Jane Fonda in talks to play Nancy Reagan
March 27th, 2012

Jane Fonda in talks to play Nancy Reagan

Jane Fonda may be preparing for a new role -  that of former First Lady Nancy Reagan.

Fonda's publicist confirmed to CNN that the actress is in talks to play the wife of the 40th president of the United States in the true-life story of Eugene Allen, an African-American man who worked as a butler in the White House from 1952 to 1986.

Allen served eight presidents, ending his career as a White House Butler during Ronald Reagan's term as president.

If Fonda's deal comes together, the Oscar-winning actress would join a cast that could include Oprah Winfrey, Forest Whitaker and Mila Kunis, Variety reports.

According to the trade publication, Whitaker is at work closing a deal to play Allen, while Winfrey is currently in talks to play his wife. Kunis has been approached about playing Jackie Kennedy.

Other potential cast members reportedly include David Oyelowo, who is in negotiations to play Allen's son, and Liam Neeson and John Cusack, who may snag roles as former presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard Nixon.

The film is set to be directed by Lee Daniels, who was nominated for an Oscar for directing “Precious." Filming is expected to begin this summer.

1. Its Miller Time!

if she plays the part ...i will watch..

January 9, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • angel bass

I WILL NEVER FORGET JANE FONDA AND HOW MANY PEOPLE SUFFERED AND COULD HAVE PERISHED FROM HER BEING A TRAITOR!!! SHE THINKS BECAUSE IT'S BEEN OVER THIRTY YEARS WE WILL FORGET, BUT WE HAVEN'T! AND TO HAVE HER HANDS ON HOLLYWOOD BLD. IS AN INSULT/ LET ALONE STAR IN ANY MOVIE! I KNOW WHERE MY DOG IS GOING TO DO HIS BUSINESS AT! GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS.............

February 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Richard

If she plays the part, I will not watch it.

January 9, 2013 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Chaim Paddaman

Providing aid and comfort to the enemy is treason in any country in the world. If crackhead Jane was a ordinary citizen she would have been arrested for treason, but she was fortunate to have come fom rich and famous Hollywood. They are above the law and there are no consequences for their actions. But at least she has the means to pay 40 000 Dollars for a plate of food at these Obama fundraising dinners.

September 3, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. peggy

I am a disabled Viet Nam Era Veteran. I remember very clearly Hanoi Jane spreading the propaganda in the war. I feel she should have been arrested on treason charges as soon as she set foot back in this country. Just because its been 30+ years ago, doesn't make what she did forgivable. She turned on her own countryman when they came to her for help. I for one, will NEVER spend a cent to see anything she is in. God bless those that served, and send Jane to prison, where she should have been all along.

August 27, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Barbara Henke

I think Jane Fonda is a traitor to her country, which apparently it isn't. She shouldn't be allowed to play Nancy Reagan, or get award from the worst President of the US for outstanding women. She's outstanding alright TRAITOR – TRAITOR-

August 13, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Ivan

Jane Fonda is what she is. I was in the peer group that served in the Viet Nam war although I was not in the war I lost several good friends in that war and I have total respect for those who fought in it. One thing that bothers me about Jane Fonda being chosen for playing the role of Nancy Reagan in this movie is Fox News and others are trying to imply that President Obama is responsible for the decision. I have researched this subject extensively and I cannot find any FACTS that support the idea that President Obama has a role in any decision to have Jane Fonda play the part. If there are any real facts that support that notion I would like to see them but I will be surprised if there are any. To me it sounds like more radical right wing BS trying to discredit an exceptonally good president with bold faced lies because they cannot hurt him with real truth.

July 30, 2012 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. BOO

THIS STINKER OLD HAG TRAITOR CAN'T PLAY NANCY REAGAN WHO IS PARIOTIC AMERICAN

June 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Donna

I hope the producers think again who should play the part of Nancy Regan. What a slap in the face to Mrs. Regan and to the Veteran's who fought in that war.

August 23, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. the best telescope

I don't even understand how I stopped up here, however I thought this post was once good. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger for those who are not already. Cheers!

May 25, 2012 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. George Seavey

There is no doubt "Hanoi Jane" is a wonderful actress but should never be cast to play the role of a Patriotic Amereican like Nancy Reagan. What is Hollywood thinking? I assure you that neither I nor any member of my family or friends would ever go see the movie. "Hanoi Jane" is a traitor and should have been arrested, tried and if convited – shot after her performance is North Vietnam – all taking place while Americans were dying at the hands of those she was entertaining by sitting on the artillery piece. Shame on you Hollywood for even thinking of casting her.

May 5, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mark "Flash" Long

I cannot believe this. I can only imagine that this is being contemplated as an effort to get more news attention to the movie/event. I can firmly say, I would not watch this. I will not support anything that Hanoi Jane is involved with no matter what it is.

April 10, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. EvilDiva1973

I'm 39 roudly in Viet Nam. he was never a POW I have heard stories about Hanoi Jane and let me tell you she should NOT even have a career. She needs to go away and never be seen again. She apologised? WOW thats rich. I can see it now "Dear Mr War Vet I am so sorry I had you beaten to where you can no longer walk without a lim and I am so sorry thet you now suffer stress beyond anyones imagination. I am also sorry that why you were spat on I was making millions of dollars while you are homeless because of all the probelems you had when I turned you into the guards at the Hanoi Hilton. Anyone who thinks Hanoi Jane did enough to repent keep dreaming.

April 10, 2012 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ben

Hanoi Jane Fonda to portray Nancy Reagan??!!!! No way. She went to North Vietnam, posed next to an anti-aircraft gun, and was an excellent propaganda tool for the Communists. Henry Fonda (a WWII Navy Veteran) critizied his daughter's behaviour and her actions.
    That is a terrible idea. Who do they plan to get to portray Ronald Reagan–probably someone who is politically as far to the left as they can find. I am sure Nancy Reagan does not want to have anything to do with Hanoi Jane Fonda and Hates the idea of having her portray her in anything, radio, television, direct to video, or the movies.

April 9, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Loyal Northern Democrat

The only thing that traitor should play is someone putting a loaded gun into their mouth and pulling the trigger.

April 8, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mark

The Producers should know that millions will not go see a movie about Nancy Reagan that stars Jane Fonda. It's all about money for a movie like this and they'll lose their backsides! Besides, I cannot imagine any of the Reagan's, living or dead, sanctioning that tawdry casting.

April 8, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  15. Tim

Well I suppose it would be no problem if Rush L. played Franklin Roosevelt then...

April 6, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Abase

Never! never will I support anything Jane Fonda does. She should be in jail as a traitor. GOD bless our American soldiers.

April 4, 2012 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Sher

What a shame Jane Fonda is being considered! Nancy Reagan must be horrified to have her get that roll, if not most of America as well. I'd like to see the movie but only IF someone besides Fonda gets the part.

April 4, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  18. tom

These right wing conservatives are blowing gaskets all over the place...almost worth the read. Hey...it was 40yrs ago and she apologized...we all made mistakes in our youth...some worse than others. Let it go...the lady is one hell of an actress no matter what role she's played. Don't want to watch it...don't....but bet she'll be phenominal and lots of people will go see it...maybe even Nancy Reagan. SHe's also never been overaly loved by the country and the people in it.

April 3, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. FS Scott

She is a traitor..............and they want her to portray the wife of a US President? She is responsible for many of the issues the Vietnam Vets have to deal with...................Hanoi Jane.............No. I know no one who would go to see such a movie.

April 3, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Kent C

As a former Vietnam era veteran, I am saddened that anyone would cast Hanoi Jane as Mrs. Reagan. I realize that many years have passed since her actions took place, but you can't ever forgive a traitor whose actions provided comfort, aid and support to North Yietnam. She should have been charged and sentenced to a long prison term.

March 30, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Incredulous

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? She shouldn't be allowed to read the script much less be considered for the role....

March 30, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse |
  22. anna

Oh Please, any other actress but her.

She wasnt a good actress when she was young and I dont think anything has changed.

March 29, 2012 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  23. Mike

Another good reason to swear off network TV, and stick to Public and Cable. Hollywood stopped being professional and responsible and reasonable long-long ago. It is no longer entertaining or intellectually stimulating.

March 29, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  24. Mae P

Can't believe that hollywood would even think of considering someone like Jane Fonda for this role. This is Hanoi Jane slapping our soldier who served in Vietnam all over again.

March 28, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anita

Amen Mae P.....Jane Fonda is a travesty, a traitor to this country and our military. I would say a national boycott of this movie if she gets the part.

August 8, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Toni G

White trash-Hanoi Jane is a pathetic choice for such a polished and gracious First Lady. Hey Obama-there's no statute of limitations for treason!!!!

March 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. jamie

I think it would be sad for us to let a traitor like Hanoi Jane play the part of an icon like Nancy Reagan . I feel that they can find another person to play Nancy . What a disgrace to put her in the same thought let alone letting Hanoi Jane play as Nancy Reagan. Hanoi Jane turned her back on the country and our solders , when she went to Hanoi and acted the way she did. The Viet nam vets will not forget the horrible things done to their fell soldiers while she was stradled a canon say we are sorry for killing you little people. Hanoi Jane should have never been aloud to keep her star status let alone
    aloud back in the united states. I don't care that her father was a famous star , all that means is he was very able to
    provide her with a place in some other country. Hanoi Jane should have been ban from the united states when she
    turned her back on our soldiers and the country .I feel that the fathers stardom is what aloud for heads to be turned
    and for her to be aloud back in the united states. I know we are not perfect but we don't like traitors.

March 28, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Nancy Reagan did do squat.

Just say no to drugs.

March 28, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. Eddie

Nancy Regan deserves respect. Jane Fonda isn't worthy of such a grand lady. After what she did in the 70's she should have been black listed from Acting since she is a traitor.

March 28, 2012 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  29. johnflaw

Hanoi Jane... what a slap in the face to all VietVets. She is just one of the reasons we were treated like dirt when we came home

March 28, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  30. WillyWallace

She looks she's 90 so they just figured she would be good for the part.

March 28, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  31. suzangrace

this is a very bad choice. fond's patriiotism is in questiion. she is a devot dem and shouln't be playing a well known republican.i am not a fan of nancy, but i do like jane as an actress. the prducers need to rethink this suggestion. i realize that an actor should be able to portray all people, but come on. this is way off base. i think the worst choice hollywood has made is having lindsay lohan play the amazing elizabeth taylor. liz must be rolling i her grave. taylor fans will not be watching this!

March 28, 2012 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  32. Dr. Tracy M. Baker

This is political heresy putting Hanoi Jane to play the First Lady of Conservatism. I know what the director of the movie is trying to do and it is reprehensible. Trying to renovate Jane Fonda's reputation is a slap in the face to all veterans. What SHOULD have happened way back when Hanoi Jane went to North Vietnam during the war was to take away her citizenship and bar her from ever entering the country again. Jane, there is a law that anyone who gives aid and comfort to an enemy of the U.S. in time of war can have their citizenship taken away. This is a little used law that should have been applied in your case. I have no doubt the only reason it wasn't was due to your father's reputation. I understand being young and making mistakes, but what you did goes WAAAAY beyond that kind of thing. Shame on you! You should pay the penalty for your traitorous act by being permanently ostracized by decent society for the rest of your life.

March 28, 2012 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  33. CN Red

LMAO! Take that Observer you stooge! Suck Hanoi Janeyz crotch stained pantyz!

March 28, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  34. CONDUCTOR MEG

All aboard! Express to Alec Baldwinia now boarding!

March 28, 2012 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  35. allen

You have to be kidding me. It takes a lot of nerve to play a part you are soo wrong for. Another movie of hers I won't be seeing.

March 27, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Texas Tumbleweed

Delicious Irony!

March 27, 2012 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. alumette

Two elderly women who need to go away....permanently. No more acting...no more history quotes...simply....GO !

March 27, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  38. BILL

Not really good news, but acceptable.
    To get Janes name back in the Picture. I had begun to think everybody had forgotten her past. Glad to find out I was wrong.
    I STILL REMEMBER TOKYO ROSE.AND HANOI
    THANKS ALL

March 27, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  39. King of all Trolls !!

Hey u trolls! I iz gonna pump your plump rump with my big ol jig-a-booo stump!!

March 27, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  40. gahh

Dear Nancy, Just say No! Ah the great 80's. Reagan was throwing disabled people with brain tumors off social security. I hope part of the movie shows Nancy going to her Astrologer, who ran her and Ronnie's lives. Nancy was a B rated movie star along with her idiot husband, who paid absolutely zero when it came to taxes. Reagan lived like a King and Nancy lived like a Queen, thanks to the taxpayers. Jane you're to good for this.

March 27, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Juju

Well, I see all the Vietnam nuts have come out again. Get over it! You've been harping on this woman for 40+ years. Do you think she gives you a second thought? All this hate and gnashing or teeth hasn't had nearly the effect on her that it has had on yourselves.

March 27, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Reagan Hater

Look at all the viet vets coming out of the woodwork ! You guys really need to get a grip after all these years.

Jane Fonda was a dumb young woman but she didnt F- U p the country the way Reagan did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 27, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jane Fonda

I really luv dem jig-a-booos. Da last time I went to a NAACP meeting with my homie, I scored a cooon with a big ol schlonger! I took dat thing so far up my hole....wow!!!

March 27, 2012 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Jane Fonda

I iz gonna take my strap-on dil-do and pound you fairies right in da ol keister! My leftist views is gonna spew hatred toward our military till the day I die!! Eat me!

March 27, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Jane Fonda

Suk it you right wing freaks! You pillow biters can pound sand.

March 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Gary Kinder

Hollywood should be charged with treason for this one. Hanoi Jane as Nancy Reagan.

March 27, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Stephen in VA

Now this is funny. Those good old "we demand our rights" Republicans are all up in arms because a woman exercised her First Amendment rights over thirty years ago? Oh, that's right–you only have rights in the Sieg Heil party as long as you only use them to further the party's message.

March 27, 2012 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  48. FedUp

Really? Another movie I will never see. I refuse to support a traitor. There should soon be another huge earthquake. Nancy and Ronnie will be rolling over in their graves.

March 27, 2012 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Justin

Jane Fonda, "Hanoi Jane" Fonda tapped to play Nancy Reagan?! What? Jane Fonda who sat on NVA guns and smiled? Jane Fonda who praised the enemy and called our POW's Liars when they described their torture? Jane Fonda who just in 2000 said to the Washington post "I, a socialist, think that we should strive toward a socialist society, all the way to communism."? You want HER to play the woman who was touring VA hospitals as the first lady of California giving comfort to our wounded Vietnam vets while at the same time Jane toured North Vietnam giving comfort to the enemy? Jane Fonda who believes we should be communists to play the Woman who was first lady of the United States when the Berlin wall fell. That is a classless decision and I won't be watching

March 27, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • soccermom

Justin and all of the other anti-Hanoi Jane are so right! She should have been tortured like out POWs and then she could have given us her opinion of the situation. To let that POS play one of the finest ladies in American History is just sickening.

April 5, 2012 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  50. Hidyho

I figured that they would have picked an actress younger than the former First Lady!!!

March 27, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mike

This is a total insult to any American, especially the former first lady. Hanoi Jane will never be forgiven for her blatant treason.
    She should have been tried and convicted and should now be enjoying her meals from between bars.
    She is a disgrace. Hopefully they pull the plug on casting her in any role, EVER.

March 27, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Klsteele

She is an a__. Why would anyone give her any accolades or purchase/see anything that this traitor did (in the past, present or future). Why not let her play Obama!

March 27, 2012 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  53. mgrant305

Typical Hollywood!

March 27, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Tak

God, the Republicans are going to get apoplexy from this. Bet money that it never happens though. They'll pull the plug on this before they let Jane play Nancy.

March 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Loan

Are you serious ? After insulting Vietnam Vets by visitting to North Vietnam during the war ?

March 27, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Clete

Geoge W Bush will have a cameo....as a house plant

March 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Chad Calpito

What a total disgrace. Hanoi Jane Fonda is a traitor. I will not see this movie as it is a disgrace that she was picked to portray Nancy Regan. Nancy Regan is an honorable woman and to be betrayed in a movie by a traitor is none-the-less disgraceful and gravely insulting.

March 27, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • moon627

:( ridiculous ... dont try to change history ... Nancy and Ronnie both screwed up this country more than Jane Fonda !!

March 27, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan

I agree that she is a disgrace and a traitor. This is not about whether she screwed up the country more than the politians, this is about the fact that what she did was an act of treason. I, for one, will never watch anything with her in it. I'm with th guy who chewed tobacco for the only time in his life just to split it on her.

March 27, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Madame Rue

Moon, baby, I am going to guess that you are currently a student at a state run university, and your history told you all about the bad, bad Reagans and the good, good Jane Fonda. However, those of us who have lived a number of years, and can remember both events quite well, will always protest about the traitor being honored or making money in any way. She should have been deported to live in North Vietnam, since she had so much sympathy for them.

March 28, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • M. Rue Again

I mean, your history professor told you who to "worship" and who to "hate" at your liberal agenda state run university. Bye bye now.

March 28, 2012 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  58. dawn

IF SHE IS IN - I AM OUT- AN EMBARRASSMENT TO OUR NATION

March 27, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  59. The Måd Råp3r

I don't think she much cared for my comments I posted on her blog a while back. It should be pretty funny watching the conservatives beating their chests about it though.

March 27, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sue

The Reagans should protest

March 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Philip Hades

HAHAHAHAHAHA......wait... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      The story is almost as good as the conniptions conservatives are having in the comments. What's even funnier is that if Reagan ran these days the Republicans would crucify him for being too liberal.

March 27, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  61. cnnlicksit

Agreed. I'm sure the uber-liberal Fonda and Hollywood will not allow a fair portrayal.

March 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Megans Mom

I will NOT go and see that movie. I can't even imagine that FONDA WAS PICKED. She is an abhorrance to our United States. The Most Liberal Democrat ever, and playing the wife of the President of the US, Ronald Reagan.
    Makes Me Sick to my Stomach.

March 27, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • be quiet

well maybe you should have Megan run down to the store and get your some alka seltzer while you sit on the can and try to squeeze one out.

Feel better dearie! Smooches!

March 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • scott

be quiet, follow your name and be quiet, now go away

March 27, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rolyat

Oh grow up – she was 20 years old when that happened.

March 28, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Lou

Ah, the power of the old mighty dollar – it makes the most liberal anti US maggot put aside her beliefs. How hipocritical does that get!!

March 28, 2012 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Lou

ROLYAT: If a 5 year old is held accountable for misbehaving and gets time-out, a 20 year old is more than accountable for his or her actions. She should have given up all her worldly goods and privileges and joined her causes and fought like the rest of them. Instead, she chose to fight from the comfort of her home and riches – How honorable!!!

March 28, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • kathy

gee...maybe it'll be something reeeeal serious you and you can drop dead? Man oh man...get OVER it already. It was over 40yrs ago and she has apologized for her mistakes. I'm 60yrs old and I know I made PLENTY of really bad mistakes back then...who didn't? TIme to let it go dude. Many feel Cheney, Bush and Rove are traitors to this country for what they did in 8yrs...but you move on.

April 3, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  63. thumprr

Hanoi Jane, enough said.

March 27, 2012 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bud

Thank You, thumprr. Welcome Home and "Never Forget!" Garry Owen, Sir.

March 28, 2012 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  64. Observer

Will be another liberal hatchet job, much like when James Brolin played Reagan.

March 27, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • DJ

The thing is you don't know that. The story isn't about republicans or democrats, as far as I know (I read a book about the long term staff at the White House long ago). It could turn out to be a "liberal hatchet job", but I'd be surprised, considering some of the people involved. Also, "liberal hatchet job" is only rarely used to describe actual liberal hatchet jobs. Mostly it's used as a weapon with which to bash anything that doesn't show the right in a falsely flattering light. There are definitely "liberal hatchet jobs", though it's a tiny fraction compared to the right wing hatchet jobs out there. As for this movie, though, we don't know a thing about it yet so inhale, fer Chrissakes.

April 1, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • kathy

Oh yes....another conspiracy theorist and poor right wing nutcase thinking the terrible 'liberals' are respsonsible for all the evils in the world....welll hate to tell you dude...but have a look in the mirror.

April 3, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  65. be quiet

John Cusack as Nixon? Hmmmmm....not sure about that one.

March 27, 2012 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Caiha

You gotta be kidding me. That's like casting the grand wizard to play Abraham Lincoln, it's just impossible to believe the actor's blatant biases won't effect the performance.

March 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Impossible for a nut like you who has no idea what a professional actor, one who has been doing it for five decades, does.

March 27, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michael

That is having cassius clay playing jesus or ghandi

March 27, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bud

She wasn't acting when she was laying on the anti-aircraft gun, wrapped in the arms on the NVA! That, my friend, was INTENTIONAL!

March 28, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Virgil

Let the a traitor play a national ICON, I don’t think so!!

April 6, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hanoi Jane

Hanoi Jane is back – god save us all.

April 6, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • janelle

I agree it's impossible, but not because of politics, rather because of Fonda's age. Jane Fonda is only 16 years younger than Nancy Reagan in real life. Fonda is 74, Reagan is 90. How can Fonda realistically play her as she would have been during the Reagans time in the White House? Which started when Reagan was almost 20 years younger than Fonda is now?

April 6, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat

Isn't "Hanoi Jane" a little over the hill for any part? Her career ended years ago and should remain so!

April 10, 2012 at 3:20 am | Report abuse |