VH1 orders 'Hollywood Exes'
Eddie Murphy's ex-wife Nicole (shown here in 2002) is set to appear in VH1's "Hollywood Exes."
March 23rd, 2012

VH1 orders 'Hollywood Exes'

From “Real Housewives” and “Mob Wives” to “Sister Wives” and “Basketball Wives,” there’s an entire genre of reality TV dedicated to better halves.

But it looks like the ex-wives are finally ready for their 15 minutes time in the spotlight.

They’ll soon be featured on VH1 (five of them, anyway) as “Hollywood Exes” premieres this summer.

The show, with 10 one-hour episodes, is set to star Nicole Murphy (Eddie Murphy’s ex), Jessica Canseco (Jose Canseco’s ex), Sheree Fletcher (Will Smith’s ex), Mayte Garcia (Prince’s ex) and Andrea Kelly (R. Kelly’s ex).

The women involved have been friends for years, VH1 writes in a press release, adding, “Hollywood ex-wives are part of an exclusive sorority.”

“All the fame and fortune of marrying a celebrity may seem fun and glamorous at first, but it often comes with a price tag,” the release says. “Living in the shadow of your very famous husband can take its toll on your psyche when feel you are second to his career.”

Will you tune in to VH1’s “Hollywood Exes”?

Post by:
Filed under: television

1. KajinPL

Oh, COME ON!!!! VH1 & MTV have already saturated with these "real life" shows. Give it a rest and show what the channels were meant for. MUSIC!!!

March 28, 2012 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  2. enough is enough

You have got to be kidding. What are they all broke now that their meal tickets are gone. None of these woman are worth watching. I am tired of fame wh@#res making their way on tv. Vh1 air enough crap now exs of hard working men. these women had a marriage it ended we wouldnt know who they were if it wasnt for the men they where fu@#$#ing so they had there shot it ended now they should fade away. Seriously go away

March 27, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. beenz

Their new slogan: VH-1: No music. Ever.

March 26, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  4. jillmarie

I'm not a fan of these "wives" programs- and they've sunk to new lows again and again. I hope this trend stops soon!

March 25, 2012 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. HollywoodSurF

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries&w=640&h=390]

March 25, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Mel

16a1403535fI want to show my appreciation to the wreitr for rescuing me from this setting. Because of looking out through the world-wide-web and getting basics which were not beneficial, I thought my life was gone. Living devoid of the solutions to the difficulties you've fixed by means of your good short article is a serious case, as well as those which could have in a wrong way affected my entire career if I hadn't noticed your blog. Your own knowledge and kindness in playing with almost everything was priceless. I don't know what I would've done if I had not come upon such a stuff like this. I can now look forward to my future. Thanks very much for this expert and sensible help. I won't think twice to propose your blog to any individual who should have recommendations on this matter. 195

April 24, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. Bob

VH1 is a steaming pile of diseased rat feces.

March 24, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |