Ahead of the curve: Weekly pop culture calendar
March 25th, 2012

Ahead of the curve: Weekly pop culture calendar

Well, it's about time.

Leonard Nimoy finally makes an appearance on "The Big Bang Theory," and haunts Sheldon's dreams as Mr. Spock after Sheldon breaks Leonard's "Star Trek" toy. We wonder what advice Spock might give Sheldon. Perhaps it will be one of his famous sayings? - "It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

Catch this special episode on March 29 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS. Here's what else you shouldn't miss this week:

Monday

• Catch the season one finale of "Alcatraz" at 8 p.m. ET on Fox, where Rebecca and Doc come close to understanding why the criminals are returning.
  • Watch an all-new episode of "Smash" at 10 p.m. ET on NBC, where Derek plans to steal the musical and Eileen's daughter makes a surprise visit.
  • Also, catch an all-new episode of "Castle" at 10:01 p.m. ET on ABC, when five people are killed during a protest rally and Castle and Beckett investigate.

Tuesday

• Catch new episodes of "Raising Hope," "New Girl" and "Breaking In" starting at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
  • Watch an all-new episode of "The Biggest Loser" at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
  • Books to release this week: "Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power" by Rachel Maddow, "Guilty Wives" by James Patterson, "The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods" by Hank Haney, "Betrayal" by Danielle Steel and "Barefoot Season" by Susan Mallery.
  • Movies coming out on DVD and Blu-ray include: "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked," "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close" and "A Dangerous Method." Movies being re-released on Blu-ray are; "The Bodyguard," "Confucius" and "Casablanca."
  • Albums to release this week: "MDNA" by Madonna, "Tuskegee" by Lionel Richie, "The Hunger Games: Original Motion Picture Score" by James Newton Howard, "Flying Colors" by Flying Colors and "Steadfast" by Clay Aiken.

Wednesday

• Watch the season one finale of "Whitney" as Alex and Whitney head to tie the knot, only to find out that Whitney's driver's license has expired. The finale airs at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
  • Then catch a new episode of "Are You There, Chelsea?" followed by an hour-long episode of "Bent," starting at 8:30 p.m. ET on NBC.

Thursday

• See which finalist goes home on "American Idol" at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.
  • Keep the good ratings up for "Community" by catching an all-new episode of the show at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. In part one, a new sandwich shop opens in the cafeteria and Abed and Troy battle over competing blanket forts.
  • Stevie Nicks guest stars as herself on "Up All Night" at 9:30 p.m. ET on NBC.

Friday

• Rita Wilson will trace her ancestry back to Greece and Bulgaria on a new episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?" at 8 p.m. ET on NBC.
  • If you've recovered from "The Hunger Games" madness last week, check out these new releases: "Wrath of The Titans," starring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, "Mirror Mirror," starring Lily Collins, Julia Roberts and Armie Hammer, "Goon," starring Seann William Scott and Liev Schreiber, the controversial documentary "Bully" and "Dark Tide," starring Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez.

Filed under: Ahead of the Curve

1. Hettie Stokel

A stiff neck isn't usually an indication of a serious medical problem, but it can impede your daily activities and make it hard to get to sleep. Although most often caused by poor posture at work, a stiff neck can also be caused by sleeping wrong or straining through exercise. Read on for some practical tips on how to relieve the pain.'^',

Look over our very own website as well <http://www.wellnessdigest.co

July 5, 2013 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. stiff neck

You already know therefore considerably in relation to this topic, produced me individually consider it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like men and women are not fascinated except it is one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

April 4, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Natew00

Flying Colors mentioned above is a new CD coming out this week. Guitarist Steve Morse is a national treasure, and anyone who enjoys guitar and has a pulse should find a way to hear his music.

March 26, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lol

Good you liked movie @ richard fore. Would s uck to pay money and not like it. Is this the trolling your king of? I was hoping for some good stuff, not that lame stuff. Could you and your friend do better? TY

March 26, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. The Måd Råp3r

Lol, talking to yourself again I see. Starting to think you might actually be crazy.

March 26, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • @MAD

Agreed! Crazy is their middle name! Just a couple of lonely trolls, with a lot time & whatever on their hands!

March 26, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  6. Charlie Crak

You and Sadie be some real trolls!! Freakin nutbars!!

March 26, 2012 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sly Sadie

Yo yo yo my pu55y has a big hole. i love sucking great big blk c-ock. i put it in me hand. I shake it az hard az i can. put it in me mouth en he shoot it all in me mouth.

March 26, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. Anonymous dude

Smokin dem poles and takin it in all holes!! Them darn trolls really taken a toll on my soul with these droll scrolls!!

March 26, 2012 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. Charlie Crack

it was dark in the movie s i waz fist pumping f-ag rap3er me mom joined. richard , bv, evil , sly, peace starrfire and the fat hog all joined in . me gandpa was there 2 . all for a gang ban of fist banging action

March 26, 2012 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. Sly Sadie

em love chowing down charlie's little weiner. wht ur expect from a river rat

March 26, 2012 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. King of da trolls !!

Hey lol!!
    How about you and I get together to talk thinks over. I will whip out my schlooong and you can meet mr one-eyed willie! Let me introduce you to my friend Ben....Ben Dover. I just wanna rock your world. Do a little m-diving and then I will take you from behind! What say you! Lata.

March 26, 2012 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  12. Richard Fore

Yo yo! I love to rap and dats no lie, I gave up dem dix and started chasin da pie! No more polishin and waxin dem knobbs...from now on I be done with da corn cobbs. Its just da box dat turns me on....every day of da month even if dey got pons! I pump da cooochie till it be so sore...my strap-onn sausage be dusty no more! So that's my rhyme and u gotta be stoked, I just want da chiks and be done with the blokes!! See ya!

March 26, 2012 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  13. Beautiful Vixen

I iz one fuuugly biootch!! I get stuck with the chubbby dy-kos these days. All the lipsticks are not into my chunky frame!!

March 26, 2012 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. Evel Kneivel

I am a fudge packin freak!! Any ho-mos wanna get down and get bizzy? I won't think twice about slippin some ghb in your drink!!

March 26, 2012 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  15. King of da trolls!!

David, I heard you were going to switch from cable to Netdi@ks! It is da gay streaming for the serious ho-mos!!

March 26, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  16. David

This page summarizes why I'm about to cancel cable and just go with Netflix.

March 25, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. King of da trolls!!

What up fools!! I am back and here to stay. Watch your back cuz I will rock your world.

March 25, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

I am waiting. Two hours have past and there hasnt been any rocking. King of the slackers perhaps?lol

March 25, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • King of da trolls!!

Sorry lol! I went to see Hunger Games. Trying not to blog when in a theater. In the meantime, Richard was pumpin his butt buddy in da keister!!

March 26, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
    • lol

Bowt time you got back! How was that movie? Going to get rocking now, richard fore?

March 26, 2012 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
    • king of da trolls

Great flick lol! Highly recommended, especially if u have read the book(s). Can't wait for the next two movies. Richard is pretty stoked too cuz there was some tight outfits on da dudes where you could see their package!!

March 26, 2012 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  18. Richard Fore

And we watch her show all week long, after we watch the ed show of course. We luv msnbc, our faorite tv station! [Sorry c n n]

March 25, 2012 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Richard Fore

I luv Rachel Maddow, just like my dad, observer. We plan on getting her new book, right away. Every body should!

March 25, 2012 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Tim

Plus I think you are all jealous of my success as a blog poster. YEAH , I rule. I hear ya all wanting to be a cool blog poster like me. I know. I rock. YES !

March 25, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Tim

This sure is a dumb show. That Stewie is too dumb, plus a talking dog that smokes a cigar. TOO SAD. These cartoons make me feel even more dummer that I normally am. How come do they show these silly cartoons Ag night? Children are supposed to be asleep. Plus rhe dumb wormhole is totally unbelievable. Plus it only let’s you travel in 1 direction. Every teleportation type device created in the last hundred years allows for 2 way travel. I mean, come on. This is the 21st century. Surely they can do better than just 1 way teleportation.

March 25, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol

Dude, you need to stay away from which ever drugs you do. You are annoyingly whacked.lol

March 25, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |