Director drops hints about 'Hunger Games' sequel
March 27th, 2012

Director drops hints about 'Hunger Games' sequel

Now that we've seen “The Hunger Games,” we're readily anticipating the big screen sequel, "Catching Fire." (Warning: There's a spoiler below the jump if you haven't read the trilogy. If you don't want to know, stop reading.)

Director Gary Ross told MTV that the heavily-anticipated follow-up to the flick that crushed the box office over the weekend will “look and feel” differently from “Hunger Games” - in a good way, of course.

"The arena in the second book is tropical, and the arena in [the first] book is forests,” he explains, clearly for non-fans of the series, referencing the second adaptation of Suzanne Collins' best-selling books. "So that in and of itself will make for a different wardrobe on the part of the crew." (And now, for the spoiler...)

Enthusiasts of the series also know that the second installment will feature Katniss and Peeta being forced to return to the arena for a special edition of the "Games" - something Ross says he will shoot differently as well.

"In terms of the cinematic differences in the way I might shoot the movie, I shot ['Hunger Games'] in a very specific way that's very different than most franchises are shot, obviously, and that had a lot to do with the urgency of what's going on and Katniss' point of view,” he said.

Other than those little tidbits, the director said he’s staying mum about what fans can look forward to - mostly because he’s still trying to figure it all out himself.

"I have some ideas about how to do 'Catching Fire' slightly differently, but I don't want to share them yet,” he said. “Not because I'm being evasive, but just because they're not fully baked. But yes, I think it will look and feel slightly different from the first."

Our iReporters have shared their verdict on the just released film:

What'd you think?

1. Musandam Dibba

thanks,....Enthusiasts of the series also know that the second installment will feature Katniss and Peeta being forced to return to the arena for a special edition of the "Games" – something Ross says he will shoot differently as well, again thanks

January 30, 2013 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Banana

Why can't the director, direct the movie exactly the way it is. After all the book was fantastic.

August 7, 2012 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. Fadi

The American people have becmoe like Piranhas, feeding away non stop until their is nothing left.How can the american people ignore the energy that Obama created for America after wiining the elections, how can the American people(Rep.) ignore that reality? they felt it too! im sure, instead they translated it to fear, the only tactic they know Any how, I never felt or saw anything like it on that day of our Presidential victory!! not to mention how it was felt Worldwide!After 8 years of Bush creating that perfect gap between the elite and the middle class , poor people,creating a frightend, sick. less confident and uneducated America, he met his objective, Yet I can also understand how dificult it is for Republican Conservatives to step aside now, imagine having to give up 8 years of what the Bush admisntration has provided, it must be tough??? Its like teaching an old dog new tricks, obviously that old dog is not interested when he can simply be fed and lay all day long on that Big Ass Porch! Now President Obama has to keep the boat afloat for Republicans and Democrats and anyone in between to balance this nation that allows you to be all we can be!In 8 years I didnt see Bush perform any miracles! so why should Obama in just 1??? Let them man work and help thy neighbor!!!!

April 27, 2012 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Troll

Does Katniss kill Rue? I sure hope not. That would be horrible.

March 28, 2012 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark Armor

No she doesn't. Just the opposite. But I'm not going to spoil the whole movie for you. It's outstanding.

March 31, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bernice

I heard there is a big controversy about people thinking Katniss is too fat. She looks ok to me. I don't know.

March 28, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. Patty

That girl with the bow and arrow looks dangerous. I hope she don't poke someone's eye out with that thing.

March 28, 2012 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. Patty

I heard they might be. I don't know any but I saw them on tv a few times.

March 28, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. S.S., Michigan's Sewer Rat

Are all blk peep mean? i' dont like them

March 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Lo Jenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWCGocD56Q&w=640&h=390]

March 27, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Becky

LOL. : )

March 27, 2012 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. King of the trolls !!

Hey you fools. Why aint you posting anything bout Hunger Games?? I liked the flick, except for all them jiga-booos! What up?

March 27, 2012 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. King of the trolls !!

I am the first to post!! I am the man!! You other trolls get in line, baby!!

March 27, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |