prove it or give her hush money either way who gives a crap about who carried the baby or if its true where the name came from theyre not gonna change the baby's name because of all of ur comments and there is pic of b in the hospital with IVs hooked to her in the hospital gown no dr would do that for a fake birthing

April 9, 2012 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  27. AndWeCareWHY?

Seriously, no one cares about this baby name. I lost ALL respect for this "woman" (and I use the term loosely) after what she did while in the hospital giving birth. Renting out a whole hospital wing/floor? That's disgusting in my opinion.

April 8, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. BB

Wow. I wonder what kind of positive impact people could have on the problems of the world and in their lives if they took all that energy they put into fussing, cussing, hating and wild speculating and channeled it into helping people in their families and communities, educating themselves in a new skill or trade, or learning how to either say something positive or keep silent.

April 8, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Slim

I can't even remember what I wanted to say now after reading all of these stupid comments lmao. You people are extremely entertaining thanks for the laughs. {and shout out to Blue Ivy for having people obsessed over her before she can hold her own bottle}

April 8, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Mammy

I wonder how long before Blue Ivy is a crack ho living off of white people's charity.

April 8, 2012 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  31. New Music

Does Jay-Z help change diapers?

April 8, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  32. John

How do you stop 5 black guys from messing with a white girl? Throw them a basketball! Lol

April 8, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Basil

Gag

April 8, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  34. jessy

Get ur hands off me you dirty stinking Ape!

April 8, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Pookie

You whites have defamed yourselves,you drunken b*stards.

April 8, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pookie

Jig-abooos, jig-abooos, we be smelly nig-abooos! Cooons, cooons, we be luvin da white pooon! Our own kind be fat, obnoxious and waaaay to biotchy! Da dudes be pickin da plumpers with da big ol rumpers!!

April 8, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Joscelyn

You know, alot of you need to get a lifd. Whatever Blue Ivy means when spelled backwards, who cares? They did'nt spell it backwards did they and they did'nt name her after satanism. I like Blue Ivy. It would'nt matter if I did'nt and it does'nt that alot of others don'nt. All that matters is that that like it. For the comment:Black girls are obsessed with Beyonce, maybe so, I take it you have'nt taken a head count on how many white people idolize her period. The bottom line here is whatever they named is their business. They did'nt have to tell the public, but I bet the public wanted to know. Get a life!

April 8, 2012 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  36. JanetWham

That "baby" looks like a Reborn Doll – google it. It doesn't look like a real baby.

April 8, 2012 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  37. Keyonna

I luv jig-aboos! Dem craazy cooons iz nutz!! You niggs be wiggity wiggity wack!

April 8, 2012 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  38. Chan

Who really has time to discuss from where this name derived?! I'm amazed at how idiotic some of these comments are. Unbelievable! Before I would say who's worshipping who, I would make sure that my worship is in order. The ones with all this negative talk are certainly narrow-minded because with all the things to be discussed and fixed in this society, the name someone chooses to give their child should be so far at the bottom that it wouldn't warrant a person's time nor attention.

April 8, 2012 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jerry

Hey, at least they used actual words instead of the usual meaningless jumble of letters and punctuation marks Black Americans all too often use.

April 8, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  40. Keyonna

And FYI to the ignorant white people. The majority of black babies come out very pale skinned or pink. It takes a little time for whatever shade of black they are going to be to come in.

April 8, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  41. James Earl Ray

Black women are pathetic. If beyoce wore a dress made out of boo boo u idiots would say thats dumb then go to the store in your ghetto and get the same dress. I know black women are obsessed with beyonce but thats rediculous.

April 8, 2012 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  42. david mlaleli

You must look for dvd called the wicked,you will know about all the truth concerning these musicians.Most of these people have sold their souls to the devil in return for wealth.You can ask the SDA's for such dvds,you will be blown away!!

April 8, 2012 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  43. Boes73

Finally, I lost sleep over the origin of that name.

April 8, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  44. ycart

Im guessing none of you know either of them personally and dont have a clue as to the validity of the statements u read online. If u werent there, then u dont know. ppl can easily post a comment and before long its treated as fact. If i didnt know better the post ive read wd leave me to believe most of u are whats wrong w/ our society. Quick to pass judgement when u dont have any of the fact

April 7, 2012 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Debbie

What does it matter to anyone the names chosen for other people's children? Grow up and get a life.

April 7, 2012 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Mahdy

just leave 'em alone,why y'all obsessed dis much wiz smtn nat belong to ya?!

April 7, 2012 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Tatiana

I know Beyonce has light skin, but considering Jay-Z's dark skin I expected the baby to have a darker skin tone. Obviously this baby is going to be the next beautiful light skin "it" girl. Where are the dark skinned role models for young girls?

April 7, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  48. kevin

WHO GIVES A SH-T?

April 7, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  49. trueview

Just in time. The world so needs another baby gangter rapper. I think gold baby teeth will look good on blue Ivy.

April 7, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  50. Atexas13

This just in, reliable source, Jay Z could not have a baby that good looking and pale, not being racist just saying both J and B are dark skinned and they baby is whiter than Michael Jackson. Its a shame they paid the surrogate a ton of money and had her sign a confidentiality agreement, would love to know who really gave birth to that child. By the way, can't beyonce at least try to look like she just gave birth, she can't be that dumb? Total Kim Kardashian move.

April 7, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  51. Bernard Fife

And THIS is news????

April 7, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  52. bb

move along people, back to your own lives.

April 7, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  53. Really?

Blue Ivy? Name you daughter after a plant? Missed a golden opportunity for better name "Ivy Blue" - Can people be even more selfish?

April 7, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  54. human race

After looking through these comments majority of Americans have their priorities up their own a s s. Racism still lives

April 7, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  55. Eleanor

“Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.” -Eleanor Roosevelt

April 7, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Atexas13

And your putting this quote on this forum, What does that make you?

April 7, 2012 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Eleanor

...and the smallest of small minds cannot grasp American grammar by not knowing the difference between "You are" and "Your" and "You're"

April 7, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Aiko

Wow I didin't know ppl can be so crazy hateful over a baby's name. If she named her Sugar Plum maybe everyone would have been happy. Lol. I am laughing so hard reading some of these crazy comments. I have to say some of them are pretty out there...but I still laughed. For the record...I love the name *Blue Ivy*. I think it's beautiful.

April 7, 2012 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  57. connie rowe

This is funny, all these comments. It would make a nice party or stand-up comedy show! A good name is better than riches I believe the scripture is quoted. Kids get teased in school 4 having different names. She'll probably get a nick name anyhow!

April 7, 2012 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  58. The Flamingo Kid

WE DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  59. JB

I thought Blue Ivy originated from Beyonce's no-no place.

April 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  60. D'Sean

What does your names mean?Jealous A55holes?

April 6, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Joey B

Who cares where they got the name. Attention craving celebrities always name their kid something to get headlines. Thankfully she will inherit a fortune one day and can easily change it if she thinks its stupid. Of course anyone who knows her parents would never say its a stupid name, just like girls dont tell their friends how fat they look so they will live happily ever after with their money in blissful ignorance.

April 6, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  62. RICK DA RULA

Who cares what Beyonce and APE-Z name their kid? Is their kid any more important than anyone elses because their parents are famous? Celebs like Beyonce and JIGGA (BOO) make me want to puke! So selfish that they rent an entire hospital floor for the sake of "privacy". Then it is reported that the kid's crib cost three grand. Hypocrits. They have no problem being open when flaunting their wealth.

April 6, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  63. wavejump1100

i dont think there is any such thing as a blue ivy tree, unless they are talking about a tree with blue ivy growing up the trunk. it could be any kind of tree.

April 6, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Just Sayin'

Good thing it wasn't poison ivy or stinging nettle or something....

April 6, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Thinkplease

Blue Ivy is a brand. Look up "Blue Ivy trademark". Beyonce and Jay-Z trademarked their child's name for a line of forthcoming baby products. Not as exciting as being Satan's daughter, but nearly as distasteful. Money obsessed narcissists shouldn't breed.

April 6, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • f

Not true someone who their didn't know did it.......Get your facts right before making up lies.

April 6, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  66. cristina slade

My comment was beyonces is white and now they need to show us the photo of beyonce and her white baby and the first thing was she is flipping cute.

April 6, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Brian

I just took a large dump and named it Blue Jay Ivy. Then I flushed it. This one was small but smelly. I usually name the really big ones Kim Kardashian. If there is corn in them then I name them Khloe.

April 6, 2012 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Joe

Black Ivy would have been more fitting.

April 6, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  69. beyoncewebsitedesignawful

What a mess of a website!

April 6, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Anonymous

People, it's not Illuminati. It's not Satanism. It's not Martian. It's celebrity Kabbalah.

The tree is the tree of life diagram.
    The fourth sphere on the diagram is chesed, meaning kindness in Hebrew.
    The color of chesed is blue.

Now will you shut up ?

April 6, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Bed bath and beyond

Im pretty sure blue ivy is a candle I put I'm my bathroom I got from bed bath and beyond. He should retire his daughters name not the b-word from his rap music

April 6, 2012 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  72. 1977

From what I understand. This name came from the surrogate. Besides the millions she got. She also got to name the baby. I personally believe this surrogate got the best deal she could and it loos like she made out like a bandit. GOOD FOR HER !!!

April 6, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOmm

Oh give is a rest. Bey carried this baby. And if she did not, that is their business. Is you losing anything? No.

April 9, 2012 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  73. honey

J

April 6, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  74. mel g.

Glorified sheeple! I lost all respect for her n Jayz when their bodyguards wouldnt let anyone in the maternity ward while she her precious self was giving birth.....the nerve and all the needing of attention! cant shame the shameless!

April 6, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  75. jd

Dont you all think that its time 4 her 2 cover up. I have a nice body and if I photograph n bathing suit and half naked as she does..i would be consider as a heftner playboy mansion ho

April 6, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jay B.

This just should not be a section is all im saying..

April 6, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  77. SHI

Please leave the poor kid alone, blue, purple or white, all are just but names. long live ivy.

April 6, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Smooth Bowels

At least they didn't name it one of those absurd black people names like "Laqwanda" or "Trayvon."

April 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay B.

April 6, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • justreplying

But you call yourself Smooth Bowels and have the nerves to talk about someone else's name...now that's funny!!

April 7, 2012 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
    • roth bilder

...Or white and stupid like Astrid.

April 7, 2012 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian

The new Zune browser is suingisrprly good, but not as good as the iPod's. It works well, but isn't as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that's not an issue, but if you're planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod's larger screen and better browser may be important.

April 24, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  79. cnnlicksit

Blue Ivy means pay for a surrogate mother and fake being pregnant to maintain one's image when in reality you are a self-serving ego-mainac who didnt want to go through the trouble of actually being pregnant and spend more time vacationing and getting plastic surgery while nannies do all the hard work and get paid little money.

April 6, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  80. scir91onYouTube

oh look, it's your classic satan worshippers. wonder what they will say on their deathbed like anton lavey.

April 6, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  81. BOBLEESWAGGER

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST POP JZ'S NOSE!

April 6, 2012 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Superdude

Cheers. They didn't give their daughter a man's name, or something that the girls already stole from the guys: Something-Ray, Aubrey, Kelsey (Grammer, Kelsey's Bar), Ashley (Gone With the Wind, anyone?), Avery (as in Shriver? as in you really want your daughter to have a big fro and mustache?), or even Noah.

April 6, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superdude

Of course I meant Schreiber, not Shriver.

April 6, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • toadears

yeah or like another second generationer, Paltrow, naming her kids Apple and Pear or something. (Beyonce's father was a rich music producer)

April 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  83. bob

The baby is cute, but she looks like she's made of plastic.

April 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  84. mytch

I know where the name Blue Ivy comes from. It comes from two incredibly stupid people who don't realize that this poor kid has to go through life with a ridiculous name like that. Oh right I forgot-the parents are Beyonce and JayZ. Nuff said!

April 6, 2012 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Marlee

Sounds like a supervillian comic name. Kinda cute. Not too girly, but she'll grow into it. :) IDK about that Illuminate weirdness. This is the entertainment news, if u want hard news it is out there.

April 6, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Kevin Nivek

I already hate this kid.

April 6, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  87. jeannie

These 2 iditos JayZ and Be cannot possibly be involved in Illuminati – they probably can't even spell it!!! they surround themselves with YES people and idiots like themselves.

April 6, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Tim Krell

Blue Ivy, another name for vericos veins, which is appropriate because they are ugly!

April 6, 2012 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  89. John Jackson

yvi eulb read just a little bit to gain knowledge

April 6, 2012 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  90. toadears

It means: blue and to go forward in latin. Now get this rich parasites off of my computer screen and give us some news, you CNN hacks!

April 6, 2012 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  91. sistersolja

She better not forget God – Her husband is a devil worshipper – hence, the underworld of the illuminati – They will not have their children christened... It's quite sad that she's trying to make herself NORMAL, after all the drama at the hospital and the entourage of body guards and such. Girl, I hope you get God in your life, and quick. Success is nothing without him. I was once a fan. Not anymore.

April 6, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Wajid

- Dear Kyle and Allison:This website is azmaing and you can see all the hard work you have put into it. We enjoyed the look back at your last 3 years.What!! Is it really 3 years already??? You guys look so good andtotally in love which I must say makes the parents of Allison very happy and proud of all the great things you have done together. We had a great evening drinking wine and crusing thruall your very inventive pictures. Dad wants to know where you comeup with all the places you shoot. You pick or the couple picks.Hey but in the end it's all look fabulowso.We are very proud of both of you. Kises and Hugs Mom and Dad

April 26, 2012 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Franklin

Ah, palintwit! I was worried we wouldn't see your inconsequential and irrelavent musings on this thread. Should've known better. If there is a forum to drop an anti-Palin comment, you're there. If there is a blog with commenting turned on, you're there. If there is an open bar at a wedding you've crashed, you're there. Anywhere you can indulge in your obsession to name-drop your beautiful Sarah's name, trying to draw her attention back to your loving eyes, you're there. It's been almost 4 years, man. Let her go. Let her go and move on.

April 6, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Judge Dredd

So the baby came from a tree...wow that is closer to the truth than her actually having the baby.

April 6, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  94. toadears

Stay focused on this story. This is a second or third generation superstar. In order to get you keep spending your money on their burnt out products, the elite rich have to keep having offspring. This way when their own fame burns out, they can live off baby here. So stay focused and allow the elite to control you money and your mind. This child will be a feature on every Rothschild's owned news media from now until she can be outted as a child star on Nickelodean.

April 6, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Laurie

April 6, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Eulb Yvi

To the people that said that baby looked white, have you seen a fair skinned black baby right after birth? They are VERY light. That baby looks black to me. Who really cares if she was pg or not or used a surrogate? They wanted a baby. Not being able to have a child is very embarrassing for some women. If you saw a woman walking down the street right now holding a baby, you would not wonder if she actually birthed it. Put yourself in her/their shoes and look at your own children. Ask what lengths you would have gone to to have them in your lives.

April 6, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Pookie

Hey!Everybody one of your perfect white girls just got arrested for drunk driving this morning,now jump her a** like you disrespect a dead woman who can't defend herself.

April 6, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • GentileLent

Yes so let's attack white people because suddenly their perfect. Perhaps, "Pookie" you should divert your attention to the numerous problems plaguing blacks in America and offer up a solution rather than devote your time to defaming the great white devil. It's just a suggestion

April 7, 2012 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  98. sean

I'd like to know what kind of Toilette paper she uses for her bum..

April 6, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • toadears

hahahah They'll tell you if you log onto to her website or 'tweet' her. people are insane these days and just love these know nothing stars, don't they?

April 6, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  99. TvNyC

Everybody will have a baby. Whats the big deal. Celebrity or not as long as the baby is healthy, forget it. god bless blue ivey and the rest of the world babies out there.

April 6, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  100. 1RingyDingy

Tt poor kid will always be Black & Blue...

April 6, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  101. willywalnuts

The have hair straightener for Black Babies ?

April 6, 2012 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  102. jeannie

Does not say much about you mike if THEY are your role models. Trust me. Illuminati. NOT. They are not that deep!!!
    LOL!!

April 6, 2012 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  103. superchick

hahahahahaha!
    screw beyonce & blue ivy
    u guys r d news!!!

April 6, 2012 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  104. mike

I love beyounce and Jay z, theyre just role model for many of us fans. I have read alot on this illuminati connection and it seems alot of truth and evidence around everywhere. If theyre not involved in this, why did they continue to make this infamous illuminati signs both jayz $ beyounce

April 6, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • toadears

are you promoting that the illuminati is a good thing? Oh goody! Can I sell you some swamp land in Florida?

April 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Marsha

Eew....glad that mystery is over! I couldn't sleep not knowing this vital information.

April 6, 2012 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  106. DeeNYC

the baby is already making gang signs with it's hand. And why is it so white?

April 6, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Kate

It's blue paint on a tree.... it's pretty obvious she knew the name BEFORE she found the tree.... and there's no such thing as a blue ivy... especially not in Croatia

April 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Dumb Name

Who cares? It's still a dumb name.

April 6, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Rick

To the "Illumniati" crowd, I hear that Safeway's got a great sale on Reynolds Wrap, you might want to stock up!!

April 6, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Beyoncegay

Why's she holding a white baby in the photo?

April 6, 2012 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • I.T

In my family, most of the babies are born very-fair but before the reach age 2, their skin darkens like a black.

April 7, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  111. alcourts

April 6, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Charles manson

Well, the movie mel gibson directed about jesus christ, in it the devil was a ivy blue color

April 6, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Fiona

I was mildly amused by the rumors that she was never rally pregnant and had hired a surrogate or adopted (renting a floor of a delivery ward was a bit excessive and bound to fuel rumors). Now I look at that photo and believe it. That baby doesn't look like either (supposed) parent. And B does not look like a woman who just gave birth.

April 6, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Jenkins

Illuminati preaching idiots are exhausting. (sigh) So what genius felt jumbling the letters of "blue" and "ivy" to "eulb" and "yvi" was latin? (sigh) time for education. "Filia" is the Latin word for daughter. "Eulb" and "Yvi" are NOT latin words. They are the words "blue" and "ivy" reversed. I'm gonna try my own latin. "Uoy era a toidi". Latin enough for ya?

April 6, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • JellyBean@Jenkins

Bravo well done! LOL!

April 6, 2012 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Yeah! Illuminati my behind. Besides, everyone knows it's all about the Scientology lifestyle. Blue Ivy is an abbreviation AND an anagram AND code for "Hubbard will be laughing his behind off when he and Walt Disney are thawed out."

April 6, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

LOL!!! u'r so damn funny!! and they are stoidi. :)

April 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drz

I think they're talking PIG Latin lmao

April 8, 2012 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  115. Renee

OR:
    The meaning of the name Blue is The Color; Also A Colloquialism Meaning Sad
    The origin of the name Blue is American

The meaning of the name Ivy is Climbing Vine Plant
    The origin of the name Ivy is English

In ALL my searching I not ONCE came up with this Illuminati, devils daughter cramp. You ignorant people really need to get a life...or maybe this troll thing IS your life. If that is the case, how sad being you!!!

April 6, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laurie

Blue Ivy, spelled backwards, Yvi Eulb means "Lucifer's Daughter" in Latin. Beyonce is just making up stories about the tree because this has caused so much conflict. I know this from religious studies but if you type the name backwards into Yahoo it will also tell you this. Do your homework.,

April 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Renee

Bleu+ Add to List
    This simple, airy name suggests an upbeat, easygoing personality with an artistic flair.

Ivy+ Add to List
    A nature name for the evergreen climbing plant with small yellow flowers ultimately derived from the Old English "ifig." Used as a girl's given name since the 1800s and peaked prior to the turn of the 20th century. Possibly influenced in the 1990s by "Ivy," a New York City Indie Pop band Popular today for its trendy long "ee" sound. , A Vine

April 6, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Jason S

Blue Ivy means devils daughter in Latin. Well we knew CNN was going to cover up this illuminati name.

April 6, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • JOE

Jason your absolutly right. They are totally Iluuminati. Devil Worshippers, leave it to the sheeple to believe that BLUE IVY is the name of a tree. Blue ivy is the Devil's daugher.

April 6, 2012 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • I.T

Just look at how long it too them to make up this explanation.

May be I would name mine Green Mary J (after the marijuana plant).

April 7, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • peridot2

A lie or an error, either way you're wrong.

Blue = caeruleus

Ivy = hedera

Neither word translates to devil or daughter.

One suspects bigotry is responsible for your remarks rather than ignorance of Latin.

April 8, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • CJ

It actually doesn't and I'm willing to bet money that you do not speak nor can you read ANY Latin. *BLINK*

April 9, 2012 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  118. Rita

I'm thinking (Blue)print (IV)y

April 6, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Twaa

Well said, It has nothing to do with a painted blue tree. It has to do with jay's record and the number.IV. they added the Y . But they could have just said BLU-IV 'something Carter and left it at that.

April 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  119. mddiva35

There is no such tree as a Blue Ivy tree. People are so stupid. She and Jay Z named their child that name because they are artist and wanted her name to reflect an important color and number in their lives.

April 6, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  120. guest

who gives a shiv.

April 6, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  121. C pause C

So I looked up the Blue Ivy Weed thing cause I was curious. Turns out that name popped up after their daughter was born. Meaning the baby came first since the above poster makes it sound like they name their daughter after weed. That's low.

April 6, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • African Chief

I doubt you found accurate info on blue ivy pot since it's only medically legal in some states. Its probably a hybrid that came out long before this child. Blue Cheese x poison ivy haze could = Blue Ivy.
      Weed naming class is now dismissed.

April 8, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  122. warren

story on beyonce's baby name? Wow you hit a new low. Report real news like starvation sudan. Your are idiots!

April 6, 2012 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Rita

This is the entertainment section. For Sudan, scroll up, click on the "world" tab. There ya go!

April 6, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • DMan

Then why read a posting in the 'entertainment' section? Did you expect a story on Sudan in here?

April 6, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • jfen42

I believe you would find stories regarding international occurrences in the international tab, not the entertainment tab.

April 6, 2012 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • toadears

Think...Jackson kids. They gotta keep this stuff coming to make sure the next generation is a superstar. I remember the good old days when artists had to audition and have talent to earn their accolades, not born to it. It's a genetic European thing to keep the peasants down and believing that if you are of low birth, you deserve you station in life and the elite deserve to be above you. The new American royalty. Plus if they start them out this young, the show business parasites have maybe 40 years to feed off of her career.

April 6, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sylvia

I bsolutley agree!!!!

April 7, 2012 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
    • PGG

Wrong comment for this section...What do u expect?

April 7, 2012 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • LA

And yet you still chose to click on a story in the ENTERTAINMENT section you half-wit.

April 8, 2012 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  123. James K.

Blue Ivy is a highly potent hybrid of weed (420)

April 6, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • SherrD

Maybe while Beyone was walking that beautiful morning, she first found a rabbit hole and decided to jump in it. We all know the movie Alice in Wonderland was written by someone doing acid.

April 6, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • will i mary jane

thats where the name comes from...jayZ smokes pot when that name pops up in his head...

April 6, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • PGG

Best comment of the day! LOL :o)

April 7, 2012 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Pookie

I think i'm going to cry seriously that's so beautiful.I wanted to say that and it's such an amazingly lovely Good Friday after a terrible hail storm Thursday.I know some of the same haters on the Kanye and Kim will be here soon spiting their poisonous venom and negative auras.Having said that i'm out of here Beyonce again you have a beautiful family.

April 6, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  125. PortalPunk

Firsties

April 6, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • thristies

And...we don't care why she named her kid after a color and plant. Thank you.

April 6, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • patty Biller

I'm surprised iit isn't satanic in origin; like their lifestyle...

April 6, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • bill

ivy stands for illuminaties very youngest btw forgot the blue part tho

April 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |