'In Living Color' revival lines up cast
April 2nd, 2012

'In Living Color' revival lines up cast

The new cast members of the revitalized comedy sketch show “In Living Color” have some mighty big clown shoes to fill.

The two newest players - announced late last week, per Deadline - are actress Kali Hawk, whom some of you know as Shelby on Fox's “New Girl,” and newcomer Jennifer Bartels.

Fans may also recognize Hawk from “Couples Retreat, “Bridesmaids” and “Get Him to the Greek."

The women join fellow fresh faces Jermaine Fowler and Lil Rel Howery.

The '90s "SNL"-type sketch show helped break the careers of such stars as Jamie Foxx, Jim Carrey, Keenan Ivory Wayans and David Alan Grier. Plus a young Jennifer Lopez got her career start on the show as a “fly girl.”

The new “In Living Color” is expected to debut as two half-hour specials.

According to Deadline, they’ll film in April, with the expectation of airing around May.

We’re also coming up on the 25th anniversary of the groundbreaking original, and Fox will broadcast a special on “In Living Color” on April 22.

1. Jasmine

It should be good if comedian lil rel is in it! he's my fave comedian right now! just saw him in the new jordin sparks reebok video! http://bit.ly/ZigLite

October 29, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Stephen

I hope this will be as good as it was back in the 90's. I thought this show was awesome as a kid.

April 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ryan

DID ANYONE ELSE REPORT ABUSE ABOUT MELLISA XD!!

April 7, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  4. WLM

CNN.. I am utterly disgusted at the fact that you allow comments such as those from Melissa and Cora to be posted on this forum. As an African Amercian person I find this completely unacceptable. Please have those posts removed....

April 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. *$*

Lol

April 2, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sly Sadie

Now, if they made a comedy show all full of white people... THEY would be protesting in the streets like those people in Florida where that kid shot the security guard in a hoodie. Ignorant.

April 2, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jdoggy

What the hell is wrong with you people? Any why would CNN allow this hateful crap to even get posted? I'm white, male, and think you haters should be shot. Yeah, you will come back and accuse me of hating, but you really need to scrub the red off your necks and come into the 21st Century.

And CNN...shame on you. I expect better.

April 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Laquanda

You are just jealous because I am a successful African American female.

April 2, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • رهملالتيل يدلب

Ha! The American Way="I disagree, you should be shot!"

Your terorrist, doggy. If you had youre way no dissent getting posted. We being in Stalin times. All comment put through sensors. Gulag for anyone disagree. Glad I am being in far away country from West and there crazy.

April 2, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Observer

I thought the original show was pretty lame, but that girl is HAWT! I think watching her read the phone book would make for riveting television.

April 2, 2012 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Datrice

Mellissa and Cora, You both are very ignorant cowards who I'm sure would never say these things in the face of a person of color. You rather hide behind the internet. You say we are rude, but you are the only two on this blog who are displaying uncouth personalities and I’m so glad that I don’t have to work around hateful people like you either. May GOD have mercy on your hateful souls.

April 2, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tyree

You sound all prejudiced? Do you dislike people of color? I'm African American and find your comments to be hurtful. What are you prejudices against us Datrice? Just because my skin is dark doesn't mean my mind is dim. Peace Out.

April 2, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. k

You all are ignorant and narrow-minded.

April 2, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  11. رهملالتيل يدلب

All Westerners are how Mellisa described blacks. They rude, lazy, and smell slightly unclean. Thankfully not often working among them. Their also quite fat for mostly.

April 2, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Deb

We have a few here in New Jersey to do our lawn maintenance. We don't let them in the house though.

April 2, 2012 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Cora

@melissa. I'm sorry about that. You see how they act here just by their replies. Animals. I'm glad we don't have them here in Utah the Beautiful.

April 2, 2012 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Im sure these are all the same person
      Also,who in the fkkk would want to go to utah?
      You enjoy living in that salt lick sh1thole

April 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  14. k

Get off the page Melissa, no one wants to hear your bull shi**!

April 2, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Melissa

And they smell. Like Bill Cosby says, it wouldnt hurt most of them to become aquatinted with something called antiperspirant/deodorant, soap, and water. E

April 2, 2012 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • tt

@Melissa stfu why are you hating?just wake up with you cousins d ick in you at the trailer court?Kali is hot,looks like the beautiful Allyah.

April 2, 2012 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Melissa

Do any of you actually have to work with black people? They are just so rude. There is no wonder why everyone dislikes them. They are ok to see on tv, but in real life they are some super repulsive people.

April 2, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  17. derp

Kali Hawk is hotter than the core of the sun.

April 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |