Ryan Seacrest to join NBC for Summer Olympics
April 4th, 2012

Ryan Seacrest to join NBC for Summer Olympics

“American Idol” host Ryan Seacrest isn't joining the cast of "Today," but he did swing by NBC's morning show Wednesday to reveal some news about his future with the network.

The TV producer/media personality/"American Idol" host told viewers that he'll be part of NBC's primetime coverage of the Summer Olympics in London.

“The plan is for me to join the NBC family and continue to have a role at the E! network,” Seacrest told Lauer this morning. (Comcast controls both networks.)

Seacrest called the overseas Olympics assignment “something I’ve been looking forward to.”

But is the congenial host angling to one day replace the long-standing Lauer? Reports have said that the E! News personality was having conversations of doing just that if and when Lauer leaves, but there's been reports that Lauer isn't departing "Today" anytime soon.

So back to the question: When Lauer asked outright if Seacrest has been eyeing his anchor chair, Seacrest responded, “I don’t know...I see you doing this for as long as you want to.”

For his part, Lauer shrugged off the awkward moment, saying amicably that Seacrest “would be great at this job … There is no tension here.”

Hey, what’s one less job for Seacrest anyway?

He hosts a daily morning radio show for Clear Channel in addition to his gigs with NBC, E! and “American Idol.”

As far as his contract negotiations with Fox over “Idol," Seacrest said, "I plan to say there," before adding that the deal isn't "quite there” yet.

1. intraday trading techniques

Hello There. I found your blog the use of msn. This is an extremely smartly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will certainly return.

April 8, 2012 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. sperry23

No surprise here. The morning shows, Today, GMA, and the rest haven't been about real news for the last 15 years. It's all about fluffy, pointless entertainment.

Seacrest will fit right in, fluffy and pointless.

April 5, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Debbie

@ Studly: that was funny! Mike Tyson hosting a Food Network show! I wonder what the name of it would be? Maybe "Ears looking at you, kid", "30 Minute Ear Meals", "Cooking With Ears Southern Style", "Ears are Good Eats", "Tyson's Home Cooking With Ears", "Mike's Best Ear Dishes". The possibilities are limitless. Thanks for laugh!

April 5, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. BBCue

Please, replace all your current anchors with no-talent idiots! Mix in Sarah Palin, Paula Abdul, Rosie O'Donnell, and the WHOLE DUGGAR FAMILY too. That will ensure NBC stays last in ratings.

April 4, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TPF

I would rather watch Ryan Seacreast doing the things he already does. The Today show is already dead and another way to make it disappear completely would be to allow Palin to join it.

April 4, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Studly

Ryan seacrest doing commentary at olymipcs? That man has no discernible talents.whats next mike tyson hosting a show on food network? Or god forbid...roseanne barr hosting the voice? Lol

April 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. linn

i really enjoy ryan and he is one grate host- announcer -and -host -and- d.j-.and -anchor guy- and host--and besides being a lot more-in plain language--i love ryan and his future wife–julieanne.....some of u are just jealous--everybody will have a turn and right now this is ryans' time.....so appreciate him .

April 4, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Brian Dunkleman

Screw you, dude!!

April 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. alex

Longtime NBC viewer here, but they're losing me. If Seacrest is covering the Olympics...I won't be watching. I find him grating, annoying, tiresome and, sadly, ubiquitous. From my perception he has no talent, either, and if NBC would replace stellar journalist and host Matt Lauer with Seacrest, they will witness their audience flee to ABC and CBS.

April 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  10. yawn

happy bank account... he needs to come out of the closet already.

April 4, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jenna

I won't watch anything with this moron. I guess I'll have to get my Olympic updates online this summer.

April 4, 2012 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Observer

Does this guy ever do anything besides standing around grinning like an idiot?

April 4, 2012 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ?

Gay or not, he has a happy bank account!

April 4, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  14. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

April 4, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  15. Mary

Dang! He is everywhere!

April 4, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  16. liam

I love Ryan Seacrest... he's so dreamy.

April 4, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Yomammy

Isn't he gay?

April 4, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Arrum

I thought he was great on Webster. Nut pretty sure he is a Mormon like me. Us Mormons are hella cool.

April 4, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • @yomammy

Yeah, he's using his current "gf" as a cover. He needs to put her out of her misery, return her to us straight guys, and go have relations with liam, Richard Fore, Mr. Ed, Evel, and

April 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • :|

*Yawn!*
      Today must be the day of the return of the tired, lame old jokes...
      Mormons. Webster.