Will 'Happy Endings' power couple get a third season?
March 28th, 2012

Will 'Happy Endings' power couple get a third season?

What's it like being part of one of the funniest married couples in primetime?

"Damon and I are very close in real life too, and we have so much fun together," said Eliza Coupe ("Scrubs"), who plays Jane to Damon Wayans Jr.'s Brad on ABC's "Happy Endings."

"I feel like he and I, really more than anyone else, are like a little machine. [We go] back and forth [joking], and we're like that off-camera too. Damon and Eliza are just dirty birds - they make Brad and Jane look like Puritans."

In a recent episode, Brad and Jane had a fake fight, and long story short, it involved lots and lots of pigeons.

"I'm not a huge fan of pigeons," Coupe confessed. "I went on a field trip once to New York City, and we went to this cathedral and climbed up this winding, crazy cobblestone staircase. I had a skirt on, and two pigeons got caught in between my legs, and I was scarred for life! They were dirty and gross. So when I had to work with the pigeons, I was not a fan."

What about kids for Brad and Jane?

"I don't know if anyone needs to introduce that. If the show continues on, hopefully, we'll have to do something like that, but I would like to see Brad and Jane get into even more craziness, where maybe they have to rob a bank. I don't know – something like that."

The biggest question of all, of course, is if "Happy Endings," which was something of a surprise renewal for season 2, will get a third season. Coupe said that the cast is taking that in their own hands via social media.

"People need to watch the show!" she said. "We're just trying to get the word out [via Twitter and Facebook]." (Every cast member but Elisha Cuthbert is on Twitter.)

In the meantime, Coupe just hopes that Michael Fassbender will talk to her. She shot a series of videos on YouTube during her downtime on the set of "Happy Endings" (check out the first one below).

"I had a crush on him, and he was one of the many on my list of people, and my friend Bree put up pictures of him all over the place in my trailer. I never expected anybody to actually watch them....We may be onto another man. Fassbender's not being responsive! So the next logical step is either Tom Hardy or Ryan Gosling."

« Previous entry
  1. lil

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. Please watch so it can get a third season. :)

March 29, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lynn

I love this show, I hope it gets renewed for a 3rd season. It never crossed my mind that it wouldn't.

March 29, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jokiiu

I like the show sometimes but some episodes are REALLY cringe-worthy. It depends on the episode writer.

March 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Gouda

Just watched thsi show yesterday, and it's amazing how hard they try to make it funny, clever, and unscripted looking/sounding, and it just don't work.

March 29, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. Flo

That girl sure needs a haircut. Long hair on girls make them look like lesbians.

March 29, 2012 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Derrick

The ratings aren't great. But that goes for all the shows these days. http://www.derrickduffie.com

March 29, 2012 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
    • comeon

That's how it goes with all the smart well written shows out there – Arrested Development, Happy Endings, Freaks & Geeks, Community, Firefly, Fringe, etc... instead, people watch awful shows like Big Bang Theory, 2 & 1/2 Men, American Idol, & Jersey Shore. Shows that take little to no thinking to understand.

March 29, 2012 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  7. Greg

This show is boring. I'm ready to see it go.

March 29, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

Me too. The talking dog thing is just getting lame. Everyone has one on their show nowdays. Modern Family, this show, and even New Girl and Alcatraz. An animated dog would be cute if they were on one or two series, but there is no need to have one on every show. Just sayin'.

March 29, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  8. say what

Best couple on TV right now. Love the show and all it's quirks! I can't get enough of Max & Penny either.

March 29, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
  9. Henry

That girl looks mean. I'd be skeeered of her.

March 29, 2012 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mandy

This show is super odd. Why do they have a cigar smoking dog on it? The little guy named Stewie is ok, but the cartoon puppy almost seems silly.

March 29, 2012 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. Shmubba

They are the best thing about happy Endings. I actually was rooting for this show to be cancelled so Damon could go back to New Girl, but Lamorne Morris grew on me, so now i guess I hope they just recenter happy endings around Damon and Eliza

March 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bubba

They sure look happy. They must be married!

March 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |