'30 Rock' breaks the cycle
March 30th, 2012

'30 Rock' breaks the cycle

Thursday's “30 Rock” was yet another tribute to an important day all adults must honor annually: Tax Day.

On this most mundane of all calendar days, Liz fought to break the monotony of her life as Jack sought the inspiration that has eluded him all season.

Jack wanted to use the quarter profits to re-invigorate the company, because “the Kabletown blimp is in such disrepair we got a ‘jeers’ in Corporate Blimps Weekly.” Since he had no innovative ideas, he tried to stimulate his brain using the “shower principle.”

While Jack couldn’t find the right distraction, Liz couldn’t avoid commotion around the office.

Jenna refused to do a “Macbeth” sketch, insisting it would be bad luck. “I was trained in stage acting and game show pointing at the Royal Tampa Academy of Dramatic Tricks, where I studied theater superstition under Professor Dwayne Crawfish Kenny.”

Fortunately, Liz was armed with her journal from last year, which documented how she solved the office’s repetitive problems.

Next, she reminded Tracy to do his taxes, which resulted in him signing onto “5now Dog5” (aka the fifth movie in the “Snow Dogs” franchise) in order to pay the IRS.

Once she finally got a moment to herself, Liz devoted it to her new hobby: meditation. A Zen Jack appeared to her and announced, “You have achieved transcendence, a state of pure inner peace where all pants have built-in underwear.”

But her calm didn’t last. Jack realized that Liz was his shower principle. In a flashback, she whined, “I just don’t know what to do now. I’m scared Jack.” Jack: “Lemon, just get another DVR in the bedroom and then you can record all 4 shows at once...I’ve got it. Dump all the unsold dishwashers into the ocean.”

Though Jack begged her to distract him with her inane worries, Liz told him to try meditation. He protested, “I once pantsed Deepak Chopra while Craig T. Nelson taped it. I don’t meditate.” Out of other options, he eventually caved and meditated perfectly.

It worked, and Jack pitched his idea to Hank Hooper. “Kabletown fulfills our fellow Americans most American need: to sit on a couch talking on the phone about a TV show they’re watching based on a YouTube clip.”

Liz met Jack in an abandoned building, which he explained would become the Kabletown couch factory, the place where he would remake the company. He also admitted for the first time that he needs her.

If only she could rescue her meditation stool from the dumpster rats!

Think Jack’s plan to manufacture couches will save Kabletown?

Post by:
Filed under: 30 Rock • television • TV recaps

1. Baste

What a triumph. When you told me of the story it soudned worthy of a CNN focus. I'm delighted for you and Joe that it was featured.I hope NPR pick it up for an extended interview on Talk of the Nation or another of their great programmes.Good luck.

April 26, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Debbie

Multiple Personality Disorder much?

March 31, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Charlie Crack

Ooo candi. r u new to the blog baby ? gosh glee we don't get many new people on here. glad ur not one of my ho3s. Nice to get a fresh ho3 on here. come to big daddy. i'll show you some love baby

March 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. @4:17

U should know. u last name is crack

March 30, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Candi

You ppl make me lol. Happy to find these blogs.

March 30, 2012 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jujubeans

the article makes about as much sense as the comments

March 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ed

Thats a big 10 4 good buddy.

March 30, 2012 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ed

Ed be all crazy and he be all wack. What will he say when he hit dat crak(pipe)! He gonna pump his buddy in da rear, he plows them jig-a-booos and has no fear. Now when he done he just gotta say, now u all know dat I be flamin gay! I luv dat salty, sticky goo, just spray me wit yo man-luv spooo! Let's finish this up and polish yo knob, I pound Billy, Stevie, Mikey and Bob!! Ohhhh yeah. Fruits and fairies for eveh!!

March 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ed

You can tell by the way I move when I walk I'm a woman's man no time to talk. I'm wearing cologne and that's no lie my strutting shoes reach to the sky. I'm super cool. I'm all right girls think I'm outta sight. What do ya think what do ya think I'm staying alive. Staying alive. Singing this song and the words aren't right but I'm still alive. Still alive.

March 30, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Observer

Sung to da theme song on Cops: "gayboyz, gayboyz, what you gonna do, whatcha gonna do when I pound on you? Boy toyz, boy toyz, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when I blow my spooo. You just gonna take my tiny lil thang, it just might do if u never been bang!!.....tbc"

March 30, 2012 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Observer

This show stinks, and Baldwin is a liberal stooge. Bring back "Friends"!

March 30, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. portalpunk

FIRSTY BABY !

March 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. portalpunk

FIRSRY !

March 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Margarita

The website is okay we haven't had any proelbms with it at all. The link worked, Wayne. We had a very successful long weekend with lots of positive feedback. We are looking forward to our next opening on the 11th and 12th of November when a few participants of the television series Outblack House will be visiting

April 24, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |